ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

htismaqe 01-24-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Razz (Post 10391014)
Well I have the XBOX ONE and the voice commands 90% of the time work on the first try and the kinect has always recognized the right person. If you are with a bunch of people talking then yeah the kinect won't work so well, but if you are by yourself or only with a couple buddies the things works really well.:thumb:

Hence why it's a pain in the ass for 90% of everybody. Who has the ability to create a zone of absolute silence?

Xbox One - the gaming machine for lonely bachelors and nobody else!™

Mr. Plow 01-24-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10391098)
Hence why it's a pain in the ass for 90% of everybody. Who has the ability to create a zone of absolute silence?

I know when I game at home I game with 10-15 people. Well, not really. It's just like 2 of us and the other 8-13 people are enjoying watching us play.

-King- 01-24-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10391098)

Huh? Who said anything about needing absolute silence?

-King- 01-24-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10391333)
I know when I game at home I game with 10-15 people. Well, not really. It's just like 2 of us and the other 8-13 people are enjoying watching us play.

LMAO

aturnis 01-24-2014 03:45 PM

Ever heard of kids? Good luck keeping a family quite.

Mr. Plow 01-24-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10391583)
Ever heard of kids? Good luck keeping a family quite.

Does your family have a problem with calling everyone "Xbox"? Because as far as I know, every command begins with the phrase "Xbox......". So unless you are in the unfortunate family where someone named a kid "Xbox", I don't think you are going to have an issue with the system magically performing commands at the wrong times.

Pablo 01-24-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10391655)
Does your family have a problem with calling everyone "Xbox"? Because as far as I know, every command begins with the phrase "Xbox......". So unless you are in the unfortunate family where someone named a kid "Xbox", I don't think you are going to have an issue with the system magically performing commands at the wrong times.

LMAO

aturnis' hate is just so strong.

aturnis 01-24-2014 04:10 PM

Or if your family likes to **** with you...

Imagine your wife being pissed b/c you're not helping with children and saying "Xbox off" right in the middle of an online game or boss battle almost won etc.

The real problem though, is that Xbox is going to have one he'll of a time understanding YOUR commands with all the extra noise, screaming, talking, playing going on in the background.

htismaqe 01-24-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10391432)
Huh? Who said anything about needing absolute silence?

He said that in a group of people, the Kinect voice rec doesn't work so well. I didn't say it, he did.

The simple fact is that the Kinect still has widely-reported problems.

htismaqe 01-24-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10391655)

It's not a question of someone inadvertently issuing commands, it's a problem with the Kinect misinterpreting things.

Any amount of background noise interferes. It's not really hard to understand.

Mr. Plow 01-24-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10391671)
Or if your family likes to **** with you...

Imagine your wife being pissed b/c you're not helping with children and saying "Xbox off" right in the middle of an online game or boss battle almost won etc.

The real problem though, is that Xbox is going to have one he'll of a time understanding YOUR commands with all the extra noise, screaming, talking, playing going on in the background.

You must have a really noisy house - do you turn the TV up to 100 so that you can hear everything that is going on in your games?

htismaqe 01-24-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10391671)

http://curtislowe.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=244&h=197

htismaqe 01-24-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10391681)
You must have a really noisy house - do you turn the TV up to 100 so that you can hear everything that is going on in your games?

Sometimes I have to, yes. Sometimes I even wear noise-cancelling headphones.

I have kids, 3 dogs, a wife, and a mother-in-law. They all carry on independent conversations whether I'm gaming or not.

I had a Kinect with my Xbox 360. Most of the time, I couldn't use it.

Mr. Plow 01-24-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10391680)
It's not a question of someone inadvertently issuing commands, it's a problem with the Kinect misinterpreting things.

Any amount of background noise interferes. It's not really hard to understand.

You all should stop trying to game in the middle of parties and just enjoy the fun going on around you.

But really, what you are saying that is that if you are in a loud room and trying to give your Xbox commands it will have trouble determining your command through all the noise. That is a pretty logical flaw to anything that uses voice commands.

If I'm at a concert and I call my kid to empty the dishwasher & he can't hear me to understand what I'm telling him because of the background noise, I don't blame my cell phone for being a shitty piece of equipment.

Mr. Plow 01-24-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10391688)
Sometimes I have to, yes. Sometimes I even wear noise-cancelling headphones.

I have kids, 3 dogs, a wife, and a mother-in-law. They all carry on independent conversations whether I'm gaming or not.

I had a Kinect with my Xbox 360. Most of the time, I couldn't use it.

I think I've got you beat. I have 4 kids, a wife, 2 dogs, a cat, 6 lizards, & 2 fish. I had more fish but one of the guys that is still alive ate like 4 of them. ****er.