ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daboll: Matt Cassel is a winner (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260303)

Hammock Parties 06-08-2012 03:39 AM

Daboll: Matt Cassel is a winner

Holy shit. The propganda machine is churning. :facepalm:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-new-chiefs-oc

Quote:

Matt Cassel has had an up-and-down three-season run with the Kansas City Chiefs, but new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll believes he inherited a winner at the quarterback position.

Cassel led the New England Patriots to an 11-5 record after Tom Brady wrecked his knee in Week 1 of the 2008 season. He later piloted the Chiefs to a 10-6 mark and an AFC West title in 2010. Cassel has never won a playoff game -- in fact, he played terribly against the Ravens in his only postseason start -- but Daboll sees a player who knows how to lead his team.

"He's been a winner," Daboll told reporters Thursday, according to ESPN.com. "He's had two 10-plus win seasons. I did a study just this offseason about 10-plus-win quarterbacks, which is what you're defined by, obviously. There's been nine of them in the last four years that have had two or more 10-plus win seasons in the regular season, and Matt is one of them.

"The other ones being Brady, (Drew) Brees, (Aaron) Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli (Manning), (Joe) Flacco, (Matt) Ryan, so he's been a winner. He works his tail off in the classroom. I think he's done a good job in these OTAs, and I'm looking forward to working with him."

Daboll finds a creative way to lump Cassel in with a group of the game's best quarterbacks, but he does leave out the big picture. Despite those 10-plus win seasons, Cassel is a pedestrian 28-26 in games he's started overall.

If you really are defined by your record, this seems about right.

Fritz88 06-08-2012 04:00 AM

I think Daboll is right here.
Posted via Mobile Device

FlaChief58 06-08-2012 04:28 AM

Brady, (Drew) Brees, (Aaron) Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli (Manning), (Joe) Flacco, (Matt) Ryan, Mark Casshole

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just does'nt belong.

Kyle DeLexus 06-08-2012 04:52 AM

I'd rather they just not said anything at all regarding Mat Casel. He is a sub-par backup QB and shouldn't even have a roster spot let alone a huge contract as a starter.

ZootedGranny 06-08-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

I did a study just this offseason about 10-plus-win quarterbacks, which is what you're defined by, obviously.
http://i.minus.com/iiOtSHjplaTXg.gif

the Talking Can 06-08-2012 04:54 AM

fml

Mr_Tomahawk 06-08-2012 05:01 AM

Q

BigMeatballDave 06-08-2012 05:01 AM

Heil Pioli

BoneKrusher 06-08-2012 05:15 AM

it's a typo, Daboll meant to say Matt Cassel's a wiener.

FlaChief58 06-08-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8666862)
it's a typo, Daboll meant to say Matt Cassel's a wiener.

I believe the proper term is "Bleeding Vagina"

BoneKrusher 06-08-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 8666868)
I believe the proper term is "Bleeding Vagina"

:thumb:

Gary 06-08-2012 05:39 AM

Nevermind things like reading defenses in less than 10 seconds, field vision, being able to make all the throws without praying every time the ball leaves your hands, leading your receiver, proper footwork and body motion...ya know, the stuff that makes consistent winners do at the quarterback position.

Hammock Parties 06-08-2012 05:39 AM

Four years is way too small a sample size to definitively say "two 10-win seasons means you're a winner, bro!"

How about...go back as far as 2000...and see which QBs had two 10+ win seasons in their career. And see what it really means.

Answer:

Chad Pennington
Kerry Collins
Jake Delhomme
Philip Rivers
Matt Hasselbeck
Brett Favre
Tony Romo
Steve McNair
Donovan McNabb
Carson Palmer
Jake Plummer
Trent Green
Rich Gannon
Brad Johnson
Jeff Garcia
Kurt Warner
Kordell Stewart
Vinny Testaverde
Jay Fiedler

So yeah...you could go for a really small sample size and compare Matt Cassel to some pretty good quarterbacks, some awesome quarterbacks.

