ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Ceej 08-14-2013 01:21 PM

KU v. Duke in Chicago is going to be so bad-assed.

saphojunkie 08-14-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9884678)
KU v. Duke in Chicago is going to be so bad-assed.

Jabari vs. Wiggins.

You can bet every single NBA GM is going to be on hand.

Ceej 08-14-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9884747)
Jabari vs. Wiggins.

You can bet every single NBA GM is going to be on hand.

Can't. ****ing. Wait.

saphojunkie 08-14-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9884751)
Can't. ****ing. Wait.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/94073b5c3...c69yo1_400.gif

Braincase 08-14-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9884189)
Kansas just needs to let Conner Frankamp shoot the ball ALL DAY LONG.

Making 400-410 shots in a single workout with his dad? That's one of the most impressive things I've heard someone do relating to basketball.

Had a garage sale last weekend, and Aaron Miles came by and picked up some children's books for his kids (heads back to Russia at the end of August, found out he lived a block over from me). We got to talking about this years team, and when I asked about Frankamp his eyes got big. Said he hits everything from everywhere. He said Greene needs to be at least a 3 year player, Embiid needs two years, but could go after one just on his potential . Tariq Black is going to be a leader and heavy contributor this season, and he is strong. Selden and Wiggins are as real as it gets. Had dinner with Sasha every now and then, as his team plays Sasha's team twice a year. Pretty cool conversation.

DJay23 08-14-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9885094)
Had a garage sale last weekend, and Aaron Miles came by and picked up some children's books for his kids (heads back to Russia at the end of August, found out he lived a block over from me). We got to talking about this years team, and when I asked about Frankamp his eyes got big. Said he hits everything from everywhere. He said Greene needs to be at least a 3 year player, Embiid needs two years, but could go after one just on his potential . Tariq Black is going to be a leader and heavy contributor this season, and he is strong. Selden and Wiggins are as real as it gets. Had dinner with Sasha every now and then, as his team plays Sasha's team twice a year. Pretty cool conversation.

That's pretty cool, I'm a lot jealous.

Al Czervik 08-14-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Thanks for passing along BC....
Good info

BWillie 08-14-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Wow pretty cool. I didn't know Aaron Miles was around. Good to hear he still has roots here. Was a hell of a player, probably one of the more underrated guards we have had. Just as good as Jacque Vaughn IMO

Braincase 08-14-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9885672)
Wow pretty cool. I didn't know Aaron Miles was around. Good to hear he still has roots here. Was a hell of a player, probably one of the more underrated guards we have had. Just as good as Jacque Vaughn IMO

It was one of the cooler things to have happened to me as a KU fan. To be honest, he was just flat out cool, just another guy in the neighborhood - who happened to spend the summer working out with the KU basketball team. He likes talking about basketball and his kids. I got the feeling he didn't like being away from his family for such a long period of time, but he wanted to put down roots in Lawrence. I have no clue what they pay in Russia, but I got the idea he was doing a good job taking care of his money. Nothing extravagant.

cmh6476 08-14-2013 10:13 PM

Just added all the KU games on my outlook calendar PBJ

ku/ duke is on my bday ;)

BWillie 08-15-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 9886230)
Just added all the KU games on my outlook calendar PBJ

ku/ duke is on my bday ;)

I'm pretty sure I'm hitting STL up for some poker and then heading to Chi Town for that game. Should be a fun time. Who says you can't have fun in Chicago on a Tuesday? Psh.

Mr. Laz 08-25-2013 10:24 AM

http://s23.postimg.org/md04a1jmj/jayhawk_Phog2.jpg

Ceej 08-25-2013 10:56 AM

Larry Brown snagged a top 5 recruit for SMU.

Good for him.

RustShack 08-25-2013 04:16 PM

Quit recruiting Vaughn! He's coming to Iowa State!

RockChalk 08-25-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9886078)
It was one of the cooler things to have happened to me as a KU fan. To be honest, he was just flat out cool, just another guy in the neighborhood - who happened to spend the summer working out with the KU basketball team. He likes talking about basketball and his kids. I got the feeling he didn't like being away from his family for such a long period of time, but he wanted to put down roots in Lawrence. I have no clue what they pay in Russia, but I got the idea he was doing a good job taking care of his money. Nothing extravagant.

Not sure how I missed this...Cool story

He plays in our Wednesday night softball league in the Spring/Summer. Really great guy. Definitely easy to talk to. Glad to see he's that way with everyone