ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The QB Reid chooses to lead the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268521)

Sassy Squatch 01-06-2013 09:06 PM

Clay hates Mccluster personally for reasons i forget. You're not going to convince him

jd1020 01-06-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9290431)
Clay hates Mccluster personally for reasons i forget. You're not going to convince him

Especially not with this shit about him being a RB.

A RB who ran the ball 12 times...

Reaper16 01-06-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9290406)
Dudes been lurking since July 2011 and now all of a sudden he's posting 30+ times a day.

Did another Blackbob mult get banned recently?

I wouldn't blame a lurker for becoming a more active poster here during the most exciting three-day period in five years for Chiefs fans.

fairladyZ or whatever that account is seems to be the current blackbob mult. Exoter isn't saying anything about Geno that guys like KCRun haven't.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9290419)
When more than HALF of those touches are handoffs because he is a running back?:

He is not a running back. You keep bringing this crap up when he didn't even play running back this year.

You have absolutely no ability to debate, so I'll just leave this here and watch you bleed out:

http://i.imgur.com/4tY67.jpg

Hammock Parties 01-06-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

I hate him as a person and as a player.

He is shit.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9290422)
You don't use your playmakers on special teams as returners at all.

Dex was removed from regular kick return duty because he sucks at it.

Sorry to inform you of the truth.

EagleRob 01-06-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9290396)
Maclin for a 4th rounder? SOLD

Maclin will be a FA after this season. Reid will go after him guaranteed especially after having a new QB with a year in the system.

Strongside 01-06-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9290462)
Maclin will be a FA after this season. Reid will go after him guaranteed especially after having a new QB with a year in the system.

This. I see him coming here as a pretty safe bet.

Sassy Squatch 01-06-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9290462)

How has he been this year. I thought he was decent but he is damn near dead last in those rankings. WTF is that about?

EagleRob 01-06-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9290469)
How has he been this year. I thought he was decent but he is damn near dead last in those rankings. WTF is that about?

He was kind of invisible. I recall something in the preseason about him having a debilitating illness similar to mononucleosis. Nobody would confirm what it was but it was supposedly life threatening at one point. May have carried over a bit. The QB situation was a mess though. Vick couldn't even hold on to the football let alone find his deep threat (DJax) or possession receiver (Maclin) on the outside. I think Maclin missed some games with a nagging hip injury from early in the season. He's young, solid, knows the system just a victim of a bad team with a bad Turnover prone QB.

EagleRob 01-06-2013 09:29 PM

Isn't Maclin a Mizzou kid? Or do I have that wrong? He'd probably like to come home if so. Interested to see if the new Eagles FO tries to extend him but if not...

ChiefsCountry 01-06-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9290509)
Isn't Maclin a Mizzou kid? Or do I have that wrong? He'd probably like to come home if so. Interested to see if the new Eagles FO tries to extend him but if not...

He went to Mizzou. His hometown is St. Louis.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2013 09:38 PM

I'd love to see Maclin here, shitting all over Dex.

ChiefsCountry 01-06-2013 09:39 PM

Of course the Chiefs have traded for a Mizzou receiver that the Eagles had before. Victor Bailey anybody?

EagleRob 01-06-2013 09:44 PM

Had a vague recollection of the name so I had to look him up on Wikipedia. Career Achievements: No notable accomplishments. ROFL. I guess it didn't help that Google first came up with a jazz musician with the same name.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9290558)
Of course the Chiefs have traded for a Mizzou receiver that the Eagles had before. Victor Bailey anybody?

And they signed Freddie Mitchell, who was supposed to be a game changer.

ROFL

Chiefshrink 01-06-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9290497)
He was kind of invisible. I recall something in the preseason about him having a debilitating illness similar to mononucleosis. Nobody would confirm what it was but it was supposedly life threatening at one point. May have carried over a bit. The QB situation was a mess though. Vick couldn't even hold on to the football let alone find his deep threat (DJax) or possession receiver (Maclin) on the outside. I think Maclin missed some games with a nagging hip injury from early in the season. He's young, solid, knows the system just a victim of a bad team with a bad Turnover prone QB.

