ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Titty Meat 08-09-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9870734)
Kansas (3)
Mike McCormack , John Riggins , Gale Sayers

Missouri (2)
Roger Wehrli , Kellen Winslow

0 ****s given

1 KU's win total last year

RustShack 08-09-2013 03:01 PM

I still can't believe Rutgers and Maryland are in the B1G. Just seems way more weird than WVU and TCU in the Big12, or the other schools that moved.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2013 03:08 PM

Dude, West Virginia's by far the weirdest of the lot. They have nothing in common with the Big 12 schools at all. They're about as weird an add as when the ACC tossed Boston College a lifeline.

Eleazar 08-09-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9871162)
Dude, West Virginia's by far the weirdest of the lot. They have nothing in common with the Big 12 schools at all. They're about as weird an add as when the ACC tossed Boston College a lifeline.

Obviously the Big 12 was reaching for any free agent school who'd won a few football games in recent years to keep its brand relevant.

Tiger's Fan 08-09-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 9871166)
Obviously the Big 12 was reaching for any free agent school who'd won a few football games in recent years to keep its brand relevant.

WVU was a replacement for mizWhos departure.

With BCS and Finals Four appearances, they are a major improvement athletically for the conference. mizWho has neither of these, and never will.

I'd say cutting dead weight like the four pathetic schools that left did more for the relevance of the conference than keeping them, as the conference strength in both major sports suggests.

notorious 08-09-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9868699)

Just another big 12 trophy Mizzou will be keeping on the way to greener pastures

There is plenty of room due to the lack of Big 12 Championship trophies.

WhawhaWhat 08-09-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9871162)

Ever watch that Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia movie on Netflix? It's insane.

Saul Good 08-09-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger's Bitch (Post 9871223)

With BCS and Finals Four appearances, they are a major improvement athletically for the conference. mizWho has neither of these, and never will.

I'd say cutting dead weight like the four pathetic schools that left did more for the relevance of the conference than keeping them, as the conference strength in both major sports suggests.

The conference is so strong the highest ranked team is 14th. wow

Saul Good 08-09-2013 03:53 PM

Blake Bell
David Ash
James Simms
Casey Pachal
Jake Heap

Those are the players I can name in the Big 12.

Ash is terrible, but I've heard of him because the Texas board complains about him all the time.

I've heard of the two Kansas guys because I'm from Kansas.

I've heard of Pachal because of his arrest.

Bell is the only guy I can name based on actual talent...in the entire conference.

TribalElder 08-09-2013 03:54 PM

lol its funny how angry ku fans get during football because thier team sucks so bad ROFL

HolyHandgernade 08-09-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9871241)
The conference is so strong the highest ranked team is 14th. wow

Really? "wow"? How one determines "strength" is relative. The conference certainly isn't as top heavy as it has been in the past, but the conference overall is a mine field of competition. Other conferences have some outstanding teams high on the national profile, but with enough dead weight not to seriously hamper the season outside the high profile conference match ups. There's little doubt that goes into preseason poll positioning. Teams that are head and shoulders above half of their division/conference are going to get a higher rating because a preseason poll is more a prediction on where you think teams will end up more than an assessment of how the team actually is.

Eleazar 08-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah, the Big 12 is much stronger than it was before it lost Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas A&M, and had Texas and OU beating on the door begging to get out ROFL

notorious 08-09-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9871253)
lol its funny how angry ku fans get during football because thier team sucks so bad ROFL

Somewhat, but I think they are baffled (along with everyone else) as to why some Mizzou fans pound their chest over SEC football when their own team couldn't even win the shitty Big 12.

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Do people count Final Four appearances? I had no idea.

Bambi 08-09-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9871250)
Blake Bell
David Ash
James Simms
Casey Pachal
Jake Heap

Those are the players I can name in the Big 12.

Ash is terrible, but I've heard of him because the Texas board complains about him all the time.

I've heard of the two Kansas guys because I'm from Kansas.

I've heard of Pachal because of his arrest.

Bell is the only guy I can name based on actual talent...in the entire conference.

