ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football How do you feel about NFL being sued by Kaepernick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310859)

cooper barrett 10-15-2017 09:58 PM

How do you feel about NFL being sued by Kaepernick?

I am not doing a poll but this could could blowout the Players Union agreements and possibly become the beginning of the end of the NFL as we know it.

What are your thoughts?

Msmith 10-15-2017 10:02 PM

Should this be in the Political Forum? But if you think he sucks, then let this thread stays.

eDave 10-15-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmith (Post 13155188)
Should this be in the Political Forum? But if you think he sucks, then let this thread stays.

Oh there's one there already.

TribalElder 10-15-2017 10:02 PM

He ends up in Green Bay?

Mav 10-15-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13155192)
He ends up in Green Bay?

They've spent three years developing Brett Hundley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bugeater 10-15-2017 10:08 PM

I don't know anything about it.

bigjosh 10-15-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 13155207)
They've spent three years developing Brett Hundley.

The same way the chiefs spent 5 years "developing" Bray?

BryanBusby 10-15-2017 10:11 PM

When you watch Matt Cassel take snaps, I don't think you can say he doesn't have a point. Or Kevin Hogan.

They ****ing suck dick. Collusion is taking place.

Hammock Parties 10-15-2017 10:13 PM

Suing the most powerful professional sports league in the world, one that is led by a guy who used to be a ****ing lawyer, seems like a really bright move.

But we all know Colin Kaepernick is a bright young man.

Buehler445 10-15-2017 10:13 PM

I honestly can't bring myself to give a ****.

RealSNR 10-15-2017 10:14 PM

I agree with Busby that collusion is definitely taking place, but other than receiving cash for financial damages, how can this be rectified if he wins?

Because this is a league of teams, you can't legally make a team sign him.

BigRedChief 10-15-2017 10:15 PM

At a minimum, He is obviously better than a lot of teams backups. He should have a job. It's a case of collusion.

Buehler445 10-15-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155216)
When you watch Matt Cassel take snaps, I don't think you can say he doesn't have a point. Or Kevin Hogan.

They ****ing suck dick. Collusion is taking place.

Oh that's a reach. Casshole has been cashing undeserved checks for close to a decade.

It's the same shit TO and Teblows fought. They're not worth the clown show they ride in on. That's on ESPN not the owners.

The owners are largely sword swallowing sister****ers but to say there is obvious collusion is a reach.

BryanBusby 10-15-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13155232)
Oh that's a reach. Casshole has been cashing undeserved checks for close to a decade.

It's the same shit TO and Teblows fought. They're not worth the clown show they ride in on. That's on ESPN not the owners.

The owners are largely sword swallowing sister****ers but to say there is obvious collusion is a reach.

TO was a dinosaur age wise and Tebow ****ing sucked. Kaep was ok last year and should be on a team. No ****ing way will you ever convince me Weeden, Casssel, Hogan, etc are worth a spot over him.

Frazod 10-15-2017 10:22 PM

He's kind of like Sam in a couple of ways. First off, he can't just be a player - he has to be a HEY HEY LOOK AT ME AND MY CAUSE WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVERYTHING ELSE kind of player. Nobody wants that distraction on their team in an age where the liberal media is like a swarm of locusts destroying everything in its path in the name of progress.

And second, also like Sam, he's nowhere near good enough to justify the baggage.

Imon Yourside 10-15-2017 10:22 PM

Is he better than many collecting checks? absolutely! That being said if none of the owners want to deal with the headache then they have the right to not touch him with a 10 foot pole.

dls6501 10-15-2017 10:24 PM

This is probably going to be a difficult suit for Colin to win. I absolutely think he is being blackballed.

Kyle DeLexus 10-15-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13155228)
At a minimum, He is obviously better than a lot of teams backups. He should have a job. It's a case of collusion.

But does he want to be a backup? What kind of contract is he looking for? If he wants to be a starter, he is the type of QB that can win you enough games to not pick in the top 10 and get a real franchise guy. You either want a franchise QB or someone with the potential to be a franchise QB that if they fail will land you a top 10 draft pick to get a franchise QB.

If he is ok being a backup and will accept a backup contract, he should have a job.

TrebMaxx 10-15-2017 10:27 PM

Meh.

cooper barrett 10-15-2017 10:32 PM

Mark John Geragos is an Armenian-American criminal defense lawyer. Clients that he has represented include Michael Jackson, actress Winona Ryder, politician Gary Condit, Susan McDougal, and Scott Peterson. He was also involved in the Whitewater controversy. Geragos represented suspended NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield; Paul and Kulbir Dhaliwal, two brothers injured after a tiger escaped in San Francisco Zoo; and musician Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty in the assault of his then girlfriend Rihanna. In addition, he assisted the family of David Carradine in the aftermath of his accidental auto-erotic death.