What I saw of several Eagles games this year is your O-line was severely beat up all season so Vick was already running for his life as soon as he got the snap on a pass play and just when Reid finally had him corrected the previous year in being comfortable in the pocket and only taking off when truly needed. Old habits die hard. I also think because your O-line was beat up all year this severely limited Shady as well on top of the play calling.

EagleRob 01-06-2013 09:58 PM

FredEx had some game changing humor. After the 4th and 26 conversion to beat the Packers during a T.O.-less playoff run, he says at his post game presser, "I just want to thank my hands for being so great". That's one thing - Reid has some issues drafting WRs. They seem to take an inordinate amount of time to learn the system but he sticks with them for three years minimum. Most wouldn't last three weeks in any other NFL camp. Na Brown, FredEx, Todd Pinkston!, Chad freakin Hall...DJax Is worth it but a diva. Maclin I like as a compliment. It took him a while but he Reid got the hang of it.

EagleRob 01-06-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9290598)
What I saw of several Eagles games this year is your O-line was severely beat up all season so Vick was already running for his life as soon as he got the snap on a pass play and just when Reid finally had him corrected the previous year in being comfortable in the pocket and only taking off when truly needed. Old habits die hard. I also think because your O-line was beat up all year this severely limited Shady as well on top of the play calling.

Very true. Lost our All Pro LT at the outset of camp. Downhill from there. Believe the Eagles only had one starter at the end of the year and even he was out of position.

Deberg_1990 01-06-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9290603)
FredEx had some game changing humor. After the 4th and 26 conversion to beat the Packers during a T.O.-less playoff run, he says at his post game presser, "I just want to thank my hands for being so great". That's one thing - Reid has some issues drafting WRs. They seem to take an inordinate amount of time to learn the system but he sticks with them for three years minimum. Most wouldn't last three weeks in any other NFL camp. Na Brown, FredEx, Todd Pinkston!, Chad freakin Hall...DJax Is worth it but a diva. Maclin I like as a compliment. It took him a while but he Reid got the hang of it.

Kevin Curtis had a memorable KC career.

BossChief 01-06-2013 10:03 PM

Did you hear anything about Andy Reid wanting to draft Dexter McCluster in the 2010 draft? There was lots of chatter about that during the draft talk here..

crazycoffey 01-06-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9290523)
He went to Mizzou. His hometown is St. Louis.

Kirkwood, still comes back every year for a football camp. Good kid

EagleRob 01-06-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9290622)
Did you hear anything about Andy Reid wanting to draft Dexter McCluster in the 2010 draft? There was lots of chatter about that during the draft talk here..

Interestingly, yes. When Reid traded McNabb to Washington he picked up a 2nd Rd pick in the 2010 Draft at number 37. Word is he was targeting McCluster with that pick but the Chiefs grabbed him just prior. They ended up taking Nate Allen there instead.

KCrockaholic 01-06-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9290666)
Interestingly, yes. When Reid traded McNabb to Washington he picked up a 2nd Rd pick in the 2010 Draft at number 37. Word is he was targeting McCluster with that pick but the Chiefs grabbed him just prior. They ended up taking Nate Allen there instead.

He should be glad he ended up with Allen.

Nickel D 01-06-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9289970)
Must be a TON of idiots in the NFL world then. Fairly certain that there have been a lot of QBs drafted #1 that weren't the prospect Luck was.

True dat -- so you'll be quite happy with the 2nd coming of Ryan Leaf.

EagleRob 01-06-2013 10:18 PM

I'd argue he ended up with McCluster...sorry...couldn't resist.

KCrockaholic 01-06-2013 10:19 PM

I'd be buying a Maclin jersey if he become a Chief. He's an ideal #2 or #3 guy IMO.

BossChief 01-06-2013 10:19 PM

Allen sucks, too.

KCrockaholic 01-06-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9290682)

Ha. Yeah... I know...

Quesadilla Joe 01-06-2013 10:20 PM

Eagles fans are discussing whether or not Andy will try to get Foles.

