ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink -- Do we owe Perkins Bakery & Cafe a little discussion? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310721)

cooper barrett 10-10-2017 07:34 PM

Where is the grease saturated bottom piece of bread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13141203)
I know you're mad right now - but would you plow the 'PATTY MELT PILE ON?'

PATTY MELT PILE ON*
Two Angus burger patties, sautéed onions and American cheese, stacked high with pickles and served on grilled Vienna bread.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/oKyuL"><a href="//imgur.com/oKyuL"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Simply Red 10-10-2017 07:36 PM

I'm SO HUNGRY NOW!!

cooper barrett 10-10-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13141195)
I think there's still a Country Kitchen open in Warrensburg. Maybe I will stop by next time I go.

Country Kitchen - Hannibal

Country Kitchen - Sedalia

Country Kitchen - Warrensburg

Bob Dole 10-10-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13141260)
Vivion Rd and Antioch? Is't that a dyke bar where Dickey's BBQ is???? (or am i showing my age?) Once that bar was owned by a "character" and could be a lot of fun (shooting pool after closing) before it changed hands due to indictments. If a ya knaw what I mean.

Was Donovan's in a strip mall (annex) across from shopping center just down Antioch? That place was not bad at all.

I can't remember but there was a place not far away on Vivion called Marcy's that was the cheapest drinks of north of the river (those days) and a good breakfast too. Old peoples bar!!!!

The whole in the wall on Vivion near Claycomo is my fav. dive breakfast!!! Nelle Belle's!!!!!!

Donovan's was in a strip mall on Englewood, behind QT and down a couple of spots from NTW.

BryanBusby 10-10-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13141271)
I'm SO HUNGRY NOW!!

A nice quality steak is always a good decision. Eat good, friend.

lewdog 10-10-2017 07:55 PM

I like their pancakes and Eggs Benedict.

cooper barrett 10-10-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13141190)
I don't think I ever ate there at Sambo's.

weekends were Jack's Bar, Sam Wilsons Meat Market (they can't name them any better) then that!!!
Then maybe to the private club (cabin back behind Coca-cola) off of Marshall Dr.

When all was said and done we headed for Sambo's which never had a seat on a weekend night sometimes weekdays were packed too.

cooper barrett 10-10-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 13141276)
Donovan's was in a strip mall on Englewood, behind QT and down a couple of spots from NTW.

Yeah, Side Pockets now. I used to do a gal, Flight Attendant, who lived north of there at Regency North, We went there a lot.

Speaking of good pool bars "Antoinettes" on Brighton

Simply Red 10-10-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13141267)
Where is the grease saturated bottom piece of bread

it's there I think.

lewdog 10-10-2017 08:18 PM

Riddle me this. I rarely eat breakfast, let alone go out for it.

However, I love pancakes and french toast. Equally.

So I can never make a decision! Why not offer a breakfast platter with a slice of french toast and a pancake so I can have both?! I always have to choose and it sucks!!!

cooper barrett 10-10-2017 08:28 PM

Calling Waffle House as we speak, It'll be the special between Thanksgiving and New Years.

This will bum you out .. My wife got the Waffle House cast iron waffle maker in the divorce. Never seen another one like it. Found it at a restaurant supply house down in the bottoms that I sold the leftover fixtures from Anthony's on the Boulevard to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13141328)

So I can never make a decision! Why not offer a breakfast platter with a slice of french toast and a pancake so I can have both?! I always have to choose and it sucks!!!

Simply Red 10-10-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13141328)

Oh just have them do it as a substitution.

lewdog 10-10-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13141351)
Oh just have them do it as a substitution.

I don't want to ask for a half and half order because I prefer not to have them spit in my food.

cooper barrett 10-10-2017 08:45 PM

Found one like it...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/78/fc/22/7...ffee-shops.jpg

BryanBusby 10-10-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13141372)
I don't want to ask for a half and half order because I prefer not to have them spit in my food.

That's what Ala Carte is for. They know to drop the pubes in right away.