Geragos & Geragos official statement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMOAghJV4AEZ9pS.jpg

lcarus 10-15-2017 10:36 PM

Clearly the argument isn't whether he's better than a lot of the backups in the league and possibly a few starters as well. It's whether a team wants the PR bull that comes with signing him. If he was good enough, he'd be on a team somewhere because the pros would outweigh the cons.

Frazod 10-15-2017 10:37 PM

Let's keep things in perspective - this ****ing turd lost his job to Blaine Gabbert. :spock:

Bwana 10-15-2017 10:48 PM

**** him.

cooper barrett 10-15-2017 10:49 PM

if the Packers offer a minimum contract for the remainder of 2017, the grievance would still continue, maybe gain strength if he plays well....

FYI: If Kaepernick can prove collusion, he stands to receive a sizable amount of money. His damages would be tripled: hypothetically, if Kaepernick proves that collusion cost him $10 million, he would be awarded $30 million in damages.

Ming the Merciless 10-15-2017 11:00 PM

it could be pretty embarassing for Kaep when they make the judgment that it wasnt collusion by 32 teams and the NFL that kept him from getting a job, it was because he sucks

BigRedChief 10-15-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13155303)
Let's keep things in perspective - this ****ing turd lost his job to Blaine Gabbert. :spock:

inget that he may not be a starter for a team. But who is going to say with a straight face that he is not better than some teams backup? He's worse than Clevelands backup? Really?

Frazod 10-15-2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13155375)
inget that he may not be a starter for a team. But who is going to say with a straight face that he is not better than some teams backup? He's worse than Clevelands backup? Really?

You want all the bullshit that comes with him just so he can be your backup? The media coverage? The fan outrage? Over a ****ing backup?

NO, you don't. That's why the loudmouth one who sucks the penis doesn't have a job. Well, that and he sucks.

BryanBusby 10-15-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13155375)

He's a starter for a handful of teams.

Over Yonder 10-15-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13155358)
it could be pretty embarassing for Kaep when they make the judgment that it wasnt collusion by 32 teams and the NFL that kept him from getting a job, it was because he sucks

Yea, that's pretty much the skinny of it.

Mile High Mania 10-15-2017 11:35 PM

Here's my thought on this...

The NFL really hasn't taken a stance on Kaepernick's lack of empolyment, have they?

What about guys like Darrell Revis? 32 and not signed, correct? He's likely better than a lot of guys on depth charts playing due to injury. There have to be a dozen other names like that... they won't all be apples to apples, but I'm not sure they have to be. RGIII and others are out there all have baggage and be honest, no team wants Kaep's baggage esp at this point.

How do you prove collusion when the NFL or any hack online can find a dozen similar caliber players that are also unemployed? I think part of the goal here is to screw the NFL... if they can prove this, then it blows up the current CBA, I believe.

Frazod 10-15-2017 11:38 PM

If they league loses, do they have to MAKE somebody sign the sonofabitch? How would that work? A lottery drawing where everybody has a ball (except New England, of course) and the loser gets him? LMAO

Gadzooks 10-15-2017 11:40 PM

The only thing I don't like about football is the NFL.
It used to be the NFL owner's would've clamped down on this type of shit as is their right as employers. Now-a-days, if it makes headlines, go with it. Politics are popular so let's bring it into our sport to get more exposure.
They have a breast cancer month where everyone wears pink and 15% of the money goes towards breast cancer research. Katy Perry, Coldplay, Beyonce, Madonna as Super Bowl half-time shows? Are we 12 year old girls?
The NFL is killing itself in the name of popularity and, more importantly, profits. This isn't sustainable.

kjwood75nro 10-15-2017 11:43 PM

Every company in any state has a caustic, loudmouth, semi-competent load of bullshit and baggage that can claim to be slightly more competent than the absolute bottom-tier of said company.

So what?

Frazod 10-15-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 13155409)
The only thing I don't like about football is the NFL.
It used to be the NFL owner's would've clamped down on this type of shit as is their right as employers. Now-a-days, if it makes headlines, go with it. Politics are popular so let's bring it into our sport to get more exposure.
They have a breast cancer month where everyone wears pink and 15% of the money goes towards breast cancer research. Katy Perry, Coldplay, Beyonce, Madonna as Super Bowl half-time shows? Are we 12 year old girls?
The NFL is killing itself in the name of popularity and, more importantly, profits. This isn't sustainable.

