ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

B14ckmon 01-24-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9348933)
WTF is going on in here...?

TyMoney Wilson is making the Geno guys sweat.

Sorter 01-24-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9348915)
Could you please elaborate on this? I don't disagree (honestly), but I'd like to hear why you believe this. What is "Reid's Offense", and what are the attributes of Geno, Wilson and Barkley that specifically help or hinder them within Reid's system?

Reid's WCO is one that utilizes more vertical routes (go routes and posts, double moves, sluggos, etc) than most WCOs in terms of frequency (McCarthy's WCO is fairly similar now. They both love the PA inside zone with the Z running the post in base personnel. Look at Jordy Nelson's highlights from last year). Reid's also stressed an importance (but possibly due to the QBs he's had) on mobility and utilizing boots, PA off the stretch play (Reid utilizes a ZB system for the run game).

Because of Geno's quickness (but not pure speed), he utilizes/sells the stretch/bootleg on PA better than Wilson or the other prospects.

Wilson is a good fit for this WCO variant bc he's got solid accuracy down the field and is fairly athletic himself.

Barkley appears to be the worst fit for Reids WCO and ironically the best fit for a traditional WCO (ala the Browns recently, 49ers with Alex Smith and previously, etc) as his weaknesses are arm strength and mobility/quickness.

Sorter 01-24-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9348936)
TyMoney Wilson is making the Geno guys sweat.

No, I'd be happy with either. I think that Geno fits Andy's philosophies better than Wilson and probably has a higher ceiling and better physical tools. One week for the SR bowl isn't going to significantly alter my views on either prospect.

NJChiefsFan 01-24-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9348604)
Hand size: Important

Dick size: Most important

Draft Geno

Careful with the dick jokes or Dr. Serious will get mad at you again.

RealSNR 01-24-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9348915)
Could you please elaborate on this? I don't disagree (honestly), but I'd like to hear why you believe this. What is "Reid's Offense", and what are the attributes of Geno, Wilson and Barkley that specifically help or hinder them within Reid's system?

Geno's Air Raid system depended on spread out receivers, putting them in good positions to get yards after the catch, and using the run to supplement the pass, not set it up. Geno excelled at throwing well-timed and accurate short passes, which is the staple of the West Coast offense. What he ran in college looks similar to what Andy Reid will have him do in the pros.

I have no clue what kind of offense Tyler Wilson runs, but from what I've seen it's certainly not a West Coast offense. He rolls out a ton, always looks downfield, and waits for the WRs to create separation before he throws. That, or he anticipates the cut in the route so he throws his guy open.

mdchiefsfan 01-24-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9348968)
No, I'd be happy with either. I think that Geno fits Andy's philosophies better than Wilson and probably has a higher ceiling and better physical tools. One week for the SR bowl isn't going to significantly alter my views on either prospect.

This. It's been pretty well documented that the Geno crowd wants a qb with the first overall, but if Tyler Wilson outshines him and is selected, instead of Geno, there won't be much fuss at all

Mr_Tomahawk 01-24-2013 08:22 PM

This thread has doubled in posts in the last week...

NJChiefsFan 01-24-2013 08:22 PM

It's a good day when Wilson or Geno get some love and Joeckel loses some ground and/or other OL guys make the position more even.

In time Wilson and Geno should hopefully make this a lot less stressful for all of us.

Sorter 01-24-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9348997)
Geno's Air Raid system depended on spread out receivers, putting them in good positions to get yards after the catch, and using the run to supplement the pass, not set it up. Geno excelled at throwing well-timed and accurate short passes, which is the staple of the West Coast offense. What he ran in college looks similar to what Andy Reid will have him do in the pros.

I have no clue what kind of offense Tyler Wilson runs, but from what I've seen it's certainly not a West Coast offense. He rolls out a ton, always looks downfield, and waits for the WRs to create separation before he throws. That, or he anticipates the cut in the route so he throws his guy open.

IIRC, Petrino is a E/P guy which is why he was hired by Tom Coughlin for the Jags

NJChiefsFan 01-24-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9349008)
This thread has doubled in posts in the last week...

I think it will only gain more traction when it pans out that Geno and Wilson are above the rest.

Smed1065 01-24-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9348376)
First, the amount of training/knowledge that goes into being a nuclear physicist is significantly greater than that required to work in the NFL. Period.

This is a ridiculous analogy.

I wish this moron would put his name behind his twitter handle.

Matt Millen

Smed1065 01-24-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9348395)
i don't understand why we wouldn't resign him.. Unless there is a huge issue with his back that the staff knows about and we don't. I want to keep Albert very bad, i think he's a great LT.

Hope these guys are stupid and wrong

If they hang out with you, No worries.

fairladyZ 01-24-2013 08:39 PM

i see what you did there... good one!

Canofbier 01-24-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9348959)
Reid's WCO is one that utilizes more vertical routes (go routes and posts, double moves, sluggos, etc) than most WCOs in terms of frequency (McCarthy's WCO is fairly similar now. They both love the PA inside zone with the Z running the post in base personnel. Look at Jordy Nelson's highlights from last year). Reid's also stressed an importance (but possibly due to the QBs he's had) on mobility and utilizing boots, PA off the stretch play (Reid utilizes a ZB system for the run game).

Because of Geno's quickness (but not pure speed), he utilizes/sells the stretch/bootleg on PA better than Wilson or the other prospects.

Wilson is a good fit for this WCO variant bc he's got solid accuracy down the field and is fairly athletic himself.

Barkley appears to be the worst fit for Reids WCO and ironically the best fit for a traditional WCO (ala the Browns recently, 49ers with Alex Smith and previously, etc) as his weaknesses are arm strength and mobility/quickness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9348997)

Solid summaries; thanks for sharing. I agree that Geno's physical tools and experience match Reid's aggressive WCO nicely. He's my first choice for our #1 pick.

As time goes on, though, I can't help but like Wilson more and more; I think he's done quite a bit to help his stock during this week. His interviews have been solid (and genuine) and I've read reports that his progress has been noticeable throughout the week of practice. If his intelligence and ability to learn continue to show signs of strength, I believe that he has the physical tools to be worth the top pick.

His relatively small hands worried me at first, but others in this thread have said that his fumble count was low (and I was unable to find an exact number myself). I don't worry much about him fumbling the ball frequently if he managed to hang onto it behind Arkansas' nasty 2012 line. It will be interesting to see what he does during the game.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-24-2013 09:14 PM

JACK HARRY ‏@JACKHARRYKSHB

Lot of chat about Tyler Wilson and the Chiefs. An interview with the Arkansas QB tonight at 10 from Senior bowl in Mobile. He's a talker.