Quote:

Number 1 pick please
Quote:

Foles for Eric Berry?

lmao.
http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...ade-for-foles/

EagleRob 01-06-2013 10:21 PM

Perfect #2 complement for a deep threat. When the deep threat runs the go and takes the FS with him, Maclin throttles down into the vacant area underneath and between the linebackers. He's also a great blocker for the dozen screen passes to the HB Reid calls every game.

KCrockaholic 01-06-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9290687)
Allen sucks, too.

He does. But he's still a step above McCluster****

Chiefshrink 01-06-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9290682)

Yep. And I bet he will utilize him a whole helluva a lot better than Haley/Daboll ever would. Boss ain't happy but maybe Andy can make him happy:hmmm:

KCrockaholic 01-06-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9290692)
Perfect #2 complement for a deep threat. When the deep threat runs the go and takes the FS with him, Maclin throttles down into the vacant area underneath and between the linebackers. He's also a great blocker for the dozen screen passes to the HB Reid calls every game.

Screen passes

:drool:

EagleRob 01-06-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9290702)
Screen passes

:drool:

How many posts before I get to add links? I got some Reid screens that will make your head spin.

KCrockaholic 01-06-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9290711)
How many posts before I get to add links? I got some Reid screens that will make your head spin.

I don't know. But apparently you're a nOOb until you reach 20,000 post. I think Mr. FAX made a statement like that one time.

KCrockaholic 01-06-2013 10:30 PM

Although.. How is it these guys with 40 posts can start threads? But you can't post links?

Sassy Squatch 01-06-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

35 i think.

AussieChiefsFan 01-06-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9290689)
Eagles fans are discussing whether or not Andy will try to get Foles.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...ade-for-foles/

ROFL

EagleRob 01-06-2013 10:43 PM

I bet McCluster gets a good look in camp.

ReynardMuldrake 01-06-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

If you ask a mod politely they've been known to waive the post count requirements at times.

EagleRob 01-06-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9290776)
If you ask a mod politely they've been known to waive the post count requirements at times.

Cool. Thx

KCrockaholic 01-06-2013 10:56 PM

As much as I don't like DMC, I think he will turn out to be ok if Reid finds ways to use him right. He's just too frail for the NFL and his straight line speed can't make up for it. He's really not that fast. Just quick, yet he lacks vision.

Ugly Duck 01-07-2013 01:42 AM

Chiefs Prime Contender for Alex Smith Trade

On Thursday, ESPN NFL analyst Adam Schefter said that Colin Kaepernick's play in the last two games could enable the 49ers to move Smith -- either to release his $8 million salary or to trade him to a team. Those teams included the Chief and the Oakland Raiders.

While it would be in the Niners best interest to keep a solid safety net in play, Smith could be expendable and that makes the Chiefs a prime contender for his services. There's plenty of talent on both sides of the ball despite the pitiful record of 1-10. Smith has proven that he can succeed with the right coaching and talent around him, and he's a better option than anything the Chiefs have right now. Even just the addition of Smith alone would be an upgrade.

Despite the frustrating trajectory early in his career, head coach Jim Harbaugh has clearly placed Smith in a winning system. He's completing a startling 70 percent of his passes this year -- nearly a 9 point jump over last season -- with a 13 to 5 touchdown-to-interception ratio. This comes after a successful 2011 season where he had 17 touchdowns to 5 interceptions and guided the 49ers to 13 wins.

Those numbers should remind Chiefs of the recent Pro Bowl season that Matt Cassel enjoyed in 2010, one in which he was placed in the right situation to succeed and given an efficient model to work within. The Chiefs running game and defense carried the team that year, just as the 49ers enjoy now. Thus it means proper coaching is in order to establish the same in KC. Still, Smith's talent and performance is better than anything the Chiefs have on hand presently.

If the Chiefs were able to pair Smith with a rookie like Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley -- just to name a few -- the position would finally have the predictable floor of Smith with the ceiling of an incoming impact rookie. That's a much better position than Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn.

