ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

BigRedChief 07-21-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9824811)
Are you glad you read the book chronologically?

I'm only through the 3rd book but yeah, skipping over what you have seen on TV would have been a big mistake. He is a good writer. Lots of detail, I do like the TV version better than the book version of those major events.

mdchiefsfan 07-21-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9824874)
I'm only through the 3rd book but yeah, skipping over what you have seen on TV would have been a big mistake. He is a good writer. Lots of detail, I do like the TV version better than the book version of those major events.

I really believe he is so detailed so that he can sneak things past you. I am going through the 4th book again to see what I have missed. But he goes on and on with the description of clothing and feasts then sneaks the important nugget of info right past you. He is a crafty bastard.

vailpass 07-21-2013 11:21 AM

I've read them all twice now. Amazing what I picked up on the second time that I missed in the first. But Damn I can do without the page long descriptions of what they ate or what they were wearing.

BigRedChief 07-21-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9825231)
I've read them all twice now. Amazing what I picked up on the second time that I missed in the first. But Damn I can do without the page long descriptions of what they ate or what they were wearing.

Yeah that is tiresome. But I guess to get the detail you want, you have to wade through the tiresome detail. Overall his detail is amazing to read. Paints a vivid picture.

Should I stay out of the spoiler thread until I read all the books?

BigRedChief 07-21-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9824883)
I really believe he is so detailed so that he can sneak things past you. I am going through the 4th book again to see what I have missed. But he goes on and on with the description of clothing and feasts then sneaks the important nugget of info right past you. He is a crafty bastard.

No kidding. I have read past things in the book and then stopped and went back and put that info with another part of the book though unrelated still shines on that part of the book.

Like I said before fantasy is not really my bag, but his writing is amazing. Got my wife reading the first book. She loves Denerys.

MagicHef 07-22-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9826085)
Yeah that is tiresome. But I guess to get the detail you want, you have to wade through the tiresome detail. Overall his detail is amazing to read. Paints a vivid picture.

Yes, stay out of there until you're caught up.

allen_kcCard 07-22-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9826830)
Yes, stay out of there until you're caught up.

Yup, down to the very last chapter caughtup.

mdchiefsfan 07-23-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Yes. I got burned trying to discuss something from ASOS that hadn't occurred in the show yet, and the post I read killed an entire POV chapter in AFFC. All it takes is that one post and you're toast.

We could maybe start a thread, just for each book, if you have questions and don't want to know more than the point you are at....

vailpass 07-23-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Definitely stay out of there until you get through the books.

Fire Me Boy! 07-23-2013 12:52 PM

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/1958/nxj4.jpg

Hawk 07-25-2013 10:52 AM

Hahaha, awesome! Love the ending with Theon...classic!

BigRedChief 07-28-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9792105)
Awesome character! Can't wait!

I saw the Red Viper announcement and I thought who??? Read the part of the series with the Red Viper starts and wow he does stand out. I hope the TV does him justice. It will be cool to see him come to life.:thumb:

mdchiefsfan 07-28-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9840097)
I saw the Red Viper announcement and I thought who??? Read the part of the series with the Red Viper starts and wow he does stand out. I hope the TV does him justice. It will be cool to see him come to life.:thumb:

I know the ending of this last season has everybody wondering how they can top season 3, but if season 4 is done right it will be one of the best seasons of television ever witnessed.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.co...8031181925.jpg

BigRedChief 07-28-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9840106)
I know the ending of this last season has everybody wondering how they can top season 3, but if season 4 is done right it will be one of the best seasons of television ever witnessed.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.co...8031181925.jpg

Season 4 will top Season 3. They will need to increase the CGI budget.There is plenty of material and shockers to send the audience into a "red wedding" type of tizzy.;)

Shogun 07-28-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9802928)
Doesn't it say in the books that it's made with over 1000 swords?

they say it in the show too. little finger says to varys " and they say this throne was made of 1000s of swords but it is hardly that " something along those lines