ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Time again for a new phone (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274532)

Mojo Rising 11-19-2014 05:50 PM

I just received the OTA. It seems pretty snappy/smooth so far. I had to find a new Gallery app as the new one requires Google+ to be active.

I used to use SMS8 until a couple of months ago when they started running ads. I switched to Hangouts and was using it to see if it would be better with Lollipop. I still don't like it and will donate $3 to SMS8 for the add free version.

Can you change the hotbuttons on the lockscreen? Touchwiz allowed this on my SG3. I would rather have texting be a hotbutton than the phone.

Do I still need Notifyme with the new notifications? What about Lighton for LED notifications?

I read that the powersaving won't be evident until the apps are updated so that they can take advantage of the new powersaving protocols in Lollipop.

Anyong Bluth 11-19-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11125147)
After using it for a week or so, I'd say the most noteworthy changes are:
  • Design. I'll mention it since it's the most discussed feature. Apps are all being designed with a consistent set of guidelines for how they look and feel, how animations look, etc. It's all meant to feel very tactical. This is probably underappreciated by the average consumer, but makes a big difference in how easy it is to pick up a new app and figure out what to do.
  • Notifications on the lock screen. You can see and dismiss notifications without having to open your phone and swipe down the top bar to see what they are. You can interact with them just like you can under the top pulldown. This one is REALLY handy.
  • Trusted devices and locations. You can set it so that your PIN (or whatever) isn't required when you're (for example) connected to bluetooth in your car or at home/work.
  • Guest account. If you are gonna give someone your tablet to play with for a while, but don't want them messing up your settings, viewing your bookmarks, etc., you can switch them to a guest account. I don't have much of a need for this, but I can see it as being useful to let someone look stuff up on your tablet or something like that.
  • Pinning apps. Similar purpose to the above, you can "pin" an open app so that it can't be closed without entering your PIN (or whatever). If I had a kid who liked playing Angry Birds, this would be a godsend.
  • Quiet hours. They don't call it this (they call it interruptions), but you can set certain hours of the day when only certain sounds can get through. Honestly, this one is confusing and I hope they improve it, but it serves a function for not wanting to get sounds at night. (Again, this has been around through third-parties for a while now.)
Aside from those, there are a ton of minor things scattered throughout that you didn't have before. It gives you predictions on how much time you have left on your battery and how much time it will be until you're charged. It's got a redesigned "recent apps" menu that goes back forever (even after reboot). As I mentioned above, it has a battery saver mode that kicks in when you're low. You can use your phone as a flashlight under the drop down menu in quick settings (another third-party feature).

Android OS versions aren't usually completely crazy revisions - they've built so much stuff into apps instead of the OS these days that changes to those are pretty incremental. But Lollipop has a lot of new features that are pretty handy, and I think the look and feel of it is great.

All that is available already except a more complete use of material design.

DaFace 11-19-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 11126619)
This isn't new, I have it on my G3 running 4.4.2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 11127092)
All that is available already except a more complete use of material design.

Not in stock. Google basically lets the other manufacturers test stuff out. When it gets to be good enough, they integrate it into stock so that everyone has it no matter what manufacturer.

MTG#10 11-20-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11127192)
Not in stock. Google basically lets the other manufacturers test stuff out. When it gets to be good enough, they integrate it into stock so that everyone has it no matter what manufacturer.

My G3 is stock 4.4.2, never been rooted and I have the guest account option.

DaFace 11-20-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 11128117)
My G3 is stock 4.4.2, never been rooted and I have the guest account option.

That's not stock - that's LG's version. Stock Android is only available on Nexus devices. Everyone else builds theirs on top of that, adding other features they think will differentiate them from the competition.

MTG#10 11-20-2014 11:58 AM

Oh. Gotcha.

KevB 08-05-2015 02:52 PM

I'm up for a new phone this Saturday, coming from an HTC One M7. It's been a solid phone, but the battery is garbage now so I'm looking forward to moving on. Phone before the M7 was a Note 2, which I loved. I'm looking to get back to the Note line, and the 5 is going to be announced next week.

