ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

chagrin 10-06-2005 08:32 AM

Here is a nice episode specific discussion board:

siberian khatru 10-06-2005 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat

The Dharma Project is sort of hiding in the Active Projects section.

:hmmm:

http://www.thespiannet.com/actresses...n_jenna/je.jpg

Chiefnj 10-06-2005 08:41 AM

In the video there is a scene with two of the founding scientists, a long blonde haired lady and a bearded guy. Anyone think that they were the two on the boat that kidnapped Walt? The captain with the spotlight and the lady inside who throws the incindiary device?

Bearcat 10-06-2005 08:45 AM

Great episode. Got off to a slow start by showing the whole John/Jack/Desmond thing for the 100th time, but I'm really glad they covered everything that was in the preview... the concern would be following it up with 3 episodes like last week's. It'll be interesting to see who Desmond meets on his way to... uh... where he's going. Can't wait for next week :clap:

siberian khatru 10-06-2005 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
In the video there is a scene with two of the founding scientists, a long blonde haired lady and a bearded guy. Anyone think that they were the two on the boat that kidnapped Walt? The captain with the spotlight and the lady inside who throws the incindiary device?

Interesting. And probably true.

But I must say this: I read some of the Lost forums and see folks say things like, "Hey, I bet that guy in the training film, third from the left, was the guy on Episode 9 last year who was standing six people behind Locke at the ticket counter at the airport checking his watch. I couldn't tell what numbers the hands on the watch were pointing to, but I'm sure it's a key clue!"

I just get exhausted with this. I'm beginning to feel the same way I eventually did with "X-Files," trying to keep the whole alien/gov't conspiracy plots straight. Halfway through the series I just started pining for the "monster" episodes, I was so tired of the ridiculous machinations of the conspiracy stuff.

ChiefsKing 10-06-2005 08:56 AM

The girl that got thrown in the pit with michael, sawyer and jin was in an earlier flashback with jack. I think they were having a drink at the airport. I read over the summer that she was going to be on the show, and her and jack would have a love interest, this would make her and kate hate eachother. It said she would be brought in as being found with another group that was on the other end of the plane. after last night, i don't think that is the case. why would she punch sawyer after him telling her they were in a plane wreck? also on the previews for next week Jin can speak perfect english. very strange.

chagrin 10-06-2005 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
I just get exhausted with this. I'm beginning to feel the same way I eventually did with "X-Files," trying to keep the whole alien/gov't conspiracy plots straight. Halfway through the series I just started pining for the "monster" episodes, I was so tired of the ridiculous machinations of the conspiracy stuff.

I felt like that after last week's episode and I was so bored I didn't even turn it on last night. I have no idea what happened, some folks say it was good, some say it blew.

KevB 10-06-2005 10:15 AM

Quote:

Interesting. And probably true.

But I must say this: I read some of the Lost forums and see folks say things like, "Hey, I bet that guy in the training film, third from the left, was the guy on Episode 9 last year who was standing six people behind Locke at the ticket counter at the airport checking his watch. I couldn't tell what numbers the hands on the watch were pointing to, but I'm sure it's a key clue!"

I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I certainly see it going that direction. I've made mention of the similarity to X Files several times to my wife. I'm still intrigued by LOST though....the connections made to previous shows really pique my interest.

I also enjoy the glimpses of clues that I don't pick up on while watching, but find out about later on the net (i.e. the DHARMA symbol on the shark fin last week). The clue this week that has me going is the glimpse of the book The Third Policeman. Apparently, the writers on this show said that those that are familiar with this book will have a better understanding of what's going on. I read several reviews of the book, and it clearly has played a part in the development of LOST.

ChiefsKing 10-06-2005 10:37 AM

"The Third Policeman"

Could you explain?

ct 10-06-2005 11:19 AM

Quote:

Tropical storm knocked out my satellite at the very end of the show. Help me out: What happened right after they punched the "execute" key and the clock went back to 108?

Locke sat down at the terminal and said "I'll take the 1st shift." Jack walked out. The end.

Next week's previews show the older black lady walking into the food pantry, and Charlie confronting Hugo about the food saying 'I thought we were friends.' Other storyline is the 'Others' bringing up the 3 guys from the pit to talk to them, at one point that chick decks Sawyer again, and he says 'You hit me again and I'll kill you.'

ct 10-06-2005 11:24 AM

Quote:

I found the whole "countdown" thing a metaphor for watching the series itself. I think the creators are mocking us.

heh, that's pretty funny!

So I'm thinking these 'Others' that captured the 3 guys are not the 'Others' at all, but more survivors that have turned Lord of the Flies. So what was the story with Hugo's friend from the psych ward again? I bet that guy was actually in the hatch, entering the code every 108 minutes!

siberian khatru 10-06-2005 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt
Locke sat down at the terminal and said "I'll take the 1st shift." Jack walked out. The end.

Next week's previews show the older black lady walking into the food pantry, and Charlie confronting Hugo about the food saying 'I thought we were friends.' Other storyline is the 'Others' bringing up the 3 guys from the pit to talk to them, at one point that chick decks Sawyer again, and he says 'You hit me again and I'll kill you.'

Thanks. :thumb:

Bearcat 10-06-2005 11:32 AM

Quote:

Lord of the Flies

I've been trying to remember the name of that book all morning....

MOhillbilly 10-06-2005 11:51 AM

Quote:

heh, that's pretty funny!

So I'm thinking these 'Others' that captured the 3 guys are not the 'Others' at all, but more survivors that have turned Lord of the Flies. So what was the story with Hugo's friend from the psych ward again? I bet that guy was actually in the hatch, entering the code every 108 minutes!

i think theyre on a diffrent island all together.Diffrent station 1 or 2.

ct 10-06-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
I've been trying to remember the name of that book all morning....

Somebody else brought up that connection last week, seems very fitting.

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.

Also brought up in next week's previews...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsKing
... also on the previews for next week Jin can speak perfect english. very strange.

He said something like 'Everything will change.' Perfect English! I suspected all along he also spoke English, was just waiting for the right opportunity I guess.