ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

jiveturkey 03-04-2015 02:42 PM

Skyshock sucks. It's huge and basically becomes a sniper contest. Not my kind of game. It's perfect for the Combined Arms mode.

I wish that the other two were part of the regular rotations. Playing just the 3 new maps is boring.

007 03-04-2015 04:21 PM

I'm really surprised that bungie hasn't done a little more about the people upset with the random drops.

There are enough people upset with it that they really should fix it.

keg in kc 03-04-2015 04:26 PM

It's a carrot. Not always a pleasant one but it keeps grinders grinding.

007 03-05-2015 12:08 AM

Well they ****ed around with crota today. The event timing was all out of whack.

jiveturkey 03-05-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11361524)
Well they ****ed around with crota today. The event timing was all out of whack.

That's usually a lag issue. The game is actually hosted by a member of the fireteam and if the person hosting it has a shitty connection it will throw off the entire fight.

When that happens go to orbit and then load back in.

007 03-05-2015 08:40 AM

We did that as well as going under a different member and nothing changed. Everyone in the group had a green connection too

jiveturkey 03-05-2015 09:36 AM

That sucks. It almost always fixed our issues.

I'm glad that I've been able to retire from that Raid. I'll still run the easy mode for fun but I've avoided hard mode like it had flaming aids.

CanadianChief 03-05-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11361772)
That sucks. It almost always fixed our issues.

I'm glad that I've been able to retire from that Raid. I'll still run the easy mode for fun but I've avoided hard mode like it had flaming aids.

I'm in the same boat. Our entire fireteam has all the HM weapons (minus the Crux which we could care less about). I was just investing too much time a week into raiding and Nightfalls. Time to cut back a bit until the new DLC drops. I've also been spending more time playing PvP which I'm enjoying more.

jiveturkey 03-05-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11361936)
I'm in the same boat. Our entire fireteam has all the HM weapons (minus the Crux which we could care less about). I was just investing too much time a week into raiding and Nightfalls. Time to cut back a bit until the new DLC drops. I've also been spending more time playing PvP which I'm enjoying more.

Same boat. I'm loving PvP.

The occasional easy Crota or hard Vault is fun and trying to solo Nightfalls. If I score a solid weapon I'll jump into bounties so I can upgrade it.

I've got a minimum of rank 3 with all of the vendors (including crucible) and max vanguard and crucible marks on all 3 characters. I'm hoping that the Reef isn't all new vendors that have the best gear with the Tower staying at current levels. I picture that being their way of slowing us down. Similar to what they tried to commendations.

keg in kc 03-05-2015 11:52 AM

I've gone a little nuts with the ranks. Hunter is 14 cryptarch, 12 vanguard, 15 fwc and max eris. Titan is 15 cryptarch, 7 vanguard, 15 new monarchy and max eris. Warlock is 39 cryptarch, 15 vanguard, 3 crucible, 25 dead orbit, 2 each fwc and new monarchy and max eris. I won't worry about capping marks until closer to the dlc in May.

jiveturkey 03-05-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11362112)
I've gone a little nuts with the ranks. Hunter is 14 cryptarch, 12 vanguard, 15 fwc and max eris. Titan is 15 cryptarch, 7 vanguard, 15 new monarchy and max eris. Warlock is 39 cryptarch, 15 vanguard, 3 crucible, 25 dead orbit, 2 each fwc and new monarchy and max eris. I won't worry about capping marks until closer to the dlc in May.

I just don't know what to spend marks on. I'm considering a new set of armor that I would use exclusively in PvP. The Crota armor doesn't have perks that are very useful in there.

CanadianChief 03-05-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11362239)
I just don't know what to spend marks on. I'm considering a new set of armor that I would use exclusively in PvP. The Crota armor doesn't have perks that are very useful in there.

I've been spending mine on a crap load of materials to upgrade my guns. I've got a Hunger, Black Hammer, Ice Breaker and Swordbreaker for all three of my Guardians now.

CanadianChief 03-05-2015 01:47 PM

Plus I just finally had the MIDA Tool drop for me twice in this weeks Nightfalls so I have to upgrade one of those as well.

keg in kc 03-05-2015 02:30 PM

I got two of the same warlock helms this week, once from nightfall once from a purple engram. And I already had a third one.

I've been using marks to get gear to level for mats since I don't run vog. And crucible marks to get new gear that the vanguard doesn't offer, like pulse rifle/shotgun warlock chest from fwc. Oh, and the dead orbit arc machine gun. Only arc heavy I have.

Clyde Frog 03-05-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11359555)
Sorry, I missed this. I was already scheduled for a Crotas End run at that time though so couldn't have played anyway. We will have to try for something this weekend maybe.

Sounds good, dude. I already have everything I want and am 21 radiant shards away 3 x 32 toons. Im always down to help. I troll LFG to help groups running sword on Crota. Just hearing how stoked they are to get stuff after wiping for a long time due to any amount of reasons is always awesome.