ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW new new conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278522)

Prison Bitch 12-19-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10293295)
Remember when you guys were harping about never playing at the Sprint Center because it was in Missouri?

It's really ok. You guys can use our arena anytime.

Not me, I love the fact the Missouri peasants built a proper palace for The King to hold court.

Bambi 12-19-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10293370)
Not me, I love the fact the Missouri peasants built a proper palace for The King to hold court.

LMAO LMAO

Saul Good 12-19-2013 02:09 PM

Black smoke coming out of Belmont today. Seems they still haven't found a coach. They have almost certainly set the record for the most money ever offered to a coach that refused to take it. Another day, another shit show for the world to watch in amusement...

Eleazar 12-19-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10294165)
Black smoke coming out of Belmont today. Seems they still haven't found a coach. They have almost certainly set the record for the most money ever offered to a coach that refused to take it. Another day, another shit show for the world to watch in amusement...

LMAO

Saulbadguy 12-19-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10293156)
Why don't Mizzou & Wichita just schedule each other at Sprint Center? They could call it the "Crybaby Classic" and hold each other tight as they console one another.

What an awful, terrible post.

Sassy Squatch 12-19-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 10294196)
What an awful, terrible poster.

FTFY

eazyb81 12-19-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10293209)

Once again, ku football is the worst value in the entire country.

Quote:

The Jayhawks are once again college football's worst team for the money. They are the very bottom of the barrel on the field, winning just six games over the last three seasons, while spending nearly as much as Baylor and Stanford. Head coach Charlie Weis is expected to return in 2014, but he's got to be on thin ice at this point.
kansas is just a synonym for dumpster fire at this point.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm4...nsas-jayhawks/

Pants 12-19-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10294165)

I haven't been following the UT saga at all outside of Mack's decision. Which coaches have denied Texas so far (besides Saban, obviously)?

Saul Good 12-19-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10295239)
I haven't been following the UT saga at all outside of Mack's decision. Which coaches have denied Texas so far (besides Saban, obviously)?

Texas may be the best job in the country, but there are a lot of issues at the moment.

They operate more like a pro team than a college team with a bunch of huge donors who think they run the place. These donors expect all kinds of access and privileges not afforded to boosters at most other places. Hell...one of them even demanded that Texas commission a statue of himself as a condition of his donation. They did it. Texas has a statue...of a donor...at their football facility.

They also have a serious lack of a QB on the roster. Everyone in Austin seems to think that Texas is a coach away from being a title contender. They aren't. Hell, they aren't even close. You can't compete on the big stage without a QB, and they don't have one. They also lack the personnel to stop a team that lines up and hits them in the mouth. BYU and Ole Miss absolutely manhandled them running the ball straight down their throats over and over and over. Texas was exposed as a soft team with a bunch of players who just assume that the burnt orange is enough to win games.

That said, they are still a potential powerhouse and can be a major force with one of probably 50 coaches out there. Instead of chasing down pie in the sky longshots like Saban and Vince Lombardi, they need to focus on finding the right fit...not just the biggest name so that their money men can feel like swinging dicks at cocktail parties.

Saul Good 12-19-2013 07:37 PM

Just realized I misread your question. It's mostly speculation, but Gruden, Jim Harbaugh, John Harbaugh, Smart, and Malzahn have all been rumored. I don't know that any have received formal offers, though.

Supposedly, they are getting a lot of pressure to seriously consider a minority and/or someone with experience at a school with high academic standards. That screams David Shaw or James Franklin, IMO.

Pants 12-19-2013 07:42 PM

Why the **** would either Harbaugh even consider Texas? That's crazy talk, isn't it?

That's an even longer shot than Saban. LOL

Saul Good 12-19-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10295316)
Why the **** would either Harbaugh even consider Texas? That's crazy talk, isn't it?

That's an even longer shot than Saban. LOL

Who knows? Money talks, and Texas billionaires tend to have high opinions of themselves.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-19-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10291663)
Just wondering here....what is going to be the total dollar payouts for all the SEC Bowl participants this year that will be spread around the league?

$51.5 million

Mosbonian 12-19-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10295432)
$51.5 million

How does that stand against the other conferences?

TribalElder 12-19-2013 10:34 PM

The SEC received $52.3 million in payouts from bowls last year and had $37.5 million of revenue excess after paying for institutional expenses. The SEC's bowl payouts totaled $8.7 million more than the next-closest conference, the Big 12.

Obviously that data is a year old but I would guess they would be ahead of the big once again