ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Coomer The Hot Dog Douche Is At It Again! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278176)

Lex Luthor 06-18-2015 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11554379)
IT WAS A ****ING HOT DOG.

Bob Dole would bet you could nail him in the face with a hot dog 100 times, and there wouldn't be any injury. You know why?

BECAUSE IT IS A ****ING HOT DOG.

Actually it was a detached retina.

If Brainiac threw something at Bob Dole's eye and caused Bob Dole to have a detached retina, would Bob Dole say "That's fine, it was just a ****ing hot dog"?

007 06-18-2015 06:57 AM

Quote:

Bob Dole would bet you could nail him in the face with a hot dog 100 times, and there wouldn't be any injury. You know why?

Well, to be fair, we are talking about Kauffman Stadium hot dogs here.

DenverChief 06-18-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10146477)
This guy is the biggest douche in Overland Park... and that's saying something!

http://news.yahoo.com/fan-injured-ho...155248090.html

The Missouri Supreme Court is weighing whether the "baseball rule" — a legal standard that protects teams from being sued over fan injuries caused by events on the field, court or rink

I'm assuming this is a MO law?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Brittanie_Cecil

Quote:

The NHL implemented mandatory safety netting above the glass behind and to the sides of both ends of the rink in all arenas. The netting has also been implemented by other organizations in many arenas world-wide. A lawsuit brought by Brittanie's family against the NHL and the arena was settled out of court for $1.2 million in April 2004.<SUP id=cite_ref-5 class=reference>[5]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-6 class=reference>[6]</SUP> The Brittanie Nichole Cecil Memorial Scholarship Fund has since been created, which collects donations at every Blue Jackets home game

DenverChief 06-18-2015 07:11 AM

Which makes me wonder if the lady at the Boston game is going to be paid handsomly

mdchiefsfan 06-18-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11554387)
Well, to be fair, we are talking about Kauffman Stadium hot dogs here.

ROFL

TLO 06-18-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

http://media3.giphy.com/media/JVqeFxl3Qo8/giphy.gif

Bob Dole 06-18-2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 11554383)
Actually it was a detached retina.

If Brainiac threw something at Bob Dole's eye and caused Bob Dole to have a detached retina, would Bob Dole say "That's fine, it was just a ****ing hot dog"?

Bob Dole would say that it it was a ****ING HOT DOG.

Probably some pre-existing issue if something that soft detaches a retina.

Bob Dole 06-18-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 11554419)

She probably received a concussion and 2 detached retinas.

BossChief 06-18-2015 07:47 AM

I have no dog in this fight, but for the royals to not have paid his medical bills for this is simply a douche move.

I can see the team (a multiple billion dollar industry) not wanting to be liable when a home run ball hits a fan and he/she gets hurt, but if Puig catches a ball and then fires it at a fan in the stands that isn't paying attention and that causes injury, the team should pay the medical bills AT MINIMUM.

Now, before you guys go all "haha yeah because Puig throwing a baseball at a fan and a guy getting hit by a hotdog are the same thing :facepalm: " ...I used that comparison to illustrate the difference between "normal expectations of a sporting event" and "something that happens outside the framework of a sporting event"...like getting hit in the face with a hotdog hard enough to detach a retina.

Sorry Royals fans, but that's just a douche move

BossChief 06-18-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11554430)

Sorry, but if I was in the same situation as this guy and sustained a serious injury because a team employee was showing off, I'd expect the team to "make me whole" again.

Your second sentence is probably true though and you have a point.

Kinda like if I borrow my friends 2001 impala that has mechanical issues to go to the store and those mechanical issues cause the car to breakdown...I shouldn't have to pay for his repairs unless I was doing 110 on the interstate when they happened, right?

chiefzilla1501 06-18-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 11554403)

It should be a different standard. Fans go to games assuming the risk of getting hit by a ball or puck. Because it's part of the game. They shouldn't have to assume the risk as well for a fan promotion between innings that has nothing to do with the game. A foul ball is an accident. An errant hot dog can easily be controlled.

Bob Dole 06-18-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11554439)
I have no dog in this fight, but for the royals to not have paid his medical bills for this is simply a douche move.

That likely would have changed the outcome of the case. The assumption would be that the team was admitting responsibility.

Kind of like when someone falls down in your retail establishment. Though it's human nature, the LAST thing you want to do is apologize.

chiefzilla1501 06-18-2015 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11554464)
That likely would have changed the outcome of the case. The assumption would be that the team was admitting responsibility.

Kind of like when someone falls down in your retail establishment. Though it's human nature, the LAST thing you want to do is apologize.

I agree. Royals were put in a tough spot. Can't say I blame them. Not only do they open themselves up for paying more than just medical damages, they also are being looked to by all sports stadiums to set a standard. If the Royals don't take a hard stance here, then all stadiums have to assume liability.

So I don't blame either coomer or the Royals for how they're approaching this.

BossChief 06-18-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11554464)

They should have taken responsibility and made an effort to alter their promotions to assure it doesn't happen again.

Jmo but that would be the right thing to do.

And if you have a store that requires people to walk in it, you should be aware enough to make sure the floor is safe to walk on.

This analogy is gonna suck, but hopefully the jest of it is understood...

If I walk through a Sears and while I'm walking on a tiled floor an employee splashes soapy water at my feet, causing me to fall...and I sustain injuries...of course the store should pay my medical bills AT MINIMUM.

Not come back at me with "you should have noticed the employee was trying to do his/her job and provide a clean floor for our customers. It's your fault you didn't get out of the way. Pay your own medical bills"

Sorry, but like I said that's a douche way to run a huge business and unless there is something else at play here, the team should be responsible for its actions.

MTG#10 06-18-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11554430)

It was tightly wrapped in foil.