Would it be worth it for the Chiefs to throw a pick at the Niners to secure his services? Perhaps, but not at the expense of the team's ability to get that main quarterback. But if the Chiefs can grab him on the open market or for a marginal draft pick, they could secure the position that needs something -- anything -- to succeed.

Saccopoo 01-07-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9291041)

On Thursday, ESPN NFL analyst Adam Schefter said that Colin Kaepernick's play in the last two games could enable the 49ers to move Smith -- either to release his $8 million salary or to trade him to a team. Those teams included the Chief and the Oakland Raiders.

While it would be in the Niners best interest to keep a solid safety net in play, Smith could be expendable and that makes the Chiefs a prime contender for his services. There's plenty of talent on both sides of the ball despite the pitiful record of 1-10. Smith has proven that he can succeed with the right coaching and talent around him, and he's a better option than anything the Chiefs have right now. Even just the addition of Smith alone would be an upgrade.

Despite the frustrating trajectory early in his career, head coach Jim Harbaugh has clearly placed Smith in a winning system. He's completing a startling 70 percent of his passes this year -- nearly a 9 point jump over last season -- with a 13 to 5 touchdown-to-interception ratio. This comes after a successful 2011 season where he had 17 touchdowns to 5 interceptions and guided the 49ers to 13 wins.

Those numbers should remind Chiefs of the recent Pro Bowl season that Matt Cassel enjoyed in 2010, one in which he was placed in the right situation to succeed and given an efficient model to work within. The Chiefs running game and defense carried the team that year, just as the 49ers enjoy now. Thus it means proper coaching is in order to establish the same in KC. Still, Smith's talent and performance is better than anything the Chiefs have on hand presently.

If the Chiefs were able to pair Smith with a rookie like Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley -- just to name a few -- the position would finally have the predictable floor of Smith with the ceiling of an incoming impact rookie. That's a much better position than Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn.

Would it be worth it for the Chiefs to throw a pick at the Niners to secure his services? Perhaps, but not at the expense of the team's ability to get that main quarterback. But if the Chiefs can grab him on the open market or for a marginal draft pick, they could secure the position that needs something -- anything -- to succeed.

Who's the cock slobber who penned this drivel?

**** the ****ing game manager.

Draft Geno.
Sign Jason Campbell as a FA. (This team doesn't need to take on a 8 million dollar a year contract so it can sit behind Geno.)
Draft a raw, smart big arm like Sorensen in the later rounds.

Done.

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9291041)

This is what we've come to. Schefter's basically saying we're a prime contender because in his opinion it's a move that makes sense. It doesn't sound like there is any indication that the Chiefs are the ones saying this.

Sorter 01-07-2013 01:49 AM

I can't see Smith coming here. The guy wants to start, not serve as a backup to a franchise QB.

Saccopoo 01-07-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9291047)
I can't see Smith coming here. The guy wants to start, not serve as a backup to a franchise QB.

Well, a Smith will be coming here, but it's not going to be Alex.

He'll end up in Arizona, Buffalo or Jacksonville as the starter. Most likely Arizona.

Sorter 01-07-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9291048)
Well, a Smith will be coming here, but it's not going to be Alex.

He'll end up in Arizona, Buffalo or Jacksonville as the starter. Most likely Arizona.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m339oifaie1qamhje.gif

RealSNR 01-07-2013 01:55 AM

Is the NFL this ****ing stupid?

When a QB sucks for so many years, then all of a sudden a QB genius coach comes by and makes him look good, it's a good idea not to barter for that QB's services if the coach doesn't come with him.

Odds are the guy is going to suck as soon as he leaves the nest

NJChiefsFan 01-07-2013 02:04 AM

Well that article was written around two months ago since it refers to us as being 1-10. I am going to trust Andy and the new regime not to make a mistake like that. Still, with our amazing QB history, there is still that worry until you have officially not made the wrong move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9290443)
fairladyZ or whatever that account is seems to be the current blackbob mult. Exoter isn't saying anything about Geno that guys like KCRun haven't.

fairladyZ has had a few arguments where people pointed out issues in his points and he backed down easily and reasonably enough. That isn't a blackbob trait.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9291052)
Is the NFL this ****ing stupid?

