ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

RunKC 12-30-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9252141)
Do you realize how ****ing stupid you ****ing sound right now?

It's called position value you ****ing idiot.

And that's ignoring all the arbitrary rankings you're throwing out of your butthole right now. Again, these reeruns had RGIII not even in the top 20 overall players at this time last year.

Get raped.

Jags took Gabbert out of positional value. How'd that work out?

If Geno is not a top 10 prospect, then that means he has serious concerns and taking him at #1 is a Tyson Jackson like reach. But hey, Tyson Jackson was taken for that same reason! Neeeeddddddd.

If Geno is a top 10 prospect in April, then yeah take him at #1 overall. If he's 17th then holy shit man. Why?

Rams Fan 12-30-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_AM_Chief (Post 9252143)
The sad thing is, if we draft Geno and he sucks the same homers will claim "he isn't being used right" "he has no WR's" "Oline sucks" "OC sucks"...etc. Geno has really brainwashed some of you folks, it's quite sad.

EDIT - seriously, is this SNR idiot Geno's brother, or does he just have a raging boner for him? Good God you are a whiny bitch when someone questions Geno. You little punk.

No, they'll say, "Well, at least they gave it a shot."

RealSNR 12-30-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9252244)
Jags took Gabbert out of positional value. How'd that work out?

If Geno is not a top 10 prospect, then that means he has serious concerns and taking him at #1 is a Tyson Jackson like reach. But hey, Tyson Jackson was taken for that same reason! Neeeeddddddd.

If Geno is a top 10 prospect in April, then yeah take him at #1 overall. If he's 17th then holy shit man. Why?

The Dolphins didn't follow positional value and took Jake Long instead of Matt Ryan. How did that work out for them?

What's next, reerun? Gonna throw some "Ryan Leaf happened" arguments out there?

hometeam 12-30-2012 02:42 PM

http://www.walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

Tons of mock drafts, nearly every one is us taking Geno. This 'geno isnt good enough to go #1' stuff is just a vocal minority of dumb shits with Mel Kiper hair.

RunKC 12-30-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9252273)
The Dolphins didn't follow positional value and took Jake Long instead of Matt Ryan. How did that work out for them?

What's next, reerun? Gonna throw some "Ryan Leaf happened" arguments out there?

Jake Long is a top 5 LT. I would say it actually didn't work out that bad. And their QB this year looks pretty decent.

If Geno was rated the 50th best prospect you would still take him at 1 huh?

If Glennon balls out in his bowl game, he's likely to pass up Geno Smith. I know it hurts, but it's true.

RealSNR 12-30-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9252313)
Jake Long is a top 5 LT. I would say it actually didn't work out that bad. And their QB this year looks pretty decent.

If Glennon balls out in his bowl game, he's likely to pass up Geno Smith. I know it hurts, but it's true.

Let's say Mike Glennon and Tyler Wilson died in an AIDS fire today. Geno is now YOUR best QB in the draft. Would you pass on him at #1 overall? If so, for who? Who the **** is available that would change our team the way we need it? There isn't a Von Miller or a JJ Watt. There's not even a Jake Long. All the players in this draft ****ing suck at the top 5 except for the QBs.

That it's even an issue for you that some douchebag has Geno Smith as his 17th ranked prospect in ****ing DECEMBER just blows my ****ing mind.

Also, Jake Long was a top 5 LT. He's now breaking down. Like many said he would. Is it also any coincidence that the Dolphins ****ing sucked donkey dick worse than the Chiefs have this year under the "glorious" production they had at LT?

Get a QB in this league or GTFO.

htismaqe 12-30-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Buckweath 12-30-2012 02:56 PM

The Chiefs recently drafted Eric Berry and Glenn Dorsey at #5 overall as BPA, but a few years later we finish the season 2-14.

And some Chiefs fans again want to take the BPA at #1 overall, which is supposedly not a QB??

Honestly, you'd give me the choice between Von Miller and Geno Smith right now for this team and I'd take Smith. With a few exceptions, you can't be a great team without a great QB and if you don't think Geno Smith the best available QB prospect is good enough, well I guess all the other QBs are absolutely shit..