Cool. Then again we're pretty used to you calling yourself stupid in this thread.

Bambi 08-09-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9871253)

You need to work on your trolling. It's pretty good, but I see much room for improvement.

Bambi 08-09-2013 04:26 PM

I'm going to take Saul's bait though and name all the SEC players I can.

AJ McCaron
Clowney
Johnny Football
James Franklin
DGB
The RB who was arrested multiple times and hasn't been suspended. His name is Bell?
Honey Badger
Luke Joekle's brother

It's actually harder than you think. College football is about the teams, not so much the players.

Bambi 08-11-2013 01:58 PM

Can't wait to watch this guy...

"If I ever get Manziel disease, I want all of you to smack me in the head with your microphones." - FSU QB Jameis Winston

Mr_Tomahawk 08-11-2013 02:46 PM

@kmbc: Mizzou expects fewer freshmen this fall http://t.co/xx75P1buXe

Bambi 08-11-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9877051)
@kmbc: Mizzou expects fewer freshmen this fall http://t.co/xx75P1buXe

Funny Saul hasn't mentioned this. It's all he could talk about 2 years ago when KU enrollment had a decline.

TribalElder 08-11-2013 03:30 PM

It was interesting that they mentioned there are less high school students in the Midwest. Did not know that. Also out of state enrollment down.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/33102f3a4...xzspo1_400.jpg

Saul Good 08-11-2013 05:04 PM

There will be more students enrolled at Mizzou next year than at any time in the school's history.

Bambi 08-11-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9877463)
There will be more students enrolled at Mizzou next year than at any time in the school's history.

Yes, we can do math. Fact is the school is in decline. Sucks for you guys.

Pitt Gorilla 08-11-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9877876)

ROFL

Saul Good 08-11-2013 09:29 PM

The school that is getting bigger every year is in decline. Sounds like something a KU grad would say.

Prison Bitch 08-11-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Meh, enrollment data doesn't do much for me. K-State had the same number of incoming freshman this year as KU did, at least the Star mentioned something like that some time ago. I wouldn't root any harder for KU if they had 28k or 38k students.

Bambi 08-11-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9877962)
Meh, enrollment data doesn't do much for me. K-State had the same number of incoming freshman this year as KU did, at least the Star mentioned something like that some time ago. I wouldn't root any harder for KU if they had 28k or 38k students.

KU freshman enrollment increased 5% last year. Largest increase since 2008. I'm not sure why Saul and the MU posters made such a big deal of KU's drop in enrollment a couple years ago when now MU is facing the same thing.

I would tell them that it's probably fine and eventually the freshman class will increase again someday.

Saul Good 08-11-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9878043)
KU freshman enrollment increased 5% last year. Largest increase since 2008. I'm not sure why Saul and the MU posters made such a big deal of KU's drop in enrollment a couple years ago when now MU is facing the same thing.

I would tell them that it's probably fine and eventually the freshman class will increase again someday.

Largest increase since 2008 = only increase since 2008

Bambi 08-11-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9878048)
Largest increase since 2008 = only increase since 2008

When you're setting record after record, year after year it's difficult to sustain.

You know this now. Hopefully your decline doesn't last that long.

Prison Bitch 08-13-2013 02:00 PM

Re: that column about OU-KU leaving the Big 12 - won't ever happen because OU would never go anywhere without Texas.

When I was growing up I assumed the Oklahoma schools were more like Kansas and Kansas State than they really were. They played in the Big 8 and the OU-Nebraska rivalry was huge so it seemed like they "fit" in the area. But really they are just Northern Texas and have zero interest being involved with the other 6 schools (now down to 3 obviously). Both voted to move the Big 12 headquarters to Dallas and to vote for the SWC Commish over KU's AD. So right from the get-go they were pro Texas. With the realignment saga we saw both trying to do whatever they could to stick nearby Texas. I doubt either would care if they never played the old Big 8 schools again.

Saul Good 08-20-2013 08:36 AM

Rumor out of Norman is that Bell isn't much of a QB and isn't going to be the starter.

Saul Good 08-21-2013 10:51 AM

The SEC network is bringing the heat.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/sec-ne...h-carolina.php

WilliamTheIrish 08-21-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9901219)
Rumor out of Norman is that Bell isn't much of a QB and isn't going to be the starter.

That's not much of a surprise to me. Saw a lot of OU games last season. He's capable in short yardage/goal line situations. But he never showed much else.

OTOH, they nevwer let him DO much else. They hitched their wagon to Laundry man Jones.

Bambi 08-21-2013 11:25 AM

For those interested here are the highlighted games for the SEC next year.

Save The Date
Conference schedule highlights for the 2014 SEC football season:

Sept. 13: Georgia at South Carolina
Sept. 20: Florida at Alabama
Sept. 27: Tenn. at Georgia
Oct. 11: LSU at Florida
Oct. 18: A&M at Alabama
Nov. 1: Florida vs. Georgia
Nov. 1: Tenn. at S. Carolina
Nov. 8: Alabama at LSU
Nov. 15: S. Carolina at Florida
Nov. 27: LSU at Texas A&M
Nov. 29: Auburn at Alabama
Nov. 29: Miss. St. at Ole Miss

Bowser 08-21-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Mizzou will have ~35,000 students this year. You're a dumbass.

Saul Good 08-21-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 9903967)
That's not much of a surprise to me. Saw a lot of OU games last season. He's capable in short yardage/goal line situations. But he never showed much else.

OTOH, they nevwer let him DO much else. They hitched their wagon to Laundry man Jones.

Jones was a hell of a college QB. Bell was on some of the Heisman watch lists. The Big 12 has gone from having stud QBs everywhere (Bradford, McCoy, Reesing, Daniel, Robinson, Martinez, Griffin III, Harrell, etc.) to a bunch of unknowns.

I've never seen the league so wide open. Have to think this plays right into Snyder's hands. I don't know if he's got the horses, but if everybody's got a mediocre team (which certainly appears to be the case) I wouldn't bet against the wizard.

Saul Good 08-21-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9903986)
LMAO

...but this year's freshman class is only the second biggest in school history.

Bowser 08-21-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9903987)
Jones was a hell of a college QB. Bell was on some of the Heisman watch lists. The Big 12 has gone from having stud QBs everywhere (Bradford, McCoy, Reesing, Daniel, Robinson, Martinez, Griffin III, Harrell, etc.) to a bunch of unknowns.

I've never seen the league so wide open. Have to think this plays right into Snyder's hands. I don't know if he's got the horses, but if everybody's got a mediocre team (which certainly appears to be the case) I wouldn't bet against the wizard.

So you're saying there's a chance? /Rustshack

Bambi 08-21-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9903986)
LMAO

Had the same argument about KU's decline in enrollment a few years ago after years of records.

Just returning the favor...dumbass

Bowser 08-21-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9903991)

I will say this - we took our daughter on a tour of Mizzou last spring. She loved pretty much everything about it, other than it's just so freaking crowded. Right now she's actually leaning towards wanting to go to Stephens, where the average class size is like 12 per professor. Bonus - Stephens students can actually use all of Mizzou's kick ass facilities for like 25/month, including all student services in regards to help with homework/papers. Probably worth it.

Bowser 08-21-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9903999)
Had the same argument about KU's decline in enrollment a few years ago after years of records.

Just returning the favor...dumbass

Yeah, but in KU's case it was because their facilities are clearly inferior to MU's. Stark difference.

Saul Good 08-21-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9903973)
For those interested here are the highlighted games for the SEC next year.

Save The Date
Conference schedule highlights for the 2014 SEC football season:

Sept. 13: Georgia at South Carolina
Sept. 20: Florida at Alabama
Sept. 27: Tenn. at Georgia
Oct. 11: LSU at Florida
Oct. 18: A&M at Alabama
Nov. 1: Florida vs. Georgia
Nov. 1: Tenn. at S. Carolina
Nov. 8: Alabama at LSU
Nov. 15: S. Carolina at Florida
Nov. 27: LSU at Texas A&M
Nov. 29: Auburn at Alabama
Nov. 29: Miss. St. at Ole Miss

Why did you include all of the marquee Big 12 games as well?

