ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317770)

BossChief 09-29-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13772920)
Does the pain subside at all without surgery? If not, I don't see how he comes back and plays unless they're holding him out because we're 3-0.

I just don't understand why he didn't get surgery in August when these issues started.

How about the fact this issue has been going on for over 3 years?

Sassy Squatch 09-29-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13773017)
It's always preferred to not have surgery if there are non surgical options.

Well, he tried to play through the pain already and ****ed up his other heel last year so....

BossChief 09-29-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13773009)
I understand that, the issue would be how bad his spur is and if it can be done with that kind of surgery.

For example I ruptured a tendon and I had an open surgery to have it repaired had they tried to scope me it wouldn't have been repairable because it was worse then expected.

Was that from the delivery slip n fall a couple years ago?

O.city 09-29-2018 04:42 PM

My god if it isn’t one thing it’s another

Eleazar 09-29-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 13772680)
You'd think they could cut it open and file it down or something, stitch it back up, wrap real good and rub some dirt on it. Good as new.

It would be like recovering from an achilles tendon repair. Season ending for sure. Maybe ready for camp next year, maybe not.

FAX 09-29-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13773009)
I understand that, the issue would be how bad his spur is and if it can be done with that kind of surgery.

For example I ruptured a tendon and I had an open surgery to have it repaired had they tried to scope me it wouldn't have been repairable because it was worse then expected.

I get it, Mr. Mecca. I've been scoped a few times, as well, and finally had to have surgery after alternatives failed.

Here's my point ... the recovery period after a scope surgery like this (assuming it would be the procedure of choice) is around 3 months. That is the typical interval between the scope and your return to full physical activity.

We've already shot one of those months in the foot (so to speak). If you allow for the fact that Berry could rehab faster than a normal person, I repeat ...

Why didn't they correct this when it first happened? I can only assume that they either initially misdiagnosed the problem or they want it to improve sufficiently using non-surgical methodologies in the hope he can take the field at some point earlier than say ... December.

FAX

FAX 09-29-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13773033)
It would be like recovering from an achilles tendon repair. Season ending for sure. Maybe ready for camp next year, maybe not.

Sorry, but no ... not even close in terms of severity or recovery time.

FAX

Eleazar 09-29-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13772920)
I just don't understand why he didn't get surgery in August when these issues started.

Team seems to have a history of this.

Reerun_KC 09-29-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13773002)
Retire and be done with it. He was a great player but his time is over unfortunately.

Trade for Earl Thomas and move forward. Maybe we can get Berry a ring before he’s gone.

No one gives a flip about a ting for berry. Broke dicks be broken.

Eleazar 09-29-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13773040)
Sorry, but no ... not even close in terms of severity or recovery time.

FAX

He was describing needing surgery to remove the bone spur and reattach the tendon and the like.

FAX 09-29-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13773046)
He was describing needing surgery to remove the bone spur and reattach the tendon and the like.

Ah ... my bad ...

I should know better than to doubt your posts, Mr. Eleazar. I stand corrected and humbled. And a little sweaty in the undergarment.

FAX THE GOING TO READ STUFF FROM NOW ON

Mecca 09-29-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13773020)
Was that from the delivery slip n fall a couple years ago?

Ha yea, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, that shit was awful and I about died to the point where doctors tell me I'm lucky.

displacedinMN 09-29-2018 04:51 PM

I have had bone spurs on both feet where the heel bone was cutting into the Achilles. Not just an inflammation sack.

The repair was to deliberatly cut the tendon. Grind the heel bone and then reattach with bands and metal screws into the heel.

I have had this done on both feet. The left has been done twice because a screw popped out.

No movement for 6- 8 weeks. Then PT.

He is an athlete. I am not.

FloridaMan88 09-29-2018 04:53 PM

Since he got paid, Eric Berry skipped all of the voluntary OTA’s during the 2017 offseason (workouts that may be “voluntary” in participation enforcement but in reality 98% of NFL players participate in these workouts), begins to have heel issues (that may have been related to not being in football shape), tears his Achilles’ tendon by overcompensating for the heel issue in his other foot and now this latest shit show.

$78 million waste.

Reerun_KC 09-29-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13773066)
Since he got paid, Eric Berry skipped all of the voluntary OTA’s during the 2017 offseason (workouts that may be “voluntary” in participation enforcement but in reality 98% of NFL players participate in these workouts), begins to have heel issues (that may have been related to not being in football shape), tears his Achilles’ tendon by overcompensating for the heel issue in his other foot and now this latest shit show.

$76 million waste.

100% agree. Unless you have his jersey.