In58men 12-30-2012 03:10 PM

There's honestly not a QB worth taking at #1. This draft class has to be one of the worst one's in a long time. I don't think we'll take a QB with the #1 or #2 pick. Just face it, this franchise is haunted at the QB position. We finally get a top pick and there's no quartberbacks worth taking. It's embarrasing to be a chief fan.

RunKC 12-30-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9252354)
Let's say Mike Glennon and Tyler Wilson died in an AIDS fire today. Geno is now YOUR best QB in the draft. Would you pass on him at #1 overall? If so, for who? Who the **** is available that would change our team the way we need it? There isn't a Von Miller or a JJ Watt. There's not even a Jake Long. All the players in this draft ****ing suck at the top 5 except for the QBs.

That it's even an issue for you that some douchebag has Geno Smith as his 17th ranked prospect in ****ing DECEMBER just blows my ****ing mind.

Also, Jake Long was a top 5 LT. He's now breaking down. Like many said he would. Is it also any coincidence that the Dolphins ****ing sucked donkey dick worse than the Chiefs have this year under the "glorious" production they had at LT?

Get a QB in this league or GTFO.

So Bucky Brooks thoughts about Geno's skill mean everything in December, but his overall ranking of him at this same time means nothing?

And it really depends. If Geno looks great this spring and is a legit top 10 pick, then yeah I would easily take him, BUT if he looks bad and is a mid-to-late first round prospect with multiple questions, then I'm not taking him at 1. I would rather try to trade back into round 1 around 20 to get him rather than take him at 1.

RealSNR 12-30-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9252501)
So Bucky Brooks thoughts about Geno's skill mean everything in December, but his overall ranking of him at this same time means nothing?

And it really depends. If Geno looks great this spring and is a legit top 10 pick, then yeah I would easily take him, BUT if he looks bad and is a mid-to-later first round prospect with multiple questions, then I'm not taking him at 1. I would rather try to trade back into round 1 around 20 to get him rather than take him at 1.

Rankings.

In December.

Mean.

Nothing.

No.

New.

Taxes.

Period.

Rape.

milkman 12-30-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9252490)
There's honestly not a QB worth taking at #1. This draft class has to be one of the worst one's in a long time. I don't think we'll take a QB with the #1 or #2 pick. Just face it, this franchise is haunted at the QB position. We finally get a top pick and there's no quartberbacks worth taking. It's embarrasing to be a chief fan.

You are full of shit.

Look at the 5 drafts previous to last year and tell me how much better than this draft those QB classes are.

If you tell that any of those are better than this year, then you are not only full of shit, you're a damn liar.

RealSNR 12-30-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

And it really depends. If Geno looks great this spring and is a legit top 10 pick, then yeah I would easily take him, BUT if he looks bad and is a mid-to-late first round prospect with multiple questions, then I'm not taking him at 1. I would rather try to trade back into round 1 around 20 to get him rather than take him at 1.

You got this huge bugaboo about Geno Smith but you're sort of fine with the rest of the draft class at the top.

You either reach HARD or you get stuck with a ****ing LT like Joeckel.

Why the HELL wouldn't you just take the QB? I don't ****ing understand how you can be so ****ing stupid.

RunKC 12-30-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9252530)
Rankings.

In December.

Mean.

Nothing.

No.

New.

Taxes.

Period.

Rape.

But Bucky Brooks analysis of Geno without any spring events means everything!!!!

RunKC 12-30-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9252552)
You got this huge bugaboo about Geno Smith but you're sort of fine with the rest of the draft class at the top.

You either reach HARD or you get stuck with a ****ing LT like Joeckel.

Why the HELL wouldn't you just take the QB? I don't ****ing understand how you can be so ****ing stupid.

This board said the same exact thing about Mark Sanchez 4 years ago. We HAD to take him.

Now he is not an NFL starter and they are stuck where they were before...with no QB. LMAO

jd1020 12-30-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9252580)
This board said the same exact thing about Mark Sanchez 4 years ago. We HAD to take him.

Now he is not an NFL starter and they are stuck where they were before...with no QB. LMAO

Thats their own fault.

Pretty sure everyone agrees that you take a QB and then you move on and draft another if he busts.

The Jets didn't move on... they ****ing extended him to a massive contract after he had be exposed as shit.

