ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reiter: Chiefs, fans hate each other... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264791)

DaWolf 10-07-2012 09:01 PM

Reiter: Chiefs, fans hate each other...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/k...esponds-100712

Some strong comments...

Quote:

There was more, a lot more, and it boiled down to this: Winston was embarrassed by Chiefs fans. He was sickened by them. He wanted no part of them just as virulently as they seem to want no part of him and his teammates.
Quote:

What a jarring change. What a sign of just how wide the gulf has grown under the stewardship of co-owner, CEO and chairman Clark Hunt and his hand-picked general manager, Scott Pioli, between a once-beloved team and its once-celebrated fans

How to pass out the blame? Is it, in part, because Clark Hunt seems as distant from this team as his dad seemed connected to it? Because where Lamar walked Arrowhead with a folksy connectedness and everyman-look, Clark travels with a personal assistant who seems to be trying too hard to play a character from the movie Wall Street? Because Pioli’s ego — the one that seems to have kept his $55-million quarterback in the driver’s seat even as he drove it toward this divide — is as bad for reaching fans as it has been at winning football games? Because two decades is too long for anyone to wait for a playoff win? Because we take sports much, much too seriously? Because sports, as much as anything, becomes one of our primary means of escapes in tough times and an unhealthy fixation when historically-difficult economic times descend?
Quote:

Is that what we see in Winston’s rant, the fans’ bloodlust for one of their own and the unlikability and underperformance of the key people who have pushed us to this point? Have we seen an irrevocable change to the special bond between the Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City?

memyselfI 10-07-2012 09:07 PM

Nailed it.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-07-2012 09:08 PM

Boom.

RealSNR 10-07-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8990328)
Nailed it.

Your mother?

notorious 10-07-2012 09:10 PM

Pioli has caused this. He has basically given us the finger and told us that we are idiots by keeping Cassel out there. Do you expect us to keep patting our franchise on the back for shitting on our face?

I support the players and the team. They have been put in a horrible position. My beef is with Management.

He can go to hell.

RealSNR 10-07-2012 09:11 PM

Pioli put Cassel in that position. No one else. If he cares about Casshole like a ****ing son, he should have benched him when the fans were getting too rowdy. Or when, oh, I don't know... he became Captain Interception.

No excuses here. Cassel should have been benched, and he wasn't. When you place that kind of shit on a fanbase desperate to break out of the cycle of mediocrity, shit like this will happen.

**** Cassel. **** Pioli. **** Hunt. **** Reiter. **** Winston.

Anybody I'm missing?

Coogs 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

I really think most Chiefs fans love this team and it players. Exceptions being Cassel and Pioli. Winston may have skated out onto thin ice with those two fellas as well.

RealSNR 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8990340)
Pioli has caused this. He has basically given us the finger and told us that we are idiots by keeping Cassel out there. Do you expect us to keep patting our franchise on the back for shitting on our face?

I support the players and the team. They have been put in a horrible position. My beef is with Management.

He can go to hell.

Great minds?

Iowanian 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8990328)
Nailed it.

You've essentially been absent for years, with the exception of when this team is getting it's ass kicked.

You're still the same pathetic, scab of a raider fan you've always been.

Winston hasn't been in Kansas City long enough to see his first snow, he doesn't speak for this team and he sure as hell doesn't know shit about this fan base.

Winston, Piss off.

notorious 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8990345)
Pioli put Cassel in that position. No one else. If he cares about Casshole like a ****ing son, he should have benched him when the fans were getting too rowdy. Or when, oh, I don't know... he became Captain Interception.

No excuses here. Cassel should have been benched, and he wasn't. When you place that kind of shit on a fanbase desperate to break out of the cycle of mediocrity, shit like this will happen.

Anybody I'm missing?

Ya, **** Breast Cancer.

lewdog 10-07-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Anybody I'm missing?

MemyselfI????

stonedstooge 10-07-2012 09:13 PM

I'll take George's word over this Reiter fellow. This is just Pisoli trying to "prove" he's in charge

ChiefsCountry 10-07-2012 09:14 PM

Basically an egoistic bastard from New England has turned the heartland on our beloved team. **** Pioli, sooner he is gone the better.

Pablo 10-07-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Anybody I'm missing?