Or maybe he's just a piece of shit like Kordell Stewart or any of the other quarterbacks I bolded.

Two 10+ wins seasons isn't a barometer for shit, Brian Daboll.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-08-2012 05:51 AM

Actually Cassel is one of the best quarterbacks in the league when he has Charles running the ball.

BoneKrusher 06-08-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 8666876)
Actually Cassel is one of the best quarterbacks in the league when he has Charles running the ball.

he had Charles running the ball vs Baltimore in the wild card game.

i think he was one of the best quarterbacks in the league when he plays the NFC West.

he's had an 11 win season and a 10 win season when he plays them.

FlaChief58 06-08-2012 06:01 AM

So all we have to do is get the commish to agree to let the Chiefs play the NFC west twice every year?

SUPERBOWL BABY!!!

BoneKrusher 06-08-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 8666878)
So all we have to do is get the commish to agree to let the Chiefs play the NFC west twice every year?

SUPERBOWL BABY!!!

if Cassel stays as the Starter, Yes.

FlaChief58 06-08-2012 06:17 AM

Well given peeholy's man crush on Matty, we're stuck with that turd for at least 1 more year. If the rest of the team can cover up for shitty QB play and somehow get to the playoffs, he may even get an extension (God help us all)

Agent V 06-08-2012 06:20 AM

So, a few months ago, Pioli was pushing the "open competition at quarterback" idea. Now you can see how it's slowly turning into Cassel being the starter no matter what (something many here predicted anyway), with Quinn and Stanzi battling for the second spot.

****ing shit. I bet if we had signed Manning, we'd have put him at second string.

Okie_Apparition 06-08-2012 06:26 AM

Weis would switch out Matt's gatorade
with Roarin' Raspberry Cranberry Kool-Aid
laced with Imodium A-D

Rausch 06-08-2012 06:41 AM

What defines good QB's is that their play speaks for itself...

007 06-08-2012 06:43 AM

Yet all he does is lose lately. 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out. Then Orton comes in and we start moving the ball and pick up a couple wins.

yep, Cassel is a winner.

Rasputin 06-08-2012 06:44 AM

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMG_0973.jpg

Bwana 06-08-2012 06:50 AM

Yeah.................

http://harmonia.meccahosting.com/~a0...it_meter_2.jpg

BoneKrusher 06-08-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8666908)

yep Pioli and Daboll can polish all they want but Cassel's still gonna be a turd.

Messier 06-08-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey's Bitch (Post 8666872)
Four years is way too small a sample size to definitively say "two 10-win seasons means you're a winner, bro!"

How about...go back as far as 2000...and see which QBs had two 10+ win seasons in their career. And see what it really means.

Answer:

Chad Pennington
Kerry Collins
Jake Delhomme
Philip Rivers
Matt Hasselbeck
Brett Favre
Tony Romo
Steve McNair
Donovan McNabb
Carson Palmer
Jake Plummer
Trent Green
Rich Gannon
Brad Johnson
Jeff Garcia
Kurt Warner
Kordell Stewart
Vinny Testaverde
Jay Fiedler

So yeah...you could go for a really small sample size and compare Matt Cassel to some pretty good quarterbacks, some awesome quarterbacks.

Or maybe he's just a piece of shit like Kordell Stewart or any of the other quarterbacks I bolded.

Two 10+ wins seasons isn't a barometer for shit, Brian Daboll.

Yeah, Cassel belongs in that group you highlighted. Borderline starters. Better than the likes of Thigpen, who now is a third stringer, but not good starting QBs.

Deberg_1990 06-08-2012 07:00 AM

Hes right. Career 28-26 record as a starter.

Art Vader 06-08-2012 07:04 AM

if the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

durtyrute 06-08-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8666906)
Yet all he does is lose lately. 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out. Then Orton comes in and we start moving the ball and pick up a couple wins.

yep, Cassel is a winner.

How that never caught on as his nickname will forever amaze me.

