ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

NJChiefsFan 02-27-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 9448822)
My only point is that Alex will upgrade your position. I have no clue why you guys would not want that?

Is Alex elite? No, but he just could take you guys to the playoffs with the weapons you have. Will he? I've watched Alex his whole career I don't know, but he is the best option you guys have right now. According to Bowe he's happy about the move. Andy Reid sacrificed a lot to get Alex. There has to be something there right?

Draft a young guy to sit behind him. Let him learn the ropes. If Alex doesn't work out losing a 2nd round pick is not going to be the death of this team.

Because a coach goes for a player means there has to be something? Losing more than a 2nd first of all. This draft is deep so yeah a 34th overall is a HUGE loss. The goal isn't to upgrade over Matt. It's to get to a SB eventually. Decent QB's are much more dangerous to a franchise than shitty ones are. The decent ones just give you enough hope, just enough excuse to not go down the scary path of a new QB. We have lived it over and over again. That's why just upgrading the position isn't good enough. And what young QB will we draft? With which pick? We are going to use a high pick on a QB after we just gave this up for Smith? Yeah, ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 9448825)
If the Ravens can with Flacco and the Giants can with little Manning, we can with A. Smith.

I do not think Smith is elite. I don't think G. Smith is either. Of the two I want the one that can best help me win games, get in the playoffs, and have a shot at the SB. A. Smith gets me there more quickly.

Seriously man? Comparing Eli to Alex Smith? Eli goes down field, makes plays. That's what Flacco did. Alex Smith has never gone down field, never made plays. Hell even in his most shining moment he did it mostly by check downs. You are trying to swim up stream. You are about instant results. You would rather have a 9 win season next year with a guy never taking you anywhere big versus taking a chance on somebody. If you don't have a QB that can win you games, not just not lose them, you don't have a chance.

opposition 02-27-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9448858)
Better than Cassel does not equal good.

Either does 2-14

NJChiefsFan 02-27-2013 08:36 PM

And by the way, consider your next post the winning post in this conversation. I don't have the energy for it.

dirk digler 02-27-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 9448822)
My only point is that Alex will upgrade your position. I have no clue why you guys would not want that?

Is Alex elite? No, but he just could take you guys to the playoffs with the weapons you have. Will he? I've watched Alex his whole career I don't know, but he is the best option you guys have right now. According to Bowe he's happy about the move. Andy Reid sacrificed a lot to get Alex. There has to be something there right?

Draft a young guy to sit behind him. Let him learn the ropes. If Alex doesn't work out losing a 2nd round pick is not going to be the death of this team.

I don't disagree that getting Alex is ok if we draft a QB. But I think it is pretty obvious we are not going to do that so this whole trade is a major fail.

crispystl 02-27-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9446073)
Be careful man.

Yeah, this franchise isn't worth it man.

confused 02-27-2013 08:43 PM

I'm just glad to see all of those shitty photoshopped Geno Smith signatures disappear. Same thing with the cheesy sig lines and user names. Now you can spill your baby gravy to him when he's throwing 3 INT's a game in Oakland.

PaulAllen 02-27-2013 08:43 PM

Hey guys! I got a geo metro with a sick spoiler on it. Chicks are gonna flock to me now

penbrook 02-27-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9448886)
I don't disagree that getting Alex is ok if we draft a QB. But I think it is pretty obvious we are not going to do that so this whole trade is a major fail.

I have heard rumblings that if Barkley falls to the third they will take him without a doubt.

houstonwhodat 02-27-2013 08:45 PM

What the **** Reid?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

dirk digler 02-27-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

A league source tells PFT’s Mike Florio that the 2014 conditional pick in the trade is the Chiefs’ 2014 third-rounder, which can become a second-rounder if certain benchmarks are met.

Cannibal 02-27-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconFan2 (Post 9448897)
I'm just glad to see all of those shitty photoshopped Geno Smith signatures disappear. Same thing with the cheesy sig lines and user names. Now you can spill your baby gravy to him when he's throwing 3 INT's a game in Oakland.

LOL.... have to admit this is funny. ROFL

Ming the Merciless 02-27-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9448898)
Hey guys! I got a geo metro with a sick spoiler on it. Chicks are gonna flock to me now

Comparing the Chiefs to a Geo Metro is a stretch..........the metro actually got from point A to point B, efficiently. I'm thinking broke down yugo.

Comparing a spoiler to Alex Smith is also wrong, because a spoiler improves the performance of the vehicle, whereas Smith adds nothing

Setsuna 02-27-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconFan2 (Post 9448897)

Your team chokes more than Sasha Grey. GTFO inbred.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-27-2013 08:52 PM

Pawn put me on that traitor list.

penbrook 02-27-2013 08:54 PM

The only good thing about this trade is that Alex Smith has a hot wife.