**** Romeo.

Simply Red 10-07-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8990335)
Your mother?

this

Iowanian 10-07-2012 09:15 PM

Where Reiter is wrong is this.

Chief fans love the Chiefs enough to know that this team should be more.

If our brother were a crackhead, we'd eventually call for an intervention and tell him he's being an asshole and throwing away his life. That's where I'm at with what this team has given this Fan base for a long, long time.

We deserve better.

Or....as the Chiefs would say to the fans.

#get over it

Backwards Masking 10-07-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Anybody I'm missing?

**** Crennel. **** Horseface (completely unrelated but **** him anyway)

notorious 10-07-2012 09:16 PM

It's all part of the plan.

Franchise shits on fanbase; fanbase turns on franchise.

Franchise relocates to LA due to fan disconnect.

/silly tinfoil hat rant

Bugeater 10-07-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8990356)
MemyselfI????

Be my guest, I ain't touching that nasty gash though.

jd1020 10-07-2012 09:17 PM

I think Winston's problem is that he doesn't realize that he went from a winning program to a losing program without a playoff win since 93. He probably thinks its out of character for the Chiefs to be bad and the fans shouldn't be upset.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-07-2012 09:17 PM

The Browns didn't hire Pioli in 09 because "he wanted the power only God would demand."

Clark made a huge mistake. The dude's ego is bigger than the world.

Psyko Tek 10-07-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8990311)

a year ago I said get this man a kc jersey and a beer
he gives less of **** for football than I do for soccer
bet he hasn't had a beer since college
or watched a football game his dad didn't make him
sell it to Johnson county
tired of idiot owners
cities should own the teAMS

YEAH IT WILL BE UGLY

RealSNR 10-07-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8990365)

If our brother were a crackhead, we'd eventually call for an intervention and tell him he's being an asshole and throwing away his life. That's where I'm at with what this team has given this Fan base for a long, long time.

We deserve better.

#get over it

****ing THIS.

Denise is a whore

GloryDayz 10-07-2012 09:20 PM

All the City wants is a team that wins. Both the Chiefs and Royals each use convenient excuses for how that can't happen. F*** both organizations and their players if they can't understand our frustration.

Too bad Winston can't do anything directly to win the fans "back" - he can't score 52 touchdowns, throw them, nor catch them. He can't sack the opposing QBs 52 time either, nor lead the team in tackles. He's a blocker on the offensive side of the line, so all he can do is not give up sacks and open holes for the visible stars to run through. So he needs to STFU and try at least doing the latter for a change... An uphill battle for him I suspect!

Discuss Thrower 10-07-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8990370)
It's all part of the plan.

Franchise shits on fanbase; fanbase turns on franchise.

Franchise relocates to LA due to fan disconnect.

/silly tinfoil hat rant

I don't think it's too far fetched in the slightest.

qabbaan 10-07-2012 09:21 PM

There has not been any kind of irrevocable change. The fan base here's not different. We just haven't won a playoff game in twenty years and we are tired of the acceptance of mediocrity (or less).

There seems to be zero accountability on this team, from Cassel on up to ownership. Protesting is the only thing fans can do other than not show up, and most of us still love the team too much to ignore them.

Brock 10-07-2012 09:21 PM

This is like some girlfriend you once had who treated you like shit and then acted all offended when you broke it off.

notorious 10-07-2012 09:21 PM

"And it doesn’t help that one of Cassel’s 14 turnovers on the season — meaning he had more than any other NFL team when he left the game"

JFC

:facepalm:

Iowanian 10-07-2012 09:21 PM

Sounds like she must be someone's mother.....

notorious 10-07-2012 09:24 PM

With silence from the fanbase ensues, that is when Clark will start to worry.

We will have completely given up when that happens. He might start to make less money.

Simply Red 10-07-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8990352)
You've essentially been absent for years, with the exception of when this team is getting it's ass kicked.

You're still the same pathetic, scab of a raider fan you've always been.

Winston hasn't been in Kansas City long enough to see his first snow, he doesn't speak for this team and he sure as hell doesn't know shit about this fan base.

Winston, Piss off.

http://i.imgur.com/J7548.gif

TEX 10-07-2012 09:26 PM

FIRE PIOLI.

DaWolf 10-07-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8990365)

We deserve better.