Jim Plunkett won two Super Bowls.

Doug Williams won a Super Bowl.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

The answer to your question is "Yes".

SAUTO 01-07-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9290141)
@Sauto
This message is hidden because JASONSAUTO is on your ignore list.

this is very fitting.
no. one that he would put me on ignore because my shop only has two, two post lifts, well and a four post alignment rack and machine.

IMO that makes it even more impressive that i have pumped out over 350,000 worth of work out of that set up at $60 a labor hour.

and dinny didnt embellish. i have absolutely NO parking and have storage units around me that the owners let me park cars around. this morning i had 27 cars waiting for me here. they are parked along two blocks.

no. 2 is that i told him in this thread when i got to a computer i would own his ass on the brake conversation. WHICH is the REAL reason i'm on ignore guys.

**** THIS GUY.

ignore is probably for the best.

sorry for ****ing up the thread, just wanted to throw my two cents in because he thought he could still bash me even though he put me on ignore

RealSNR 01-07-2013 10:24 AM

I used to think for the longest time that JASONSAUTO was pronounced as "Jason's Auto" like it was the name of your car business or something.

That is all.

crazycoffey 01-07-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9291569)
I used to think for the longest time that JASONSAUTO was pronounced as "Jason's Auto" like it was the name of your car business or something.

That is all.

and I used to think you were an asian with an affinity of Lorne Michaels' TV show....

RealSNR 01-07-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9291583)
and I used to think you were an asian with an affinity of Lorne Michaels' TV show....

Oh, how wrong you were.

I'm not Asian.

crazycoffey 01-07-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9291604)
Oh, how wrong you were.

I'm not Asian.

so it doesnt stand for Saturday Night Rive?

RealSNR 01-07-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9291623)
so it doesnt stand for Saturday Night Rive?

No.

Simply Red has been trying to figure out what SNR means for years, and I haven't even told him. You'll have to wait your turn.

Maybe in 10 years when you're old enough to understand.

Red And Yellow 01-07-2013 03:45 PM

This is an Espn Insider Rumor..... idk what the rumor is but thought someone might want to read it......
On Friday, it was widely reported that Andy Reid was taking over as the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, and he was introduced in that position at a press conference on Monday afternoon. The next steps for Reid include assembling his coaching staff, and then evaluating his roster and finding areas where improvements can be made, either through free agency or the draft. The GM that is hired will obviously play a role in this as well.

Speaking to media at the presser, Reid confessed that sorting out the QB position will be a pivotal undertaking this offseason. "I have looked at the roster and there are some good football players on this football team," Reid declared, via Pro Football Talk. "The quarterback position, I'm going to dig in and look at that and we'll build that thing. We'll see how that whole thing builds out. I need to spend some time working at it, though. I've got to find that next Len Dawson, doggone it. It might be right here, it might not."

The coach also addressed the idea of having the first pick in this offseason's draft, though he admitted that there is pressure to avoid picking a bust. "We've been blessed with the No. 1 pick in the draft," he noted. "You want to make sure you do the right thing and pick the right guy for that. Not necessarily a quarterback -- it doesn't have to be a quarterback. It has to be the right thing. You don't want to force anything at that point. People that do that get themselves in trouble."

As we know, the QBs that will hit free agency this offseason don't inspire much hope, but old Reid favorite Michael Vick may be released by the Eagles, and there's a possibility that Alex Smith or Matt Flynn could be had via trade. And even if the Chiefs don't use that No. 1 overall pick on a QB, they'll have the top pick in each successive round, so taking a passer later on could be an option if the right prospect is available.

- Tim Kavanagh

Rausch 01-07-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9291636)
Maybe in 10 years when you're old enough to understand.

Ewwwwwwww...

Red Beans 01-07-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

That is all.

It isn't? Well I don't give two shits! It's Jason's Auto, and that's what it is!

Ugly Duck 01-07-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red And Yellow (Post 9292950)
Espn Insider

Andy Reid: "I've got to find that next Len Dawson..... It might be right here...."