KCinNY 08-21-2013 11:40 AM

Smack talk about enrollment numbers?

The Planet has it all.

Saul Good 08-21-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9904003)
I will say this - we took our daughter on a tour of Mizzou last spring. She loved pretty much everything about it, other than it's just so freaking crowded. Right now she's actually leaning towards wanting to go to Stephens, where the average class size is like 12 per professor. Bonus - Stephens students can actually use all of Mizzou's kick ass facilities for like 25/month, including all student services in regards to help with homework/papers. Probably worth it.

What's her 40 time?

Bowser 08-21-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 9904012)

The Planet has it all.

It's great, isn't it? Wickedson has serious butthurt towards all things Mizzou. He probably lost a girl to some Mizzou guy or five, possibly in one night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9904015)
What's her 40 time?

Good enough that Weiss was asking her to try out. He needed to simultaneously instill more toughness and have someone take on the Dexter McCluster role out there.

kepp 08-21-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9903991)

Yeah, but that's a decline from.....uh...from the biggest freshman class EVER. So it IS a decline. Sucks for us.

Prison Bitch 08-21-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Smack talk about enrollment numbers?.

And student "facilities" too!

Saul Good 08-21-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9904081)
And student "facilities" too!

Every time I think you can't get any stupider...you do something like this.

Anyone want to explain this to Bitch?

NewChief 08-21-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9904003)

A good friend of mine when to Stephens. She loved it. We went and visited her and saw a Phish show there back in like 1995, and we also all loved it (and Columbia).

Chiefspants 08-21-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9904015)
What's her 40 time?

KK is saying it's slightly under 4.4. We'll see.

Prison Bitch 08-21-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9904106)
A good friend of mine when to Stephens. She loved it. We went and visited her and saw a Phish show there back in like 1995, and we also all loved it (and Columbia).

Columbia has really improved since then, you can go to their bookstores now and buy SEC! SEC! shirts.

NewChief 08-21-2013 12:25 PM

Also: not sure what your daughter is doing, but Chaon was theater arts. She's done alright for herself since then:

http://chaoncross.nowcasting.com/

RustShack 08-21-2013 12:25 PM

Man I can't believe the NCAA denied Okoro a hardship waiver to play for Rutgers this year. He transfered from Iowa State after his freshman year to be closer to his mom after his brother and father both died... But the rule is only if you go back home for a sick family member.. Not death.

Chiefspants 08-21-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9904118)
Columbia has really improved since then, you can go to their bookstores now and buy SEC! SEC! shirts.

Outside of your constant reminders about your uh, "apathy" toward Missouri, what exactly do you contribute to this thread?

kepp 08-21-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9904125)
Man I can't believe the NCAA denied Okoro a hardship waiver to play for Rutgers this year. He transfered from Iowa State after his freshman year to be closer to his mom after his brother and father both died... But the rule is only if you go back home for a sick family member.. Not death.

Wow, that's messed up. The NCAA seriously needs to go away.

Prison Bitch 08-21-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9904130)
Outside of your constant reminders about your uh, "apathy" toward Missouri, what exactly do you contribute to this thread?

Why did you put apathy in quotes?

RustShack 08-21-2013 12:39 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebask...-waiver-082013

Saul Good 08-21-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9904136)
Why did you put apathy in quotes?

Seems he doesn't believe that you don't care about Mizzou...probably because you haven't mentioned not caring about Mizzou enough times.

Prison Bitch 08-21-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9904170)
Seems he doesn't believe that you don't care about Mizzou...probably because you haven't mentioned not caring about Mizzou enough times.

Or any times, really.

NewChief 08-21-2013 12:59 PM

Mizzou vs. Arky rivalry kicks off Thanksgiving Weekend of 2014. I really hope this develops over time into something good.

I hate, hate, hate giving up our traditional game against LSU, and I feel that we got screwed pretty badly by the SEC on that one, but I'm also looking forward to developing something with Mizzou.

