ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

ChiefsOne 04-11-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10554817)
Which would explain why they're all on something lol

I would suspect that most of the hate toward Crossfit is directed at the "My warmup is your workout" crowd bullshit and those that praise rhabdo as a good thing. Fortunately, I think this has gotten severely watered down simply as a matter of the numbers of participants in Crossfit has risen. Less stupidity per capita.

Not sure who that is directed at "my warm up is your workout". CF crowd or gym crowd? I've said it many times "Get real, with that weight. That's usually my warm up". After a few rounds of no rest at multiple reps I'm humbled!

ChiefsOne 04-11-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10554826)
No one thinks these guys are drug free. NO ONE. Except maybe Sac.

Everyone knows that they're on something. They get called out CONSTANTLY. You don't even have to be Mr. Olympia to get called out on PEDs. Even if you're just a quasi-fitness celeb doing YouTube videos, if you're on something, people will call you out.

It's not specific to Crossfit. People call out the juicers in EVERY aspect of fitness and BB.

I think most are drug free, I don't know any that are on something. Granted we don't discuss it, but they sure don't look like it to me. I know and have seen many people juicing over they years, none of the CF people have the look of someone on steroids. Maybe other PEDs, but not the real good stuff.

BigCatDaddy 04-11-2014 02:33 PM

Interesting. Not only does keto make you shredded possible major benefits in fighting cancer.

http://patrickarnoldblog.com/can-ket...n-cure-cancer/

Silock 04-11-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10556134)
Not meaning you don't understand the program or how it works, I meant how grueling it is. On paper (computer screen) doesn't look that tough. I've been humbled many times.

I agree that it can be hard. But as has been said before, just because it's hard, that doesn't mean it is optimal.

Silock 04-11-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10556147)
Not sure who that is directed at "my warm up is your workout". CF crowd or gym crowd? I've said it many times "Get real, with that weight. That's usually my warm up". After a few rounds of no rest at multiple reps I'm humbled!

Anyone with that attitude is a douche, regardless if it's CF or anything else.

ChiefsOne 04-11-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10555019)
So (to lighten the mood a bit), does anyone else get annoyed at the people (yes, I've seen guys do it, too) who spend five minutes between sets on the weight machines texting? I mean, really? I see it all the time while I'm on the treadmill. The only reason you should have your phone on you during a workout is if your music is on it or if you're expecting a medical emergency of a loved one. Annoys the shit out of me. Even more so than girls who come to the gym with their guys, wear jeans, and actually act like they're able to spot their men while they're doing a press. Get the **** out of my way. Don't you even dare to look up at me as I walk past you.

Whew! I know I feel better now. :)

Texting and talking bug the crap out of me too. I don't believe you can focus while doing that or even in between. I do get on my phone between most sets or downtime, but I am logging my workout. I tracked my workouts in notebooks for 25 years (and still have them), but now "I have an app for that"!

Silock 04-11-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10556155)
I think most are drug free, I don't know any that are on something. Granted we don't discuss it, but they sure don't look like it to me. I know and have seen many people juicing over they years, none of the CF people have the look of someone on steroids. Maybe other PEDs, but not the real good stuff.

Doesn't have to be steroids to be effective.

Silock 04-11-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10556184)
Texting and talking bug the crap out of me too. I don't believe you can focus while doing that or even in between.

If I have five minutes between my sets, why do I need to focus for five whole minutes? That sounds mentally exhausting.

ChiefsOne 04-11-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10555098)
I don't care. I'm ****ing her. They're not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10556177)
Anyone with that attitude is a douche, regardless if it's CF or anything else.

Call me a douche then, because I've thought it or said it multiple times. Not belittling people for their weight, just thinking that wasn't enough for me. I've been proven wrong a few times.

ChiefsOne 04-11-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10556194)
If I have five minutes between my sets, why do I need to focus for five whole minutes? That sounds mentally exhausting.

You don't have to meditate for the weights, I just think it's distracting. For me I guess, but to each their own. My kid does this when we are working out together and drives me crazy, guess I'm just an old grouchy bastard. These days though I don't ever take that long between lifts, unless I'm talking.

Silock 04-11-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10556209)
Call me a douche then, because I've thought it or said it multiple times. Not belittling people for their weight, just thinking that wasn't enough for me. I've been proven wrong a few times.

I think you are misunderstanding.

Aspengc8 04-11-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10556155)

We went down this road already. How do you 'know' someone is juicing? Because they are gigantic & bloated like a IFBB pro bodybuilder? The drug you take along with your diet & training will dictate how gigantic or bloated you get. Elite CF athletes use the same drug schedule as college/pro football players, along with wrestlers and anyone else who wants performance enhancement without all the extra weight and water associated with high aromatization. If your genuinely curious look up Anavar and Testosterone Propionate. Both are highly anabolic compounds with extremely little water retention. They also have pretty low half-lives which makes it appealing in the fact thats its in & out of your system fast (drug test, anyone?). Drugs of choice for any performance athlete.

luv 04-11-2014 03:11 PM

So, there's a groupon for two weeks of kickboxing classes for $19 at Title Boxing here in town. My friend is trying to talk me into doing it with her (she already bought her deal). There are three classes per week I can make it to, but I will have been to the gym first. My first priority are my workouts. I keep telling myself that it's too much, but part of me thinks it will be fun, and it's only two weeks.

NewChief 04-11-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10556217)
You don't have to meditate for the weights, I just think it's distracting. For me I guess, but to each their own. My kid does this when we are working out together and drives me crazy, guess I'm just an old grouchy bastard. These days though I don't ever take that long between lifts, unless I'm talking.

Reading this between sets of deads. 405 bitches.

lewdog 04-11-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10556264)
We went down this road already. How do you 'know' someone is juicing? Because they are gigantic & bloated like a IFBB pro bodybuilder? The drug you take along with your diet & training will dictate how gigantic or bloated you get. Elite CF athletes use the same drug schedule as college/pro football players, along with wrestlers and anyone else who wants performance enhancement without all the extra weight and water associated with high aromatization. If your genuinely curious look up Anavar and Testosterone Propionate. Both are highly anabolic compounds with extremely little water retention. They also have pretty low half-lives which makes it appealing in the fact thats its in & out of your system fast (drug test, anyone?). Drugs of choice for any performance athlete.

Well ****ing said. Rep.

Steroids/HGH don't have to cause you to look like a bodybuilder. Training regimen/diets are vastly different for various athletes. Many top athletes in all sports are taking PEDs, Crossfit athletes are no exception. Hell, baseball pitchers have been caught taking steroids for recovery. It doesn't just automatically make you huge!

You're just naive if you think top athletes in any sport aren't using something to enhance performance (not all but many). It simply is how it is. If you don't like it...stop watching sports. I don't care about the usage, but I also won't compare myself to these athletes.