"You want to make sure you do the right thing and pick the right guy.... not necessarily a quarterback -- it doesn't have to be a quarterback."

Tim Kavanagh: ..."there's a possibility that Alex Smith... could be had via trade."

So are you guyz gonna jump all over the Walrus if he thinks the next Len Dawson is already "right here" or trades for Alex Smith instead of picking Geno? You guyz gonna trash your own coach?

htismaqe 01-07-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9293241)
So are you guyz gonna jump all over the Walrus if he thinks the next Len Dawson is already "right here" or trades for Alex Smith instead of picking Geno? You guyz gonna trash your own coach?

Already been discussed ad nauseum. Stop being a troll.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-07-2013 05:32 PM

49 percent...losing ground

Canofbier 01-07-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

That is all.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...1/09/ernie.gif

Halfcan 01-07-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284487)
Milkman, can you explain to me, as a long time resident, why this place has such an enormous boner right now for Andy Reid?

The guy who assembled the 'dream team'. The guy who made his offensive line coach his defensive coordinator. The guy who signs players selfish players like Babin and Owens and expects them to be team first guys. The guy who grabs as many headlines for his personal life than his football success. The guy who's dominant unit (defense) was shouldered by another coach who is now dead. I can't stress that last one enough.

I mean I don't think Andy is the worst guy out there, but boy this place is ecstatic about it.

I have never been an Andy fan-But considering the coaching choices and what a laughing stock this team is right now- Its the best choice. He wont have a powder puff camp like Haley and then gamble the game away. Andy won't have the deer in the headlights look like Romeo- He will get us to 8-8 next year and possibly a playoff win the year after. Safe Bet for sure.

O.city 01-07-2013 06:43 PM

BTW, Owens was a ****ing stud while in Philly.

King_Chief_Fan 01-07-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284487)
Milkman, can you explain to me, as a long time resident, why this place has such an enormous boner right now for Andy Reid?

The guy who assembled the 'dream team'. The guy who made his offensive line coach his defensive coordinator. The guy who signs players selfish players like Babin and Owens and expects them to be team first guys. The guy who grabs as many headlines for his personal life than his football success. The guy who's dominant unit (defense) was shouldered by another coach who is now dead. I can't stress that last one enough.

I mean I don't think Andy is the worst guy out there, but boy this place is ecstatic about it.

anyone who isn't Romeo gets an ovation......maybe?

htismaqe 01-07-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9293431)
I have never been an Andy fan-But considering the coaching choices and what a laughing stock this team is right now- Its the best choice. He wont have a powder puff camp like Haley and then gamble the game away. Andy won't have the deer in the headlights look like Romeo- He will get us to 8-8 next year and possibly a playoff win the year after. Safe Bet for sure.

Exactly.

Who are the other options?

BossChief 01-08-2013 12:04 AM

Two comparisons I've consistently made on here are Geno Smith to McNabb and Dwayne Bowe to Terrell Owens.

Remember what Andy was able to do with McNabb and Owens?

BossChief 01-08-2013 12:13 AM

Reid will want to throw the ball 60+% of the time...he will be targeting a guy that can put points on the board with his arm and leadership.

It has to be Geno.

RealSNR 01-08-2013 12:13 AM

Okay smartasses, then why does everybody call him "Sauto"?

Answer that one. His name must be Jason Sauto. It's not the automotive business owned by Jason.

DaneMcCloud 01-08-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9295412)

Answer that one. His name must be Jason Sauto. It's not the automotive business owned by Jason.

Because I gave him that nickname the first week he joined.

Mecca 01-08-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9295412)

He's a little Japanese man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 01-08-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9295419)
He's a little Japanese man.
Posted via Mobile Device

****ing Mecca and his toilet brush.

God Bless.

Exoter175 01-08-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9290406)
Dudes been lurking since July 2011 and now all of a sudden he's posting 30+ times a day.

Did another Blackbob mult get banned recently?

I generally post here in the off season more than I do during the regular season where most of my time is spent on fantasy football :thumb:

Quote:

Slept with his wife.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9290443)
I wouldn't blame a lurker for becoming a more active poster here during the most exciting three-day period in five years for Chiefs fans.

