ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life New Dating Megathread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270679)

AphexPhin 06-12-2013 11:15 AM

bitches come & go

On to the next one

patteeu 06-12-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9746899)
bitches come & go

On to the next one

It's amazing to me that you can't find a girl willing to like you.

SAUTO 06-12-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9746850)
That's exactly how I feel right now.

We have so much stuff planned for the next couple months...

I would seriously just calm down. Don't jump into any rash decisions.

Unless you left a lot out I wouldn't think anything you said us enough to be done, especially with the way you said you felt about her.

Traveling is stressful, I happen to hate my whole family every time we attempt it, but it was your first time and both of you probably hoped out would go perfect.

sounds like you both overreacted when it didn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze 06-12-2013 11:21 AM

thank god I'm married. If I'm ever single again, I don't even want to screw around with dating. I'll spend my money on beer, bourbon, steak, and guns.

keg in kc 06-12-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9746911)
thank god I'm married. If I'm ever single again, I don't even want to screw around with dating. I'll spend my money on beer, bourbon, steak, and guns.

I've made it 10 years. And you know, sometimes it sucks. There are sometimes moments when I really hate being alone. But most of the time I'm like "why the **** didn't I figure out how awesome this could be before I wasted 7 years of my life on a bad relationship".

Dayze 06-12-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9746922)
I've made it 10 years. And you know, sometimes it sucks. There are sometimes moments when I really hate being alone. But most of the time I'm like "why the **** didn't I figure out how awesome this could be before I wasted 7 years of my life on a bad relationship".

LMAO
I lucked out with my wife; hit it off immediately. so I didn't have to 'date' much at all, thank god.

Titty Meat 06-12-2013 11:26 AM

People shouldn't get married til atleast 35.

Frosty 06-12-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9746911)

This. Dating sucks and it looks like it's 10x harder now.

DaKCMan AP 06-12-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9747015)
This. Dating sucks and it looks like it's 10x harder now.

It is.

keg in kc 06-12-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9746928)
People shouldn't get maeried til atleast 35.

Holy shit, I actually agree with you on something.

Although maybe 30. Start having kids at 35.

Frosty 06-12-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9747017)
It is.

It seems like social media and cell phones/texting puts a lot of undue strain on relationships now days. It's like you are constantly expected to be attached at the hip 24/7 or something.

My impression anyway.

DaKCMan AP 06-12-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9747076)
It seems like social media and cell phones/texting puts a lot of undue strain on relationships now days. It's like you are constantly expected to be attached at the hip 24/7 or something.

My impression anyway.

There's that, but I think despite social networking, cell phones, etc. it's more difficult to meet people. I go out with friends but through those communication methods you always know what time, where, etc. so that you have specific places & people you hang with instead of people just gathering at a central location. People go out in groups and, generally, stick to their groups. I meet new people when out with friends, but they're typically not individuals I'd want to date. It's difficult to meet people that you would want to potentially date, IMO.

Then you throw in the possible constant communication (though that hasn't been much of a problem with the girls I date - we're both busy, ambitious, working individuals). It seems to me more people go into dating with set expectations and instead of growing a relationship and molding those expectations the attitude is more looking for a perfect immediate fit, which just doesn't happen.

Dayze 06-12-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9747023)
Holy shit, I actually agree with you on something.

Although maybe 30. Start having kids at 35.

dont' tell my wife that. lol
I think I've finally convinced her we're too old. (36)

keg in kc 06-12-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9747124)
dont' tell my wife that. lol
I think I've finally convinced her we're too old. (36)

:evil:

One of the things that's hit me this year is that I'm never having kids (I'm 39). Really had a mixed reaction. Glad, because I'd be a terrible father, but I know it's something I may regret eventually.

This has been an interesting year for me. It's like the realization that I'm mid-life has hit me like a ton of bricks. Lots of "what the **** have I done with my life" going on. It's only taken me 10 years to figure out I'm not in my 20s anymore.

Dayze 06-12-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9747142)
:evil:

One of the things that's hit me this year is that I'm never having kids (I'm 39). Really had a mixed reaction. Glad, because I'd be a terrible father, but I know it's something I may regret eventually.

This has been an interesting year for me. It's like the realization that I'm mid-life has hit me like a ton of bricks. Lots of "what the **** have I done with my life" going on.

yeah; I mean if it happened I wouldn't be disappointed, but we're not actively trying. I think I'd make a good father but man....I just don't k now if I could handle the stress and $$. At this point, I want to just rat-hole money so I can retire before I'm 90.