ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

Sorter 02-04-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9378088)
Youz a mean little sorter.

I made a 23 yd comp on a smash concept with DMC, who caught in in coverage being drilled by Barron and Barber. ROFL.

I seriously laughed my ass off. The little midget out jumped Barron for the ball, got drilled, and didn't drop it. The guy I was playing started screaming through my TV.

I wanted to say "Uh...then the midgets" but I have no mike. LMAO

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9378243)
I made a 23 yd comp on a smash concept with DMC, who caught in in coverage being drilled by Barron and Barber. ROFL.

I seriously laughed my ass off. The little midget out jumped Barron for the ball, got drilled, and didn't drop it. The guy I was playing started screaming through my TV.

I wanted to say "Uh...then the midgets" but I have no mike. LMAO

It's obvious to me you were cheating then, or you were playing an EA game. Oh ya that's probably it.

Sorter 02-04-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9378381)
It's obvious to me you were cheating then, or you were playing an EA game. Oh ya that's probably it.

I almost felt bad.

Then I remembered he is still on our roster.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9378437)
I almost felt bad.

Then I remembered he is still on our roster.

Shades of mighty mouse, it's possible the fine folks at EA think he still roams our secondary.

Rugby Thompson 02-05-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9378074)
Lol, I just raped somebody running the pistol with Stanzi. He had 85 rushing yards in the 3rd before the guy quit. ROFL.

360 or ps3? Play me if you have PS3

just saying though, it's easy to rape in Madden 13. Get NCAA 13 and you'll see how much more of a challenge it is and the realism.

Sorter 02-05-2013 11:57 AM

360 sorry.

Additionally, I have no idea how the online franchise works.

lcarus 02-22-2013 10:20 AM

Anyone playing franchise mode (or whatever it's called now), try your hardest to get the #1 pick for the 2015 draft. There's a black QB named Stacey Knight and he's an absolute beast. He has a 95 in speed on top of great throwing attributes.

ThaVirus 02-22-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9425086)
Anyone playing franchise mode (or whatever it's called now), try your hardest to get the #1 pick for the 2015 draft. There's a black QB named Stacey Knight and he's an absolute beast. He has a 95 in speed on top of great throwing attributes.

I don't think its the same for everyone.

When I first got the game, I simmed through the first season (anything is better than playing with Matt Cassel). Drafted some dude name Andrew Carvel with the 1st round pick in the 13 draft. He had pretty good throwing attributes, but was slow as shit (like, 51 speed or something).

So the next year a prospect comes out named Pooh Carlson. Dude has even better throwing attributes than Carvel, plus 86 speed or somewhere near there. So I packaged Carvel (who's overall I had just raised several points in the previous season/post season) and one of our stars (Eric Winston, I think LMAO) to get him.

I don't remember seeing anyone named Stacey Knight and I'm 4 seasons in, but maybe I'm wrong.

bowener 02-22-2013 02:02 PM

Thought names and images were randomized now so people couldn't memorize which players to draft.

lcarus 03-08-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9425869)
Thought names and images were randomized now so people couldn't memorize which players to draft.

Well I know the players are their attributes are the same. I just think it's random as to WHEN those particular players show up. I've read online about this particular player and other gamers seemed to have him at the same stats that I do. Either way...when he shows up, try to get him if you need a QB.

Also, it really irritates me that they don't have NCAA importable draft classes this year. I mean...they've had that for a while now. Why take it out at this point? It was an awesome feature. Especially since NCAA is awesome this year and I was actually gonna play a dynasty and then use my draft classes for Madden. Stupid. And where the F is the Gary Glitter song after TDs? They had that last couple of years too and now it's gone. Seems like they remove more shit than they add every year, and what they remove is sometimes better than the bullshit they add.

Imon Yourside 03-09-2013 01:46 PM

I hope the Chiefs sign Stacey Knight, dude sounds incredible...I'm scouring the college ranks looking for him.... ;)

Hootie 03-09-2013 02:09 PM

well I've pretty much mastered this game online...

13 game win streak...literally can't lose

my defense is too good...and I play the best Russell Wilson probably ever

ThaVirus 03-10-2013 06:16 PM

I love playing this game when you get matched with someone that plays the game the way it should be played. You know, nice, "sporting" individuals..

But ****, I'm ****ing tired of the people that play this shit. 90% of the games I play, the other guy doesn't use more than 5 or 6 offensive plays the entire game. If I can win against them, its cool; but some people have obviously mastered exploiting some of the game's worst flaws. I hate giving them the satisfaction of the W with their cheating ass ways.