Chiefnj2 06-08-2012 07:18 AM

Oh noes, the offensive coordinator didn't badmouth the starting QB. Oh noes.

BoneKrusher 06-08-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8666962)

yeah, i know.
like we said he's just trying to polish a turd, hoping we wont notice the smell..

007 06-08-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Of course that is all it is. Doesn't change the fact it is annoying as hell though.

HemiEd 06-08-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 8666854)
Brady, (Drew) Brees, (Aaron) Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli (Manning), (Joe) Flacco, (Matt) Ryan, Mark Casshole

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just does'nt belong.

That was going to be my post, good job.

Fish 06-08-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

I never expected him to bad mouth the QB. I'm disappointed that they have to have the new OC come out and cherry pick stats in a sad attempt to somehow make it sound like Cassel is an elite QB.

007 06-08-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8667013)
I never expected him to bad mouth the QB. I'm disappointed that they have to have the new OC come out and cherry pick stats in a sad attempt to somehow make it sound like Cassel is an elite QB.

Not an elite QB. Just a winner. LMAO

He does have a winning attitude.

Chiefnj2 06-08-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8667013)

He's supporting his QB. I'm sure it would work wonders if he browbeat the guy to the press.

Fire Me Boy! 06-08-2012 08:26 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yiJ9fy1qSFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bricks 06-08-2012 08:26 AM

28-26 is average. Average doesn't equate to a winner.
Average isn't the same league as Brees, Brady, Rogers, Manning, Roethlistberger, etc..

How about he has been on good teams? And he has had all the support in the world. How about he hasn't beaten a playoff team or teams with a winning record. Yeah he is some winner alright. **** you Chiefs. Seriously.

Reerun_KC 06-08-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8667053)
Average isn't the same league as Brees, Brady, Rogers, Manning, Roethlistberger, etc..

How about he has been on good teams? And he has had all the support in the world. How about he hasn't beaten a playoff team or teams with a winning record. Yeah he is some winner alright. **** you Chiefs. Seriously.

No isnt what championship franchises look for, but in KC its ring of fame worthy...

All Chiefs fans want it 8-8 and make some "noise" in the playoffs.

Messier 06-08-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8667037)
He's supporting his QB. I'm sure it would work wonders if he browbeat the guy to the press.

Exactly. Did Daboll call a PC to proclaim Cassel in a hall of famer? or was he asked about him?

To keep getting angry at coaches saying positive things about Cassel is pointless. They are going to have his back because he is the starting QB. If Stanzi were to win the starting QB job, they'd talk about how good Stanzi is. Sure he's cherry picking, those are the only cherries he has to pick. Most of the other cherries are rotten and mushy.

He's using what he's got, Cassel DID QB two 10 plus win teams. It doesn't matter if the competition was bad, or the team around him was great. The coaches aren't going to make a case for Cassel being bad in the public, even if they believe he isn't good. Their job isn't to please the ABC crowd, they have to get the players they have ready, one way to make sure that doesn't happen would be to bash the starting QB in the press.

Hammock Parties 06-08-2012 09:11 AM

Daboll is an idiot.

Remember what Charlie Weis said about Cassel?

There's a man to respect.

Messier 06-08-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fine Uncut Meat (Post 8667118)
Daboll is an idiot.

Remember what Charlie Weis said about Cassel?

There's a man to respect.

Weis said he was there to fix the QB. I'll bet based on Cassels 2010 he feels he did that.

What should a coach who doesn't get a say in who starts say about his starting QB, when asked directly, what do you think of Matt Cassel?

Hammock Parties 06-08-2012 09:27 AM

Just say something generic that no one will care about.

Don't insult our intelligence.