That said, most everything I'm hearing about the 5 is bad news. All glass, no removable storage/battery, etc. I'm sure it will be in the $300 range. However, I can get the Note 4, with removable storage/battery for $100. I'm heavily leaning toward the Note 4 (which I can also get immediately), but wondering if people have had positive experiences with it and if it has held up. I'm not a phone gamer --- I'm focused on productivity/media usage and strong battery.

BigBeauford 08-05-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 11640159)
I'm up for a new phone this Saturday, coming from an HTC One M7. It's been a solid phone, but the battery is garbage now so I'm looking forward to moving on. Phone before the M7 was a Note 2, which I loved. I'm looking to get back to the Note line, and the 5 is going to be announced next week.

That said, most everything I'm hearing about the 5 is bad news. All glass, no removable storage/battery, etc. I'm sure it will be in the $300 range. However, I can get the Note 4, with removable storage/battery for $100. I'm heavily leaning toward the Note 4 (which I can also get immediately), but wondering if people have had positive experiences with it and if it has held up. I'm not a phone gamer --- I'm focused on productivity/media usage and strong battery.

iPhone guy here, but it sounds like you should check into the ,Moto ,g style coming out this September.

KevB 08-05-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 11640163)
iPhone guy here, but it sounds like you should check into the ,Moto ,g style coming out this September.

I'm limited in my options --- only choices really are Samsung or Apple. Don't like what I'm hearing on the S6 battery (plus I want the big screen) and I don't want an iPhone. So, down to Note 4 or Note 5.

kcxiv 08-05-2015 02:59 PM

Still love my G3 after what 6 months now!

The Franchise 08-05-2015 03:01 PM

The Note 4 is alright but the latest updates have killed this things speed.

BigBeauford 08-05-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 11640167)
I'm limited in my options --- only choices really are Samsung or Apple. Don't like what I'm hearing on the S6 battery (plus I want the big screen) and I don't want an iPhone. So, down to Note 4 or Note 5.

Well if those are your two options, Apple is by far the better choice. There are better Android Platforms that don't slap bloat ware on them( like the Moto G Series)

BigMeatballDave 08-05-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 11640266)
Well if those are your two options, Apple is by far the better choice. There are better Android Platforms that don't slap bloat ware on them( like the Moto G Series)

Samsung does not put their own bloatware on. Depends on his carrier. Verizon isn't too bad about it, Sprint can DIAF.

BigMeatballDave 08-05-2015 03:59 PM

Oh, and **** Apple.

KevB 08-05-2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11640183)
The Note 4 is alright but the latest updates have killed this things speed.

They just released the Lollipop 5.1.1 update for the Note 4, and I've read a few good things on message boards. Is that the update you're referring to? Oh, and my carrier is Sprint and I'm not getting an iPhone. I prefer the Android experience for a number of reasons.

WilliamTheIrish 08-06-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 11640290)
They just released the Lollipop 5.1.1 update for the Note 4, and I've read a few good things on message boards. Is that the update you're referring to? Oh, and my carrier is Sprint and I'm not getting an iPhone. I prefer the Android experience for a number of reasons.

Yes, that update is to what he's referring. It ****ed my phone. It ****ed my wife's GS5 up too. Several months ago, after the update, I started getting popups on my phone. Then my wife's phone got the bad.

I deleted every app, reloaded them and in 24 hours had them again. SO we both went into Verizon and they told us its a security issue with the lollipop update. And that the patch to repair it will not be available until January.

Wife got a new S5 and seems to be okay.

I reset my phone that day. 40 days ago. Dumped everything. Reloaded only the apps I really need. Last week, the shit started again. Pissed me off. I'm going to have to get a new/refurb Note4.

If they have issues like this, I'm just going to go to apple in the future. Too bad, cause I really enjoyed the size and display on this phone.

The Franchise 08-06-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 11642870)
Yes, that update is to what he's referring. It ****ed my phone. It ****ed my wife's GS5 up too. Several months ago, after the update, I started getting popups on my phone. Then my wife's phone got the bad.

I deleted every app, reloaded them and in 24 hours had them again. SO we both went into Verizon and they told us its a security issue with the lollipop update. And that the patch to repair it will not be available until January.

I reset my phone that day. 40 days ago. Dumped everything. Reloaded only the apps I really need. Last week, the shit started again. Pissed me off. I'm going to have to get a new/refurb Note4.

