ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

Frazod 01-12-2005 08:00 PM

MIND fuck!!!!

:cuss:

Dartgod 01-12-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
MIND fuck!!!!

:cuss:

That was a little lame.

Fairplay 01-12-2005 08:04 PM

Yeah. I wondered if it was a dream maybe. I guess he had to get over his jealousy of his sister. So tie up the sister and cue the monster to get him to realize that.

Frazod 01-12-2005 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
That was a little lame.

Yeah, it was a bit annoying.

I'm also getting tired of the Sawyer-says-you-can't-have-it routine previewed for next week. That's getting OLD.

Deberg_1990 01-12-2005 08:12 PM

Yea, the "it was only a dream" thing is a huge copout. Otherwise a pretty decent episode with some HOT Incest for added enjoyment!

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 08:13 PM

I really like this show, but I remain confused...

Are we certain that Locke was on the plane and he isn't one of the psychos that was stranded 16 years ago?

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 08:14 PM

I thought the whole "dude pee on it" scene was funny...

Frazod 01-12-2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania

Are we certain that Locke was on the plane and he isn't one of the psychos that was stranded 16 years ago?

He was definitely on the plane.

But he's freaky nonetheless. :spock:

Dartgod 01-12-2005 08:16 PM

Quote:

They did his story early on. He was paralyzed and was able to walk again after the crash.

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 08:18 PM

Quote:

They did his story early on. He was paralyzed and was able to walk again after the crash.

Shit ... I missed that. He knows WAY too much...

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 08:20 PM

So ... 3 weeks and those guys have as much facial growth that I do in 2 days. I guess they're all shaving, but it's kinda odd.

And, I'm kinda glad they're leaving out the moments for any of the women... there have to be grooming issues cropping up.

Frazod 01-12-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

Shit ... I missed that. He knows WAY too much...

He's sort of like the Professor.

On steriods. :D

Deberg_1990 01-12-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

He's sort of like the Professor.

On steriods. :D

Or like the "Yoda" of the Island.

Dartgod 01-12-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

And, I'm kinda glad they're leaving out the moments for any of the women... there have to be grooming issues cropping up.

Hopefully there was a shipment of feminine products in the cargo hold. You know, for that "fresh" feeling?

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 08:25 PM

I just can't imagine WTF is wandering through the jungle eating people...

Did you guys address the issue of the compass? Sorry, I'm the kid that showed up 5 minutes before class was over...

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-12-2005 08:26 PM

Quote:

So ... 3 weeks and those guys have as much facial growth that I do in 2 days. I guess they're all shaving, but it's kinda odd.

I've been commenting on that too. A couple of them have barely any peach fuzz. I know different people grow facial hair at different rates but it seems a bit odd to me too. Locke has not much more than 5 o'clock shadow.

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
I've been commenting on that too. A couple of them have barely any peach fuzz. I know different people grow facial hair at different rates but it seems a bit odd to me too. Locke has not much more than 5 o'clock shadow.

That crazy bastard is likely dry shaving with his bowie knife...

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-12-2005 08:33 PM

Quote:

That crazy bastard is likely dry shaving with his bowie knife...

good point...

Frazod 01-12-2005 08:38 PM

I still don't understand why Jack didn't pass out those guns to Kate, Locke and Sayyid and go looking for Claire. That just makes no fucking sense.

I think the show's starting to slip a bit.

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 08:41 PM

Quote:

I still don't understand why Jack didn't pass out those guns to Kate, Locke and Sayyid and go looking for Claire. That just makes no fucking sense.

It opened with such a BANG and wow factor that we're going to think that at times... as they build the characters and set the stage for new things, we're going to consider some scenes as dragging.

Deberg_1990 01-12-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

I think they are all assuming that Claire is dead so whats the point????

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 08:45 PM

So, other than this thread... have any of you been nerdy enough to find a true forum dedicated to the show?

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
I think they are all assuming that Claire is dead so whats the point????

Yep and once we've forgotter her ... they'll find her with the freaks on the island and the baby will be the "chosen one" or something.

chiefs4me 01-12-2005 08:46 PM

Not I,,

Deberg_1990 01-12-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

So, other than this thread... have any of you been nerdy enough to find a true forum dedicated to the show?

I think a few have. But i prefer to stay "spoiler" free.

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 08:52 PM

Should have known...

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/community.html

Mile High Mania 01-12-2005 09:16 PM

Hey - if you guys are interested in some wild theories, check out that link...