Rasputin 06-08-2012 09:28 AM

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...baghdadbob.jpg

Messier 06-08-2012 09:32 AM

I'll say it's a mistake to compare Cassel, or any average QB, to great or really good QB's. It does them no favors.

tredadda 06-08-2012 09:33 AM

One turd polishing another. Nothing serious here. Honestly he was going to say great things about him, I can't imagine Daboll keeping his job long if he were to criticize Cassel to the media. That reflects poorly on the team as it would on any team. Actions speak louder than words though and we will see the kind of support Cassel has during training camp based on if there is any "serious" competition for the starting job or it is all just smoke and mirrors. Unless Stanzi comes on strong it is clear that by bringing in Quinn the Chiefs were never serious about challenging Cassel.

King_Chief_Fan 06-08-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8667053)

been on a good team? when, in NE?
Hasn't been on one since he has been in KC...and maybe he is the reason they haven't been good, but he isn't the only reason.
Since Cassel arrived, it has been a freak show carnival.
Offensive Coordinator revolving door -
Head case head coach
Worse D coordinator since Grob (got much better after Crennel got here)
2011 with all the play makers on the DL.

This year, Cassel is on a good team. Most if not all pieces to be successful are in place. All the excuses will be gone.

ToxSocks 06-08-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8667148)
Actions speak louder than words though

This.

And for all of the knowledgeable posters on this board who bash Pioli for "blindly believing in Matt Cassel", im surprised that no one bothers to mention the most obvious piece of evidence to the contrary.

Look at the way the Chiefs are running their offense. They're building a ground and pound team designed to keep the ball out of Cassel's hands.

That alone speaks volumes about what the Chiefs think of Matt Cassel.

Instead, everyone wants to be reactionary and bite into every piece of coach speak thrown out there.

L.A. Chieffan 06-08-2012 09:51 AM

He's up there with the top guys, most people on here cant see it with there hater glasses on.

Its ok keep hatin haters, Ill be enjoying that 6 and 0 start son!

Ace Gunner 06-08-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8667189)
He's up there with the top guys, most people on here cant see it with there hater glasses on.

Its ok keep hatin haters, Ill be enjoying that 6 and 0 start son!

ROFL you are going to be very disappointed and wrong.

L.A. Chieffan 06-08-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8667205)
ROFL you are going to be very disappointed and wrong.

If we start out 6-0 and and Cassel looks like a stud are you going to be disappointed? Because most of the people on here would be, thats how deep theyre hatred of Matt "Pro-Bowl" Cassell is. I think most of the people here aren't even Chiefs fans actually.

vailpass 06-08-2012 10:07 AM

Brian Daboll

Ace Gunner 06-08-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8667215)
If we start out 6-0 and and Cassel looks like a stud are you going to be disappointed? Because most of the people on here would be, thats how deep theyre hatred of Matt "Pro-Bowl" Cassell is. I think most of the people here aren't even Chiefs fans actually.

no, no! i would be very happy for chiefs fans and hey, i would come back to you and give credit. i just don't see this happening.

i don't hate cassel. i just can't stand watching him play football. his mechanics are the worst of any QB i've ever seen at the NFL level and i've been watching the NFL since the sixties.

L.A. Chieffan 06-08-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8667234)
no, no! i would be very happy for chiefs fans and hey, i would come back to you and give credit. i just don't see this happening.

i don't hate cassel. i just can't stand watching him play football. his mechanics are the worst of any QB i've ever seen at the NFL level and i've been watching the NFL since the sixties.

it went pretty much unnoticed on here but cassel has been working with the esteemed tom house this offseason on mechanics. one less thing to gripe about!

Rasputin 06-08-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8667215)

We can go 13-3 win the division but lose in the playoffs I will still hate the Casshole & his mom too.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-08-2012 10:16 AM

The fact that some of you take this at face value is absolutely hilarious.

L.A. Chieffan 06-08-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8667249)
We can go 13-3 win the division but lose in the playoffs I will still hate the Casshole & his mom too.

and then youll bust out your patriots gear at that point right dude

L.A. Chieffan 06-08-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8667250)
The fact that some of you take this at face value is absolutely hilarious.

daboll is a smart guy and he knows cassel is our man

Ming the Merciless 06-08-2012 10:18 AM

I couldve told you this years ago.

