ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

BigRedChief 10-08-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8994056)
My cable company is really pissing me off. I taped the game because I had an appointment at 4. When I watched it I had the first inning, then it froze in the 2nd inning. It was 0-0 and when it came back up it was 7-4. The young kid looked good in the 9th. Could be a future closer or set up man. Has a nice easy delivery.

mine froze in the 2nd inning too but I caught it by the top of the 3rd.

Marcellus 10-08-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8993934)
Yeah - my bad, Tony.

Though in the defense of many (myself included) - the gripe was never that we traded Rasmus, but that we got so little in return for him. That gripe remains legitimate, IMO. Dotel was a salary dump that we could've had for free. Jackson we know was a salary dump, afterall the Blue Jays got him for a nominal prospect in return for taking on Teahen's salary in order to facilitate the 3-way deal.

Had we traded Rasmus for someone like Alex Cobb (rumored return), nobody would've been that upset. Instead we traded him for a couple of salary dumps and a lefty reliever. That's a pretty awful return for a guy who 8 months prior had the highest OPS among center fielders in the national league and wasn't that far removed from not being able to drink legally.

But yeah, Jay is a bauce.

Who in the hell would have given a used diaper for Rasmus knowing what they were getting into is beyond me and he has proven that to be true.

The trade is so lopsided right now its ridiculous. The getting rid of him so you give up on him finally benefit is almost immeasurable. Dump your problem child and move on. Now look what you got. Jon Jay is a better Cardinal already than Rasmus ever was.

Swanman 10-08-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8993893)
Thats not good. He's probably done for the year. He could have took a future game at Bush and if on gave us 7 good innings. It will hurt our depth. But, I have more confidence in Rosenthal and Kelley, Lynn to pick up the slack.

Plug Lynn into his spot in the 4-man playoff rotation and Joe Kelly moves into the long relief role. The only depth you lose is you won't have two long relievers but you can shore that up with three or four short relievers if needed. Carp coming back helps a ton, especially given we lost Westbrook. So a playoff 4-man of Lohse, Waino, Carp and Lynn (pitching like he has been) is not too bad.

Swanman 10-08-2012 09:56 PM

I was so f-ing pissed at Beltran in the top of the 2nd for his run the ball back to the infield bullshit that I threw a 5 minute temper tantrum. It must have worked because all of a sudden the Cards figured out how to hit again. The lineup top to bottom was just filthy. Only guy to really do nothing was Frazod's hero Matt Holliday, although he did walk a couple times.

Simply Red 10-08-2012 10:27 PM

congrats today ya'll.

Frazod 10-08-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8994321)
I was so f-ing pissed at Beltran in the top of the 2nd for his run the ball back to the infield bullshit that I threw a 5 minute temper tantrum. It must have worked because all of a sudden the Cards figured out how to hit again. The lineup top to bottom was just filthy. Only guy to really do nothing was Frazod's hero Matt Holliday, although he did walk a couple times.

Heh. I just noticed that. The 0-4 sort of stood out among all those big numbers. :D

Mi_chief_fan 10-09-2012 05:51 AM

I'd like to see Rosenthal as a starter.

Swanman 10-09-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 8994723)
I'd like to see Rosenthal as a starter.

You can definitely see a little Verlander in him. I am not sure how many innings he can go throwing triple digits, but at the worst the guy can be an elite stopper. The Cardinals have at least 4 guys that can hit upper 90's (Motte, Boggs, Rosenthal and Kelly).

Swanman 10-09-2012 09:40 AM

I just read that Garcia had been experiencing pain in the shoulder for a week or two and didn't tell anyone. Shoulder issue or not, I could really see him being done as a Cardinal. The dumbass went into basically a must-win game knowing he wasn't 100% and didn't tell a soul. From the article I read, some of his teammates are pissed, and rightfully so. Luckily Matheny pulled the plug at the right time and Lynn did what he needed to do.

Mi_chief_fan 10-09-2012 12:19 PM

MRI shows strain & inflammation, no damage. Season probably over anyway, but at least it doesn't appear to be too serious.

BigRedChief 10-09-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8994387)
congrats today ya'll.

yeah, the more we win , the better the loss by the Braves looks? :p

Whats the city saying about the fan meltdown today?

BigRedChief 10-09-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8995220)
I just read that Garcia had been experiencing pain in the shoulder for a week or two and didn't tell anyone. Shoulder issue or not, I could really see him being done as a Cardinal. The dumbass went into basically a must-win game knowing he wasn't 100% and didn't tell a soul. From the article I read, some of his teammates are pissed, and rightfully so. Luckily Matheny pulled the plug at the right time and Lynn did what he needed to do.

That is some seriously selfish actions by Garcia. I bet his teammates are pissed. Being selfish in the playoffs always goes over well with your fellow teammates.

DJ's left nut 10-09-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 8995809)
MRI shows strain & inflammation, no damage. Season probably over anyway, but at least it doesn't appear to be too serious.

The problem is that the strain/inflammation was exactly what he had to begin the season.

It suggests he either has a weakened shoulder that will be subject to aggravation going forward or that he has bad mechanics.

Something to notice about Garcia is the incredible amount of strain he puts on his shoulder - he really loads the hell out of that thing:

http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/...a_2008_003.jpg

And he's not a broadly built guy, his arm is going to be even less likely to be able to handle the strain of that kind of extreme shoulder/hip turn as he starts to come forward.

In short, I still don't think Jaime is long for this earth.

whoman69 10-09-2012 06:46 PM

Looks like next game is on MLB. That leaves me out.

BigRedChief 10-09-2012 07:14 PM

From STL today:
Beltran is one of the best postseason hitters in MLB history. In only 25 games he’s launched 13 homers, driven in 22 runs and scored 34 runs. He has a career postseason batting average of .362, with a .478 OBP and an .819 SLG. That’s ridiculous. Are you kidding, 13 homers in 94 postseason at-bats? Crazy.

Who leads in OPS with at least 100 AB's in the postseason?
#1 Beltran
#2 Babe Ruth
#3 Gehrig