ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW new new conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278522)

Eleazar 12-19-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10295239)
I haven't been following the UT saga at all outside of Mack's decision. Which coaches have denied Texas so far (besides Saban, obviously)?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/col...ing-search.ece

Eleazar 12-19-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10295326)
Who knows? Money talks, and Texas billionaires tend to have high opinions of themselves.

At the start of this process, people just seemed to feel that Texas could write a check for infinity dollars and get any living person they wanted. It does not seem that this is the case.

Bambi 12-19-2013 11:17 PM

My money is on David Shaw.

Pitt Gorilla 12-20-2013 12:19 AM

Heard Tomlin mentioned.

Eleazar 12-20-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10295771)
Heard Tomlin mentioned.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/col...ing-search.ece

Prison Bitch 12-20-2013 08:56 AM

Huge game tomorrow in Wichita between KSU & Gonzaga. Perhaps they'll both wear their West Regional participation ribbons on their warmups as they gaze into the rafters at the actual Final Four banner?

Saul Good 12-20-2013 09:02 AM

There are something like 13 QBs that played high school football in the state of Texas that have started a game in the NFL this season. None of them were Longhorns. Meanwhile, Texas has become a mediocre program without anything resembling a QB...and it's going to be worse next year. They have a DB and a TE competing for the starting QB spot.

WhawhaWhat 12-20-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10296116)
There are something like 13 QBs that played high school football in the state of Texas that have started a game in the NFL this season. None of them were Longhorns. Meanwhile, Texas has become a mediocre program without anything resembling a QB...and it's going to be worse next year. They have a DB and a TE competing for the starting QB spot.

Tyrone Swoopes was supposed to be pretty good wasn't he?

tredadda 12-20-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

LMAO How sad is that considering all that UT has going for it? Biggest school in a state that produces more D-1 talent than anyone and deep, deep pockets with world class facilities. That is an absolute travesty. UT should be a school in the running for a NC every year or at least be a top 10 team, not a meh team.

LiveSteam 12-20-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Thats awesome :LOL:

Bambi 12-20-2013 09:08 AM

Based on how the year's going UT took 2013 off and is concentrating on basketball. Crazy they can do that and still be CFB's most valuable program.

Saul Good 12-20-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10296118)
Tyrone Swoopes was supposed to be pretty good wasn't he?

He was, but he looked like shit. He's considered a dual threat QB, but he's not fast nor particularly athletic as far as I can tell. He reminds me of the kid Kansas was playing towards the end of the year...Kozarth or something like that. I'm not convinced he's a QB, and I'd be stunned if he's the kind of QB that will get Texas to where they think they belong.

Saul Good 12-20-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10296126)
Based on how the year's going UT took 2013 off and is concentrating on basketball. Crazy they can do that and still be CFB's most valuable program.

Good for them. Neither their football program nor their basketball program received any top 25 votes last week, but their basketball team could this week. Not many schools can be ranked in both sports, but Texas has the potential to build up to that level in a few years if they make the right coaching hires.

Eleazar 12-20-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10296120)
LMAO How sad is that considering all that UT has going for it? Biggest school in a state that produces more D-1 talent than anyone and deep, deep pockets with world class facilities. That is an absolute travesty. UT should be a school in the running for a NC every year or at least be a top 10 team, not a meh team.

It's pathetic for a school like Texas to lose every decent QB prospect to out-of-state schools.

WhawhaWhat 12-20-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10296132)
He was, but he looked like shit. He's considered a dual threat QB, but he's not fast nor particularly athletic as far as I can tell. He reminds me of the kid Kansas was playing towards the end of the year...Kozarth or something like that. I'm not convinced he's a QB, and I'd be stunned if he's the kind of QB that will get Texas to where they think they belong.

He's still plenty young, and Mack Brown burning his redshirt was ridiculous.