Rasputin 06-08-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8667252)
and then youll bust out your patriots gear at that point right dude

shhhya riiiiight. :rolleyes:

**** the patriots and there way.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-08-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8667254)
daboll is a smart guy and he knows cassel is our man

Franchise QB

Fish 06-08-2012 10:20 AM

Here's some additional cherry picked stats for Matt Cassel's amazing 10 win seasons. These are Cassel's ranks in the league for the respective categories:

2008:
Sacks: 1st in the league with 47. (The year before, Brady had 21. The year after, Brady had 16. Hmmm.)
Comp %: 11th
Avg. Yds: 11th
Yds/Gm: 10th
20+ yd pass: 16th. (Brees was first with an additional 29 passes that went 20+ yds)
40+ yd pass: 18th

2010:
Comp %: 26th
Yards: 19th
Avg. Yds: 18th
Yds/Gm: 24th
20+ yd pass: 16th
40+ yd pass: 24th

His 2008 performance wasn't bad, other than his ridiculous sack numbers that should be a huge red flag. But he still barely got into the top 10 in most categories, and this is with the proficient Pats offense, who won 10+ games from 2001 to 2011 every season except 2002, in which they had 9 wins. So the Pats offense was rolling for an entire decade.

His 2010 season was obviously thanks to Jamaal Charles and the Chiefs #1 ranked rushing attack. His stats that year were pretty shitty for a 10 win team. Nothing about Cassel stands out except the way he handed the ball off.

Wins are all that matter. Daboll got that part correct. But lets not act like those 10 win seasons were directly because of the play of Cassel.

L.A. Chieffan 06-08-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8667260)
Franchise QB

Pretty much. Just wait til he gets that extension

Setsuna 06-08-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8667263)
Pretty much. Just wait til he gets that extension

You're trolling harder than usual. I'm disappointed. Now STFU.

L.A. Chieffan 06-08-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay's Transexual FB (Post 8667265)
You're trolling harder than usual. I'm disappointed. Now STFU.

lick my sack non-chiefs fan. gtfo

Setsuna 06-08-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8667268)
lick my sack non-chiefs fan. gtfo

:deevee: Die in a fire!

Ace Gunner 06-08-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8667244)
it went pretty much unnoticed on here but cassel has been working with the esteemed tom house this offseason on mechanics. one less thing to gripe about!

well, we did have a mention of this in another thread sometime back. imo when you start working throwing mechanics it takes a season to implement on the field as a player, a season to get up to speed with them and then by the third season, you can put it out there as your own automatically. nobody throws the same, he will need to find his way.

imo matt cassel won't change. if he is to have success, he needs to know his timing and adjust for it. he has never been able to nail guys in WCO style shallow cross plays because of his mechanics. he takes too much time to release the ball. therefore, the OC needs to either turn those plays into timing oriented "hit the spot at the right moment" type plays or not use those plays.

this offense has been a smashmouth run offense mixed with vertical pass plays, skinny post stuff. you need WR's that can fly and bowe is a liability there, he's not fast enough to get behind cover.

over the years this offense has integrated WCO type plays, spread/coryell type plays, etc but it is still a smashmouth base offense that requires a badass RB. so, that's why jamaal charles was not really given a chance early on. we all know charles is worthy of changing the system to compliment the player, because he is that good of a player. they did that, got charles to change his style and well, it was working for the chiefs during 2010.

i don't know what is going to transpire now, there are many areas in question such as berry/JC/moeaki injuries and come backs. there is the NT problem and it would be unfair to expect poe to just come in and dominate, i don't believe this will happen.

but, there is a pass rush prospect here with the chiefs, and this is most important to regular season wins, so it could be they do well this year from pass rush.