Also happy they put the game on a Saturday, as that will increase the number of people (especially students) able to travel to it. Go home for Thanksgiving dinner with the family, then everyone packs up for a road trip up to Mizzou (then vice versa the next year).

Saul Good 08-21-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9904186)
Mizzou vs. Arky rivalry kicks off Thanksgiving Weekend of 2014. I really hope this develops over time into something good.

I hate, hate, hate giving up our traditional game against LSU, and I feel that we got screwed pretty badly by the SEC on that one, but I'm also looking forward to developing something with Mizzou.

Also happy they put the game on a Saturday, as that will increase the number of people (especially students) able to travel to it. Go home for Thanksgiving dinner with the family, then everyone packs up for a road trip up to Mizzou (then vice versa the next year).

Think how big that game is going to be in 2014 when Petrino faces his former team.

kepp 08-21-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9904209)
Think how big that game is going to be in 2014 when Petrino faces his former team.

We do have a pretty good volleyball team, right? So I guess its not out of the question.

DaKCMan AP 08-21-2013 01:51 PM

Such BS. How the hell does Georgia get an easier schedule every freaking year?

From 2009 - 2014 they play Bama in the regular season zero times. Over the same stretch Florida plays Bama 3 times.

Florida plays LSU every year. Georgia gets Auburn.

Last year Florida's West opponents were home against LSU and @ Texas A&M.
Georgia had @ Auburn and vs. Ole Miss.

This year Florida plays @ LSU while Georgia gets them at home.

Then in 2014 Florida plays @ Bama and hosts LSU while UGA gets Auburn at home and @ Arkansas.

It's a freaking joke.

Bambi 08-21-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

The Planet has it all.

Tell me about it. Made no sense to me a couple years ago when Saul went on and on about how KU's enrollment was down.

I tried telling him that it's damn near impossible to keep rising once a school has peaked. KU peaked with a BCS and a National Championship en route to the most total victories for a university in the history of the NCAA (Football and Basketball) in 2008.

I suppose the same has happened to Mizzou. They saw their peak last year with a move to another athletic conference.

RustShack 08-21-2013 02:30 PM

Just landed another 4 star WR.

ChiefsCountry 08-21-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Arkansas scheduled a game with Western Kentucky?

NewChief 08-21-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Oh man. It's going to be a field day digging up Mizzou fan quotes about what a lying, scum sucking shitbag Petrino was if that happens.

Saul Good 08-21-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9904479)
Oh man. It's going to be a field day digging up Mizzou fan quotes about what a lying, scum sucking shitbag Petrino was if that happens.

Worth it

Saul Good 08-23-2013 01:03 PM

Thought this was interesting...

