ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

Miles 03-08-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 10473883)
But in what years has the West truly been this deep?

Seems like it has been this deep for a while but when looking at the standings it's pretty ridiculous how weak the East is. The current 9 and 10 team in the west would be contending for the 3 seed in the East.

RealSNR 03-08-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10473796)
That has been the argument against the Spurs for several years and hasn't happened yet.

WTF are you talking about?

The one-and-dones? The losses against 6 and 7 seeds in the first round? The Spurs have had a string of about 2-4 seasons where they weren't even close to being in contention.

Just because it hasn't happened the last two years doesn't mean it hasn't been the case.

Simplicity 03-08-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10473917)
Seems like it has been this deep for a while but when looking at the standings it's pretty ridiculous how weak the East is. The current 9 and 10 team in the west would be contending for the 3 seed in the East.

I dunno. In past years there has only been 2 teams in the West that were serious contenders. Now there is at least 3.

On a slightly different subject, whoever makes the Finals in the West, I believe will win the 'Ship. I don't even think the Heat are the ones in the Finals.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-08-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10473917)

Spurs played great in the finals last year, but had a dream draw to get there. We'll see. Gonna be fun.

KC native 03-08-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 10473785)
I really do believe the Spurs don't have much of a contention in the West this year in the playoffs... Thunder, Rockets, and the Clippers are young and for the Spurs to go through teams like the Warriors, Phoenix and Dallas (and the teams above) are going to show the Spurs age.

LMAO Have you even watched the Spurs play this year?

Spurs end up in the championship if they stay healthy.

Miles 03-08-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10473924)
WTF are you talking about?

The one-and-dones? The losses against 6 and 7 seeds in the first round? The Spurs have had a string of about 2-4 seasons where they weren't even close to being in contention.

Just because it hasn't happened the last two years doesn't mean it hasn't been the case.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/

Simplicity 03-08-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10474345)
LMAO Have you even watched the Spurs play this year?

Spurs end up in the championship if they stay healthy.

Don't see them going through the Thunder nor the Rockets.

KC native 03-08-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 10474407)
Don't see them going through the Thunder nor the Rockets.

On what basis? How do either of those teams stop a healthy Spurs?

Al Bundy 03-08-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10474379)

The last two years the Spurs were really awful they ended up with HOF players out of the following draft.

KC_Connection 03-08-2014 09:32 PM

The Spurs were a Ray Allen three away from winning the championship last year. It's exactly the same team.

They'll be in the WC finals.

okcchief 03-08-2014 10:46 PM

The Western conference is just brutal.

The Spurs are the Spurs.

The Thunder are as dangerous as anyone once they re-establish chemistry. Biggest concern is Scotty dipshit.

The Clippers with the addition of Big Baby and Granger has provided much needed front court depth.

Houston is playing extremly solid basketball. I still wonder if Harden can answer the bell under playoff pressure, but I can't see why not.

I could really see any of these 4 in the WC finals. I would favor OKC/SA but it wouldn't suprise me at all if LAC got in there. I have a lot more doubt about the Rockets because I don't like how they have handled close games, but they have a punchers chance.

It's going to great fun. I just hope to see everyone healthy.

kcxiv 03-08-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10474012)
Spurs played great in the finals last year, but had a dream draw to get there. We'll see. Gonna be fun.

Lets not forget the epic choke job in game 6.lol that was KC CHIEFS LIKE! haha

KevB 03-09-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10474716)
The Western conference is just brutal.

The Spurs are the Spurs.

The Thunder are as dangerous as anyone once they re-establish chemistry. Biggest concern is Scotty dipshit.

The Clippers with the addition of Big Baby and Granger has provided much needed front court depth.

Houston is playing extremly solid basketball. I still wonder if Harden can answer the bell under playoff pressure, but I can't see why not.

I could really see any of these 4 in the WC finals. I would favor OKC/SA but it wouldn't suprise me at all if LAC got in there. I have a lot more doubt about the Rockets because I don't like how they have handled close games, but they have a punchers chance.

It's going to great fun. I just hope to see everyone healthy.

And that's not to even speak about the bottom 4. If my Griz get there, I'm confident the 1 or 2 seeds won't be happy about that.

RustShack 03-09-2014 12:37 AM

Phil Jackson is leaning towards accepting offer to become Knicks president of basketball operations.

RustShack 03-09-2014 12:40 AM

Mike Brown is SO BAD! Cleveland could be pretty decent this year if he actually played Dion Waiters who is his second best player more.

Hell we went on a 6 game win streak when we had to play Anthony Bennett more. Then we traded for Hawes and Bennett got his minutes cut again and we are back to losing.