#get over it

Yep. All we want is a winner and a team we can be proud of watching. Playing guys who are incompetent at their jobs is not what represents KC. It is actually good to see people are not kicking back and taking this lying down. This is very similar to what we saw with Denver fans and McDanels...

DaFace 10-07-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8990348)
I really think most Chiefs fans love this team and it players. Exceptions being Cassel and Pioli. Winston may have skated out onto thin ice with those two fellas as well.

I don't even think there's a need for an exception for Cassel. I don't dislike Cassel any more than I dislike Jackie Battle. He's an underperformer at his position that simply needs to be upgraded. Cassel's only crime was taking the paycheck, and I can't blame him for that.

He needed to be benched, but all the blame for the situation lies with Pioli.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 09:29 PM

As far as I'm concerned every jackass on that roster actually trying to win games this year is an enemy of the franchise.

Tank, you buffoons.

Bowe was MVP today with his tipped ball INT. Oh, and DMC, for ****ing us twice with penalties. Best game he's played.

notorious 10-07-2012 09:30 PM

The media needs to get this shit straight:

WE DO NOT HATE THE PLAYERS. WE HATE THE JACKASS GM AND OWNER.

jjjayb 10-07-2012 09:31 PM

All the bitching, complaining, banner flying and empty seats in the stadium have not caused any change in Chiefs management. Pioli is so stubborn, that our entire offense today revolved around keeping the ball out of Cassel's hands. Yet he was still in the game? How on earth do you run the ball what? 30 times to 4 passes in the first half, yet not pull the QB. You obviously have such little confidence in him that you refuse to even use him, yet you keep him in the game. As bad as it is to cheer for an injured player, I would really hope that now that it's happened, this will at least cause Clark Hunt to finally get his head out of his ass.

The gameplan we ran today was embarrasing. It was a slap in the face to this fanbase. Is Pioli's ego so big that he would rather keep a QB in that you have to game plan around!?! Was it a big FU from Pioli for the "Fire Pioli - Bench Cassel" banner? A nice middle finger to all the fans and media calling for Pioli's head for sticking with Matt? I hate to say it, but Whitlock was right.

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8990431)
As far as I'm concerned every jackass on that roster actually trying to win games this year is an enemy of the franchise.

Tank, you buffoons.

Bowe was MVP today with his tipped ball INT. Oh, and DMC, for ****ing us twice with penalties. Best game he's played.

I don't see how Cassel isn't the tank MVP. I mean, he GAVE AWAY the game.

FAX 10-07-2012 09:32 PM

Guys, this is bad.

The national media are, in essence, giving Pioli a defense by demeaning the fans. It's a story line with a sub-text like, "Chiefs fans are so stupid and unsportsmanlike and rude, they wouldn't know a good GM if he crapped on their coffee table. But what can you expect from a bunch of fly-over-state rednecks?"

Something like that.

We need to get the real story out to these media knuckleheads. It's important that they realize we're not the ignorant clod-kickers Pioli would like them to believe we are.

I encourage all Planeteers to respond by contacting these writers with the truth. I know I will be doing just that.

Oh, and if you want to know the truth, please refer to Mr. gblowfish's 10 Things I'd Like To Stuff Up Pioli's Ass. It's all there.

FAX

qabbaan 10-07-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8990425)
I don't even think there's a need for an exception for Cassel. I don't dislike Cassel any more than I dislike Jackie Battle. He's an underperformer at his position that simply needs to be upgraded. Cassel's only crime was taking the paycheck, and I can't blame him for that.

I agree. I believe he is trying his best. His life is probably hell right now despite all the effort in the world.

Cassel is personally not to blame for this, he's doing his job the best he can. It's Romeo and Pioli who are to blame for the team's condition.

Coogs 10-07-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Possible, but I kind of have a little distaste for Cassel too. Most of that stems from the fact that he doesn't man up to his mistakes. Hell, 4 turnovers today in limited chances. Probably graded out perfectly in his opinion.

Discuss Thrower 10-07-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8990446)
Guys, this is bad.

The national media are, in essence, giving Pioli a defense by demeaning the fans. It's a story line with a sub-text like, "Chiefs fans are so stupid and unsportsmanlike and rude, they wouldn't know a good GM if he crapped on their coffee table. But what can you expect from a bunch of fly-over-state rednecks?"

Something like that.

We need to get the real story out to these media knuckleheads. It's important that they realize we're not the ignorant clod-kickers Pioli would like them to believe we are.

I encourage all Planeteers to respond by contacting these writers with the truth. I know I will be doing just that.

Oh, and if you want to know the truth, please refer to Mr. gblowfish's 10 Things I'd Like To Stuff Up Pioli's Ass. It's all there.

FAX

This. The banner doesn't help in this regard at all.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Have we seen an irrevocable change to the special bond between the Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City?
Nope.

Pioli, Crennel and Cassel aren't Chiefs.

They are assholes ****ing up the Chiefs.

They should all be kidnapped and sold to slave traders in the Congo.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8990444)
I don't see how Cassel isn't the tank MVP. I mean, he GAVE AWAY the game.

If that bastard would have just quit in New Orleans we'd be 0-5.

jjjayb 10-07-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8990450)
I agree. I believe he is trying his best. His life is probably hell right now despite all the effort in the world.

Cassel is personally not to blame for this, he's doing his job the best he can. It's Romeo and Pioli who are to blame for the team's condition.

Not to blame? He's a thief. The man is stealing a paycheck.

notorious 10-07-2012 09:36 PM

War gets ugly.

Lies are going to be spewed. We know we are in the right, so let's just keep fighting along.

Who cares what anyone else thinks?

bowener 10-07-2012 09:39 PM

Being a fan of this team is like being the parent or friend of a drug addict.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8990469)
War gets ugly.

Lies are going to be spewed. We know we are in the right, so let's just keep fighting along.

In the end, we will win, because Pioli has done all of this to himself.

He is a dumbass, continues to do stupid ****ing things, and just keeps giving us more ammo.

All we have to do is expose him by passing around the stone cold facts.

stonedstooge 10-07-2012 09:40 PM

Will Whitlock step up to the plate for the fans?

CaliforniaChief 10-07-2012 09:40 PM

We love the Chiefs. Hell, we keep watching and are passionate about them to spend the money we spend on tickets, merchandise, parking, concessions, DTV Sunday Ticket, and the investment of our time.

Considering what this team has put us through, it's a miracle there aren't only 50 people there.

This is good. The national attention forces the media to ask the question: "How did the Chiefs come to this? How did a franchise who was once known for its passionate and supportive fans lose them? Who changed?"

CaliforniaChief 10-07-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

War gets ugly.

Yes. This is progress.

tk13 10-07-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8990488)

He is a dumbass, continues to do stupid ****ing things, and just keeps giving us more ammo.

That depends on Clark Hunt. If he doesn't care, you aren't going to win anything. If he cares and is bothered by this, he's probably going to drop the hammer regardless of what anyone else does because this has been a disaster.

Discuss Thrower 10-07-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8990488)

Or "we" lose if the team winds up moving to LA in light of poor ticket sales and an unfriendly local environment...

GloryDayz 10-07-2012 09:42 PM

The good news is that we have plenty of coin in the war chest to fly more truths above the games...

FAX 10-07-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

War gets ugly.

Mr. notorious, I hesitate to offer counsel and advice to a poster with your undeniable skill and acumen.

But perception is reality. Check it. Market down.

FAX

Pitt Gorilla 10-07-2012 09:43 PM

Honestly, if one is cheering an injury, they probably are taking sports too seriously.

jd1020 10-07-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8990517)
Or "we" lose if the team winds up moving to LA in light of poor ticket sales and an unfriendly local environment...

I would consider that a win if I lived in KC. Would no longer be tempted to buy tickets to watch a team that hasn't won anything meaningful in 43 years.

Brock 10-07-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Well, bye.

Phobia 10-07-2012 09:50 PM

We're going to be here when all these coaches, GM's, and players are gone. Or are we?

ToxSocks 10-07-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8990446)
Guys, this is bad.

Something like that.

FAX

This.

And to make matters worse, the Nation will never hear the fan's side of the story. Now we're just the "classless" fan base who boo'd our injured QB.

BossChief 10-07-2012 09:56 PM

WE fans absolutely DONT hate the Chiefs...quite the opposite.

WE LOVE THEM and thats why we are still here and havent abandoned them...even though they probably deserve it.

What we are trying to do is institute some "tough love" to the management of this team because the fans, players and media all deserve better than this shit sandwich.

Forcing us to watch Cassel for this long is "cruel and unusual punishment" and is undeserved and is against our constitutional rights.

notorious 10-07-2012 09:57 PM

I would rather be considered to be "Classless fans" that don't put up with losers than the "Classy fans" that allow failure to go unchecked.

We are far from classless, and any educated person will know that a few dumbasses in the crowd are the minority.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-07-2012 09:58 PM

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

KS Smitty 10-07-2012 10:03 PM

What a cluster****.

1 player called out by the fans and players calling out the fans. :shake:

If Winston's rant echoes the sentiment of the rest of the team then yeah, gtf out of town. The bond between the fans and players of the Chiefs (with the exception of some prima dona players) has always been tight even when the team played poorly. The fact that Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli have no clue of this is, IMO, a major problem. Hell even King Carl new the fan base in KC was a major advantage for the team, especially in home game situations. I have been a fan since before the AFL/NFL merger and have never seen such alienation by the front office towards its fans. Now the fans are being called classless???? Yeah it's real classy for a GM to be so narcissistic that HIS choices are the only ones that matter and for an owner to be so uninvolved that he hasn't a clue of the true nature of the fans or his GM and head coach.

I certainly don't hate any of the players, including Matt Cassel, hell I'd probably root for him if he played for Denver or Oakland, but I do hate the fact that the FO appears to take the fans for granted. As long as the fans keep shelling out money for team apparel, tickets etc. there will be little or no change cuz it's all about the benjamins for Clark Hunt.

DaWolf 10-07-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8990604)
WE fans absolutely DONT hate the Chiefs...quite the opposite.

WE LOVE THEM and thats why we are still here and havent abandoned them...even though they probably deserve it.

What we are trying to do is institute some "tough love" to the management of this team because the fans, players and media all deserve better than this shit sandwich.

Forcing us to watch Cassel for this long is "cruel and unusual punishment" and is undeserved and is against our constitutional rights.

I agree. We love the "Chiefs." I think what Reiter is insinuating is that the fans hate this iteration of the team, from the GM on down.

And I think there is a point to be made to that. In general, people here hate the FO. They hate the QB. They hate the defensive scheme. They think the coach is a joke. They ridicule McCluster. Bowe is viewed as a knucklehead who drops passes (although I think the fans are now sympathizing for him because he's stuck with Cassel).

I think there are individuals that the fan base loves or wants to love, from Charles and Hali to DJ and Houston and Berry. But I think the fan base has been put in a position where there is more focus on overpaid underachievers like Dorsey and Jackson and Cassel than anything else...

CaliforniaChief 10-07-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8990585)
This.

And to make matters worse, the Nation will never hear the fan's side of the story. Now we're just the "classless" fan base who boo'd our injured QB.

Maybe not. Remember when the Royals fans were known for being classless for booing Cano out of the HR Derby? Yeah, neither does the nation, who remembers Royals fans as the classy bunch who cheered Cabrera for winning the triple crown.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Not happening.

You can't buy this kind of fan commitment.

We love our team so much we've gone completely insane trying to do what little we can to fix it from the outside.

This is the equivalent of 80,000 fans screaming their lungs out in a playoff game, only Scott Pioli is the opposing quarterback.

Discuss Thrower 10-07-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8990680)
Not happening.

You can't buy this kind of fan commitment.

We love our team so much we've gone completely insane trying to do what little we can to fix it from the outside.

This is the equivalent of 80,000 fans screaming their lungs out in a playoff game, only Scott Pioli is the opposing quarterback.

The more I think about it, the more plausible it seems that there is a conscious effort to thin out Arrowhead to make a move palpable to important (and monied) parties.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8990685)
The more I think about it, the more plausible it seems that there is a conscious effort to thin out Arrowhead to make a move palpable to important (and monied) parties.

Bullshit. The Hunts will never move the Chiefs. They won't shit on what daddy built.

(I mean...they won't shit on it more :facepalm:)

notorious 10-07-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Like in the movie "Major League"?

It's funny to think about, but I don't believe they can move. Don't they have a contract with the city?

ChiefsCountry 10-07-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Chiefs are tied to Kansas City until 2031. You guys need to quit with the tinfoil shit.

BossChief 10-07-2012 10:22 PM

Booing an injured player IS classless...but no more classless than not even attempting to attain a premier quarterback in football and being content with a terrible leader while lying to the fanbase about things like a quarterback competition (when you never intended to have one in the first place) and hiring an OC from a playoff team...knowing full well you only have eyes for a coach that will swallow Cassels load with no questions asked, in Daboll.

Adding to that are the pent up frustrations of this fanbase having to deal with trying to get excited for decades of the team acquiring its quarterbacks by bringing in other teams backups and trying to make them our stars.

The 49ers Had Montana and Young and we got an 80 year old Montana, then Bono and Grbac
The Patriots have Brady and we got Huard and Cassel

We are sick of that route and have been for a very long time.

We want OUR QUARTERBACK...a guy that instills THE CHIEFS WAY.

Pioli has said that he doesnt feel that drafting a first round quarterback is the way championship teams are built and that alone is reason for dismissal.

Its like a person working for McDonalds telling its customers that the hamburgers are bad for you.

FFS, fire this POS and hire a guy that will do whatever it takes to get a guy that will lead us to playoff wins and hopefully a championship or two before this young group of players' careers are wasted.

BigRock 10-07-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8990664)
Maybe not. Remember when the Royals fans were known for being classless for booing Cano out of the HR Derby? Yeah, neither does the nation, who remembers Royals fans as the classy bunch who cheered Cabrera for winning the triple crown.

I've already seen two national articles on Cassel's booing that mention Robinson Cano. The Cano thing was a story. Cheering for Miggy, much like cheering Chipper Jones at the ASG, got mentioned once or twice and was forgotten 5 minutes later.

BossChief 10-07-2012 10:31 PM

If Hunt wanted to move the Chiefs, he could have.

He chose to stay here and dumped a brinks truck of his own cash into upgrading the stadium.

He has also shown that he is willing to spend money on players.

Big contracts to

Cassel
Hali
Flowers
DJ
Charles
Winston

Show that.

the problem is where that money is spent and how much that guy values the quarterback position and the teams winning over his own ego and failure to admit he made a mistake on the biggest moves he has had to make without Bill Billicheck holding his hand.

If we remove Pioli and replace him with a guy that understands what kind of quarterback it takes to win and what kind of coaching staff it takes to develop the talent we have on board, we will turn this thing around QUICKLY

My hope is that Clark Hunt is smart enough to realize ll of this and makes the necessary changes sooner rather than later.

BossChief 10-07-2012 10:38 PM

CLARK HUNT: IF YOU OR SOMEONE THAT WORKS FOR YOU READS THIS...

Scott Pioli has STOLEN over 120 million dollars from you with horrible decision making and thats not including countless hundreds of millions of indirect funds over the last 4 years.

Tyson Jackson got over 50 million and will be cut before his rookie contract expires
Scott Pioli has personally taken 20 million and refuses to get this team a quarterback in a league that one is REQUIRED
Matt Cassel will have taken 50 million by years end and if you watch the games, you know how bad of an investment that cost was.

This guy will NEVER bring this city a championship and will continue to make you look like an absentee owner of a laughing stock franchise unless you institute change.

Discuss Thrower 10-07-2012 10:39 PM

Lamar was alive when the stadium deal was reached though.

Lease agreements can be broken as well..

Smed1065 10-07-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Your and idiot.

If they run it like this, we win.

New World Order 10-07-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Anybody I'm missing?

Tyson jackson with the THIRD OVERALL FUKKING PICK of the draft. Some teams get franchise quarterbacks like Matt Ryan within that range, others get freaks of nature who can rush the passer like Von Miller, we got a fat 3/4 DE who doesn't penetrate the line, never makes any kind of impact when the opposing team drops back to pass. Ropati Petuitua (spelling?) had 2 sacks and 6 tackles when he replaced Dorsey in the SD game.

Could throw hillis in there when we could of tried to sign Michael Bush. Hillis was bitching and crying after the Atlanta game and then proceeded to fumble on the 1 yard line against Buffalo at the end of the first half.

Brock 10-07-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8990748)
Lamar was alive when the stadium deal was reached though.

Lease agreements can be broken as well..

This is not a serious discussion point.

T-post Tom 10-07-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

:thumb: