ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

alnorth 03-15-2012 04:51 PM

Royals starters are done for the night. Cain hit his 2nd homer.

Duffy 3IP 2R 2ER 2BB 2K
Soria 2IP 3R 3ER 0BB 2K
Mijares 1IP 0R 0ER 0BB 0K

Woulda liked to see a better day out of Duffy, since he's competing for a spot. Not worried about Soria yet, he may have been working on something and not necessarily trying to get everyone out.

Gordon 0/2, 1BB
Giavotella 1/3
Hosmer 2/3, 1BB
Butler 0/3
Maier 1/3
Cain 1/3, 1K, 1HR
Betancourt 2/3 (1 double)
Pena 0/2
Falu 1/2

DeezNutz 03-15-2012 04:52 PM

Great news about I'll See Deez. Definitely looking like the Greinke trade might be a big win for DM, and he'll deserve a shit ton of credit.

SnakeXJones 03-15-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8457782)
Great news about I'll See Deez. Definitely looking like the Greinke trade might be a big win for DM, and he'll deserve a shit ton of credit.

Absolutely plus Greinke was a big head case so thats a bigger win

tredadda 03-15-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8457782)

Agree, I think we won and possibly won big in the Greinke deal, especially if Odorizzi becomes a solid starter.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-15-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8457271)
Looks like the Yankees will kick ass in 2018....

Having trouble with that kinder, more optimistic blowfish resolution I take it.

LMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-15-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8457315)
I think you've tapped into DM's wildest daydream.

Wild-Ass daydream scenario:

2012: KC finishes 6 games back of Detroit, but grabs the 2nd wild card. They fly down to Texas for the game, but sadly they lose. Playoff baseball in KC has to wait.

2013: The Royals again lose the division, this time in a 163rd tiebreaker game in Detroit. Kansas City hosts the Angels, wins the Wild Card game, then goes on to end their postseason in Tampa Bay.

2014: The Tigers are finally done, not only losing the division to the Royals, but also a Wild Card spot to the Indians and are out of the playoffs altogether. Royals go on to win the American League, but lose the World Series 4 games to 2.

2015: Royals win 117 games with one of the most prolific offensive performances in the modern era. The Royals go on to thrash all comers, winning the World Series in 5 games.

offseason: Moustakas, having blossomed into a good 3rd baseman, though not a perennial all-star, is signed through 2020. Negotiations with Boras go nowhere on Hosmer, but the Royals are not going to consider trading him, not when they have a title to defend.

2016: The offense regresses, but 2 pitchers (no idea who) that definitely took massive steps in 2014 and 2015, finally establishes themselves as a monstrous double-ace threat in baseball. Royals win 119 games in a down year for the AL. Gamblers who want to take the field against Boston, New York, and KC are offered 15:1 odds. Royals win the World Series in 7.

sometime in some offseason between 2014 and 2017: The Royals long-term TV deal with FSKC expires (when the hell does it expire, anyway?), sparking a fierce bidding war for broadcast rights. Royals execs are giddy at finally seeing multiple bidders. (as in more than 1, with the 1 bidder not really all that interested, and grudgingly agreeing to show some games offered up by a KC franchise with hat in hand)

2017: The AL Central greatly improves. Royals win the division by only 2 games, Twins and Indians take both Wild Cards, other divisions are won by Baltimore and Oakland. The White Sox lose 114 games. Royals sweep the World Series.

offseason: Hosmer enters free agency, but the Royals are now awash in TV money and sign him to a long-term deal.

The world can just go ahead and end now so we can pretend that happened. I'll be fine with that dream.

OmahaChief 03-15-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8457777)
Not worried about Soria yet, he may have been working on something and not necessarily trying to get everyone out.

I think it is time to worry. He was a gas can a good part of last year and his spring training looks like he is some A ball pitcher. I know pitchers work on stuff but I am more worried his stuff is just gone.

Three7s 03-15-2012 10:03 PM

This pitching is shit. We'll have to beat everyone 15-11.

alnorth 03-15-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 8459146)

Maybe not to that extreme, but this season, if you plan to watch a game, you should probably hope that we score more than 5.

Demonpenz 03-16-2012 09:31 AM

last year even when Soria got saves it always seemed like the ball was hit hard somewhere. I would love to see jefferson in the closer roll because black people look cool anywhere you put them.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-16-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8460085)
last year even when Soria got saves it always seemed like the ball was hit hard somewhere. I would love to see jefferson in the closer roll because black people look cool anywhere you put them.

Except in a barbershop quartet, but then no one looks good in one of those.

Deberg_1990 03-16-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 8459146)

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8459167)
Maybe not to that extreme, but this season, if you plan to watch a game, you should probably hope that we score more than 5.

So basically nothing has changed for 20 years then.

alnorth 03-16-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8460250)
So basically nothing has changed for 20 years then.

Well, this year we probably will score more than 5 fairly often.

duncan_idaho 03-16-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 8458765)
I think it is time to worry. He was a gas can a good part of last year and his spring training looks like he is some A ball pitcher. I know pitchers work on stuff but I am more worried his stuff is just gone.

Gas can would be a good way to describe Soria in May, when he blew four saves and had an ERA approaching 9. He went 21-23 in save opportunities the rest of the year, with a 2.58 ERA and 9.6 K/9.

Basically, Soria had a shitty month early, dumped the cutter he had picked up over the offseason because it was not effective, and pitched the rest of the season at his career averages.

The cutter experiment failed horrendously, but at least he dumped it early.

alnorth 03-16-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8460296)
Gas can would be a good way to describe Soria in May, when he blew four saves and had an ERA approaching 9. He went 21-23 in save opportunities the rest of the year, with a 2.58 ERA and 9.6 K/9.

Basically, Soria had a shitty month early, dumped the cutter he had picked up over the offseason because it was not effective, and pitched the rest of the season at his career averages.

The cutter experiment failed horrendously, but at least he dumped it early.

"Mariano Rivera has pitched effectively into his 40's in this league with a cut fastball, maybe I should learn to throw it, too" *one month later* "Wow, that sucked"