ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Hawk 10-18-2013 08:59 AM

Cersei may die soon, but if so it will have to be Jamie that kills her. We know it will be Jamie or Tyrion given the valonquar prophecy, and Tyrion is going to take a while to get anywhere near Cersei at this point in the story.

The sad part is that if zombie Gregor and the Hound do fight in Cersei's trial by battle, zombie Gregor has to win because otherwise Cersei would be put to death, and I don't think Jamie would be the one doing it. I was rather hoping the Hound would defeat Gregor, but I don't see how that's possible unless the prophecy was wrong (unlikely given that much of it has already come true).

Hard to know where things are heading in Kings Landing with Kevin Lannister now dead. How can Cersei get the power with all the Tyrells there? Aren't the Tyrells going to be in charge now?

Great Expectations 10-18-2013 09:05 AM

Jamie could be ordered to perform the execution, sounds like something George would write.

Amnorix 10-18-2013 09:12 AM

Hard to see Cercei dying soon. Don't think he's done torturing her yet.

Which probably means she dies immediately in the next book, of course, after Strong (who isn't Gregor) is defeated by someone who isn't the Hound...

TrickyNicky 10-18-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10095907)

Wish to hell he'd prepare a Brandon Sanderson or someone to take over if he dies before he's done. Robert Jordan's wife was closely involved in the Wheel of Time project, too, so it was possible to hand the ball off. I'm worried we're going to get to the 15 yard line with the ball, one timeout, down by four with 35 seconds left, and the power is going to go out... :shake:

He has, somewhat. His protege of sorts is Daniel Abraham, who has his own fantasy and Sci Fi series out, and is writing the comic adaptation of ASoIaF.

Frazod 10-18-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10095921)
I never thought of that, but that would be the cruelest twist of all. Hilarious. :LOL:

And yet.... :shake: :cuss:

He's probably already made arrangements to have "Still working on those last few hundred pages" carved on his tombstone. LMAO

Amnorix 10-18-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 10096138)
He has, somewhat. His protege of sorts is Daniel Abraham, who has his own fantasy and Sci Fi series out, and is writing the comic adaptation of ASoIaF.

Ah, well that's good to hear anyway.

Amnorix 10-18-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10096162)
He's probably already made arrangements to have "Still working on those last few hundred pages" carved on his tombstone. LMAO

You're probably right.

"Sorry, but winter came for me before I could finish"?

mdchiefsfan 10-18-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10096162)

ROFL

BigRedChief 10-18-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10096116)
Hard to see Cercei dying soon. Don't think he's done torturing her yet.

Which probably means she dies immediately in the next book, of course, after Strong (who isn't Gregor) is defeated by someone who isn't the Hound...

So you think a silent mountain of a man just appears out of nowhere? A completely new person in the story line?

vailpass 10-18-2013 05:26 PM

I want to see a shaved naked Cercei marched through the streets. After that, don't care.

Baby Lee 10-18-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10097498)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Krz-dyD-UQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for that, Chief. Seems like hours since last we saw.

KcMizzou 10-18-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10097632)
Thanks for that, Chief. Seems like hours since last we saw.

Ah, sorry. Hadn't seen it posted.

BigRedChief 10-19-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10097155)
I want to see a shaved naked Cercei marched through the streets.

Me likee that idea. It's HBO, show us all of Cersri.

BigRedChief 10-20-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8629501)
They did have the one scene this year with bran's wolf walking up the stairs behind hodor and then stopping right on his bed. Probably the most warg moment so far.

Bran is a big part of the books but he is almost an after thought in the series.

Pants 10-20-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10101298)
Bran is a big part of the books but he is almost an after thought in the series.

I thought they devoted plenty of screen time to Bran. I think Arya is the one who's getting shorted the most so far, but I could just be misremembering.