Chiefnj 01-12-2005 10:47 PM

The fact that nobody is looking for Claire is almost ruining the show for me. Their inaction goes against everything else in the show. They'll go to great lengths and torture someone for an asthma inhaler or spend a day trying to get inside a lousy locked briefcase, but someone takes the pregnant girl and all of sudden everyone goes crop planting, fishing, boar hunting and map reading.

Frazod 01-12-2005 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
The fact that nobody is looking for Claire is almost ruining the show for me. Their inaction goes against everything else in the show. They'll go to great lengths and torture someone for an asthma inhaler or spend a day trying to get inside a lousy locked briefcase, but someone takes the pregnant girl and all of sudden everyone goes crop planting, fishing, boar hunting and map reading.

Agreed. That's pissing me off, too. Especially since they've got guns now.

:shake:

Deberg_1990 01-12-2005 10:51 PM

Quote:

They did go look for her, but after Jack got his butt kicked by Ethan I guess they gave up the search for awhile?? Plus, no one knows where she is at or if she is even alive? I have a feeling Ethan and Claire will be back soon though...

KCJake 01-12-2005 10:57 PM

The hottest chick on the show is now dead. :deevee:

KCJake 01-12-2005 11:00 PM

She's BACK!

Chiefnj 01-12-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

They did go look for her, but after Jack got his butt kicked by Ethan I guess they gave up the search for awhile?? Plus, no one knows where she is at or if she is even alive? I have a feeling Ethan and Claire will be back soon though...

4 out of 40 people on the "island" went looking and Michael headed south. They let the whole story drop off the face of the earth other than having Mr. Driveshaft pout a bit last week.

Locke can find and do anything on the island he wishes. Why isn't Jack pestering him to find Claire? Like I said, they will spend an entire episode having Jack discover what's in a briefcase, but he won't go back in the jungle.

Another thing that bothered me is that Sayid found the line/wire coming out of the beach, but nobody (as a group) went back to see what it really was or to try to find the french lady again.

morphius 01-12-2005 11:03 PM

Wasn't Locke looking for her, but then they found the barried door thingy?

Deberg_1990 01-12-2005 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Wasn't Locke looking for her, but then they found the barried door thingy?

Yes

Baby Lee 01-13-2005 07:23 AM

OK, regarding the beast. Has it always been introduced with the sound of bird wings beating.

And I'm able to make out bits of; shofar, metallic creaking, and thunderous thumps assumed to be footsteps.

And right before Shannon is scooped up, we catch a glimpse of two trees being uprooted and thrown into the air.

Any other input?

Bob Dole 01-13-2005 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
OK, regarding the beast. Has it always been introduced with the sound of bird wings beating.

And I'm able to make out bits of; shofar, metallic creaking, and thunderous thumps assumed to be footsteps.

And right before Shannon is scooped up, we catch a glimpse of two trees being uprooted and thrown into the air.

Any other input?

It sounds just like the old Godzilla noises to Bob Dole.

Bob Dole went through the monster thing last night frame by frame and couldn't make out squat, except it came in from the left.

Baby Lee 01-13-2005 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole
It sounds just like the old Godzilla noises to Bob Dole.

Bob Dole went through the monster thing last night frame by frame and couldn't make out squat, except it came in from the left.

In the HD broadcast, you could clearly see a tree being uprooted and a column of earth crumbling back to the ground.

Fairplay 01-13-2005 07:45 AM

My guess on the creature would be.........

1. A reptile creature thought extinct but lives on the island. A dinosaur type creature.

2. An animal that is not-extinct. But perhaps scientifically altered somehow to live and adapt to that enviroment. As well as growing to enormous proportions. This reasoning comes from the polar bear event in an earlier episode. Also the others bears they showed when they were invadeing the camp the bears seemed very big. Whos to say those bears were actually only half grown? Thats the only theories i could think of. Remember the producers of the show said that all that is happening on it have an explaination for what is going on with the island.
I don't think its to outlandish. I think genetically altered experimentation of animals would be my guess.

Fairplay 01-13-2005 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
In the HD broadcast, you could clearly see a tree being uprooted and a column of earth crumbling back to the ground.

One thing Baby Lee, if this was a dream of sorts he had or he ate a bad mushroom, heh, then his dream could be how he perceives the creature.
Not necessarily what it might be like in reality.

Baby Lee 01-13-2005 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
One thing Baby Lee, if this was a dream of sorts he had or he ate a bad mushroom, heh, then his dream could be how he perceives the creature.
Not necessarily what it might be like in reality.

Oh I know, I'm just trying to deconstruct the audio and visual cues we've been given.