If they have issues like this, I'm just going to go to apple in the future. Too bad, cause I really enjoyed the size and display on this phone.

I don't get popups.....but my phone is just SUPER ****ing slow. And apps crash all of the time now.

KevB 08-06-2015 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 11642870)

They apparently just released 5.1.1 for Sprint Note 4 and I'm reading glowing reviews on XDA forums. No more lag, improved battery, etc. They're convincing me to go with the Note 4.

Dartgod 11-17-2015 03:28 PM

Time to upgrade again. This time I'll likely be dumping Sprint for Verizon.

I'm looking for opinions on the carrier and phone options. Definitely going Android and looking at the Galaxy S6 or the LG G4. I'm not real keen on the idea of not being able to access the battery or add storage, so the S6 is lagging behind, IMO.

Any others I should look into?

BigMeatballDave 11-17-2015 03:39 PM

I want the new Blackberry Priv. Looks like an Android with a physical keyboardhttps://cdn1.recombu.com/media/mobil...29.png?2.133.0

DaFace 11-17-2015 04:22 PM

If you're getting a carrier discount, they won't be an option, but I'm a big fan of the two new Nexus phones (5X and 6P).

L.A. Chieffan 11-17-2015 06:42 PM

There's a new LG that just came out called the v10 that's very nice. I have the Samsung s6 edge plus which is the best phone I've ever had. All the newer Samsungs got rid of the removable battery and storage but it hasn't really affected me coming from a Note 4 really. The battery is very good and it has rapid charging

Dartgod 11-17-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11890851)
If you're getting a carrier discount, they won't be an option, but I'm a big fan of the two new Nexus phones (5X and 6P).

Is this the same thing?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/smart...oogle-nexus-6/

L.A. Chieffan 11-17-2015 07:16 PM

No, that's the older Nexus 6. 6p isn't out for Verizon yet, I don't think it will but you can buy it unlocked

DaFace 11-17-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 11891101)
No, that's the older Nexus 6. 6p isn't out for Verizon yet, I don't think it will but you can buy it unlocked

Yeah, completely different phone. Unless things change, you won't be able to buy the 6P or 5X from Verizon directly, though you can buy from Google and activate it with Verizon.

kepp 11-18-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11891113)
Yeah, completely different phone. Unless things change, you won't be able to buy the 6P or 5X from Verizon directly, though you can buy from Google and activate it with Verizon.

Check with them first though. I have a Nexus 5 and it won't work with Verizon.

DaFace 11-18-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11891764)
Check with them first though. I have a Nexus 5 and it won't work with Verizon.

The new Nexus phones work with all U. S. carriers. The old ones were (mostly) carrier specific.

Buehler445 11-18-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11890780)
I want the new Blackberry Priv. Looks like an Android with a physical keyboardhttps://cdn1.recombu.com/media/mobil...29.png?2.133.0

Blackberry is still around? I genuinely had no idea.

jd1020 11-18-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 11890757)

I'm looking for opinions on the carrier and phone options. Definitely going Android and looking at the Galaxy S6 or the LG G4. I'm not real keen on the idea of not being able to access the battery or add storage, so the S6 is lagging behind, IMO.

If I was on Verizon I would upgrade to a Moto X Play (it's called a Droid something on Verizon). The Moto X with the 615 chip but a huge battery.

I would have upgraded from my LG G2 to that if it worked on AT&T's network but Verizon and Motorola have some kind of stupid ass relationship that the Droids are clones of other Motorola phones which wont be released to work on other US carrier frequencies.

BigMeatballDave 11-18-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11891775)

Yeah, I thought they were pretty much dead.

DaFace 11-18-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11891775)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11892883)
Yeah, I thought they were pretty much dead.

Note that that phone is running Android. They've all but thrown in the towel on the Blackberry OS but are giving it a go as a hardware manufacturer. If you are the type that loves the physical keyboard, it's not a bad option.

BigMeatballDave 11-19-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11893102)
Note that that phone is running Android. They've all but thrown in the towel on the Blackberry OS but are giving it a go as a hardware manufacturer. If you are the type that loves the physical keyboard, it's not a bad option.

