ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Iconic 12-01-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9168596)
Self defense is not murder. Surely that guy wasn't serious

Can be depending on the situation. What self defense is to you, might not be self defense to the judge.

GoShox 12-01-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9168598)
As a fan I can't remember feeling any more empty than today considering the way the season has gone.

The first thing I saw today when I woke up was "KC Chiefs player murders girlfriend, then kills himself at Arrowhead."

Yeah, I'm with you on that empty feeling.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9168596)
Self defense is not murder. Surely that guy wasn't serious

Yeah, he's serious.

We're supposed to try and "understand" what Belcher was going through, what kind of emotional "pain" he was feeling that made him KILL ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 9168584)
A man breaks into your house and you shoot him whilst trying to protect your family. Is that not also murder? Murder isn't always black and white.

:spock:

Are you 12?

htismaqe 12-01-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 9168603)
Can be depending on the situation. What self defense is to you, might not be self defense to the judge.

Go feel sorry for Belcher somewhere else.

siberian khatru 12-01-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9168579)

All I know is that I can't remember the last time something associated with the Chiefs actually made me feel good.

Yep.

I was thinking earlier it's been a pretty shitty sports calendar year for me/many of us:

MU hoops lose to Norfolk State
Royals suck
MU football sucks
Chiefs suck
MU hoops' 2nd-best player is a rapist who leaves the team

And then to top it off, the worst thing of all -- Belcher

Dartgod 12-01-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 9168603)

Just stop it.

Stop it now.

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9168579)
All I know is that I can't remember the last time something associated with the Chiefs actually made me feel good.

Montana's MNF comeback win at Mile High?

BossChief 12-01-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168578)
We don't know what happened.

Someone could have alerted them that he was on his way with a gun and they intercepted him.

No. He was met by Pioli, Crennel and Gibbs in the parking lot. If his intention was to pull a gun on someone other than himself, he would have been met with security.

He murdered the girl, called one of the three and wanted to say goodbye.

Iconic 12-01-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168605)
Yeah, he's serious.

We're supposed to try and "understand" what Belcher was going through, what kind of emotional "pain" he was feeling that made him KILL ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.

A deeper understanding of his psychological state could change my perspective on this case. So yes, please try and "understand".

Rain Man 12-01-2012 04:41 PM

My thoughts, to the extent that it matters and hasn't already been discussed.

1. Tragedy on multiple fronts, obviously.

2. Belcher will be persona non grata for the Chiefs organization from now on, and that's probably the right thing to do. Don't expect any organized activity related to him.

3. If any player does anything on their uniform, I wonder if there'll be a fine. I suspect there'll be silence on the league's part.

4. There's no way the league would cancel or reschedule a game due to a player's death, even in a worst-case scenario like this. The game is bigger than any individual. If a player doesn't feel like playing tomorrow, then he gets excused and a backup plays. Or a street free agent. Or a person from the stands.

5. If anyone has ever seen that Gipper movie with Ronald Reagan, they would know that the team would want to play anyway. If a player is upset with Belcher, they'll want to play to spite him. If they're sympathetic to Belcher, they'll know that he would have wanted them to play.

6. I predict that the team will play tomorrow, and play well. They'll play with a lot of vigor and win, the linebackers in particular, and then they'll sleepwalk through the rest of the games.

7. I worry about the impact on Derrick Johnson, and hope he's okay.

8. This must be said, even on a terrible day. It must be said. Belcher had a darn nice car. Did anyone see it? It was a gorgeous black Bentley sedan. What a car.

Edit with 9, which I meant to include: I would be fine if Romeo and Pioli weren't there tomorrow. That would have to have been extremely traumatic. I bet they'll be there, though. Football is a tribe mentality and no one will want to be the guy who's not there.

siberian khatru 12-01-2012 04:41 PM

As bad as this was this morning, I was kind of in shock and numb about it.

As I was out running errands all day, it really started to sink in -- especially the part about Pioli and Crennel being there, and Belcher thanking them (of course on top of a young mother being murdered, and his mother witnessing it all).

It's all just so sad. So sad. Heartbreaking.

Iconic 12-01-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9168613)
Just stop it.

Stop it now.

No, I like the attention.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168562)
Sorry but this is the biggest horseshit ****ing line of BS I've ever seen.

He's DEAD.

She's DEAD.

There's no reason AT ALL to figure out why he did what he did and try to "understand" it.

Because in the end, he's gone and can't kill anybody else. The ONLY reason to do what you're suggesting is so that we can posthumously paint him as a victim, as this society always wants to do.

I agree with what your saying except the family of both victims would probably like to figure out why it happened as well as the police.

Of course they may never really know...

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9168621)
No. He was met by Pioli, Crennel and Gibbs in the parking lot. If his intention was to pull a gun on someone other than himself, he would have been met with security.

He murdered the girl, called one of the three and wanted to say goodbye.

Yeah the lack of security is a pretty good argument.

Maybe there are no other teammates involved. I hope so.