KCTitus 01-13-2005 08:34 AM

Im all for a good story, but the series is starting to assume it's moniker. Im not sure if that is by design, but it would be nice if every couple of episodes we're actually putting some pieces of the puzzle together...

Like Chiefnj said, there are things that have been introduced on the island and not followed up on and a missing person that no one seems to care about at this point. Then last night the whole 'dream' episode...

The show's gone from quite interesting to somewhat annoying. I guess I dont like a chaotic script that keeps jabbing at you with new things and no one really interested in finding any answers.

Bob Dole 01-13-2005 08:40 AM

Sawyer appearing in the Boone/Shannon flashback was unexpected.

Bob Dole wonders if there's a point to it.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-13-2005 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
My guess on the creature would be.........

1. A reptile creature thought extinct but lives on the island. A dinosaur type creature.

2. An animal that is not-extinct. But perhaps scientifically altered somehow to live and adapt to that enviroment. As well as growing to enormous proportions. This reasoning comes from the polar bear event in an earlier episode. Also the others bears they showed when they were invadeing the camp the bears seemed very big. Whos to say those bears were actually only half grown? Thats the only theories i could think of. Remember the producers of the show said that all that is happening on it have an explaination for what is going on with the island.
I don't think its to outlandish. I think genetically altered experimentation of animals would be my guess.

Interesting theories. It seems to make a lot of metallic crunching and screetching sounds.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-13-2005 08:43 AM

Quote:

Sawyer appearing in the Boone/Shannon flashback was unexpected.

Bob Dole wonders if there's a point to it.

I noticed Sawyer wasn't even in the show last night other than that scene...or if he was i missed it.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-13-2005 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Im all for a good story, but the series is starting to assume it's moniker. Im not sure if that is by design, but it would be nice if every couple of episodes we're actually putting some pieces of the puzzle together...

I agree.

Frazod 01-13-2005 08:52 AM

Quote:

I noticed Sawyer wasn't even in the show last night other than that scene...or if he was i missed it.

Apparently there was nothing of value for him to try to keep from one of the other cast members. That seems to be his only purpose on the show. :shake:

Chiefnj 01-13-2005 08:57 AM

Quote:

The show's gone from quite interesting to somewhat annoying. I guess I dont like a chaotic script that keeps jabbing at you with new things and no one really interested in finding any answers.

I was thinking the same thing last night. I wonder if the writers had a solid script for one season with some subplots not completely thought out. Then the show is a hit and and they say, wow this thing is going to be on for years - we have to dilute it a bit and stretch it out more than we originally thought.

"When we know our own strength, we shall the better know what to undertake with hopes of success; and when we have well surveyed the powers of our own minds, and made some estimate what we may expect from them, we shall not be inclined either to sit still, and not set our thoughts on work at all, in despair of knowing anything; nor on the other side, question everything, and disclaim all knowledge, because some things are not to be understood." John Locke - philosopher.

Bob Dole 01-13-2005 09:05 AM

The listing for next week's episode points out that "fathers seem to be pivitol in the backstories of several characters." Don't know whether that's a hint or just something to throw everyone off.

It also aludes to the episode title, "Special," referring to Walt having some special abilities. (Like the dice thing, him reading the comic with the polar bear right before the polar bear, this episode being primarily about Walt/Michael and the preview showing yet another polar bear...)

Kclee 01-13-2005 09:06 AM

So with that whole Boone ordeal not real, do you think anything else wasn't real? Locke seemed to know what would happen. Maybe he experimented before to get some sort of clue? Could explaine not looking for the pregnant girl?(kind of hard to make that work) Explaines the doctor 'seeing' his dad on the island. Sayid seeing the french lady? Hell, who knows.

Bearcat 01-13-2005 10:16 AM

Quote:

Like Chiefnj said, there are things that have been introduced on the island and not followed up on and a missing person that no one seems to care about at this point. Then last night the whole 'dream' episode...

Took the words right out of my mouth.... I've read all the stuff about wanting to be creative, and having a million ideas, but there's now so many questions and so few answers, I'm losing interest.

IMO, they really needed to move forward with Locke, the hatch, and/or Claire by now, but unfortunately I think they're going to stray away from all three again next week (that's what I gathered from the preview anyway). Assuming that, I'll probably give it a couple more weeks.... the previews introduced something else that they could drag on, too, so who knows if it'll go anywhere.

