ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245442)

Quesadilla Joe 11-08-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8091941)
I feel like if you can reload quicker than me, you're playing cheap. I feel like if you can get a killstreak with less kills than me, you're playing cheap. I feel like if you can ADS quicker than me, you're playing cheap.

Sarcasm?

How is using perks that emphasize gunplay cheap in an FPS?

Pants 11-08-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8091958)
Sarcasm?

How is using perks that emphasize gunplay cheap in an FPS?

It's not cheap, just like it's not cheap to use any other perk. You give some advantages up for others, you make hard choices and then use your configuration to defeat others. The whole reason COD became such a hit is because it evolved beyond simple gunplay only mechanics and introduced more depth.

Sounds to me that in your world, you'd rather everyone used Slight of Hand. Might as well just make everyone reload and aim faster and take the other perks out of the game. It honestly doesn't sound like COD is the game for you, man.

TrickyNicky 11-08-2011 12:34 PM

Playing with your hands is cheap. I play with my feet to level the playing field.

Pants 11-08-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 8091983)
Playing with your hands is cheap. I play with my feet to level the playing field.

I play with my sound off on a black and white 13" TV. I also use my feet. I laugh at the noobs who use hands.

Kraus 11-08-2011 12:40 PM

Regular Controllers? Naw... I play with my Scene It! controller - Only noobs use the default controller.

http://mktplassets.xbox.com/NR/rdonl...rollers001.jpg

Mr. Plow 11-08-2011 12:54 PM

Awesome turnaround in this thread. LMAO

Wa-Z 11-08-2011 01:10 PM

So..how is it? Re-hash of MW2?

Sofa King 11-08-2011 01:11 PM

Played some over noon. Pretty awesome game so far. Played only the Kill Confirmed games so far. Pain in the ass getting all those tags picked up. Gonna be pretty fun playing that.

I don't care for the killstreaks so far.

Also, i noticed that assault rifles and the sub machine guns have been able to shoot across the map very very accurately. so that's good and bad.

Only died from 1 ****ing n00b tube, so that's good. Did get a helicopter i stole from a care package and it got blown up in about 2 seconds. No shit. 2 damn seconds.

Secondary weapons. Having a machine pistol for secondary is nice. It's no longer a complete disadvantage if you run outta bullets with your main weapon.

Maps are pretty good. Lotta ways to get around behind people, and not alot of campers so far. Mostly run and gun and it's very fast paced.

These are some of the things i noticed.

Bambi 11-08-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8091944)
Flashbangs?

Maybe you should find another game series to play.

the whole point of COd is the flashbangs /obv

-King- 11-08-2011 01:48 PM

About to pick mine up in about an hr. Can't wait.

Sofa King 11-08-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8092247)
About to pick mine up in about an hr. Can't wait.

Ps3 or xbox?

Johnny Vegas 11-08-2011 02:19 PM

I got it. I'm raping terrorists left n right. 1.44 on K/D been slayin it in free for all.

lcarus 11-08-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wa-Z (Post 8092100)
So..how is it? Re-hash of MW2?

Yep

WV 11-08-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8092104)
Only died from 1 ****ing n00b tube, so that's good.

Once I get this I plan on hunting you relentlessly with n00b tubes.

Sofa King 11-08-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8092404)
Once I get this I plan on hunting you relentlessly with n00b tubes.

I will snipe you with my shotgun.

EDIT: In real life. You n00b tubing son of a bitch.

Setsuna 11-08-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8092104)
Played some over noon. Pretty awesome game so far. Played only the Kill Confirmed games so far. Pain in the ass getting all those tags picked up. Gonna be pretty fun playing that.

I don't care for the killstreaks so far.

Also, i noticed that assault rifles and the sub machine guns have been able to shoot across the map very very accurately. so that's good and bad.

Only died from 1 ****ing n00b tube, so that's good. Did get a helicopter i stole from a care package and it got blown up in about 2 seconds. No shit. 2 damn seconds.

Secondary weapons. Having a machine pistol for secondary is nice. It's no longer a complete disadvantage if you run outta bullets with your main weapon.

Maps are pretty good. Lotta ways to get around behind people, and not alot of campers so far. Mostly run and gun and it's very fast paced.

These are some of the things i noticed.

No campers because no one knows the maps yet, that'll change within a week.

Skyy God 11-08-2011 06:29 PM

Kill confirmed is kick ass.

Mr. Plow 11-08-2011 06:38 PM

Played the first mission on campaign - seemed pretty good. I'll get more into this weekend probably.

Played some of the Spec Ops. My son & I played the survival mode which was pretty awesome.

Haven't touched MP yet, I'm sure I'll get into it a bit tonight.

Quesadilla Joe 11-08-2011 07:13 PM

This. Game. Kicks. Ass.

Not many people have Assassin right now and even if they did they are stupid to use it. The Quick Draw and Sleight of Hand is the best combo in the game so far, I wouldn't want to give up Assassin for Quick Draw. Plus the maps are smaller so you really are a dumbass if you use Assassin on most maps. A close range gunfight between an Assassin user and a Quick Draw user will be won by the guy with Quick Draw most times.

The Heartbeat Sensor is kinda gay though.

Quesadilla Joe 11-08-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8092965)
No campers because no one knows the maps yet, that'll change within a week.

Normally people camp harder on maps they are unfamiliar with. Fallen is really the only map I have ran into campers on, people love camping on top of those two rooftops and in one of those rooms right below one of the popular rooftops.... A grenade on top of the roof will get anybody camping up there and with Stalker Pro you can walk right over their Claymores/Betties and shoot them in the back.

I'm loving this game right now.

Iowanian 11-08-2011 07:29 PM

I'll probably be shooting some of you bitches in the face in an hour.

Nightfyre 11-08-2011 07:55 PM

I am totally digging this game.

Valiant 11-08-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8093122)
Normally people camp harder on maps they are unfamiliar with. Fallen is really the only map I have ran into campers on, people love camping on top of those two rooftops and in one of those rooms right below one of the popular rooftops.... A grenade on top of the roof will get anybody camping up there and with Stalker Pro you can walk right over their Claymores/Betties and shoot them in the back.

I'm loving this game right now.

Noob.. Grenades are soo cheap..

Seriously.. So far this game is closer to BO then MW2... Maps are tiny.. TINY..

They literally built the game to people that whined like a certain person..

Small, fast maps and run and gun to succeed..

Oh and have a great connection.. Getting smoked right now.. Lighting a guy up and die.. Watch his kill cam and no shots out of me because I was already dead.. Damn TW cable..

Dunit35 11-08-2011 08:59 PM

I play with the video off and go by sound only.

Oh and I play using hulk hands.

crazycoffey 11-08-2011 09:15 PM

My wife surprised me with this game, I just started, only one promotion so far. It's different, I joined slumlord, (Iowanian, I think) and was just getting smoked.

crazycoffey 11-08-2011 09:17 PM

who else is playing, should we get a group together?

Buck 11-08-2011 09:26 PM

This is the first time that I've said I wasn't going to buy COD and then didn't end up buying it on release day.

I literally couldn't care less about this series anymore. It peaked with COD4 and had a nice little comeback with MW2, but now it's old.

RustShack 11-08-2011 09:29 PM

Everyone one I've talked to is trying to tell me not to buy this game.. thats why I didn't buy it right after work today.. But he did say its just the same thing as the other games in which I said, so its awesome then?

Pants 11-08-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8093419)
This is the first time that I've said I wasn't going to buy COD and then didn't end up buying it on release day.

I literally couldn't care less about this series anymore. It peaked with COD4 and had a nice little comeback with MW2, but now it's old.

Yeah, I got talked into getting Black Ops. I don't think that's going to happen this time around.

Valiant 11-08-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8093426)
Everyone one I've talked to is trying to tell me not to buy this game.. thats why I didn't buy it right after work today.. But he did say its just the same thing as the other games in which I said, so its awesome then?

Meh.. To me it is more black ops then MW2..

lcarus 11-08-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8093447)
Meh.. To me it is more black ops then MW2..

I was playing it at a friend's house today. It's pretty identical to MW2 and Black Ops, which are pretty identical in their own right. They don't have to do anything with these sequels. Why change a formula that sells like hotcakes? New maps, a couple new guns and killstreaks/perks...profit. It's not much different than Madden. Just like Madden though...I'm already tired of it. Oh well. I got Arkham City to finish conquering.

Valiant 11-08-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8093458)
I was playing it at a friend's house today. It's pretty identical to MW2 and Black Ops, which are pretty identical in their own right. They don't have to do anything with these sequels. Why change a formula that sells like hotcakes? New maps, a couple new guns and killstreaks/perks...profit. It's not much different than Madden. Just like Madden though...I'm already tired of it. Oh well. I got Arkham City to finish conquering.

The hell.. Maps are tiny compared to either one of the predecessors.. You can get to almost any point on the map within 10 seconds, which makes it worse, even though it worked to my favor a few times, you can camp the spawn points..

-King- 11-08-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8093458)

Question: What are the differences from BFBC2 to BF3?

lcarus 11-08-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8093588)

I don't know, I haven't played em.

Buck 11-08-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

The maps are like 4 times the size. Other than that, I'm not sure. I didn't play BFBC2 enough.

I think I actually enjoyed BFBC2 more though.

Pants 11-08-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

I already answered this question when you asked it the first time.

lcarus 11-09-2011 12:05 AM

My friend has literally been playing this game since midnight release. That's 24 hours straight. Im sure he's stopped to eat, but he hasn't slept, and he has probably prestiged already. He's taking 2 days off work to play it. I just don't get it.

Buck 11-09-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8093828)
My friend has literally been playing this game since midnight release. That's 24 hours straight. Im sure he's stopped to eat, but he hasn't slept, and he has probably prestiged already. He's taking 2 days off work to play it. I just don't get it.

Has he pooped?

Need details.

lcarus 11-09-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8093830)
Has he pooped?

Need details.

Highly doubtful. They should make a perk called bathroom break.

Raiderhater 11-09-2011 01:28 AM

I've hit a technical problem. Weather its technically the game or technically me I'm not sure. In campaign mode, scorched earth mission you are supposed to paint targets for an a-10 strike. It tells you to pull the rt trigger to accomplish this. I pull it and nothing happens. Ive tried quick clicks to just holding it and still nothing. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Quesadilla Joe 11-09-2011 02:06 AM

Just played this 7 hours straight. As the night went on I started seeing more and more people camping with heartbeat sensors but Assassin isn't too big of a problem yet.

This game is very SMG friendly, even though the SMG's suck absolute balls at any kind of range ESPECIALLY if you use a suppressor on it.

kepp 11-09-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8093281)
Seriously.. So far this game is closer to BO then MW2...

Oh and have a great connection.. Getting smoked right now.. Lighting a guy up and die.. Watch his kill cam and no shots out of me because I was already dead.. Damn TW cable..

I've had a few of those WTF killcams like from BO. To me, it's pretty much right in the middle of BO and MW2 as far as hit detection/lag. The movement/gameplay is definitely not as crisp as MW2. I like the game so far though. They completely nerfed the grenade launchers, which is good. MW2 was my favorite COD, and at least for now, still is.

My favorite setup so far is:
CM901 with kick proficiency and silencer
Sleight of hand pro
Quickdraw pro
Stalker pro

Mr. Plow 11-09-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8093992)
Just played this 7 hours straight. As the night went on I started seeing more and more people camping with heartbeat sensors but Assassin isn't too big of a problem yet.

This game is very SMG friendly, even though the SMG's suck absolute balls at any kind of range ESPECIALLY if you use a suppressor on it.

Blind Eye is the one I'll be using. Don't need those helicopters seeing me. Don't care so much about being on the radar.

Also, it's awesome that I don't even have to unlock the Pro version of it for it to work for what I need.

Sofa King 11-09-2011 08:37 AM

Well. Cranked out about 4 hours last night with my roommate on the same screen.

Things i noticed.

1. The maps are so ****ing tiny. Way too tiny. And there's 9 billion ways around anyone if they stop running for even a second. You stop, you're dead in the back. You literally have to work with your team or they are spawning all around you.

2. I will venture to say i've been shot in the back more than the side or the front. I am constantly getting shot in the back, and it takes like 1 bullet to kill you.

3. Predator Missiles. Every ****ing time one is luanched it comes after me. It will avoid groups of 5 guys and hit me clear on the edge of the map. Son of a bitch. Even my roommate was like "wtf, i haven't been hit yet and i bet you've been hit 12 times."

4. The shotguns ****ing suck ass.I can't get close enough to use the ****ers because i'm either showing up on UAV, getting shot in the back, or they turn for no reason and mow me over.

5. The kill streaks are kinda dumb. And they are very hard to get, at least for me right now. AC 130 coming back is pretty sweet though. And that little remote control machine gun device is pretty sweet. But the vests are reeruned.

6. no ballistic knives. I really liked ballistic knives. Guess that's a black ops thing...

Some good things.

1. The sniper rifles are no longer useless like they were in BO. And there is really no quikscoping which i found reeruned. On kill confirmed a couple snipers in the right spots can literally own the area. Few maps to use them effectively though. Need a claymore to watch my back.

2. Reloads with sleight of hand are awesome. quickdraw is pretty sweet but i'm pretty sure everyone is using it. It will get better once people can afford to try other shit.

3. n00b tubing a at a minimum. Only been killed by about 10 or so.

4 MOSH PIT IS BACK. I loved mosh pit in MW2 until they for no ****ing reason took it away. I quit playing MW2 when they did that, and other than a few games recently, i never went back. But it's back now and i'm all for it. Love switching from game to game not knowing what i'll be playing.

5. Assassin is rarely used. Thats a good thing. Although I'll be building a class that can keep me off the ****ing radar so i can get some good streaks going.

6. Shotguns are a primary. This is a good thing i think. I'll figure out how to use them eventually, and not every jackass will be using them. Who knows if they're needed though due to the fact that if a bullet even grazes your shirt you're dead.

7. juggernaut is ridiculous. I stood behind one and unloaded 2 clips into him at point blank and couldn't kill him. CAN you kill them? He had a ****ing riot shield and his team followed him around and just hammered us.

Sofa King 11-09-2011 08:38 AM

Oh, and helicopters absolutely crush people and rack up huge kills, unless I get one, then it's shot down immediately.

And getting 1/2 kill for each assist is pretty ****ing awesome. I usually get a shitload of assists because i launch frags and flashbangs into the battles even if i'm not in them. Helps with my killstreaks.

Sofa King 11-09-2011 08:40 AM

I saw crazy coffey in a couple of my games last night. I'm pretty sure i never saw him get above level 2 LMAO

And i tried getting in with knowmo, kepp, and a couple others but i haven't met up yet.

my k/d sucks so far. Was at 1.4 something over noon hour yesterday then when i played split screen all night it went down to like 1.12... not good. but i just can't help flying into the battles like John Rambo, which results in some awesome series, but also gets me killed alot.

DMAC 11-09-2011 08:44 AM

Juggernaut takes a rocket in the throat...dont you read the loading screen?

kepp 11-09-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8094183)
I saw crazy coffey in a couple of my games last night. I'm pretty sure i never saw him get above level 2 LMAO

And i tried getting in with knowmo, kepp, and a couple others but i haven't met up yet.

my k/d sucks so far. Was at 1.4 something over noon hour yesterday then when i played split screen all night it went down to like 1.12... not good. but i just can't help flying into the battles like John Rambo, which results in some awesome series, but also gets me killed alot.

My k/d was at about 1.2, but then dipped to under 1.0 before I quit last night. That was after some beer though.

I'm really liking kill confirmed, although it gets frustrating running toward some tags and getting killed at the last second.

WV 11-09-2011 08:52 AM

Reading your guys reviews is making me rethink getting this. Not liking the closer to BOps than MW2 thing at all.

kepp 11-09-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8094210)
Reading your guys reviews is making me rethink getting this. Not liking the closer to BOps than MW2 thing at all.

Don't get me wrong...it's definitely NOT BOps. It's better. But, IMO, it's not quite MW2 either. Maybe my opinion will change after I learn the maps really well and they make some tweaks.

SuperChief 11-09-2011 08:55 AM

Played a bunch yesteday, as well. The game continues to be fun. Getting acquainted with the maps has become essential so I can stop using UAV (which is necessary at this stage, me thinks). Anyway, I'm around level 40 now with a K/D over 1.5 - hopefully I can hook up with some of you on here so we can murder some ****ers together and represent the CP.

