ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What? No "Sons of Anarchy" Thread? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190559)

cosmo20002 04-08-2015 12:00 PM

Started watching this several weeks ago. Just started season 5.
Some WTF moments...but really solid show overall.

It is becoming a little comical to me though--I know they are outlaws and everything--but if on any given day there's about a 90% chance that someone is going roll up and start shooting at you, kidnap you, or kidnap your wife and or/kids...maybe find something else to do. Jax is trying to get out, but I'd try to hurry it up a little.

Coochie liquor 04-08-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11425186)
Started watching this several weeks ago. Just started season 5.
Some WTF moments...but really solid show overall.

It is becoming a little comical to me though--I know they are outlaws and everything--but if on any given day there's about a 90% chance that someone is going roll up and start shooting at you, kidnap you, or kidnap your wife and or/kids...maybe find something else to do. Jax is trying to get out, but I'd try to hurry it up a little.

Who's your face character? I always liked Clay the best. My wife hated him lol

Mav 04-08-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11425385)

Opie, then Tig

NewChief 04-08-2015 09:44 PM

I'm finishing season 4. The relentless shitstorm the club finds themselves in gets old after a while. The twist with the CIA at end of season 4 is solid though

NewChief 04-08-2015 09:55 PM

Also: has there ever been a series that is more in love with the musical montage to move plots along? It seems like it happens every other episode with about 8 minutes to go.

cosmo20002 04-08-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11426606)
Also: has there ever been a series that is more in love with the musical montage to move plots along? It seems like it happens every other episode with about 8 minutes to go.

I've noticed that, but I'll give them credit--there's not a lot of fluff in these shows. They keep things moving. Seems like a lot of even good shows have so much filler in them to stretch out the story, add episodes, add seasons...

I'm looking at you, Walking Dead...

kcxiv 04-08-2015 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11426623)
I've noticed that, but I'll give them credit--there's not a lot of fluff in these shows. They keep things moving. Seems like a lot of even good shows have so much filler in them to stretch out the story, add episodes, add seasons...

I'm looking at you, Walking Dead...

Walking Dead is just printing money left and right,t hey would be absolutely stupid to not have some filler. Why just leave insane money on the table? its like like a baseball player taking the 200 million contract over the 100million that the farm system team offered him. Its like take the money stupid. lol

Deberg_1990 04-09-2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11426606)

It got worse as the show went along.

The first few seasons every show was an hour and tight

As it went along, the ratings were high and Fx kept extendibg episodes out to 90 minutes and longer

NewChief 04-09-2015 10:21 PM

Gemma freaking sucks so hard.

cosmo20002 04-10-2015 12:12 AM

...and I think we just jumped the shark.
Season 6, Ep 7.

There's been a little decline in quality, but now we're rescuing a tranny's kid...

And Tara lying to everyone to set up Gemma...a little ridiculous.

cosmo20002 04-10-2015 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11426675)
Walking Dead is just printing money left and right,t hey would be absolutely stupid to not have some filler. Why just leave insane money on the table? its like like a baseball player taking the 200 million contract over the 100million that the farm system team offered him. Its like take the money stupid. lol

I understand why they do it, it is just making the show almost unwatchable to me. It doesn't have to be non-stop shoot-outs and action, but some of the scenes are like watching paint dry. Some of these 8-episode "seasons" they have could be cut in half and nothing would be missed.

cosmo20002 04-10-2015 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11425385)

It's hard to actually "like" any of them--they are all pretty horrible people. Even the kind-of good guys on the show are bad guys.
Tig is pretty entertaining. Dude is pretty hilariously ****ed up.

kcxiv 04-10-2015 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11428377)
I understand why they do it, it is just making the show almost unwatchable to me. It doesn't have to be non-stop shoot-outs and action, but some of the scenes are like watching paint dry. Some of these 8-episode "seasons" they have could be cut in half and nothing would be missed.

except millions and millions of dollars. That show crushes any network tv show. I never seen anything like it. its a ****ing beast.

IM curious to see if the spin off will do well. IM going to say yes, because for some reason people just love zombie stuff.

Katipan 04-10-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11428378)
It's hard to actually "like" any of them--they are all pretty horrible people. Even the kind-of good guys on the show are bad guys.
Tig is pretty entertaining. Dude is pretty hilariously ****ed up.

Best part of the shitty show finale was Tiggy driving through a warehouse full of dolls.

NewChief 04-10-2015 12:25 PM

I think I may have to take a break from this show again (4 episodes into Season 5). Characters are annoying me too much, and the plot just feels like a never ending slog through club ****ups.

Though I do want to see Jax **** Pope up at some point.