ChiefsCountry 12-30-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

How would somebody who joined in April 2012 know about what this board wanted in 2009?

Gravedigger 12-30-2012 03:23 PM

You can't trade back not only because of the fact that nobody will give you the resources that RG3 got the Rams but if you trade back to 3 or so you assume Geno will be there. Bet money the Jaguars, Raiders, Eagles and almost every other team would take a shot to get him at 2 or later. If you don't jump on a guy chances are he won't be there when you do pick.

BossChief 12-30-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

How the **** o you know that? You just started your account here this year.

Go suck your uncles dick again, bitch.

RunKC 12-30-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9252606)
How the **** o you know that? You just started your account here this year.

Go suck your uncles dick again, bitch.

It's been said on here more than once that this board had a love crush on him just like with Geno.

Gravedigger 12-30-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

But he got them to 2 AFC Championships, if Geno got us to 2 AFC Championships I'd take the risk on him regressing there after.

Saccopoo 12-30-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Please.

I really disliked Sanchez as a prospect.

He's no Geno.

Saccopoo 12-30-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

http://www.twistappel.com/wp-content...ull-reerun.gif

BossChief 12-30-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9252625)
It's been said on here more than once that this board had a love crush on him just like with Geno.

From what I remember, it was basically a 60-40 split for pro Sanchez guys to anti Sanchez guys.

I HATED the idea of taking Sanchez and LOVE Geno Smith.

Almost every knock Sanchez had against him, Geno excels at.

Saccopoo 12-30-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9252786)
From what I remember, it was basically a 60-40 split for pro Sanchez guys to anti Sanchez guys.

I HATED the idea of taking Sanchez and LOVE Geno Smith.

Almost every knock Sanchez had against him, Geno excels at.

http://mein-fun.com/data/media/5/bar...0gif%20550x407

ChiefsCountry 12-30-2012 03:45 PM

Geno Smith and Matt Barkley are way better prospects than Mark Sanchez, and I really wanted Sanchez.

RealSNR 12-30-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Geno Smith now equals Mark Sanchez?

And you told ME to back up and take a look at what I was saying yesterday? ROFL

You are a pathetic individual

htismaqe 12-30-2012 04:32 PM

Nevermind. This thread is no longer worth posting in.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-30-2012 04:46 PM

Safe to say, he's ours if they want him.

htismaqe 12-30-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9253517)
Safe to say, he's ours if they want him.

They don't.

And neither does half of the mongoloid fanbase.

On the bright side, I can spend more time playing PS3 on Sundays.

ArrowheadHawk 12-30-2012 04:53 PM

So is Geno the right pick?

htismaqe 12-30-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9253579)
So is Geno the right pick?

Nope. We need Luke Joeckel.

HonestChieffan 12-30-2012 04:57 PM

Need a way for Geno boosters to have an out.

rico 12-30-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OZptOs8Gu9k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WildTurkey 12-30-2012 04:58 PM

Back in 09 the majority wanted Stafford but when it was obvious we weren't in position to get him than the Sanchez bandwagon started

RealSNR 12-30-2012 05:54 PM

DADADA DAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

We get to check off Item #1 on our checklist in the OP.

It's already happening folks

Molitoth 12-30-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9253613)
Need a way for Geno boosters to have an out.

Meanwhile; you, pioli, and te'o will be laughing all the way to the Super Bowl?

duncan_idaho 12-30-2012 06:06 PM

I also remember there being much more of a man crush on Front Mullet Stafford than on Sanchez (I was on record as wanting neither at that point, honestly).

I'm on board with Smith, though. It's a QB's league. Go get one.

O.city 12-30-2012 06:07 PM

He's gonna be a great Raider, gonna love watching him kick the Chiefs ass for years/

Saccopoo 12-30-2012 06:11 PM

VICTORY!!!!!

GENO!!!!!!

O.city 12-30-2012 06:21 PM

Go Geno Go.

Anyone wanna bet he goes to the Raidas at 3 and rapes our moronic fanbases ass for 15 years?

Chiefs=Champions 12-30-2012 06:24 PM

Not sure how ill feel if we draft Geno and still have Pioli.. Pioli doesn't deserve any of the success that Geno could bring him!

