ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

jiveturkey 03-03-2015 06:13 PM

Inferno takes some getting used to. I like the map rotation and I'm starting to figure out how to be sneaky. Bring a good primary because heavy only drops once

007 03-04-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 11357960)
Ill be on @ 7 CDT today. Im already done with my NFs for the week but Ill be happy to run through w you.

Sorry, I missed this. I was already scheduled for a Crotas End run at that time though so couldn't have played anyway. We will have to try for something this weekend maybe.

keg in kc 03-04-2015 05:22 AM

I don't like inferno at all. Maybe after I've pvped another 6 months and know the maps as well as everyone else. Just too much at a disadvantage now. I'd read on reddit that the loot seemed increased, but I didn't see a purple drop to anyone in 7 matches this morning, so I don't see a reason to waste any more time in it.

007 03-04-2015 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11359676)
I don't like inferno at all. Maybe after I've pvped another 6 months and know the maps as well as everyone else. Just too much at a disadvantage now. I'd read on reddit that the loot seemed increased, but I didn't see a purple drop to anyone in 7 matches this morning, so I don't see a reason to waste any more time in it.

Crotas End has been pretty kind to me the last few times in it. Nightly, on the other hand, hasn't.

jiveturkey 03-04-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11359676)

I've been seeing a ton of ship drop, similar to Iron Banner. I did see one person get Truth though. Some maps suck for this. Cauldron is one of them. If it's circular I'm screwed.

CanadianChief 03-04-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11358332)
Inferno takes some getting used to. I like the map rotation and I'm starting to figure out how to be sneaky. Bring a good primary because heavy only drops once

Are there a lot of shotgun campers in Inferno?

jiveturkey 03-04-2015 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11359724)
Are there a lot of shotgun campers in Inferno?

Not a lot but there are some. You really need to keep moving IMO. It's a quick pace than your typical control game.

keg in kc 03-04-2015 08:23 AM

I didn't see much camping at all. Usually during captures then everyone moves. Probably the most teamwork I've seen in crucible. Saw a few fusion rifles but probably 90% shotguns. Lots of hand cannons. I tried using thorn but I'm not very good with hand cannons.

One ship drop, nothing else that I saw. People were talking lots of ships and more exotics but not in my matches.

The matches were competitive (went 3-4 in 7, all close) but I feel like I'm detrimental to my fire team at this point, hence the frustration.

keg in kc 03-04-2015 11:30 AM

Ran 5 more Inferno just to see if anything would drop. The loot is complete shit. 1 ship dropped for my team (in 12 total matches). 2 dropped for the other team. And that's it.

keg in kc 03-04-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11359688)
Crotas End has been pretty kind to me the last few times in it. Nightly, on the other hand, hasn't.

I've never run Crota's End. The one time I ran Vault of Glass, all I got was shards and energy. That's usually how my luck goes, which is why I don't go out of my way to raid. I'd have to run 50 times to get the loot anybody else would get in 5.

keg in kc 03-04-2015 12:31 PM

Think I figured out part of my problem. I just tried Thorn again, and instead of headshots went for body shots. And the lag is so bad with some of these guys that I can fire a full mag into their body and get no hits. I thought my aim was the problem, but evidently that's it. Or at least not all of it. One guy was lagged out so badly that I hit him 4 times point blank with felwinter's lie, then he died 5 seconds later.

jiveturkey 03-04-2015 01:36 PM

Lag is the most frustrating part of PvP. I applaud excellent play. The blink masters with a shotgun always get a thumbs up from me.

But loosing to some asshole that has a terrible connection brings out the rage monster. I don't understand why they benefit from it. The person at the top of the score list is always in the red.

keg in kc 03-04-2015 02:00 PM

20 matches, 4 ships total (1 to my fireteam, none to me), no exotics. Just not worth it. Slowing my bounty gains too much. I'd stick with it if there was rep or a vendor or some special loot.

I was lucky with the groups, though. Badly as I played still went 12-8.

jiveturkey 03-04-2015 02:20 PM

I'm with ya. I'll be heading back to regular matches.

keg in kc 03-04-2015 02:32 PM

I did get to see a couple of maps I'd never been on, so that was fun. Had never seen the cauldron or pantheon. Grimoire says I'm still one short. Skyshock I think.