I do miss the physical keyboard. The original Droid I had about 6 years ago was one of the best phones I've ever had.

SAUTO 11-19-2015 04:12 PM

I've got an s6, active.

It's awesome

Jerm 11-20-2015 08:45 AM

Upgraded last night to the 6S+...this is my first phone on the larger side, damn I love it. Can't see myself ever going back to a smaller phone now.

BigMeatballDave 11-20-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11894987)
Upgraded last night to the 6S+...this is my first phone on the larger side, damn I love it. Can't see myself ever going back to a smaller phone now.

Yeah, 3 yrs ago I had a Note 2, then a Note 3 a year later. I now have an S4.

SO over the large screen phone.

BigMeatballDave 11-20-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11893102)

Yeah, that and the keyboard was the only reason I was interested. I see now that it has a 5.4" screen. I'm over the large screen.

The Franchise 11-20-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11895023)
Yeah, 3 yrs ago I had a Note 2, then a Note 3 a year later. I now have an S4.

SO over the large screen phone.

I've got a Note 4 right now and no desire to move to the Note 5. I have no idea where I'm going next. I was thinking about getting an iPhone but it makes me feel dirty.

Bowser 11-30-2015 04:12 PM

So I have an LG G4 through Verizon. It would appear that I am unable to block phone numbers on this phone while with Verizon unless I want to pay an additional $5/month for some plan they offer, and even then the number stays blocked for only 90 days (you can still re-enter the number after 90 days, though).

What a crock of ****ing shit.

Bowser 11-30-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11917771)
So I have an LG G4 through Verizon. It would appear that I am unable to block phone numbers on this phone while with Verizon unless I want to pay an additional $5/month for some plan they offer, and even then the number stays blocked for only 90 days (you can still re-enter the number after 90 days, though).

And btw, here's the number that keeps calling me, multiple times a day (even twice on Thanksgiving).... 657-202-6675. Caller ID says "SECURITY". My quick research says it's a scam company and when you finally talk to someone (usually nobody says anything when you pick up or call them back) they try to convince you that there is some type of legal action pending against you. Scumbags.

Fish 11-30-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11917771)

Get an Android app like Blacklist or similar to block that shit. Free....

Bowser 11-30-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11917818)
Get an Android app like Blacklist or similar to block that shit. Free....

Excellent. Will research....

(does it speak poorly on me that I never even considered there might be a call blocking app? DON'T ANSWER THAT!! Lol)

L.A. Chieffan 11-30-2015 06:38 PM

You can log on your Verizon account online and block any number you want for free...

BigMeatballDave 12-02-2015 01:09 PM

Funny how a 5" screen phone is no longer considered a large screen phone. 5.5" is now.

Remember 5 yrs ago when the EVO came out? That thing seemed huge then. Only 4.3 inches.

It was a bad ass phone at the time.

I had one a year after it was released. I flashed so many RoMs and kernels(over-clocking) on that thing and never bricked.

Dartgod 12-02-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 11890757)

So I ended up switching on Black Friday and got a pretty good deal. Ended up with Droid Turbo 2's for the wife and I. $200 off each phone and $300 each in credit for accessories. I got a ton of stuff. A set of Beats wireless headphones for my wife, with built in mic so she can use the phone with them. A 10" Ellipsis tablet with mobile data. It's not real high end, only 16GB and 1GB memory, but it was only $50. A bunch of other accessories, car chargers, cases, etc. And my monthly bill will go down about 40 bucks. Very pleased.

DaFace 12-02-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11921829)
Funny how a 5" screen phone is no longer considered a large screen phone. 5.5" is now.

Remember 5 yrs ago when the EVO came out? That thing seemed huge then. Only 4.3 inches.

It was a bad ass phone at the time.

I had one a year after it was released. I flashed so many RoMs and kernels(over-clocking) on that thing and never bricked.

I think it mostly relates to the decreasing phone:computer ratio that has been occurring over the past decade or so. When the iPhone first came out, it really was a phone that could also do some cool internet stuff. Today, the fact that it's a phone is almost secondary to the fact that I use it for so many other things.

It wasn't bad to browse CP on a 4" phone, but now that I'm reading books, magazines, blogs, etc., the extra space is really nice to have.

