ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Knowmo's Homer Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274917)

MagicHef 10-21-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10112758)
I mean, that's what you're saying, right? Alex Smith wins games by punting and field position. Peyton Manning wins games by scoring points.

You're saying letting your fartshit defense win the game would have been a better strategy in beating the Colts.

Nevermind that your defense has AIDS and gave up 36 points by the 4th quarter. It was all because they were in tricky positions!

Ha ha, no. That doesn't make sense anyway, he has more INTs than Manning. You can keep Smith, forever and ever.

What I'm saying is that if Holiday doesn't fumble, we have a good shot at winning. If Hillman doesn't fumble, we have a good shot at winning. If neither fumble, we likely win easily. Obviously, that's not what happened, though.

Mother****erJones 10-21-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10112813)
Ha ha, no. That doesn't make sense anyway, he has more INTs than Manning. You can keep Smith, forever and ever.

What I'm saying is that if Holiday doesn't fumble, we have a good shot at winning. If Hillman doesn't fumble, we have a good shot at winning. If neither fumble, we likely win easily. Obviously, that's not what happened, though.

If they didn't drop easy TDs colts win easy, if Trent doesn't fumble they win easy. Nice try.

RealSNR 10-21-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10112813)

So that one Trindon Holliday fumble led to 33 points before the 4th quarter?

That was some fumble!

RealSNR 10-21-2013 10:23 PM

If Trent Richardson doesn't fumble in the 4th quarter, the Broncos don't get a short field, don't kick the field goal, and only put up 23 points on the night

/alternate universe MagicHef

Mother****erJones 10-21-2013 10:25 PM

Every team has what ifs, injuries, etc

RealSNR 10-21-2013 10:29 PM

If Bob Sutton doesn't act like a soft bitch for two quarters against Casey freakin Keenum, we would have shut those bozos out. We're talking zero points.

But it didn't happen, so the Texans ended up putting 16 on this defense. It stinks, because we should have held them to under 10.

Hey, this is kind of fun!

Stad 10-21-2013 10:33 PM

16-0

Best defense in the league

/Von Dumbass

Hammock Parties 10-21-2013 10:35 PM

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3426711/peytonhit.gif

Mother****erJones 10-21-2013 10:35 PM

We held them to -1 yd in 4th quarter. I don't give a **** who it is that's good. Denver couldn't of done that to even Jacksonville

vailpass 10-21-2013 10:37 PM

You are what your record says you are...

MagicHef 10-21-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10112841)
So that one Trindon Holliday fumble led to 33 points before the 4th quarter?

That was some fumble!

You guys are pros at missing the point. First rate. Truly incredible.

I'm not saying that Denver" should have won, oh they were so close!" I'm saying that the offense and special teams made multiple game-changing mistakes throughout the game, while by comparison, the defense did not have the same type of mistakes, and taking into account the mistakes made by the other parts of the team, played a relatively good game. If your only response is "but look at all the points" then we can probably stop wasting our time discussing it.

ThaVirus 10-21-2013 11:31 PM

Short field or not, your defense wilted when it mattered and allowed TDs instead of field goals at critical points in the game.

On top of that, players that were supposed to make an impact defensively were basically invisible. See: Von Miller and Champ Bailey.

MagicHef 10-21-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10112881)

Nantz and Simms bothered me on this play. They kept looking at his hair and shoulders to try to determine if he was out of bounds, completely ignoring the fact that Chris Clark is touching out of bounds and touching Walden, making him out of bounds, well before the ball was recovered.

MagicHef 10-21-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10112954)
Short field or not, your defense wilted when it mattered and allowed TDs instead of field goals at critical points in the game.

On top of that, players that were supposed to make an impact defensively were basically invisible. See: Von Miller and Champ Bailey.

When it mattered most? They held Indy to 102 yards and a single TD in the second half.

Hammock Parties 10-21-2013 11:34 PM

What bothered me about that play was the lack of blood from Manning.