ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271360)

Hootie 03-28-2013 09:52 PM

man that is not even that big of a deal

people are so ****ing sensitive

KevB 03-28-2013 09:52 PM

Matt Norlander ‏@MattNorlander 10m
Fairly hilarious. RT @mgoblog: Will Tom Crean scream "you destroyed our program" at Cody Zeller after this one?

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-28-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9537131)
At the beginning of the night... he was sitting on the set with Gumbel, Barkley, Kenny Smith and Greg Anthony... said he was there to be the "white man's perspective" in the studio. It was incredibly awkward.

LMAO LMAO

Classic dipshit Gottlieb.

DeezNutz 03-28-2013 09:53 PM

You guys didn't see Barkley bash the "morons on Twitter," claiming that he and others on set "weren't offended"?

Gottlieb went with a diversity joke that fell ****ing flat. Said he was there to provide "the white man's perspective." Awkward silence ensues, and Gottlieb ends up apologizing later, apparently.

KC_Connection 03-28-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9537083)
I think the only white big guy I've liked in college basketball the past 5 years is that big ****ing guy from Kentucky the year Brandon Knight was their PG...he played his ass off, came out of nowhere, and ****ing dominated. I don't feel like looking up his name but I liked him.

**** all of the other white guys.

Harrelson, I believe. He was a scrub on some NBA benches for a while and now he's playing in Puerto Rico.

Hootie 03-28-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9537131)
At the beginning of the night... he was sitting on the set with Gumbel, Barkley, Kenny Smith and Greg Anthony... said he was there to be the "white man's perspective" in the studio. It was incredibly awkward. Relatively speaking.

I mean, yeah...he put his foot in his mouth, no doubt. But he didn't mean any ill will by it, he was trying to be funny I guess...I have a feeling when you're on TV like that it's a lot harder not to say stupid shit than it looks...

people are so sensitive about race...

if there were three white dudes and a black guy and the black guy was like "I'm just telling your from a brother's point-of-view" no one would probably notice.

KevB 03-28-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9537110)
Harrelson. Another St. Louis kid that Mizzou pissed away.

Yeah, they called him Jorts.

KC_Connection 03-28-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9537136)
You guys didn't see Barkley bash the "morons on Twitter," claiming that he and others on set "weren't offended"?

Gottlieb went with a diversity joke that fell ****ing flat. Said he was there to provide "the white man's perspective." Awkward silence ensues, and Gottlieb ends up apologizing later, apparently.

Wouldn't have been a problem on the TNT late night basketball show the way they throw around jokes, but not on CBS.

Coach 03-28-2013 09:54 PM

Shit.

Hootie 03-28-2013 09:54 PM

of course I'm not the guy to talk to about race since I just don't care so maybe I just don't get offended

I just realize that white people still look at black people like they are black people just like black people still look at white people like they are white people

it is what it is

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-28-2013 09:54 PM

Could Indiana have less urgency here?

DeezNutz 03-28-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9537139)
I mean, yeah...he put his foot in his mouth, no doubt. But he didn't mean any ill will by it, he was trying to be funny I guess...I have a feeling when you're on TV like that it's a lot harder not to say stupid shit than it looks...

if there were three white dudes and a black guy and the black guy was like "I'm just telling your from a brother's point-of-view" no one would probably notice.

If he would have said "the Jewish perspective" he would have been in the clear. No bullshit.

KevB 03-28-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Hard to believe that would be considered more awkward than 50% of what comes out of Barkley's mouth.

tk13 03-28-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

I think what made it worse is that it fell completely flat. Everyone just kind of awkwardly sat there like "Uh..." Greg Gumbel jokingly acted like he was going to walk off the desk to get away from him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-28-2013 09:57 PM

SVP and Rusillo were on a ****ing roll about 2:40 today.

Someone asked them which of the remaining mascots would win in a deathmatch, and while going through the list they stopped with Indiana and SVP said,

"A Hoosier is just a guy from Indiana right? Or a guy tweaked out on meth. Not that all Hoosier fans are tweaked out on meth..."

I almost sprained my diaphragm from laughing.