I also legitimately have a "source" in the Chiefs world who isn't involved in the FO but gets updated pretty quickly on whats going on, for a reason I can't explain, so I like to come in here and post the tidbits that I hear so people can talk about it. I do the same on twitter. One day I'll be the next Jason Crapcanfora.

Thanks for the backup though :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9290452)
He is not a running back. You keep bringing this crap up when he didn't even play running back this year.

You have absolutely no ability to debate, so I'll just leave this here and watch you bleed out:

http://i.imgur.com/4tY67.jpg

I must have forgotten the draft when it said "Dexter McCluster, Running back out of". I must have missed the part where he had 100+ carries last year. Show me a receiver who has ever had 100+ carries in a single season.

You can post an image all you want, but understand that the image you posted has statistics in it, and I'm the last person you want to debate statistics with, I will always find a way to win that argument, always.

That being said, what was it you wanted me to look at specifically on that image full of statistics? Purely where he was ranked? Because nobody with an "opinion" worth a **** cares about where their overall rank is. You don't win super bowls with overall rank, I don't win fantasy football championships with overall rank, so why on earth would we discuss overall rank here?

Lets look at pertinent facts for a moment.

2011: #2 rushing yardage, #3 in carries, #1 in YPCar, #3 in receptions, #3 in reception yardage.

2012: #2 in receptions, #3 in reception yardage, #2 in YPCar

Argue all you want that Dex is a Wide Receiver because he lined up there the most this year, but in his career in Kansas City, 3 years, he's lined up more behind the QB than anywhere else on the field. That is an undisputed fact.

You don't have to call him a Running Back. Call him a Scatback, Wingback, H back, McClusterback, I don't care. Point is the guy runs the ball and catches the ball, and he's one of the most productive players in this offense since he's been here, and we haven't exactly had the worst offense in football either.

McCluster IS NOT a #1 or #2 receiver, he is NOT a Slot Receiver. He is merely a guy you can plug into any position and get him the ball. He is a Playmaker.

Some of you confuse the term "playmaker" with "gamebreaker". The two are not synonymous. McCluster is a playmaker. When he gets the ball in his hands, he works harder than just about anyone on this team (save Charles and Bowe) to move the sticks. Playmakers are guys you want to get the ball to in crucial situations. Example, someone go find the stats for 3rd down targets and 3rd down receptions for McCluster, tell me how many times he converted 3rd downs into first downs, and then adjust the scaling factor for having a broke dick QB throw the ball to him all year long.

Gamebreakers are guys like sanders who you want to get the ball as many times as you can in a game because at any point, that guy could BREAK the game wide open by making magic happen.

McCluster is not, and never will be a gamebreaker. He flashed that ability in 2010, but he's been humbled into a safety outlet in 2011 and 2012, and you know what? He does a good job at it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9290458)
Dex was removed from regular kick return duty because he sucks at it.

Sorry to inform you of the truth.

Because returning a kick for a touchdown means you are bad. Perhaps it was because Arenas (arguably a bigger bust) is better at kick returns and we basically have to justify a roster spot for him? He's faster than Dex IIRC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9291045)
Who's the cock slobber who penned this drivel?

**** the ****ing game manager.

Draft Geno.
Sign Jason Campbell as a FA. (This team doesn't need to take on a 8 million dollar a year contract so it can sit behind Geno.)
Draft a raw, smart big arm like Sorensen in the later rounds.

Done.

The guy trying to sell hits and subscriptions on the internet. While I don't mind Alex Smith one bit, I wouldn't want to do it here.

DaneMcCloud 09-02-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285112)
I think that Tannehill is much more mature than Tyler Bray and probably Tyler Wilson.

Firstly, Tannehill was 24 years old to start the 2012 season and he's married. Bray would be 21 and there have been questions about Wilson, even though he'll be 24 to start the 2013 season.

All I can say is that none of these guys, at least today, look like slam dunks.

Guess I was wrong.

LMAO