Bearcat 01-13-2005 10:19 AM

Quote:

Apparently there was nothing of value for him to try to keep from one of the other cast members. That seems to be his only purpose on the show. :shake:

That's getting really old.... saw the little argument that's supposed to be on next week, and was hoping they wouldn't waste time doing the "who has it?"/"Sawyer does!"/"Give it back!" :banghead:

ct 01-13-2005 10:45 AM

Has everyone forgotten/overlooked the fact this is a TV Series? If they give everything to you, the show is over. I love the show, but getting annoyed just like everyone else. Yet you've got to accept the fact they will not give the viewers anything until another storyline has been concocted to take it's place for drama/suspense purposes and series longevity.

And by the way...Kate, definitely Kate!!!

Deberg_1990 01-13-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

he showed up in Boone's flashback for a few seconds. He was being arrested at the same police station where Boone was filing his report about his sister being beaten.

Dartgod 01-13-2005 11:04 AM

Quote:

he showed up in Boone's flashback for a few seconds. He was being arrested at the same police station where Boone was filing his report about his sister being beaten.

I was trying to remember and couldn't. When they were doing Sawyers back story, was he arrested in it?

Deberg_1990 01-13-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

I was trying to remember and couldn't. When they were doing Sawyers back story, was he arrested in it?

Not that I remember. Plus, I dont remember any of Sawyers flashback taking place in Australia??

Bearcat 01-13-2005 11:40 AM

Quote:

Im guessing it was Locke who also knocked out Sayiid as well after that rocket launch a few episodes back??

I remember them saying "maybe it was someone that wants to stay on the island", and at the time, I thought of Locke... don't remember if it was anything specific that lead me to that conclusion though.

Quote:

Did you guys address the issue of the compass? Sorry, I'm the kid that showed up 5 minutes before class was over...

I really thought they were going somewhere with that (no pun intended). Sayid finds out the French woman's calculations were off by using the bad compass... or Sayid wanders through the woods in the wrong direction using the compass, and finds something Locke wanted him to find. Seemed like a good path, but I don't see how it can't be a dead end now.

Quote:

INCEST IS BEST!

[Not Another Teen Movie]

I don't care if we have the same mother,
Tonight, I'm going to fuck my own brother

[/NATM]

ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt
Has everyone forgotten/overlooked the fact this is a TV Series? If they give everything to you, the show is over. I love the show, but getting annoyed just like everyone else. Yet you've got to accept the fact they will not give the viewers anything until another storyline has been concocted to take it's place for drama/suspense purposes and series longevity.

And by the way...Kate, definitely Kate!!!

People today have very short attention spans. I'm just afraid that if they keep cutting us off and not answering any questions, I'm going to get distracted by something shiny and move on.

Bob Dole 01-13-2005 11:51 AM

Quote:

Which Bob Dole stated and prompted beer me's statement.

Do you even read the threads?

Deberg_1990 01-13-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Which Bob Dole stated and prompted beer me's statement.

Do you even read the threads?

Nope, never...

Fairplay 01-19-2005 06:55 PM

"Bump"

Fairplay 01-19-2005 07:07 PM

Locke can show Walt how to play mumbly peg next.

cheeeefs 01-19-2005 07:58 PM

this is a show I think best watched on DVD after it's out so you can "powerwatch" it and not have to wait week to week whilst being upset for sometimes wating 7 days to not get told very much of the main plot.

Mile High Mania 01-19-2005 08:23 PM

Claire looked hungover...

Dartgod 01-19-2005 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeeefs
this is a show I think best watched on DVD after it's out so you can "powerwatch" it and not have to wait week to week whilst being upset for sometimes wating 7 days to not get told very much of the main plot.

Or 14 days since they are apparently showing another f***ing re-run next week. :cuss:

KcMizzou 01-19-2005 08:26 PM

This is the first episode I've watched in a few weeks. Nice to see Sawyer's still hording things. Like Fraz said... that seems to be the only point to his character.

Also... that was some really, really, bad CGI on the bear.

I agree that the show's slipping. Hopefully it'll pick up again soon.

chiefs4me 01-19-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
This is the first episode I've watched in a few weeks. Nice to see Sawyer's still hording things. Like Fraz said... that seems to be the only point to his character.

Also... that was some really, really, bad CGI on the bear.

I agree that the show's slipping. Hopefully it'll pick up again soon.

I am still as interested in the show,,I think it's great.:thumb:

I wouldn't say that Sawyer hordes things,,he just always seems to be the one that finds them. Sawyer is HOT:p

I do agree with you on the bear though,,I mean what was that,,it was mainly just a white blob on my screen.:hmmm:

Frazod 01-19-2005 08:45 PM

Just got done watching it. This episode was certainly better than last week's.

