ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Bwana 12-01-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9168579)
I don't know what's more depressing - the team in general, what Belcher did, or everybody here ranting and raving about it.

All I know is that I can't remember the last time something associated with the Chiefs actually made me feel good.

Indeed

-King- 12-01-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168562)
Sorry but this is the biggest horseshit ****ing line of BS I've ever seen.

He's DEAD.

She's DEAD.

There's no reason AT ALL to figure out why he did what he did and try to "understand" it.

Because in the end, he's gone and can't kill anybody else. The ONLY reason to do what you're suggesting is so that we can posthumously paint him as a victim, as this society always wants to do.

That's just you then. I want to know why he did it and I'm sure most people would like to know also.

The guy killed his girlfriend in front of his mom and then went and killed himself infront of Romeo and Pioli. It's not odd to wonder what caused something this tragic.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9168624)
8. This must be said, even on a terrible day. It must be said. Belcher had a darn nice car. Did anyone see it? It was a gorgeous black Bentley sedan. What a car.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

SAUTO 12-01-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9168650)
That's just you then. I want to know why he did it and I'm sure most people would like to know also.

The guy killed his girlfriend in front of his mom and then went and killed himself infront of Romeo and Pioli. It's not odd to wonder what caused something this tragic.

this
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut 12-01-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9168633)
I agree with what your saying except the family of both victims would probably like to figure out why it happened as well as the police.

Of course they may never really know...

Either his mother or her mother was at the house during the argument.

We'll likely know the ultimately catalyst.

Honestly, as someone that liked Belcher, I hope it was something that would set any one of us into a blind rage (i.e. the baby mamma drama). Let's be honest folks, the law does recognize this as a quasi-justification for homicide. A true heat of passion murder can get you a voluntary manslaughter charge instead of a murder charge. At least at that point we have something that the law and most reasonable people see as something that drives men to do things they know are unreasonable upon reflection.

If this really came out of her getting home late from a Trey Sonz concert...

Ugh...at that point he's just a cold-blooded killer.

Rain Man 12-01-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9168463)
I think maybe he went there for help (maybe to get him out of trouble), because he didn't know where else to go, then freaked out when the cops showed up. I know that's probably far fetched, but there have been some pretty "out there" speculations made today.

Good theory. The people he went to were the most powerful people he knew. It makes sense.

But I need help on the timeline. How did the police know to go to Arrowhead? I recall that someone called them, but who? And I think they said there was a man with a gun there.

SPchief 12-01-2012 04:48 PM

Man, I leave for a week, and come back to this. Bad day for Chiefs fans and more importantly thoughts to the family of the GF and baby.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 9168584)
A man breaks into your house and you shoot him whilst trying to protect your family. Is that not also murder? Murder isn't always black and white.

Are you for real? Defending your family is not even on the same spectrum as what happened here.

RNR 12-01-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9168162)
People are talking about head trauma but I guess it's a chicken/egg conversation. Domestic Violence seems to be a pretty big issue in the NFL too.

I suggested head trauma in the case of Seau because a poster mentioned him. You are correct domestic violence is a problem in the NFL. Although it is a problem everywhere. The Kansas City Chiefs are in this story because they happened to be this troubled guys employer. I have read several things in this thread that are odd to me. From the train wreck meme who said people should be fired because this team is 1-10 :rolleyes: so if they were 10-1 it they should not be? The fire someone nonsense is just that, nonsense. Reports say the GM and coach were trying to reason with this guy when he killed himself. That just sucks and I hope they feel no guilt knowing they tried their best.

There is another poster who posted he knew the guy and appeared to think highly of him. He pointed out a very plausible scenario. This young man got caught up in the moment and made a simply horrible choice, one he could not live with. I by no means am defending his actions but in my mind the fact he could not deal with this choice and ended his life shows he realized too late how awful he acted.

Sometimes life just sucks and sometimes it reminds us how little a game means in life. It is fun to cheer and enjoy, but it is just a silly game. When reflecting on wonderful or tragic things that have happened in our lives a ****ing football game should not even make top 100~

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9168663)

It makes him deranged, not necessarily a cold-blooded killer. These terms can be mutually exclusive in this case.

Now, if we find out that he went out of way to procure the gun, then I'll concede the point.

SAUTO 12-01-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Honestly, as someone that liked Belcher, I hope it was something that would set any one of us into a blind rage (i.e. the baby mamma drama). Let's be honest folks, the law does recognize this as a quasi-justification for homicide. A true heat of passion murder can get you a voluntary manslaughter charge instead of a murder charge. At least at that point we have something that the law and most reasonable people see as something that drives men to do things they know are unreasonable upon reflection.

this
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9168615)
Montana's MNF comeback win at Mile High?

Hall's return against Denver.

Shit, when Denver choked in '06 and we backed into the playoffs. I was excited and happy as hell that night.

Iconic 12-01-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9168668)
Are you for real? Defending your family is not even on the same spectrum as what happened here.

That's not the point. I compared situations to show murder isn't as simple as one person killing another.

DTLB58 12-01-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

RT @LindsayShively: Just confirmed w/KCPD Kasandra Perkins is officially 100th homicide victim of 2012 in KC. Tragic. #arrowheadshooting
Retweeted by Arrowhead Pride

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 9168678)
That's not the point. I compared situations to show murder isn't as simple as one person killing another.

He ****ing killed the mother of his child.

Just stop already. You're ****ing absurd.