WV 12-30-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9254376)
I also remember there being much more of a man crush on Front Mullet Stafford than on Sanchez (I was on record as wanting neither at that point, honestly).

I'm on board with Smith, though. It's a QB's league. Go get one.

I wanted Stafford. :(

And now I want Geno!

Saccopoo 12-30-2012 06:28 PM

Hey, RunKC -

You watching the Green Bay/Vikings game?

See that drive by Rogers?

The guy who was apparently the 24th best player in that draft?

The Chiefs better ****ing take Geno.

Nightfyre 12-30-2012 06:28 PM

I changed my sig now that we have completed the tank. How does it look?

RunKC 12-30-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9254603)
Hey, RunKC -

You watching the Green Bay/Vikings game?

See that drive by Rogers?

The guy who was apparently the 24th best player in that draft?

The Chiefs better ****ing take Geno.

Lol so Geno is Rodgers now?

O.city 12-30-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9254617)

No, but Kiper and co. are essentially giving him the same rating, so?

RealSNR 12-30-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9254617)

It's your almighty player rankings at work.

You should shove them up your ass. I hear that's pretty awesome.

kcpasco 12-30-2012 06:32 PM

I want to draft Geno but remember this is the Chiefs and they are dumb. They will probably just sign Alex Smith or some other pos qb.

RunKC 12-30-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9254631)
It's your almighty player rankings at work.

You should shove them up your ass. I hear that's pretty awesome.

You're a dumbass.

I never said the player ranking was true. Sac is the one pumping up Bucky Brooks' evaluations, not me.

Jesus you can't comprehend anything.

Chiefnj2 12-30-2012 06:32 PM

Smith, Wilson and Bray are as good as any prospect with the exception of last years draft.

O.city 12-30-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9254639)
Smith, Wilson and Bray are as good as any prospect with the exception of last years draft.

Pretty much.

RealSNR 12-30-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9254638)
You're a dumbass.

I never said the player ranking was true. Sac is the one pumping up Bucky Brooks' evaluations, not me.

Sounds like a conversation you should have with Saccopoo then.

aturnis 12-30-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

You're a dumbass.

For every Bucky's Brookes evaluation of Geno, there are tons more saying the same exact thing...

aturnis 12-30-2012 06:40 PM

In fact, there are very very few scouting reports on Geno that have much negative to say other than reading defenses.

Saccopoo 12-30-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

You're a dumbass.

You are the dumb **** who has been saying that "Geno is the blah, blah, blah rated guy" so we shouldn't reach for him at #1.

At this point your just a ****ing stupid troll.

I've never ignored anyone on this board before.

Congratulations on being the first.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-30-2012 06:50 PM

Here comes the Painii!!!

RunKC 12-30-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9254804)
You are the dumb **** who has been saying that "Geno is the blah, blah, blah rated guy" so we shouldn't reach for him at #1.

At this point your just a ****ing stupid troll.

I've never ignored anyone on this board before.

Congratulations on being the first.

You're the dumb **** saying he's better than RG3. Your homer knows no bounds.

Nightfyre 12-30-2012 06:54 PM

Geno Smith is our new QB, fellas. Better start supporting him.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-30-2012 06:55 PM

This is the moment everything finally turns around. The cleansing is near fellas.

Rams Fan 12-30-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9254858)
This is the moment everything finally turns around. The cleansing is near fellas.

A QB selected 1st overall solves everything!!1!1111!

RealSNR 12-30-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9254846)

See, you say that right now, but according to Mel Kiper, Sac is only the 17th ranked homer on his big board. You would do much better to get to know a better homer by trading homer picks rather than taking the 17th ranked homer first thing.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-30-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9254869)

Not everyone has to select a gimp Gooner with that pick :)

RealSNR 12-30-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9254869)

Good point. If you had drafted a QB at 2nd overall last year all your problems WOULD be solved.

Bradford is garbage. Thank God that Geno is better

aturnis 12-30-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9254846)

Don't know that he said that. Sure he didn't just say that he's had a better senior season? Seems more likely.

Nightfyre 12-30-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Geno Smith will be gone by 20. Surely even you know this. I will lay down a sigbet with you here and now that Geno is off the board by 20.

Rams Fan 12-30-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9254890)
Good point. If you had drafted a QB at 2nd overall last year all your problems WOULD be solved.