So apparently Ethan's a babysnatcher. That's creepy.

And I'm glad they played down the Sawyer thing into just a couple of minutes. Enough with that shit already.

Can't believe they're doing a fucking rerun next week. Evil bastards. 4321

chiefs4me 01-19-2005 08:48 PM

Quote:

Claire looked hungover...

And if I had to choose,,I would say SHE did not look pregnant.

Chiefnj 01-19-2005 09:34 PM

Well, better than the past week or so, but what's up with the repeats? Does anyone know if they will air originals in two weeks??

Frazod 01-19-2005 09:36 PM

Quote:

Well, better than the past week or so, but what's up with the repeats? Does anyone know if they will air originals in two weeks??

God I hope so. These reruns are PISSING ME OFF! :cuss:

Deberg_1990 01-19-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Yes, of course they will. It will be all originals in Febuary as that is sweeps month. Probably why its a repeat next week because they save the best stuff for sweeps months.

KcMizzou 01-19-2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

Yes, of course they will. It will be all originals in Febuary as that is sweeps month. Probably why its a repeat next week because they save the best stuff for sweeps months.

Good point. If it's gonna get better again... that'll be the time.

ZootedGranny 01-19-2005 10:26 PM

Next new episode airs Feb 9th.

BigOlChiefsfan 01-19-2005 10:38 PM

While watching the polar bear act like your surly raiderfan tonite, it occurred to me that nobody has bothered to pick up a stick and whittle out a caveman spear. Seems like a useful plan to me. Not exactly hi tech, but a thing of beauty when you poke enough of 'em into your pesky polar bear that can't get at you thru the super-bamboo.

I can't wait to find out why it's freakin' polar bears annoying the survivors. Are they all lost on a giant Frenchie York Peppermint patty, or what?

KcMizzou 01-19-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan
While watching the polar bear act like your surly raiderfan tonite, it occurred to me that nobody has bothered to pick up a stick and whittle out a caveman spear. Seems like a useful plan to me. Not exactly hi tech, but a thing of beauty when you poke enough of 'em into your pesky polar bear that can't get at you thru the super-bamboo.

I can't wait to find out why it's freakin' polar bears annoying the survivors. Are they all lost on a giant Frenchie York Peppermint patty, or what?

Maybe it's kinda like a Twilight Zone episode I once saw.. where whatever the kid imagined.. became reality. I mean... the polar bear in the comic book... hell I dunno.

But I'm still curious, and I suppose that's the goal.

Frazod 01-19-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's kinda like a Twilight Zone episode I once saw.. where whatever the kid imagined.. became reality. I mean... the polar bear in the comic book... hell I dunno.

That makes a lot of sense.

siberian khatru 01-19-2005 11:17 PM

Quote:

And the bird that flew into the glass door -- as the kid was studying a book on birds ... :hmmm:

Alton deFlat 01-20-2005 08:43 AM

OK, something I have to wonder. What the hell is the damn dog eating, and still looking well fed? I know they're catching some fish, mostly caught by the Korean dude. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna give my portion to he dog. And when is someone (maybe Hurley) going to get hungry enough, to imagine Golden Retriever roasting over an open flame. Don't Koreans eat dog?? On second thought, probably not Hurley. He couldn't even stomach the sea urchin. I do love the show though. That episode was better than the last few.

Rausch 01-20-2005 08:51 AM

Quote:

That makes a lot of sense.

The way it appeared to me was that what ANYONE on the island wanted/craved/desired appeared. It's like one giant vision quest.

But the kid seemed to have a limited ability to do this before even crashing on the island, and it looks like that's enabling him to have even more of an ability to "make $3it happen" than the average stranded guy.

It looks like the Doc's dad is either alive after being dead, or just his body missing, but he's "seen" his dad. Same with the incest-love'n-pretty boy and his psycho-bidge sister. He saw what he wanted to see.

It's got a very "Sphere" atmosphere to it...

Bearcat 01-20-2005 10:21 AM

Wow... not even a full page of responses... guess we're losing interest :shrug:

I didn't think last night's episode was all that great, because it was just more of the same.....

Like the raft idea... is that just another idea that's going to disappear? Will they come back to Claire in the next new episode, or will it be two episodes away? Are they going to go explore for the black rock right away, or wait? Will they ever go anywhere with the hatch? I know they all seem to have their reasons for wanting to stay on the island, but these people are very unproductive.

The kid part was cool though.... the dead bird thing got me wondering if he was the one that made the plane crash.