The Franchise 12-23-2015 04:38 PM

Anyone having a problem with their Note 4?

Mine dies at random times. My battery will show anywhere from 15% to 40% and then completely die like I let the battery completely run out.

And it sends multiple copies of the same text message over and over again.

BigMeatballDave 12-23-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11972941)
Anyone having a problem with their Note 4?

Mine dies at random times. My battery will show anywhere from 15% to 40% and then completely die like I let the battery completely run out.

And it sends multiple copies of the same text message over and over again.

No. A buddy of mine has one, he hasn't said anything about it.

Sounds like a warranty issue.

The Franchise 12-23-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11972976)
No. A buddy of mine has one, he hasn't said anything about it.

Sounds like a warranty issue.

And mine is out of warranty....by like a month.

SAUTO 12-23-2015 09:28 PM

Dropped my brand new s6, active in a 5 gallon bucket of oil.

Seriously. All the way to the bottom. I grabbed it out and put in under the faucet of hot water and then brake cleaned the shit out of it. Then took 175 psi shop air to the speaker and Mic. Because I couldn't hear anything and they couldn't hear me.

Then every couple days I would have to blow the Mic out because it would sound like I was under water.

And I couldn't put it in my pocket for a couple days because oil would seep out of it.

Now it works just fine. Using it to type this post using voice.

Recommend highly

DaFace 12-23-2015 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11973347)

Seriously. All the way to the bottom. I grabbed it out and put in under the faucet of hot water and then brake cleaned the shit out of it. Then took 175 psi shop air to the speaker and Mic. Because I couldn't hear anything and they couldn't hear me.

Then every couple days I would have to blow the Mic out because it would sound like I was under water.

And I couldn't put it in my pocket for a couple days because oil would seep out of it.

Recommend highly

Damn. That's impressive.

-King- 12-23-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11973347)

Recommend highly

Damn lol. You should sell that story to Samsung and have them market it.

I probably wouldn't have even tried to fix it.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 12-24-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11973352)
Damn. That's impressive.

I agree, it's supposed to be water proof to four feet, but that's not oil. Lol.

The back isn't removable but there was oil in there because when I would blow it out oil would come out the seams.

SAUTO 12-24-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11973469)
Damn lol. You should sell that story to Samsung and have them market it.

I probably wouldn't have even tried to fix it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't had a phone in years and literally haven't had this thing two months. I wasnt paying for another.

Fish 12-24-2015 10:57 AM

Actually, any phone would be better off dropped in oil compared to water. Motor oil is not electrically conductive like water. So you could dunk your phone in it without the case on and it wouldn't fry your phone. It's also more dense and viscous. It would just be messy. You can clean up anything left by taking the highest % alcohol you can find, and rubbing it on the phone with a cotton ball.

The Franchise 12-24-2015 11:05 AM

So now I'm looking at either the Samsung Galaxy S6 or the iPhone 6s plus.

BigMeatballDave 12-24-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11972980)
And mine is out of warranty....by like a month.

Of course it is...

L.A. Chieffan 12-24-2015 12:05 PM

Pest, just get an extra battery and desktop charger off Amazon for like 30 bucks. Make sure it's OEM. That's what I did, I have a Note 4 as well one of my batteries would just die after 20% and now that's my spare. If the messaging thing is bad do a factory reset

SAUTO 12-24-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11973823)
Actually, any phone would be better off dropped in oil compared to water. Motor oil is not electrically conductive like water. So you could dunk your phone in it without the case on and it wouldn't fry your phone. It's also more dense and viscous. It would just be messy. You can clean up anything left by taking the highest % alcohol you can find, and rubbing it on the phone with a cotton ball.

Then it probably wasn't a great idea to wash it with hot water and brake clean...

MTG#10 01-11-2016 10:34 AM

Just got my Nexus 6p in the mail. Greatest phone EVAR. Had no problem activating on Verizon either. Only negative was the wall charger was missing from the box. It was sealed too so it wasn't a return, stupid Chinese factory worker (probably a child) must have just missed it.

jd1020 01-11-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

AT&T offering unlimited mobile data to DirecTV and U-Verse customers

Looking for incentives to add new subscribers and keep existing ones for its DirecTV and U-Verse TV, AT&T has brought back unlimited mobile data. The carrier did away with the all-you-can-eat data offerings back in 2010. There are still grandfathered unlimited accounts paying $30 a month for the service, but that is expected to rise to $35 next month. At that price, it is still a sweet deal.

But we digress. Today's news means that starting tomorrow, DirecTV and U-Verse customers can pay $100 a month for unlimited data from AT&T. Additional lines will cost $40 monthly, and the fourth smartphone line is free. Combining your wireless and TV bill results in a $10 a month discount. That means a family of four can score unlimited data for $170 a month. New and grandfathered unlimited plan subscribers will both be subject to throttling if they consume more than 22GB of data in a single month. The old cap of 5GB was raised last year. The throttling will only take place if the AT&T customer is using a "congested" cell tower, and each unlimited plan holder will be alerted when they have used 75% of the 22GB monthly cap (16.5GB).

AT&T says that the unlimited data offering is temporary, which means that those interested in the deal should not procrastinate. U-Verse and DirecTV service starts at $20 a month, rising to $50 after the first year.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/AT-T-...tomers_id77344

DaFace 01-11-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12018703)
Just got my Nexus 6p in the mail. Greatest phone EVAR. Had no problem activating on Verizon either. Only negative was the wall charger was missing from the box. It was sealed too so it wasn't a return, stupid Chinese factory worker (probably a child) must have just missed it.

Congrats. I've had mine for about 2 months now, and it's by far the best phone I've ever owned.

Are you getting the charger taken care of?

Buehler445 01-11-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12019652)

Fook. I might switch for that....

MTG#10 01-11-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12019662)

Are you getting the charger taken care of?

Yeah, Amazon wont just send me a charger they have to send me a new phone apparently. I have to take the charger out of the box then send it back. Stupid, I know.

I do have one complaint I guess...the volume button location is terrible. The way I hold my phone I'm constantly unknowingly turning my volume down. Its driving me crazy. Other than that, perfect.

DaFace 01-11-2016 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12019926)
Yeah, Amazon wont just send me a charger they have to send me a new phone apparently. I have to take the charger out of the box then send it back. Stupid, I know.

I do have one complaint I guess...the volume button location is terrible. The way I hold my phone I'm constantly unknowingly turning my volume down. Its driving me crazy. Other than that, perfect.

Yeah, it's way too sensitive, but if you put it in a case (I use the Rugged Armor case on mine), it makes it much more tolerable.

MTG#10 01-12-2016 09:51 AM

This case? That's what I have too, in fact Ive never used it without the case so I cant imagine how bad it'd be without it.

Having another issue now as well...3rd party app notifications aren't coming though. My Yahoo mail app isn't notifying me of received emails, and my family locator app isnt notifying me when my kids arrive/leave my house like its supposed to and did on my G3. I suppose these could be issues with the apps not ready for Marshmallow though...

jd1020 02-06-2016 12:42 AM

Rumored HTC M10

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/PKvW63aF8L">https://t.co/PKvW63aF8L</a> <a href="https://t.co/zsyzQWbVAt">pic.twitter.com/zsyzQWbVAt</a></p>&mdash; Evan Blass (@evleaks) <a href="https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/695659809094426627">February 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HTC going full blown reerun with this one. Got rid of the dual front boom sound speakers, back to their trash ultrapixel camera, and taking an iPhone/Samsung and making it look like shit all at the same time. I guess when your company is slowly going down the drain Blackberry style then you have to change something up, right?

jd1020 03-31-2016 08:26 PM

Need a new phone? Looking at a S7/S7 edge? AT&T customer with Directv?

Quote:

Starting April 1, and ending on April 30, AT&T will allow you to buy a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, and receive a free Samsung Smart TV. However, there are some requirements that you have to meet to qualify for the offer: the S7 or S7 edge smartphone must be bought on an AT&T Next plan, and you need to be subscribed to AT&T's DIRECTV service (which starts at $29.99 per month). The TV that AT&T is giving away is a 48-inch Samsung J550D series LED Smart TV, which seems to be a model from 2014, currently costing around $700.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Buy-a...quired_id79815

Even though it appears to be an old TV it's got pretty good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN48H5.../dp/B00IJ1YTZO

listopencil 03-31-2016 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11917807)
And btw, here's the number that keeps calling me, multiple times a day (even twice on Thanksgiving).... 657-202-6675. Caller ID says "SECURITY". My quick research says it's a scam company and when you finally talk to someone (usually nobody says anything when you pick up or call them back) they try to convince you that there is some type of legal action pending against you. Scumbags.

Add this number to your contact list:

1 214 666 4 3 2 1

When you get a spam call answer it, and then dial that number on a separate call. Once it picks up merge the calls and mute your phone, set it down and walk away. It's an AI that will pretend to hold a conversation with the spammer.

DaFace 08-22-2016 07:24 PM

Not sure this is threadworthy, but Android N is officially out for Nexus phones. Key features in my opinion:

Multi-window (split screen between multiple apps)
Quick switching (kind of like alt-tabbing on a computer)
Doze now works in a pocket or purse
Improvements to notifications and quick settings
Future OS updates will happen in the background (kind of like Chrome)

Anyway, more details here:

https://www.android.com/versions/nougat-7-0/

L.A. Chieffan 08-23-2016 11:45 AM

Note 7 is amazing. Great phone, screen is like an orgasm

MTG#10 03-30-2017 06:24 PM

Pre-ordered the S8 today. First time Ive ever pre-ordered anything in my life. Thought about the Plus but ultimately decided the .4" of screen wasnt worth the extra bulk in my pocket. Plus the regular S8 still has more screen than my current Nexus 6p.

I normally dont upgrade so fast, only had the 6p for a little over a year and I loved it at first but the battery life is turning to shit. Bought my daughter one too and exactly 2 weeks after the warranty was up her screen wouldn't turn on. These things have great reviews but in my experience their longevity is garbage.

I feel very confident the S8 will be the greatest phone ever made. After the Note 7 fiasco you can bet Samsung made damn sure these things would be superb quality.

DaFace 03-30-2017 08:31 PM

The S8 is definitely among the most striking looks for a phone in a long time.

blake5676 03-31-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12803709)
Pre-ordered the S8 today. First time Ive ever pre-ordered anything in my life. Thought about the Plus but ultimately decided the .4" of screen wasnt worth the extra bulk in my pocket. Plus the regular S8 still has more screen than my current Nexus 6p.

I normally dont upgrade so fast, only had the 6p for a little over a year and I loved it at first but the battery life is turning to shit. Bought my daughter one too and exactly 2 weeks after the warranty was up her screen wouldn't turn on. These things have great reviews but in my experience their longevity is garbage.

I feel very confident the S8 will be the greatest phone ever made. After the Note 7 fiasco you can bet Samsung made damn sure these things would be superb quality.

You hanging on to your 6p's or trading them in/selling? I've had a 6p for year and a half....my favorite phone ever. Cracked the screen almost a year ago (still perfectly functional but slightly annoying). Think I'm waiting the phone market out to replace until the Pixel 2 hits, but I might be interested in your 6p if you're selling? Let me know!

DaFace 03-31-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 12804338)
You hanging on to your 6p's or trading them in/selling? I've had a 6p for year and a half....my favorite phone ever. Cracked the screen almost a year ago (still perfectly functional but slightly annoying). Think I'm waiting the phone market out to replace until the Pixel 2 hits, but I might be interested in your 6p if you're selling? Let me know!

Regarding the 6P and the battery, it's a bitch to swap the battery out (though there are plenty of walkthroughs online), but once I did, my phone has been like new. Total cost for the battery plus supplies was probably about $20 (though a heat gun could run you a little more if you don't already have one).

MTG#10 03-31-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 12804338)

I'll be selling mine, my daughter's screen doesnt light up.

IleenRedd 04-17-2021 11:15 AM

All we can understand that phone is an essential device in our life which could not define us but its necessary to find the best one for ourselves, that you can find here
ne with many available devices and get the best one for yourself that could not be enough sometime.

SuperChief 04-17-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IleenRedd (Post 15632229)
All we can understand that phone is an essential device in our life which could not define us but its necessary to find the best one for ourselves, that you can find here
ne with many available devices and get the best one for yourself that could not be enough sometime.

Couldn't have said it better myself.