Bradford is garbage. Thank God that Geno is better

Except Bradford isn't garbage. What about Cam?

aturnis 12-30-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9254935)

:crickets:

RealSNR 12-30-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9254935)

He's a fine QB. But people have been calling Geno's year "the worst year for QBs they've seen in a long time."

How conveniently people forget about 2010.

Rams Fan 12-30-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9254996)
He's a fine QB. But people have been calling Geno's year "the worst year for QBs they've seen in a long time."

Some people thought Bradford was the best prospect since Peyton..... then Luck came.

Yet the Rams have been even more flaming shit then Chiefs have been in the years prior to getting the 1st overall pick yet Bradford was expected to be the messiah to a team that won 6 games over 3 seasons.

ChiefsCountry 12-30-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Geno and Barkley are better prospects than Bradford.

Suh was a way better prospect than Star.

Who went first overall?

AussieChiefsFan 12-30-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9255003)
People thought Bradford was the best prospect since Peyton..... then Luck came.

http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/...n_Confused.gif

Rams Fan 12-30-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9255009)

Quote:

Mayock just doesn’t see Luck as some sort of “once in a lifetime” prospect like others have indicated. Mayock compared Luck’s talent level more to someone like Sam Bradford.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-a-lifetime/

RealSNR 12-30-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9255003)
Some people thought Bradford was the best prospect since Peyton..... then Luck came.

Yet the Rams have been even more flaming shit then Chiefs have been in the years prior to getting the 1st overall pick yet Bradford was expected to be the messiah to a team that won 6 games over 3 seasons.

The Rams suffered from talent deficiency.

The Chiefs, while they could certainly improve throughout the roster, do not have that problem. They need a real ****ing coach, a GM who doesn't micromanage everybody's jobs, and a franchise QB in order to get out of their hole.

Their path is a FAR easier one than the Rams had.

Rams Fan 12-30-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9255062)
The Rams suffered from talent deficiency.

The Chiefs, while they could certainly improve throughout the roster, do not have that problem. They need a real ****ing coach, a GM who doesn't micromanage everybody's jobs, and a franchise QB in order to get out of their hole.

Their path is a FAR easier one than the Rams had.

I agree with you.

However, I don't view it as being fair to compare Bradford's situation to those of RGIII, Luck, Cam, etc. Am I being a homer? Yes. Do I and did I expect better play from Bradford since his rookie year to now? Yes. But at the same time I believe he took a step forward this season and will take an even bigger one next year to show that he has the talent to live up to the #1 overall pick status.

Part of that will be Bradford and stability surrounding him as well as the talent level that's around him.

htismaqe 12-30-2012 07:33 PM

Guys, let Bob have this thread. Abandon it and let it die. He's a ****ing moron and this thread stinks. Let it go.

Rams Fan 12-30-2012 07:35 PM

With that, I'll bow out. Good luck with whoever is taken first overall(hopefully it's a quarterback) and we can look forward to a Rams-Chiefs matchup sometime in the future in the Super Bowl.

RealSNR 12-30-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9255089)
I agree with you.

However, I don't view it as being fair to compare Bradford's situation to those of RGIII, Luck, Cam, etc. Am I being a homer? Yes. Do I and did I expect better play from Bradford since his rookie year to now? Yes. But at the same time I believe he took a step forward this season and will take an even bigger one next year to show that he has the talent to live up to the #1 overall pick status.

Part of that will be Bradford and stability surrounding him as well as the talent level that's around him.

The book is still out on him, definitely. For the record, though, I thought the Rams should have gotten their trade value from the trade down by shopping Sam Bradford and drafting RGIII. They wouldn't have gotten as much as they got from the Redskins, but they would have been drafting a better QB.

But I know that's in a fantasy world, and that the NFL doesn't work that way. And yes, I will make that trade happen on my Madden franchise and win a bunch of championships.

keg in kc 12-30-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Or 2009. Or 2008. Or 2007. Or 2005.

thunderF 12-30-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderF (Post 9247239)
oh man what a horrible year for the #1 pick

LOL you all got so mad at that ROFL

seriously though, everyone but you guys knows it's a HORRIBLE year for the #1 pick. Geno Smith & Barkely :jester: