ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports **2012 Sporting Kansas City\Soccer Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252792)

Silock 07-07-2012 08:22 PM

I'm back to hating on Vermes. The system isn't working. He's got to find a way to put a lineup out there that can score goals.

|Zach| 07-07-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8724843)
I'm back to hating on Vermes. The system isn't working. He's got to find a way to put a lineup out there that can score goals.

lol.

|Zach| 07-07-2012 10:43 PM

Disappointing result. Kei and Zusi were way off. Huge mother****ing game on Wednesday.

Demonpenz 07-07-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8711427)
This season is gonna' end just like last season did: a defeat in the semi-finals because this team below-average at finishing chances.

Leaning towards this. Still a good team though.

Reaper16 07-07-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8725119)
Leaning towards this. Still a good team though.

Absolutely. It's rare to see a team this good (relative to the rest of the league in which they play) at everything except for putting the ball into the net. I can't think of a recent true comparison in any league.

I love to root for these guys; they play hard and the organization is top-to-bottom excellent. They don't have a good chance of winning this league, but they will come heartbreakingly close. I don't see that changing outside of a DP striker that can actually finish.

Demonpenz 07-07-2012 11:05 PM

Maybe we can get Jefferson back.

|Zach| 07-07-2012 11:17 PM

Apparently Steve Zakuani and Brian Mullen just traded jerseys after the SEA\COL game. That is an interesting iconic moment.

verbaljitsu 07-08-2012 02:11 AM

Some of those missed shots are heart breaking. We are due for a statistical correction.

Peterson is looking good. Im not sure whether Convey is still alive, but he is slowly losing his job.

As frustrating as the scoring drought is, it is hilarious watching other teams play 11 behind the ball for long stretches. No team in the league can hang up and down the field with kc except for san jose. Sporting will see more bunkering from the eastern conference the rest of the way. They will figure it out.

I want to see Kei, Saad, Sapong up top, with Soony in the middle.

Silock 07-08-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8725082)
lol.

What? The guys who are capable of scoring aren't being put in position to do so. Blasting shots 30' over the goal from 30 yards out isn't a good thing.

DJay23 07-08-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8725153)
Apparently Steve Zakuani and Brian Mullen just traded jerseys after the SEA\COL game. That is an interesting iconic moment.

It was pretty cool I thought. Mullen looked genuinely sorry, if you can look that way, during the exchange.

Demonpenz 07-08-2012 08:24 AM

This comes on the heals of thiesman and Lawrence taylor exchanging pain pills.

|Zach| 07-08-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8725273)
What? The guys who are capable of scoring aren't being put in position to do so. Blasting shots 30' over the goal from 30 yards out isn't a good thing.

I just still think it is hilarity that you only talk about Sporting when we don't play well. That will never not be funny.

|Zach| 07-08-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbaljitsu (Post 8725271)
Some of those missed shots are heart breaking. We are due for a statistical correction.

Peterson is looking good. Im not sure whether Convey is still alive, but he is slowly losing his job.

As frustrating as the scoring drought is, it is hilarious watching other teams play 11 behind the ball for long stretches. No team in the league can hang up and down the field with kc except for san jose. Sporting will see more bunkering from the eastern conference the rest of the way. They will figure it out.

I want to see Kei, Saad, Sapong up top, with Soony in the middle.

They really did put all those guys back...there were so many ****ing guys in those boxes.

I agree that the law of averages will swing back our way some here. The Houston shots were disappointing the Chicago shots were pretty on point but SJ just did a tremendous job. At the end of the day you have to knock em in and do a better job of creating chances from the center.

They seem to always do this "good shot better shot" thing Mizzou does in basketball but the better shot always seems to break up.

verbaljitsu 07-08-2012 01:30 PM

It is a little bit ridiculous to ridicule the coach of a team in first place in its conference and playing for a domestic cup finals berth.

Silock 07-08-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8725607)
I just still think it is hilarity that you only talk about Sporting when we don't play well. That will never not be funny.

Haven't we been over this? There's no need to vent when we play well. Unfortunately, we haven't really been playing well for a month and a half now.

And I talk Sporting plenty . . . Just not here.