but, the middle of both lines is questionable at best and I don't really see them doing a whole lot this season. then you have this thing with bowe and I think he's going to be exposed this year, i think other WR's are going to excel in this offense and bowe is going to fall a bit because as i said, he's not the kind of guy that is a vertical threat and breaston/baldwin are. so, if those two can get something going with cassel -- who btw can air the ball out in a vertical offense (see the vertical play he made with moss against the chiefs after brady was injured), then maybe at some point mid season, the dust that is bowe will settle and those speedy WR's will get more catches etc.

it'll take them about that same amount of time for the middle of the offensive line to get going and to me, that is primary in why I believe the team is going to be 500 going through the first half of this season. having hillis is not enough, they need to block up the middle for him to have consistent success.

so, all in all, i think this season will be another 8 - 8 season or something insignificant to a team that is supposed to have a "pro bowl QB" yet can't seem to get going from that position.

Fire Me Boy! 06-08-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8667385)
but, the middle of both lines is questionable at best and I don't really see them doing a whole lot this season. then you have this thing with bowe and I think he's going to be exposed this year, i think other WR's are going to excel in this offense and bowe is going to fall a bit because as i said, he's not the kind of guy that is a vertical threat and breaston/baldwin are. so, if those two can get something going with cassel -- who btw can air the ball out in a vertical offense (see the vertical play he made with moss against the chiefs after brady was injured), then maybe at some point mid season, the dust that is bowe will settle and those speedy WR's will get more catches etc.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu...pehmo3_500.gif

Have you watched any Chiefs football in the past 3 years? He's way more apt to overthrow/underthrow those long balls.

Chiefnj2 06-08-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8667261)
Here's some additional cherry picked stats for Matt Cassel's amazing 10 win seasons. These are Cassel's ranks in the league for the respective categories:

2008:
Sacks: 1st in the league with 47. (The year before, Brady had 21. The year after, Brady had 16. Hmmm.)
Comp %: 11th
Avg. Yds: 11th
Yds/Gm: 10th
20+ yd pass: 16th. (Brees was first with an additional 29 passes that went 20+ yds)
40+ yd pass: 18th

2010:
Comp %: 26th
Yards: 19th
Avg. Yds: 18th
Yds/Gm: 24th
20+ yd pass: 16th
40+ yd pass: 24th

His 2008 performance wasn't bad, other than his ridiculous sack numbers that should be a huge red flag. But he still barely got into the top 10 in most categories, and this is with the proficient Pats offense, who won 10+ games from 2001 to 2011 every season except 2002, in which they had 9 wins. So the Pats offense was rolling for an entire decade.

His 2010 season was obviously thanks to Jamaal Charles and the Chiefs #1 ranked rushing attack. His stats that year were pretty shitty for a 10 win team. Nothing about Cassel stands out except the way he handed the ball off.

Wins are all that matter. Daboll got that part correct. But lets not act like those 10 win seasons were directly because of the play of Cassel.

His numbers with NE were excellent. For a guy that didn't start a game in college and who sat on the bench for a few years in the NFL to come in, even on an excellent team, and put up those numbers is impressive.

In 2010 he had Bowe and Moeaki as receiving threats and that was it. He got both of them the ball. Heck, Bowe had 15 TDs. Moeaki looked decent. Receiving depth was so bad that Pioli and Haley in their wisest judgment brought in a brand spanking new #2 receiver for the playoffs several days before the game.

Maybe with some better receivers and a head coach that isn't insane the guy can finally settle down in the pocket and handle pressure a little better.

Fire Me Boy! 06-08-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8667385)
well, we did have a mention of this in another thread sometime back. imo when you start working throwing mechanics it takes a season to implement on the field as a player, a season to get up to speed with them and then by the third season, you can put it out there as your own automatically. nobody throws the same, he will need to find his way.

imo matt cassel won't change. if he is to have success, he needs to know his timing and adjust for it. he has never been able to nail guys in WCO style shallow cross plays because of his mechanics. he takes too much time to release the ball. therefore, the OC needs to either turn those plays into timing oriented "hit the spot at the right moment" type plays or not use those plays.