I usually get on the mic, even when I'm winning, and bitch at them. There's no ****ing way the game can be fun the way these douchebags play. Its like camping in Call of Duty..

lcarus 03-11-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9483703)
I love playing this game when you get matched with someone that plays the game the way it should be played. You know, nice, "sporting" individuals..

But ****, I'm ****ing tired of the people that play this shit. 90% of the games I play, the other guy doesn't use more than 5 or 6 offensive plays the entire game. If I can win against them, its cool; but some people have obviously mastered exploiting some of the game's worst flaws. I hate giving them the satisfaction of the W with their cheating ass ways.

I usually get on the mic, even when I'm winning, and bitch at them. There's no ****ing way the game can be fun the way these douchebags play. Its like camping in Call of Duty..

I gave up playing online years ago for that very reason.

Dayze 03-11-2013 11:46 AM

but they have green stickers on their helmets!!!

Aspengc8 03-11-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Why should they run more than 5 or 6 plays if you cant stop it? I probably run around 10 different plays to test your defense and I will keep running them until you make changes.

Aspengc8 03-11-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9480131)
well I've pretty much mastered this game online...

13 game win streak...literally can't lose

my defense is too good...and I play the best Russell Wilson probably ever

You on Xbox or PS3?

The Franchise 03-11-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9485211)
Why should they run more than 5 or 6 plays if you cant stop it? I probably run around 10 different plays to test your defense and I will keep running them until you make changes.

:doh!:

ThaVirus 03-11-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9485211)

Uhh, because its cheap and can't possibly be fun.

I'm not talking about "money" plays here; I'm talking about cheap ass glitch-type plays. These people find an obvious cheap ass tactic and exploit it to no end. After a lot of practice, some of those ****ers get REALLY good at it.

Its ****ing lame.

lcarus 03-11-2013 12:44 PM

I like how my DBs drop 10 interceptions a game that are thrown directly to them, but their LBs can make Superman behind the back one handed interceptions all day lol. All Madden of course. I understand they make DBs drop interceptions often so there isn't like 15 picks per game, but maybe they should make the AI QBs NOT throw 15 passes directly to my defender every game if they want realism.

Hootie 03-11-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

I probably have the best defense you'd ever see...

and on offense...in this year's game, I play gameflow...usually pass (because I can audible to a run if need be)...

that doesn't mean I don't line up for an onside kick every time because it's the right strategy since FG's aren't going to win against me...

I guarantee people who play me on this board would call me a 'cheeser' because I run a lot of hurry up and I use onside kicks and two point conversions...

but I have an unstoppable defense...and when people play that 'cheesing' man defense I tear them apart with Russel Wilson...

this year the super backers and super DB's...even when you have a step on them (unless it's a fade) will pick you off...I've learned to stay away from those plays...I make the right read 9 times out of 10...

I'm going to be playing all night tonight on xbox if anyone wants to get raped. Be prepared for me to get like 2 Earl Thomas user picks per game and anally rape you with Russell Wilson.

Hootie 03-11-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9485367)
I like how my DBs drop 10 interceptions a game that are thrown directly to them, but their LBs can make Superman behind the back one handed interceptions all day lol. All Madden of course. I understand they make DBs drop interceptions often so there isn't like 15 picks per game, but maybe they should make the AI QBs NOT throw 15 passes directly to my defender every game if they want realism.

here's the key

if someone presses the corners, they are toast

my first read is the WR...if he's pressed I can tell if it's man to man or cover 2 (or cover 4) as soon as I snap the ball based on how the DB reacts...

if it's cover 2 I have an automatic 30 yard reception to that wideout who is running a hot route fly...

if it's man...I can usually hit my TE on a slant...or if I don't think that's going to be open, or if it is super backer territory...I watch the DL and look for the first hole to run with using Wilson since both of my outside receivers are running fly routes

if it's cover 4 I usually have a drag route that can at least get me 5-7 yards as a security blanket...

if my OL breaks down I just take a designed sack (lol) rather than forcing it into super backer territory

it's pretty unstoppable...

here is a hint to anyone that plays me

don't ever use cover 2

Aspengc8 03-11-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9485459)
here's the key

if someone presses the corners, they are toast

my first read is the WR...if he's pressed I can tell if it's man to man or cover 2 (or cover 4) as soon as I snap the ball based on how the DB reacts...

if it's cover 2 I have an automatic 30 yard reception to that wideout who is running a hot route fly...

if it's man...I can usually hit my TE on a slant...or if I don't think that's going to be open, or if it is super backer territory...I watch the DL and look for the first hole to run with using Wilson since both of my outside receivers are running fly routes

if it's cover 4 I usually have a drag route that can at least get me 5-7 yards as a security blanket...

if my OL breaks down I just take a designed sack (lol) rather than forcing it into super backer territory

it's pretty unstoppable...

here is a hint to anyone that plays me

don't ever use cover 2

XBL or PS3? I'm ready for that QB wrap glitch crap.

ThaVirus 03-11-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9485640)

Some kid just beat me with the Browns using that horseshit.

****!

Hootie 03-11-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9485640)

What's a QB wrap glitch? I'm on xbox

Sorter 03-11-2013 02:59 PM

Ricky Stanzi dominates out of the pistol.

Also, that Kaepernick guy is pretty good at it too.

Hootie 03-11-2013 03:05 PM

I don't run QB wrap but defensively I can user stop anything because I'm an adult and play with a safety...

I instantly lmao at anyone who uses a DL...I know they are a n00b from the get go...

True Madden studs play with their safety...I patrol the entire field with Eric Berry or Earl Thomas.

I stop the run and probably average 1.5 legit (control player from snap) user picks per game and that's down from last year because they've made control on defense 10 times harder

Hootie 03-11-2013 03:06 PM

Everyone plays with the 49ers....I've never lost to the niners because n00bs use cheater teams and they always suck with Kaepernick

Sorter 03-11-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9485906)
Everyone plays with the 49ers....I've never lost to the niners because n00bs use cheater teams and they always suck with Kaepernick

That team is so loaded it's ****ing unfair to use.

That being said, when people constantly play as NE sometimes I feel like unleashing Kaep on them.

"WTF, how do you do the option in this game?!!!" LMAO

I will say, my favorite play yet in Madden was R Wilson breaking a 60 yard rushing TD off of a power play. So much awesome.

Hootie 03-11-2013 03:57 PM

I love when people pick the 49ers...I can beat them with the Chiefs but the QB play on my cover 2 routes make me not want to use the Chiefs...because it takes a precise through and when Quinn or Cassel **** it up it takes my RIGHT read and turns it into a pick. That's frustrating. But I rape lives with Charles and Berry.

Playing with the Seahawks I'm undefeated. It would take quite the effort to beat me.

Sorter 03-11-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9486116)
I love when people pick the 49ers...I can beat them with the Chiefs but the QB play on my cover 2 routes make me not want to use the Chiefs...because it takes a precise through and when Quinn or Cassel **** it up it takes my RIGHT read and turns it into a pick. That's frustrating. But I rape lives with Charles and Berry.

Playing with the Seahawks I'm undefeated. It would take quite the effort to beat me.

Use Stanzi.

Can still beat c2 with the outside release 9.

Also, Cyrus is a beast.

lcarus 03-11-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9486116)

Yeah playing with the 72 rated Chiefs is hard. I swear they were better when the game came out, before the roster updates. Still, the defense is pretty good and Charles is amazing.

ThaVirus 03-11-2013 04:47 PM

How many skill points do you studs have?

I'm up over 860 now but tend to hover around 850.

Aspengc8 03-11-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9486159)
Use Stanzi.

Can still beat c2 with the outside release 9.

Also, Cyrus is a beast.

I started using stanzi a while back when you first suggested it. His release is so much quicker than cassel/quinn.

Mav 03-11-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9485899)
I don't run QB wrap but defensively I can user stop anything because I'm an adult and play with a safety...

I instantly lmao at anyone who uses a DL...I know they are a n00b from the get go...

True Madden studs play with their safety...I patrol the entire field with Eric Berry or Earl Thomas.

I stop the run and probably average 1.5 legit (control player from snap) user picks per game and that's down from last year because they've made control on defense 10 times harder

this is the first year i didnt buy madden, but when even up until 12, i would control a corner most of the time. Using a safety is uber easy.......

ThaVirus 03-11-2013 07:22 PM

I user control the FS 90% of the time. Like Hootie, I probably average close to 2 user INTs a game. The other 10%, though, ill generally switch between the MLB (if they run the ball a lot) or a CB (if I know for a fact they're going to throw to a certain receiver).

Hootie 03-11-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9486707)
this is the first year i didnt buy madden, but when even up until 12, i would control a corner most of the time. Using a safety is uber easy.......

I'm not talking about easy or tough...

I'm saying online...since the inception of playing online...the only people I take seriously are people who user control a safety...that way you can PERSONALLY shut down the middle of the field...and the middle of the field is how you win games in Madden.

using a MLB is acceptable as well but it isn't as handy as using a safety and playing a hybrid backer/DB with him...

any time I see a guy controlling his DL I know I'm in for an easy win

Hootie 03-11-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9486283)
How many skill points do you studs have?

I'm up over 860 now but tend to hover around 850.

I'd like to play you. Right now I'm using my roommates account and we jacked it up when we were using a different internet and it was at 6-12 overall...

I was bored playing teammate Madden the other day (offline, we play 4 guys together on the same team and it is so much fun) and decided I was going to take online seriously and see what I could do...

I've rattled off 13 straight with the Seahawks and haven't really even tried because I use gameflow on offense which is ****ing stupid...

I've gotten back to having a shut down defense and the last 13 games I think I've finished 2 of them because I'll get up by 3+ scores and the other guy will quit.

Mav 03-11-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9487114)
I'm not talking about easy or tough...

I'm saying online...since the inception of playing online...the only people I take seriously are people who user control a safety...that way you can PERSONALLY shut down the middle of the field...and the middle of the field is how you win games in Madden.

using a MLB is acceptable as well but it isn't as handy as using a safety and playing a hybrid backer/DB with him...

any time I see a guy controlling his DL I know I'm in for an easy win

oh, i completely agree. completely. i usually played in leagues. dont really like the idea of a 7 year old screaming at me telling me to kiss his ass lol.

rabblerouser 03-12-2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9485366)
Uhh, because its cheap and can't possibly be fun.

I'm not talking about "money" plays here; I'm talking about cheap ass glitch-type plays. These people find an obvious cheap ass tactic and exploit it to no end. After a lot of practice, some of those ****ers get REALLY good at it.

Its ****ing lame.

you sound like Gunther, bitching about the Bears offense after his first game as coach on Opening Day '99.

Aspengc8 03-12-2013 06:38 AM

usering the safety is risky with all the unbumpables routes this year, especially with how effective out routes and comebacks are vs man. I user the MLB since DJ is reeruned quick.

Throw me an invite if anyone wants to play. XBox GT is Diry Trillo (with the space between). Skill points around mid 900's with a 210-120ish record (chiefs only)

Hootie 03-12-2013 09:08 AM

I'll be on tonight...no doubt. I'll get a game going with someone via this thread once I'm ready to play.

Hootie 03-12-2013 07:42 PM

Who's game for xbox?

ThaVirus 03-12-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9487695)
you sound like Gunther, bitching about the Bears offense after his first game as coach on Opening Day '99.

I don't give a shit. Have you ever played this game? Have you ever played it against a glitching pansy? It's ****ing gay and takes all the fun out of it- even when I win. There is nothing fun about playing an entire game and seeing the same 3 plays for 45 minutes.

Usually I'll get on the mic and start bitching at the guy if he doesn't switch up his plays, but for the most part, they just keep trying it hoping to get lucky. I remember one time though, I started a game and I could hear the kid talking through my speakers. He must have been talking to his friend or something. He was like "I'm gonna get up by 3 TDs and he's gonna quit".

The game started, he got the ball first and lined up in a 2 WR, 2 TE, singleback formation. He was using the Patriots so I already knew he was going to either 1) throw the inside seam to Gronkowski on the right side 2) throw the inside seam to Hernandez on the left side 3) throw the seam to Gronkowski on his outside shoulder or 4) throw the seam to Hernandez on his outside shoulder. So I user'd Earl Thomas as usual and jumped the inside seam. Of course, the idiot tries to sneak it in there and I pick it off the very first play of the game. I could hear him through the speakers again, he was like: "WTF, man!".

So I score a TD off the INT and he gets the ball back. What do you know, he lines up in the same ****ing formation. I knew he was going to try it again but figured he'd probably go to Gronk this time. Sure enough he did and I baited him into throwing yet another INT to Earl Thomas. At that point I heard him say: "Aww, man, this guy's good". LMAO

So I jump on the mic and I'm like "Dude, pick a different ****ing play, man. Why are you doing that? There's no possible way it can be fun". He's like "Bro, I've been doing this all night and no one could stop it". -____- This little ****er had probably been racking up wins for the past couple hours using the same.****ing.play.every.damn.time. It's ****ing gay!

Anyway, I ended up being like 3 or 4 scores ahead of him in the 2nd quarter so I was like "dude, just try another play, who knows what will happen". So this idiot tries a ****ing hail Mary for no apparent reason and I picked that off too. He was like "**** this shit; I'm out" and quit..

That kid wasn't too good at it but, like I said, some people are REALLY good at it. They'll put a super-fast wideout at TE (I've seen Torrey Smith, Percy Harvin and Greg Jennings in this position quite a lot) and run that play all the time. With how fast the receivers are and the fact that they have the option of throwing to the inside or outside shoulder, it makes it very tough to guard those types of plays, while also having to worry about the other 3 or 4 receivers they have running routes on that particular play. Occasionally I have issues with the QB wrap and read option but I haven't seen that much lately.

At any rate, the shit is just annoying to me and it equates to camping in Call of Duty, which is also an extremely ****ing gay activity. Of course, you can do it if you like. There's nothing in the rule book against it, but it seriously affects the enjoyment of other players.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9487745)
usering the safety is risky with all the unbumpables routes this year, especially with how effective out routes and comebacks are vs man. I user the MLB since DJ is reeruned quick.

Throw me an invite if anyone wants to play. XBox GT is Diry Trillo (with the space between). Skill points around mid 900's with a 210-120ish record (chiefs only)

Yeah, like I said earlier, I user the safety a vast majority of the time, but against certain teams and/or play styles (particularly speedy receivers and people that like to test you deep from time to time) I find its best to use the MLB.

I'm impressed by your record with the Chiefs, by the way. I think I'm right around .500 with them at this point. They were much better when the game first came out because Cassel was serviceable with an 80 overall. Now we just have three steaming piles of shit behind center and it makes it tough for me to win (my passing attack is admittedly a bit shaky). Flowers, DJ, Hali, Houston, Berry and Charles are ****ing MONSTERS though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9487122)
I'd like to play you. Right now I'm using my roommates account and we jacked it up when we were using a different internet and it was at 6-12 overall...

I was bored playing teammate Madden the other day (offline, we play 4 guys together on the same team and it is so much fun) and decided I was going to take online seriously and see what I could do...

I've rattled off 13 straight with the Seahawks and haven't really even tried because I use gameflow on offense which is ****ing stupid...

I've gotten back to having a shut down defense and the last 13 games I think I've finished 2 of them because I'll get up by 3+ scores and the other guy will quit.

I'll play you and Aspengc at some point in the future. The way you make it sound, I probably won't put up much of a fight against either of you but it would be fun to play anyway. I do most of my playing on Sundays and Mondays.

Aspengc8 03-13-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9491617)

I'll play you and Aspengc at some point in the future. The way you make it sound, I probably won't put up much of a fight against either of you but it would be fun to play anyway. I do most of my playing on Sundays and Mondays.

Throw me a FR on XBL. I play legit, ie punt on 4th down unless i'm down a lot or inside the 40. My passing game actually improved when I switched to stanzi, his release is so much quicker than the other 2 schmucks. I'd probably have more wins if I didn't leave so much. My DNF is high, around 28%, since I leave if someone FG block glitches, onside glitches or runs nothing but QB wrap. Read option I dont mind but the D-line glitches out on wrap and EA has never addressed it.

I had a dude last night onside glitch recover, the next play he kicks a field goal, then it has me KICKING OFF TO HIM. Hopefully EA gets rid of this crap as well as that "throw your receiver open" garbage.

Mother****erJones 03-13-2013 08:13 AM

Madden 13 sucks balls this year. I traded it in because it isnt even fun especially playing bullshit cheating kids online who purposely lag your ass so you **** up.

Dayze 03-13-2013 11:03 AM

I've never played online sports; sounds like it was a wise choice.

Dayze 03-13-2013 11:27 AM

Side note on NCAA 2013 (but still EA related); mutliple reasons why My Player sucks balls.

I've played full careers for multiple positions. a few things.

CB - the WR you're covering will always run go routes. taking you out of the play. Running plays never come towards you.
OLB - running plays never come towards you
RB - LBs can outrun you coming from the opposite part of the field in a chase position
QB - you can pass all day, every day.
TE - what the **** is a TE? ...apparently not a position in this game.

overall suckage. Defense, only tackles and turnovers count for your points. You get no points for doing what you're supposed to in the play (as in NBA 2K my player). Last night, just to get some tackles, I put my CB in the box and left my WR uncovered. Made a tackle on the run up the middle and got 60 points for a tackle lmao.

carry on.

Hootie 03-13-2013 12:17 PM

I had a meltdown yesterday...

played a GREAT opponent...he was really good with Aaron Rodgers...he made the right throw almost every single time.

We couldn't stop one another...I was down 38-43...Zach Miller went down and he was one of those guys that played strict man to take advantage of the 13 glitch where if your player has a step on a guy the AI will jump every pass no matter what and pick it...meaning man to man is the best coverage to play...

but it also allowed me to have 180 rushing yards with Russell Wilson...if it's wide open every play I'm going to take it...

anyways I'm down 38-43 and know I can't give him the ball back...Zach Miller went down so I put Sidney Rice at TE (I had to)...

I get it 1st and Goal at the 2 with 8 seconds left...

I roll out, I probably could run it in to score but Marshawn Lynch is WIDE OPEN...

so I pass it to him...and the game ****ing glitches and he catches the ball...no one anywhere close...and he doesn't run (like on screen passes sometimes)...by the time he finally ****ing runs he gets tackled at the 1 and the time expires and I lose...

first loss in 15 games...

I was so ****ing mad.

I was so ****ing mad that the guy played a perfect Rodgers, too. Honestly he was probably better than me but I still should have stolen a victory...that Lynch glitch pissed me the **** off. That would have never happened in real life.

lcarus 03-13-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9493319)
I had a meltdown yesterday...

played a GREAT opponent...he was really good with Aaron Rodgers...he made the right throw almost every single time.

We couldn't stop one another...I was down 38-43...Zach Miller went down and he was one of those guys that played strict man to take advantage of the 13 glitch where if your player has a step on a guy the AI will jump every pass no matter what and pick it...meaning man to man is the best coverage to play...

but it also allowed me to have 180 rushing yards with Russell Wilson...if it's wide open every play I'm going to take it...

anyways I'm down 38-43 and know I can't give him the ball back...Zach Miller went down so I put Sidney Rice at TE (I had to)...

I get it 1st and Goal at the 2 with 8 seconds left...

I roll out, I probably could run it in to score but Marshawn Lynch is WIDE OPEN...

so I pass it to him...and the game ****ing glitches and he catches the ball...no one anywhere close...and he doesn't run (like on screen passes sometimes)...by the time he finally ****ing runs he gets tackled at the 1 and the time expires and I lose...

first loss in 15 games...

I was so ****ing mad.

I was so ****ing mad that the guy played a perfect Rodgers, too. Honestly he was probably better than me but I still should have stolen a victory...that Lynch glitch pissed me the **** off. That would have never happened in real life.

Doesn't it piss you off how your dude won't start running after catching a screen? Or sometimes he'll even start running the wrong way lol. I found you gotta hit them as they break towards the sideline if you can. I also hate how you can almost never break a tackle without immediately getting tackled by another player. The break tackle animations take too long. The only way a broken tackle is really good is if there's nobody else around for 15 yards it seems.

Aspengc8 03-14-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9493319)

what type of route where you throwing? I play 100% man defense because zone does not react correctly. If you play someone who manually adjusts and shades his individual coverages to your routes (ie shade out if your throwing the 5,7 or deep comeback route), you will be picked no matter if your WR has a step. Thats because your telling the DB to get to his outside hip once he passes you.

I know the AI can be ghey at times, wouldn't call it a glitch.

Send me a XBL request with a note your from CP. I get too many messages from pissed of kids that couldn't stop Stanzi :)

dse2010 03-25-2013 02:09 PM

I do a lot of Madden and NCAA Football tips on my Youtube channel. Here's a pretty cool play from the New Orleans playbook that is very good against man or zone defense. Let me know what you think or leave a comment! If you like what you see, please subscribe!

tiny.cc/ctoiuw

channel name is themaddenlab

Dayze 03-25-2013 03:49 PM

another tude of NCAA Road to Glory. You can get a great rush on the QB as a DE; or contain a run, etc. but yet, the only thing that matters is tackles. which is awesome. especially since you're tripled teamed every pass play and 90% of the run plays are away from you.

sweet.

The Franchise 03-25-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9528911)
another tude of NCAA Road to Glory. You can get a great rush on the QB as a DE; or contain a run, etc. but yet, the only thing that matters is tackles. which is awesome. especially since you're tripled teamed every pass play and 90% of the run plays are away from you.

sweet.

Yeah....that shit is broken. The only positions that it pays to be is QB or WR. As a WR....all you have to do is run go routes and call for the ball. As long as you're fast....you'll be catching 20-22 TDs in a season.

Dayze 03-25-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9528915)
Yeah....that shit is broken. The only positions that it pays to be is QB or WR. As a WR....all you have to do is run go routes and call for the ball. As long as you're fast....you'll be catching 20-22 TDs in a season.

100% correct.

love the my player mode in NBA 2k. at least you get points for what you're supposed to do.
shit game. i really need to get back into NBA 2k. took about a month off.

dse2010 03-27-2013 04:45 PM

I always do a my player but by the time the second season rolls around I get bored.

ThaVirus 03-27-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dse2010 (Post 9533769)
I always do a my player but by the time the second season rolls around I get bored.

This is how I get with franchise mode in Madden. I think the longest I've ever gone was 3 seasons and I'm currently on my 3rd season in this 2013 edition. It just gets boring playing the computer for so long. They don't show you anything new and they can be real idiots sometimes. As of late I've been playing on All-Madden with the sliders nearly maxed out and still win games pretty handily.

I wish there were a way to bring your franchise online for pick-up games. THAT would be fun as shit.

ThatRaceCardGuy 03-27-2013 08:39 PM

Is there a Chiefs planet league for M13 ? If anyone wants to play a game hit me up some time albundynurmouth is my PS3 gamer tag

Sorter 04-29-2013 03:39 PM

Ricky Stanzi just raped the Raiders.

Also, Charles had a 80 yd TD off a jab play on the first play of the game. ROFL

Quesadilla Joe 05-18-2013 11:18 PM

http://kotaku.com/madden-special-edi...n-wi-508524868

Quote:

Madden Special Edition Includes 'Sunday Ticket'—Even Without DirecTV

Yesterday, EA Sports announced a $100 "Anniversary Edition" for Madden NFL 25 that will include a code offering buyers access to DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket—the channel that lets you watch any team outside of your local market—even if they aren't subscribers to the satellite TV service.

There's been a bit of confusion as to what all this means. Yes, DirecTV is doing the deal because it hopes football fans might ditch their cable provider and sign up with them. But even if you live in an area with DirecTV access, and choose not to subscribe, you may still use the code to watch Sunday Ticket games on your computer, tablet or other mobile device. You don't have to subscribe to DirectTV.

That comes from Anthony Stevenson, Madden's director of marketing, clearing up some confusion from the official announcement yesterday. "With this offer you don't need to be a directv subscriber," he said today via Twitter. "You can access Sunday Ticket digitally."

Of course, you can't watch Sunday Ticket on a TV (unless you rig it up as your PC or mobile's display, I suppose) so DirecTV wants you to so fall in love with the Red Zone channel, and not being shackled to the Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars or a Parade of Homes infomercial if your team is blacked out, that you're willing to slap a dish on the side of your house. That's up to you.

The "anniversary edition" is $40 more than the regular one, of course, but speaking as someone who's gone without any kind of TV service other than Netflix and MLB.tv for the past year, that's decent value. Only a "limited number" of these editions will be sold so, obviously, it's a big preorder come on.

The official news release said simply that the "unique code" included in the box was "for fans unable to receive DirecTV service." The other bullet points implied those that did have access to DirectTV would have to sign up to take advantage of the code. "Offers like this are complex and have to be written a certain way," Stevenson explained later. "Believe me, I wish it was easier too."

Yesterday, Stevenson also fielded questions from ESPN about the notorious exclusive license EA Sports has to make NFL video games. “We’re not able to comment on negotiations, but the NFL continues to be an amazing partner for us," he said. "Our relationship is stronger than it has ever been, I’ll say that, but I can’t comment on contracts or rights.” That sounds like a renewal is imminent to me, not that the NFL really has much of an option at this point.

Also, regarding the unusual name for this year's edition—Madden NFL 25, which refers to the 25th anniversary edition of the game, not the year 2025. "“Just because we’re Madden NFL 25 this year doesn’t mean that we have to be Madden NFL 26 next year or even Madden NFL 15," he said. More ammo for the theory that EA Sports will shift its flagship titles to a downloadable subscription model—obviating the need for annual releases or titles that describe them—once the next console generation arrives.

bowener 05-18-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9691488)

That is probably going to help sales (not that they need it unfortunately).

Bump 05-18-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9691488)

very interesting.

my contract is just about up with Direct TV. Was going to cancel and just go without cable TV, I don't really need it and would prefer to have the extra $70 per month.

For $100, that's cheaper than paying for the Sunday Ticket with a subscription.

If this happens, I will most definitely cancel DTV and buy the $100 madden. Play that for a day till I realize how bad it sucks this year and trade it in for something else.

I was just gonna try and watch streams of KC games this year anyways.

I'm gonna look into that for sure.

Mother****erJones 05-20-2013 09:08 AM

Cool. Will get this and save money on Sunday Ticket.

Mother****erJones 05-20-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8647997)
Due to the Madden 12 thread, I'd thought i'd post what the news is about this years edition.

-There will be no more picks from defenders looking over the shoulder or having the ball come over head. Defense must face the ball.
- Super jump abilities for LBs/DBs has been taken away
-Receiver icons will light up for pass plays when they would expect the ball on certain routes. Doesn't mean they're open, but when they would expect the ball coming out of breaks.
-There are new accuracy tweaks. They want you to throw into windows instead of waiting for the receiver gets open (almost impossible on 12)
- New throwing motions, and specific drop backs for all qbs (3,5,7 step drops)
-QBs do PA faster so you don't get raped by defenses constantly.

All I've heard so far really, but it seems that this game should play better. However, that is what is said every year. Until Madden gets a true competitor imo (2ksports) they will continue to put out a shitty product.

Nothing more frustrating then getting Super Man Picked by a LB who isn't jumping 5 feet in the ****ing air to knock down passes.

Mother****erJones 05-20-2013 09:15 AM

There's so many issues with madden I could write a ****ing book.

The Franchise 05-20-2013 09:20 AM

Everyone saying that they're going to get this and get rid of DirectTV.

Quote:

The "anniversary edition" is $40 more than the regular one, of course, but speaking as someone who's gone without any kind of TV service other than Netflix and MLB.tv for the past year, that's decent value. Only a "limited number" of these editions will be sold so, obviously, it's a big preorder come on.

The official news release said simply that the "unique code" included in the box was "for fans unable to receive DirecTV service." The other bullet points implied those that did have access to DirectTV would have to sign up to take advantage of the code. "Offers like this are complex and have to be written a certain way," Stevenson explained later. "Believe me, I wish it was easier too."
1. Limited number of copies available. That means you better get your preorder in the day that it's available.

2. If you have access to DirectTV.....you have to be signed up to use this code. I'm sure there will probably be a way around it.....but just an FYI.

Quesadilla Joe 05-20-2013 09:34 AM

You can preorder the anniversary edition on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-Ann...ersary+edition

Quote:

Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

The Franchise 05-20-2013 10:22 AM

Yep.....knew it. If you're able to receive DirecTV service.....you aren't getting it for $100. You're just getting a discount.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-20-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9693938)
You can preorder the anniversary edition on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-Ann...ersary+edition

Welching bitch

Mav 05-20-2013 03:15 PM

I have had NFL Sunday ticket for the last three years for free. If anyone wants to know how, just PM me.....

Bump 05-20-2013 03:29 PM

well nevermind that then. I just will cancel DTV and not buy Madden. HAHA **** YOU CORPORATE

Dayze 05-20-2013 05:42 PM

Or they could fix the game and not need to resort to reeruned shit like this.

Bump 05-20-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9695296)
Or they could fix the game and not need to resort to reeruned shit like this.

its like Budweiser changing the shape of the can as their new strategy rather than making better beer.

Thig Lyfe 05-20-2013 11:04 PM

I started a Madden 25 thread, dipshits

Bump 05-20-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9696595)
I started a Madden 25 thread, dipshits

no1curr

Dayze 05-21-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9696557)
its like Budweiser changing the shape of the can as their new strategy rather than making better beer.

LMAO
This is 100% true. I completely forgot about that crap Budweiser was doing.

Bump 05-21-2013 12:07 PM

welp DTV offered Sunday ticket for free with an upgrade to genie but I would have to sign another 2 year contract.

2 months left on my contract, paying the $40 cancellation fee and getting rid of them. I told them if they give me the Sunday ticket for free without having to sign another agreement I would stay but they didn't want to do that so screw them.

Thig Lyfe 05-21-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9696611)
no1curr

i will punch ur dick off

Bump 05-21-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9699415)
i will punch ur dick off

I don't think that da ladies would appreciate that

AussieChiefsFan 05-22-2013 02:55 AM

Should we make a new thread for Madden 25?