ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music KISSTORY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282813)

htismaqe 04-10-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10553284)
That's funny. That's exactly why I do like it. You never know what you'll get. If the song doesn't fit my mood, I just hit skip.

I never hit skip, too lazy.

Frosty 04-10-2014 11:33 AM

Too many years of listening to cassette tapes in the car, I guess.

At least with albums, you could stack them up so they would be different after a side.

And yes - get off my lawn.

Frosty 04-10-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10553301)
I never hit skip, too lazy.

At home I typically don't (wish iPod had a remote) but I do in the car. If a song comes up that I don't care for, I give it three stars and then remove all three star songs later when I update the iPod. Awesome songs are given four stars so that I can have a playlist of those songs across artists and genres.

htismaqe 04-10-2014 11:37 AM

I'm just philosophically opposed to skipping songs. I might miss something that I wouldn't have otherwise listened to.

OCD.

Frosty 04-10-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10553312)
I'm just philosophically opposed to skipping songs. I might miss something that I wouldn't have otherwise listened to.

OCD.

Got it.

I will say I wish the iPod had some of the features of Pandora, like "Thumbs Down" or "I'm Tired of the Song". Apple really needs to work on their random algorithm.

htismaqe 04-10-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10553351)
Got it.

I will say I wish the iPod had some of the features of Pandora, like "Thumbs Down" or "I'm Tired of the Song". Apple really needs to work on their random algorithm.

You can use "times played" and "times skipped" with playlists in iTunes. I've never tried it, though.

frankotank 04-10-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10551989)
Maybe my favorite effort from Ace...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M2DIqdm3kTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

always liked this one. like I said...I love the whole album.
also...there's a Frehleys Comet song out there about him almost dieing in a car crash I thought was pretty cool. can't remember the name of it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DO_6zoo4RZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit : the car crash song is called Rock Soldiers.....it's terrible. hahaha.

Easy 6 04-10-2014 02:19 PM

Excellent choice franko, love that one, very Zeppelinesque.

htismaqe 04-10-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10553703)
edit : the car crash song is called Rock Soldiers.....it's terrible. hahaha.

I was gonna say. I remember a couple of Comet tunes but that is one I'd like to forget. LMAO

htismaqe 04-10-2014 02:26 PM

Your welcome. And by the way, the drummer is Anton Fig. Fig has been the drummer in the Tonight Show with David Letterman band for over 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMVE1iqFQVQ

frankotank 04-10-2014 02:32 PM

possible my fav Kiss song....certainly my fav Kiss album. also one of their best album covers imo.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IDTE8DpkKE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 04-10-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10553162)
I'm constantly looking for something fresh.

Have you heard any of Porcupine Tree or Joe Bonamassa,I know not completely new but a lot of good music in the last 20 years or so.

As for classic rock do you ever keep up with what those bands are doing now?

Off the top of my head in the last 5 years Steve Miller,Tom Petty,The Smithereens,Alice Cooper,Deep Purple,Van Halen and Alan Parsons have all put out new music.

Omaha 04-10-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10553735)
Your welcome. And by the way, the drummer is Anton Fig. Fig has been the drummer in the Tonight Show with David Letterman band for over 20 years.

According to the book Kiss and Tell written by 2 of Ace's old buddies, Gordon Gebert & Bob McAdams, Ace did something to piss Letterman off so bad in the '80s that Frehley's Comet was never allowed back to play.

They mentioned that Ace always thought it was hilarious to take shits without flushing and just leave it there for someone to discover. They said he did that a lot. He did that at someone's parents' house and wasn't allowed back. I wish I could remember some of the other things they said he used to do. I remember laughing my ass off at that book.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 04-10-2014 02:58 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/PipnUtLdak8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jiu Jitsu Jon 04-10-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10553810)
According to the book Kiss and Tell written by 2 of Ace's old buddies, Gordon Gebert & Bob McAdams, Ace did something to piss Letterman off so bad in the '80s that Frehley's Comet was never allowed back to play.

They mentioned that Ace always thought it was hilarious to take shits without flushing and just leave it there for someone to discover. They said he did that a lot. He did that at someone's parents' house and wasn't allowed back. I wish I could remember some of the other things they said he used to do. I remember laughing my ass off at that book.

Even though his elevator didn't go all the way to the top, Ace was my favorite. Apparently he would get loaded, dress up like a Nazi soldier and knock on Gene's door while staying at a hotel. As a Jew, Gene didn't really appreciate that. For someone who dressed up as a Demon, Gene could be rather touchy.