<br><br>TOTAL ROUND TRIP AIR MILES DURING FOOTBALL SEASON <br>AVERAGE<br>1. Independents: 12,203<br>2. MWC: 11,055<br>3. PAC 12: 8,046<br>4. AAC: 7,592<br>5. CUSA: 7,130<br>6. Sun Belt: 5,489<br>7. Big 12: 5,353<br>8. ACC: 4,865<br>9. MAC: 4,584<br>10. Big Ten: 4,142<br>11. SEC: 4,030<br><br>BIG 12<br>1. West Virginia: 10,140<br>2. Texas: 7,064<br>3. Iowa State: 6,816<br>4. Oklahoma State: 6,122<br>5. Texas Tech: 5,990<br>6. Kansas: 4,304<br>7. TCU: 3,624<br>8. Oklahoma: 3,618<br>9. Baylor: 3,068<br>10. Kansas State: 2,788<br><br>AAC<br>1. Rutgers: 10,934<br>2. Temple: 10,916<br>3. Houston: 9,152<br>4. Central Florida: 8,602<br>5. South Florida: 7,996<br>6. Connecticut: 7,500<br>7. Cincinnati: 5,738<br>8. Memphis: 5,502<br>9. SMU: 5,118<br>10. Louisville: 4,466<br><br>ACC<br>1. Boston College: 13,508<br>2. Syracuse: 7,106<br>3. Georgia Tech: 6,142<br>4. Miami: 6,074<br>5. Wake Forest: 5,872<br>6. Florida State: 5,452<br>7. Virginia Tech: 4,764<br>8. Clemson: 3,640<br>9. Maryland: 3,548<br>10. Pittsburgh: 3,076<br>11. Virginia: 2,592<br>12. NC State: 2,434<br>13. Duke: 1,958<br>14. North Carolina: 1,942<br><br>BIG TEN<br>1. Minnesota: 6,298<br>1. Ohio State: 6,298<br>3. Northwestern: 5,868<br>4. Nebraska: 5,022<br>5. Penn State: 4,784<br>6. Wisconsin: 4,750<br>7. Michigan State: 3,652<br>8. Michigan: 3,602<br>9. Iowa: 2,698<br>10. Illinois: 2,362<br>11. Purdue: 2,298<br>12. Indiana: 2,068<br><br>CUSA<br>1. Florida International: 9,976<br>2. Southern Miss: 9,390<br>3. UTEP: 9,326<br>4. Louisiana Tech: 7,792<br>5. UTSA: 7,504<br>6. Middle Tennessee: 7,452<br>7. Florida Atlantic: 7,356<br>8. Tulsa: 6,884<br>9. North Texas: 6,316<br>10. Tulane: 6,238<br>11. UAB: 6,050<br>12. Marshall: 5,948<br>13. East Carolina: 5,104<br>14. Rice: 4,484<br><br>INDEPENDENTS<br>1. Army: 17,966<br>2. Idaho: 17,028<br>3. BYU: 11,950<br>4. Navy: 9,700<br>5. Notre Dame: 8,658<br>6. New Mexico State: 7,918<br><br>MAC<br>1. Massachusetts: 8,408<br>2. Northern Illinois: 6,866<br>3. Central Michigan: 6,734<br>4. Buffalo: 5,444<br>5. Kent State: 5,028<br>6. Akron: 4,262<br>7. Eastern Michigan: 3,970<br>8. Ball State: 3,900<br>9. Western Michigan: 3,578<br>10. Toledo: 3,508<br>11. Miami, OH: 3,036<br>12. Bowling Green: 2,838<br>13. Ohio: 2,026<br><br>MWC<br>1. Hawaii: 38,138<br>2. San Diego State: 13,322<br>3. Colorado State: 11,762<br>4. San Jose State: 11,008<br>5. Fresno State: 10,606<br>6. New Mexico: 8,622<br>7. Nevada: 8,582<br>8. Air Force: 6,798<br>9. Wyoming: 6,688<br>10. UNLV: 5,978<br>11. Boise State: 5,736<br>12. Utah State: 5,414<br><br>PAC 12<br>1. Southern Cal: 13,376<br>2. Washington State: 10,248<br>3. Oregon: 10,098<br>4. Washington: 9,522<br>5. Stanford: 9,320<br>6. Colorado: 7,512<br>7. Arizona: 7,008<br>8. UCLA: 6,702<br>9. Arizona State: 6,662<br>9. Oregon State: 6,662<br>11. California: 4,812<br>12. Utah: 4,632<br><br>SEC<br>1. Tennessee: 7,018<br>2. Arkansas: 6,126<br>3. Florida: 5,306<br>4. Vanderbilt: 5,168<br>5. South Carolina: 4,392<br>6. Missouri: 4,118<br>7. Mississippi State: 3,898<br>8. Auburn: 3,634<br>9. Texas A&M: 3,598<br>10. LSU: 3,432<br>11. Kentucky: 2,782<br>12. Alabama: 2,620<br>13. Mississippi: 2,464<br>14. Georgia: 1,860<br><br>SUN BELT<br>1. Texas State: 8,168<br>2. Louisiana-Lafayette: 7,518<br>3. Western Kentucky: 5,842<br>4. Louisiana-Monroe: 5,128<br>5. South Alabama: 4,954<br>6. Georgia State: 4,690<br>7. Troy: 4,514<br>8. Arkansas State: 3,096 <p><i><p><i> <p><i>

GoChargers 08-23-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9904303)
Such BS. How the hell does Georgia get an easier schedule every freaking year?

From 2009 - 2014 they play Bama in the regular season zero times. Over the same stretch Florida plays Bama 3 times.

Florida plays LSU every year. Georgia gets Auburn.

Last year Florida's West opponents were home against LSU and @ Texas A&M.
Georgia had @ Auburn and vs. Ole Miss.

This year Florida plays @ LSU while Georgia gets them at home.

Then in 2014 Florida plays @ Bama and hosts LSU while UGA gets Auburn at home and @ Arkansas.

It's a freaking joke.

But I thought all SEC schools played "tough, NFL-esque schedules"? That's the logic that the BCS and pollsters use to justify screwing over everyone else while propping up the SEC, after all.

kepp 08-23-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9908726)
But I thought all SEC schools played "tough, NFL-esque schedules"? That's the logic that the BCS and pollsters use to justify screwing over everyone else while propping up the SEC, after all.

I think he's saying that Georgia's schedule is easy, RELATIVELY SPEAKING. Meaning compared to other SEC schedules.

WhawhaWhat 08-23-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Well thought out.

Saul Good 08-23-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

If the SEC schools are being unfairly propped up, their bowl game records should reflect this. A conference should be .500 in bowl games if they are matched up against opponents of equal talent.

Notre Dame gets overrated. They also get hammered in bowl games.

The B1G gets overrated. They get hammered in BCS games.

The Big 12 champion got murdered by the PAC champion. The Big 12 runner up got embarrassed by the fifth place SEC team.

The SEC routinely over-performs in bowl games...because they get placed in bowls below what they deserve. The 2-team per conference maximum in BCS bowls freezes out more SEC teams from getting in.

Prison Bitch 08-23-2013 02:43 PM

The good news is we have an MIT-educated sports statistician who has been published in America's largest newspaper for almost 30 years now. It allows us to consider what he calculates and to rely on it, in lieu of the mad ravings of some MU lunatic who dubs himself "SaulGood".

WhawhaWhat 08-23-2013 03:10 PM

Starting in 2014, The Liberty Bowl will be SEC vs Big 12. They will get 4th pick in the Big 12. They already have the 8th pick in the SEC. It will be the third Big 12 vs SEC bowl game.

These 2 conferences should just join forces into a 24 team superconference at this point.

baitism 08-23-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9908976)
Starting in 2014, The Liberty Bowl will be SEC vs Big 12. They will get 4th pick in the Big 12. They already have the 8th pick in the SEC. It will be the third Big 12 vs SEC bowl game.

These 2 conferences should just join forces into a 24 team superconference at this point.

So is the the SEC #6 playing the Big 12 #2? That is usually what they do to keep it competitive. However, the last Big 12 team that actually won the Cotton Bowl was Mizzou...

Saul Good 08-23-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9908905)
The good news is we have an MIT-educated sports statistician who has been published in America's largest newspaper for almost 30 years now. It allows us to consider what he calculates and to rely on it, in lieu of the mad ravings of some MU lunatic who dubs himself "SaulGood".

Is this the same guy who had the Big 12 ranked ahead of the SEC right up to the point when the Big 12 runner up showed that they didn't even belong on the same field as the SEC #5?

Saul Good 08-23-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9908976)

This pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the relative strength of the conferences.

Prison Bitch 08-23-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9909117)
Is this the same guy who had the Big 12 ranked ahead of the SEC right up to the point when the Big 12 runner up showed that they didn't even belong on the same field as the SEC #5?

I'm not certain what or when he said what he did. I'm only certain that it was far more likely to be reality than anything you've ever belched out.

Saul Good 08-23-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9909135)
I'm not certain what or when he said what he did. I'm only certain that it was far more likely to be reality than anything you've ever belched out.

I'm pretty sure I nailed it and he was dead wrong. I'm sure you'll find some other metric next year to show that the SEC isn't the best conference...only to watch them dominate yet another season. The gap is widening, by the way.