In other words, hit me up on XBL, people - gamertag is Suddenly Toast.

Iowanian 11-09-2011 08:55 AM

I don't care what "they" say.

Maybe it's that I've not played many of these games for comparison, maybe I'm not a gamer-snob whatever.....

I played a couple of hours last night and enjoyed it very much. It's fast paced, the graphics are good, I like most of the maps so far too. It's taking a little getting used to but so far I really like confirm kill.

I play a game because I enjoy it, not because some coffee house mac user version of a gamer says I should only play on PC.

It was fun and I like it, better than battlefield.

My KD sucks right now because I'm running around like a wildman shooting bitches in the face but honey badger don't care.

kepp 11-09-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 8094194)

Maybe that explains one of my "black ops moments" I had. I unloaded into someone and he just kept on running.

Iowanian 11-09-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8093426)

Do you like dragons?

Buy this game and find out.

Valiant 11-09-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8094175)
Well. Cranked out about 4 hours last night with my roommate on the same screen.

Things i noticed.

1. The maps are so ****ing tiny. Way too tiny. And there's 9 billion ways around anyone if they stop running for even a second. You stop, you're dead in the back. You literally have to work with your team or they are spawning all around you.

2. I will venture to say i've been shot in the back more than the side or the front. I am constantly getting shot in the back, and it takes like 1 bullet to kill you.

3. Predator Missiles. Every ****ing time one is luanched it comes after me. It will avoid groups of 5 guys and hit me clear on the edge of the map. Son of a bitch. Even my roommate was like "wtf, i haven't been hit yet and i bet you've been hit 12 times."

4. The shotguns ****ing suck ass.I can't get close enough to use the ****ers because i'm either showing up on UAV, getting shot in the back, or they turn for no reason and mow me over.

5. The kill streaks are kinda dumb. And they are very hard to get, at least for me right now. AC 130 coming back is pretty sweet though. And that little remote control machine gun device is pretty sweet. But the vests are reeruned.

6. no ballistic knives. I really liked ballistic knives. Guess that's a black ops thing...

Some good things.

1. The sniper rifles are no longer useless like they were in BO. And there is really no quikscoping which i found reeruned. On kill confirmed a couple snipers in the right spots can literally own the area. Few maps to use them effectively though. Need a claymore to watch my back.

2. Reloads with sleight of hand are awesome. quickdraw is pretty sweet but i'm pretty sure everyone is using it. It will get better once people can afford to try other shit.

3. n00b tubing a at a minimum. Only been killed by about 10 or so.

4 MOSH PIT IS BACK. I loved mosh pit in MW2 until they for no ****ing reason took it away. I quit playing MW2 when they did that, and other than a few games recently, i never went back. But it's back now and i'm all for it. Love switching from game to game not knowing what i'll be playing.

5. Assassin is rarely used. Thats a good thing. Although I'll be building a class that can keep me off the ****ing radar so i can get some good streaks going.

6. Shotguns are a primary. This is a good thing i think. I'll figure out how to use them eventually, and not every jackass will be using them. Who knows if they're needed though due to the fact that if a bullet even grazes your shirt you're dead.

7. juggernaut is ridiculous. I stood behind one and unloaded 2 clips into him at point blank and couldn't kill him. CAN you kill them? He had a ****ing riot shield and his team followed him around and just hammered us.

Yeah, I think every map is almost rust size to me. It is a damn shame that every map is almost the same. Mw2 and bo at least varied feel and size. Hopefully these new maps when they come out change it up.

I only use shotguns for the dogtag maps.. I think that is my favorite game. And what pisses me off. They have these boxes and crates everywhere and you cannot climb on them. At least in mw2 you could jump on shit.

WV 11-09-2011 09:03 AM

I may need to rent a copy first or something, but my biggest issue from what I'm reading is the map size and the game style that results from that. I liked the couple of tiny maps from MW2 like the ship and the one with all the crates (dont remember the names), but I'm not sure i want a game that is all small maps with that game style all the time. Correct me if I'm wrong at all.

Mr. Plow 11-09-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Eh, it's essentially MW2 tweaked a bit. They made the maps pretty small so that people don't have to actually look for other players. I can't think of one map that was really decent sized.

It's a fun game for what it is. Mindlessly killing other people. Kill confirmed is fun. The Spec Ops are a more fun version of zombies.

Mr. Plow 11-09-2011 09:07 AM

The one thing I learned pretty quick last night was to stay with your team. If you look up at the mini map and your team is nowhere near you, you are in the middle of the other teams spawn and you are about to get ****ed up. You don't have to be running along side them, but stay fairly close.

SuperChief 11-09-2011 09:20 AM

I don't think the majority of the maps are that small. Granted, there are more smaller ones than in previous MW titles, but to say that you can run from one end of every map to the other in 10 seconds is a little absurd.

There are also a variety of maps that are smaller in size, but have many different obstacles that make it seem bigger (i.e. you have to go around a lot of different things in order to get to certain places).

Mr. Plow 11-09-2011 09:26 AM

Here are the maps:

http://www.themodernwarfare3.com/mw3/multiplayer-maps/

Sofa King 11-09-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 8094194)

No. I figured i was missing something when i shot 98237598762347896 bullets into him and couldn't kill him.

Sofa King 11-09-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8094235)
Yeah, I think every map is almost rust size to me. It is a damn shame that every map is almost the same. Mw2 and bo at least varied feel and size. Hopefully these new maps when they come out change it up.

I only use shotguns for the dogtag maps.. I think that is my favorite game. And what pisses me off. They have these boxes and crates everywhere and you cannot climb on them. At least in mw2 you could jump on shit.

No shit. I've tried climbing on a bunch of shit but i can't ****ing do it!

Mr. Plow 11-09-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8094235)
And what pisses me off. They have these boxes and crates everywhere and you cannot climb on them. At least in mw2 you could jump on shit.

Oh yeah, that's aggravating. I think it stems from me playing BF3, but I kept running up to shit trying to jump on it, or jump over it and.....nothing.

Sofa King 11-09-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8094249)
The one thing I learned pretty quick last night was to stay with your team. If you look up at the mini map and your team is nowhere near you, you are in the middle of the other teams spawn and you are about to get ****ed up. You don't have to be running along side them, but stay fairly close.

This. I can't tell you how many times i turn a corner and come face to face with 4 guys. That's awesome in TDM when you can get 2-3 of them but in kill confirmed you're like ****! i wish i was playing TDM LMAO

Nightfyre 11-09-2011 09:48 AM

I absolutely dig this game. It is so fast paced. If you flank appropriately, you can kill some guys and then duck out before getting killed yourself. If you do die, you typically don't have to run for 45 seconds to get back in the fight. Ground war is ABSOLUTELY my favorite game mode right now, especially kill confirmed.

There was one map, however, where my team was literally pinned on a domination objective (I entered the game midway through) and there was literally no way to flank as all three potential chokepoints were covered with like 3 enemies. So that game was frustrating. The game is so intense I feel like I have to take a break every couple hours lol

Quesadilla Joe 11-09-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

This game has much better hit detection than BO and the guns kill so much faster in MW3. It is nothing like BO IMO. This is the fastest paced COD I have played. I swear that they increased the running speed in this game, it's like everybody has built in lightweight.

Valiant 11-09-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 8094282)
I don't think the majority of the maps are that small. Granted, there are more smaller ones than in previous MW titles, but to say that you can run from one end of every map to the other in 10 seconds is a little absurd.

There are also a variety of maps that are smaller in size, but have many different obstacles that make it seem bigger (i.e. you have to go around a lot of different things in order to get to certain places).

Don't listen to your wife when she says its not that small.. its ****ing tiny..

Seriously go count 10mississippi on domination while running to the opponents flag. There are like 5 routes to every flag, if you are getting held up at an obstacle, you are doing it wrong. Hell even the maps on the link show how small they are.

There is no variables on them. All small.

Sofa King 11-09-2011 09:57 AM

And why the **** is every single map a god damn urban map?

Only 1 snow map, no outdoors maps with mostly trees etc...

i get sick of ****ing urban maps. gimme some change in scenery please!

Mr. Plow 11-09-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8094385)
And why the **** is every single map a god damn urban map?

Only 1 snow map, no outdoors maps with mostly trees etc...

i get sick of ****ing urban maps. gimme some change in scenery please!

Admittedly, I haven't played long, but there doesn't appear to be a sniper map on this one. Sure, you can use snipers, but why would you?

SuperChief 11-09-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8094362)
I absolutely dig this game. It is so fast paced. If you flank appropriately, you can kill some guys and then duck out before getting killed yourself. If you do die, you typically don't have to run for 45 seconds to get back in the fight. Ground war is ABSOLUTELY my favorite game mode right now, especially kill confirmed.

There was one map, however, where my team was literally pinned on a domination objective (I entered the game midway through) and there was literally no way to flank as all three potential chokepoints were covered with like 3 enemies. So that game was frustrating. The game is so intense I feel like I have to take a break every couple hours lol

Dude . . . go outside and play.

Quesadilla Joe 11-09-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8094175)

I got one last night and got 5-10 kills with it before the game ended. And never once was I concerned that I was going to die. Those things are ****ing tanks.

Sofa King 11-09-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8094395)
Admittedly, I haven't played long, but there doesn't appear to be a sniper map on this one. Sure, you can use snipers, but why would you?

You can use it on 2 maps i've found. Very efficiently. But other than that, why would you is right.....

Nightfyre 11-09-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 8094397)
Dude . . . go outside and play.

Yea, in re-reading that statement it makes it sound like I was playing for eight hours straight or something. That is not the case. I played for a couple hours and then took a break for a couple hours to read the new Michael Holley book, then went and played for about a half hour before responsibily (sigh... I hate growing up) going to bed.

Quesadilla Joe 11-09-2011 10:28 AM

So are you guys running with the Support Package or the Assault?

I started out using the Support Package but now I think Assault is the only way to go for TDM. It seems like I get two or three times as many killstreaks called in using Assault with a 3-5-7 setup than I would have if I used a 4-5-12 Support setup.

Sofa King 11-09-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8094472)
So are you guys running with the Support Package or the Assault?

I started out using the Support Package but now I think Assault is the only way to go for TDM. It seems like I get two or three times as many killstreaks called in using Assault with a 3-5-7 setup than I would have if I used a 4-5-12 Support setup.

Assault.

Why would i want to support those assholes on my team. Half the time it's some stupid ****er on my team doing something ****ing stupid that gets me killed.

but seriously, assault.

Bump 11-09-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8094395)

why wouldn't you? they are even easier than in MW2 to use. Love it!

Mr. Plow 11-09-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8094489)
why wouldn't you? they are even easier than in MW2 to use. Love it!

I'm sure they are, but like I said, I don't see a map big enough really to snipe on. The only snipers I saw last night were going 10-10, or 10-15.

Bump 11-09-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8094498)
I'm sure they are, but like I said, I don't see a map big enough really to snipe on. The only snipers I saw last night were going 10-10, or 10-15.

ya, there aren't really any "sniping maps" but I can snipe very effectively on any map. Even in core, they are 1 shot kills and absolutely zero recoil. I'm surprised they made it this easy, honestly. The shotty's also have mad range too. They basically took everything that people would consider nooby from MW2 and made it even more nooby. Now if only I can find what this games best glitch is going to be!

Sofa King 11-09-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8094510)
ya, there aren't really any "sniping maps" but I can snipe very effectively on any map. Even in core, they are 1 shot kills and absolutely zero recoil. I'm surprised they made it this easy, honestly. The shotty's also have mad range too. They basically took everything that people would consider nooby from MW2 and made it even more nooby. Now if only I can find what this games best glitch is going to be!

Uh. The range is not nearly as good for shottys. The range for a Spas in MW2 was ****ing ridiculous. You could one shot people from a mile away.

Not true in MW3. I've blasted people in the chest at half the distance and they lived.

And the "n00by" shotguns in MW2 were the akimbo rangers. Not the pump spas.

SuperChief 11-09-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8094529)
Uh. The range is not nearly as good for shottys. The range for a Spas in MW2 was ****ing ridiculous. You could one shot people from a mile away.

Not true in MW3. I've blasted people in the chest at half the distance and they lived.

And the "n00by" shotguns in MW2 were the akimbo rangers. Not the pump spas.

****ing Christ - nothing worse than n00b campers sitting behind a wall, staring at the doorway with akimbo ****ing rangers or models. **** that pisses me off.