ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196570)

NewChief 06-06-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7680670)
Why was he naked? Why did they not seem surprised he was naked? Is he mentally handicapped?

I just didn't get the point of him being there in the nude at all, but granted I was not sober when I watched it last night.

Yes. He's a halfwit. I'm not sure what the point was either, and I don't remember if that's how it happened in the books. There is some character relationship development happening between the three of them that will come into play much further into the series... but that's about the only reason I can think that Hodor just randomly appeared there (other than just to work him into another scene and imprint him a little more on the audience since he's obviously not made much of an impression yet as evidenced by you not remembering him or recognizing him as a halfwit).

vailpass 06-06-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7680670)
Why was he naked? Why did they not seem surprised he was naked? Is he mentally handicapped?

I just didn't get the point of him being there in the nude at all, but granted I was not sober when I watched it last night.

I was sober and wondered the same thing: why do we need to see this dude's disfigured schlong?. Only thing that came to mind was you had to have read the book.

Red Brooklyn 06-06-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7680478)
But...

Spoiler!

How far have you read?

Swanman 06-06-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7680687)
I was sober and wondered the same thing: why do we need to see this dude's disfigured schlong?. Only thing that came to mind was you had to have read the book.

He was bathing in a nearby spring in the book while Bran sat by the heart tree, since Hodor had to carry Bran around everywhere.

DJ's left nut 06-06-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7680767)
How far have you read?

Just 'bout finished with Clash.

Spoiler!

Red Brooklyn 06-06-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7680803)

Spoiler!

Fair enough.

Spoiler!

Are you enjoying Clash otherwise?

Huffmeister 06-06-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7680803)

Spoiler!

I felt the same way...
Spoiler!

vailpass 06-06-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7680798)
He was bathing in a nearby spring in the book while Bran sat by the heart tree, since Hodor had to carry Bran around everywhere.

And there it is. thank you.

DJ's left nut 06-06-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7680798)

I'm even fairly certain that Martin makes some quip about his junk being 'in proportion' to the rest of him. So Hodor is evidently well endowed.

The folks that say Martin can lose his pacing on occasion would be well served to remember passages such as those. Sometimes he really can get tedious.

Shag 06-06-2011 08:55 PM

Great episode this week! I didn't care for the change to how Drogo was injured, though, and the injury seemed much less serious than in the book - I believe they described it as a fairly deep gash across the entirety of his chest. I'm not sure why they had Drogo kill his own bloodrider - it didn't really seem to be a necessary change, unless they are just trying to speed the upcoming events without having to go into as much detail as the books. I don't really buy that a khal or his bloodrider would turn on each other so easily - and technically, if the bloodrider had killed Drogo, he'd then have to die himself, due to the bloodrider pact. That scene just didn't mesh.

That being said, the fight was pretty awesome...

Hammock Parties 06-06-2011 09:26 PM

That episode gave me blue balls.

allen_kcCard 06-06-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 7681835)
Great episode this week! I didn't care for the change to how Drogo was injured, though, and the injury seemed much less serious than in the book - I believe they described it as a fairly deep gash across the entirety of his chest. I'm not sure why they had Drogo kill his own bloodrider - it didn't really seem to be a necessary change, unless they are just trying to speed the upcoming events without having to go into as much detail as the books. I don't really buy that a khal or his bloodrider would turn on each other so easily - and technically, if the bloodrider had killed Drogo, he'd then have to die himself, due to the bloodrider pact. That scene just didn't mesh.

That being said, the fight was pretty awesome...

I didn't think he was one of the bloodriders, just part of the khalasar.

Fish 06-06-2011 09:45 PM

31,246 views in this thread..... damn...

Bowser 06-06-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7681020)
I'm even fairly certain that Martin makes some quip about his junk being 'in proportion' to the rest of him. So Hodor is evidently well endowed.

The folks that say Martin can lose his pacing on occasion would be well served to remember passages such as those. Sometimes he really can get tedious.

It led to the wildling woman telling Bran about the creatures living north of the wall after she commented that Hodor must be half giant.

Baby Lee 06-07-2011 12:18 AM

Spoiler!