this offense has been a smashmouth run offense mixed with vertical pass plays, skinny post stuff. you need WR's that can fly and bowe is a liability there, he's not fast enough to get behind cover.

over the years this offense has integrated WCO type plays, spread/coryell type plays, etc but it is still a smashmouth base offense that requires a badass RB. so, that's why jamaal charles was not really given a chance early on. we all know charles is worthy of changing the system to compliment the player, because he is that good of a player. they did that, got charles to change his style and well, it was working for the chiefs during 2010.

i don't know what is going to transpire now, there are many areas in question such as berry/JC/moeaki injuries and come backs. there is the NT problem and it would be unfair to expect poe to just come in and dominate, i don't believe this will happen.

but, there is a pass rush prospect here with the chiefs, and this is most important to regular season wins, so it could be they do well this year from pass rush.

it'll take them about that same amount of time for the middle of the offensive line to get going and to me, that is primary in why I believe the team is going to be 500 going through the first half of this season. having hillis is not enough, they need to block up the middle for him to have consistent success.

so, all in all, i think this season will be another 8 - 8 season or something insignificant to a team that is supposed to have a "pro bowl QB" yet can't seem to get going from that position.

Also.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kEdLm94xQJ...le-autorun.png

Ace Gunner 06-08-2012 11:13 AM

but we can certainly compare notes after the season. if you are worth a shit.

notorious 06-08-2012 11:14 AM

Great, we had an old **** calling plays last year, now we have a senile **** calling plays this year.

BoneKrusher 06-08-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8667254)
daboll is a smart guy and he knows cassel is our weak kink

fyp

Ace Gunner 06-08-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8667394)
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu...pehmo3_500.gif

Have you watched any Chiefs football in the past 3 years? He's way more apt to overthrow/underthrow those long balls.

ya, that's why i said "bowe is going to be exposed this year" is because it is not obvious to fans like you that bowe is a terrible route runner and has every ****ing excuse for not getting down field, just like his fans do.

bowe has got to go. you watch. if things pan out the way i said, bowe is gone and these new WR's will make cassel look like moss made cassel look. decent.

and don't even come back to me saying i said cassel is not the problem. i will not watch the chiefs until that ****ing queer is on the bench.

both cassel and bowe are ****ing tards. but mostly it is bowe.

here's the play i pointed out -- it is a 35 yard pass to moss, in stride and effortless, so ya, bowe is a liability in cassel's weak game;

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-englan...sel-highlights

and oh btw - just because i like you, i will begin typing with proper caps.

RustShack 06-08-2012 11:45 AM

Matt Cassel will be a winner this year. But only because the rest of the team carries him to the playoffs. He isn't going to lose us games, and that's all he has to do with this team.

durtyrute 06-08-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8667466)
ya, that's why i said "bowe is going to be exposed this year" is because it is not obvious to fans like you that bowe is a terrible route runner and has every ****ing excuse for not getting down field, just like his fans do.

bowe has got to go. you watch. if things pan out the way i said, bowe is gone and these new WR's will make cassel look like moss made cassel look. decent.

and don't even come back to me saying i said cassel is not the problem. i will not watch the chiefs until that ****ing queer is on the bench.

here's the play i pointed out -- it is a 35 yard pass to moss, in stride and effortless, so ya, bowe is a liability in cassel's weak game;

That play made me sicker than just about any play evar!!! How the **** does that happen?

Titty Meat 06-08-2012 12:19 PM

Love threads like these. What do you expect him to say?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

ToxSocks 06-08-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

You go to every game and watch Bowe run routes?

Fire Me Boy! 06-08-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Dude.... Cassel overthrows and underthrows deep balls way more often than he hits anyone in stride. Your Moss example.... even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Ace Gunner 06-08-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8667595)
Dude.... Cassel overthrows and underthrows deep balls way more often than he hits anyone in stride. Your Moss example.... even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Do your homework -- Watch Matt Cassel, Patriots QB and then try to convince yourself. It won't happen.