ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC ** 2013 Sporting Kansas City / Soccer Thread ** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267316)

tredadda 12-07-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10256512)
Aren't the people trying to score professionals as well?

I don't think offsides should exist once the team possessing the ball is in the opponents half the field.

I disagree. It prevents "cherry picking". Anyone who ever played basketball knows how annoying that is.

Bearcat 12-07-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10256549)
I disagree. It prevents "cherry picking". Anyone who ever played basketball knows how annoying that is.

What about a quarter of the field? Granted, Sporting would have probably lost had it not been offsides, I thought the call against RSL was pretty silly considering it was so close to the goal. It's on the defense at that point.

Pants 12-07-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10256512)
Aren't the people trying to score professionals as well?

I don't think offsides should exist once the team possessing the ball is in the opponents half the field.

Of course they're professionals as well. It's just way easier to defend than it is to score.

It's kind of like baseball... you hit the ball 30% of the time and you're considered to be godly. Some things are just hard to do. Scoring in soccer is one of those.

You can't just have two teams keep playing indefinitely, as players get more tired, the likelihood of goals being scored goes down even more. You can only run for so long. Nobody likes when matches get decided by penalties, but there has to be a winner and this is the only thing that works.

mr. tegu 12-07-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10256549)

Cherry picking wouldn't exist if the offsides rule did not apply when a team has the ball in the opponents side if the file. Everyone is basically already there anyways so I can't see how cherry picking would be a problem.

Your basketball analogy doesn't support your argument in my scenario of the offsides rule. How many times have you seen cherry picking when a team is in the half court offense?

Stanley Nickels 12-07-2013 09:14 PM

Just got back from the game... WOW!

A HUGE thanks goes out to Zach for making this all happen. My wife has been out of work from back problems, and money has been really tight. We bought playoff tickets as our only Christmas gift to each other while she recovers, but we couldn't afford to buy tickets for the cup as well.

I messaged Zach here earlier this week, as I was hoping to tailgate and then see if I could watch the game in the Members Club.. Zach couldn't make that happen, but he somehow had the hookup for free (and great) seats!

Zach, I am eternally grateful for you going out of your way to help two complete strangers get to see their team win a championship! You are amazing, and we can't thank you enough.

Now I just need to overload on tea, blood pressure meds, and hand warmers..

Reaper16 12-07-2013 09:14 PM

I'm currently watching the replay because I want to keep this happiness going. My ankles are sore from jumping up and down so much. This is a great feeling. I want to hug everybody.

Pants 12-07-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 10256631)

A HUGE thanks goes out to Zach for making this all happen. My wife has been out of work from back problems, and money has been really tight. We bought playoff tickets as our only Christmas gift to each other while she recovers, but we couldn't afford to buy tickets for the cup as well.

I messaged Zach here earlier this week, as I was hoping to tailgate and then see if I could watch the game in the Members Club.. Zach couldn't make that happen, but he somehow had the hookup for free (and great) seats!

Zach, I am eternally grateful for you going out of your way to help two complete strangers get to see their team win a championship! You are amazing, and we can't thank you enough.

That's awesome.

Stanley Nickels 12-07-2013 09:24 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/08/a3abemyv.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/08/ehubapuj.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/08/hasevy9u.jpg

Anyong Bluth 12-07-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10256003)
That was almost nerve wracking JHC.

I was sweating it out for sure and totally thinking we'd somehow come up on the short end of it since their keeper has been so good at PKs and Jimmy never looked comfortable through the entire course of the match.

So happy they pulled it off at home to win the cup!

teedubya 12-07-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 10256631)

That's freaking awesome. BTW, hearing this tells me that I sat right by you. LMAO. Zach's business partner, Simon, messaged me earlier today about his extra ticket, so I sat right by you and your wife. That's hilarious. Sat by a CPer and didn't even know it.

Stanley Nickels 12-07-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 10256884)
That's freaking awesome. BTW, hearing this tells me that I sat right by you. LMAO. Zach's business partner, Simon, messaged me earlier today about his extra ticket, so I sat right by you and your wife. That's hilarious. Sat by a CPer and didn't even know it.

I high fived teedubya! :clap:
Damn was that game fun!

Imon Yourside 12-08-2013 12:03 AM

Congrats to all of you soccer fans, I can't bring myself to watch it but I'm happy for everyone that does..including Zach.

morphius 12-08-2013 12:28 AM

Because of my wife I had to watch this on DVR and maanged to not hear anything about it till just now when I finished it. I kept waiting for us to find a way to lose, Zusi missing was about all I could take. Most epic final ever. Whew. I think I'm going to have to work out just to burn off all this tension to fall asleep. Wow, just wow...

teedubya 12-08-2013 01:16 AM

I'm pretty sure that we were able to witness one of the most exciting championship games in soccer history... it was really ****ing entertaining... what a fun game...

|Zach| 12-08-2013 07:02 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5DV15kHOA28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>