At least they've finally got the message with that pink shit. Thank God.

Mile High Mania 10-15-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13155407)
If they league loses, do they have to MAKE somebody sign the sonofabitch? How would that work? A lottery drawing where everybody has a ball (except New England, of course) and the loser gets him? LMAO

I've heard commentators say that at least 1 team made him a backup offer... if true, how does that not negate the claim?

BryanBusby 10-15-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13155415)
I've heard commentators say that at least 1 team made him a backup offer... if true, how does that not negate the claim?

Ah, no.

If Kaep wins his case, the owners are in some very serious shit. They need to hope Irsay didn't send a bunch of emails after swallowing a handful of pills.

Outside of that, this is nothing more but a PR stunt.

TribalElder 10-15-2017 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13155291)
Mark John Geragos is an Armenian-American criminal defense lawyer. Clients that he has represented include Michael Jackson, actress Winona Ryder, politician Gary Condit, Susan McDougal, and Scott Peterson. He was also involved in the Whitewater controversy. Geragos represented suspended NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield; Paul and Kulbir Dhaliwal, two brothers injured after a tiger escaped in San Francisco Zoo; and musician Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty in the assault of his then girlfriend Rihanna. In addition, he assisted the family of David Carradine in the aftermath of his accidental auto-erotic death.

Geragos & Geragos official statement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMOAghJV4AEZ9pS.jpg

Quote:

I thought I heard someone say the cba would be invalidated if the league loses

BryanBusby 10-15-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13155422)

It would be and you could be damn certain that the players will go for blood in the next deal. In that case, an NFL season may not happen.

aturnis 10-16-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

This.

This move isn't about him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mile High Mania 10-16-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 13155429)
This.

This move isn't about him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, he's decided to be a one-man wrecking ball...

cooper barrett 10-16-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

No, he just has to prove what it cost him and then X by 3. $10M= $30M

I have no idea if he can get expected career earning but I am sure that after collusion is proved this will become very important to both parties.

Mile High Mania 10-16-2017 12:09 AM

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/15/co...it-against-nfl

And, does this matter?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...lin-kaepernick

Here's the relevant wording of the CBA's "burden of proof" for collusion:

"The failure by a club or clubs to negotiate, to submit offer sheets, or to sign contracts with restricted free agents or transition players, or to negotiate, make offers, or sign contracts for the playing services of such players or unrestricted free agents, shall not, by itself or in combination only with evidence about the playing skills of the player(s) not receiving any such offer or contract, satisfy the burden of proof set forth …"

Kaepernick began sitting or kneeling during the national anthem while with the San Francisco 49ers in August 2016, protesting what he said was police brutality and racism. He has remained unemployed since opting out of his contract in March.

He wouldn't be 'unsigned' had he not opted out... and are any of the other players that have taken a knee been cut?

BryanBusby 10-16-2017 12:15 AM

The 49ers were not keeping him, so at the time it made sense to get an early start on FA.

Looking back, they should have just kept him.

Mile High Mania 10-16-2017 12:18 AM

I think it's all a 30 year plan by Trump to seek his ultimate revenge on the NFL... that's what his entire run for office was about. And, he's created this situation with Kaepernick. Way back in 1990, when they delivered the check for $3 in the settlement, he decided there was only one way to win.

cooper barrett 10-16-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Article 17 of the CBA,

Section 16. Termination: The NFLPA shall have the right to terminate this Agreement,
under the following circumstances:
(a) Where there has been a finding or [mdings of one or more instances of a
violation of Section 1 of this Article with respect to any one NFL season which, either
individually or in total, involved five or more Clubs and caused injury to 20 or more
players; or
(b) Where there has been a finding or findings of one or more instances of a
violation of Section 1 of this Article with respect to any two consecutive NFL seasons
which, either individually or in total, involved seven or more Clubs and caused injury to
28 or more players. For purposes of this Subsection 16(b), a player found to have been
injured by a violation of Section 1 of this Article in each of two consecutive seasons shall
be counted as an additional player injured by such a violation for each such NFL season;
or
(c) Where, in a proceeding brought by the NFLP A, it is shown by clear and
convincing evidence that 14 or more Clubs have engaged in a violation or violations of
Section 1 of this Article causing injury to one or more NFL players.
(d) In order to terminate this Agreement:
�) The proceeding must be brought by the NFLP A;
(ii) The NFL and the System Arbitrator must be informed at the outset of
any such proceeding that the NFLP A is proceeding under this Section for the purpose
of establishing its entidement to terminate this Agreement; and
�) The System Arbitrator must find that the Clubs engaged in willful collusion
with the intent of restraining competition among teams for players.

Kyle DeLexus 10-16-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155392)
He's a starter for a handful of teams.

If you were the GM of one of those teams would you sign Kaep to be your starter? He is not a QB you build your team around so he would need to go to a team that is built to compete now and hope the rest of the team will carry him into the playoffs.

I really only think Minnesota would fit and even then you don't plan on him being your starter for the entire season. Maybe Green Bay would fit the bill now but they may feel Hundley gives them a better chance to win if he fits their scheme.

crazycoffey 10-16-2017 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13155228)

If there's any truth to him having offers he turned down, this case has no merit.

But honestly I don't even care

crazycoffey 10-16-2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155459)
The 49ers were not keeping him, so at the time it made sense to get an early start on FA.

Looking back, they should have just kept him.

I thought he voided his own contract.

BryanBusby 10-16-2017 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 13155496)
If you were the GM of one of those teams would you sign Kaep to be your starter? He is not a QB you build your team around so he would need to go to a team that is built to compete now and hope the rest of the team will carry him into the playoffs.

I really only think Minnesota would fit and even then you don't plan on him being your starter for the entire season. Maybe Green Bay would fit the bill now but they may feel Hundley gives them a better chance to win if he fits their scheme.

If I am the 49ers, Jets, Jaguars, Browns, Dolphins or Packers post injury yeah I make the signing. Hundley blows ass.

BryanBusby 10-16-2017 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 13155506)
I thought he voided his own contract.

Because the 49ers were gonna release him, as that post said...

cooper barrett 10-16-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 13155505)
If there's any truth to him having offers he turned down, this case has no merit.

But honestly I don't even care

Wrong Joe lawyer:D:D:D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kzFmZQHzCY...ake+lawyer.jpg

"Some have speculated that Kaepernick might have told teams, or at least implied to them, that he wants to start. It’s also possible that Kaepernick has turned down overtures—perhaps even offers—from teams that want to sign him.

None of that would prevent Kaepernick from proving collusion. Why? Because an alleged conspiracy might have involved other teams and their officials. If two teams colluded against Kaepernick, and the 30 other teams did not collude, Kaepernick would still have been victimized by collusion."

crazycoffey 10-16-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155513)
Because the 49ers were gonna release him, as that post said...

So he was released, or not?

BryanBusby 10-16-2017 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 13155528)
So he was released, or not?

I don't know what to tell you if our back and forth hasn't answered this for you already.

crazycoffey 10-16-2017 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13155527)
Wrong Joe lawyer:D:D:D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kzFmZQHzCY...ake+lawyer.jpg

"Some have speculated that Kaepernick might have told teams, or at least implied to them, that he wants to start. It’s also possible that Kaepernick has turned down overtures—perhaps even offers—from teams that want to sign him.

None of that would prevent Kaepernick from proving collusion. Why? Because an alleged conspiracy might have involved other teams and their officials. If two teams colluded against Kaepernick, and the 30 other teams did not collude, Kaepernick would still have been victimized by collusion."

Well, the burden of proof is still in kap's lawyers hands. He has to prove two team leadership positions talked about not signing him because of the kneeling or some other civilly protected reason. They could talk about his recent playing skills and it wouldn't be collusion.

I still don't care enough to continue talking about it, I don't think it has merit, and further I think the lawyers/Kap are hoping for a settlement.

crazycoffey 10-16-2017 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155530)
I don't know what to tell you if our back and forth hasn't answered this for you already.

Why are you talking in code? It's a simple question, one you eluded you answered; but didn't.

Did the 49ers release Kap?

BryanBusby 10-16-2017 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 13155538)
Why are you talking in code? It's a simple question, one you eluded you answered; but didn't.

Code? Uh.

I said the 49ers were gonna release him. If they did, I wouldn't of said were. That's pretty straight forward there.

cooper barrett 10-16-2017 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 13155538)

The answer is no!!!!

Mav 10-16-2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 13155210)
The same way the chiefs spent 5 years "developing" Bray?

No. A guy they drafted in the second round and who could start on some teams.

Mav 10-16-2017 01:29 AM

I am really hoping this goes next level and Kaepernick gets exposed for the piece of shit human he really is.

crazycoffey 10-16-2017 01:30 AM

It's kinda maddening to say basically the same thing as someone else, only to be argued with.

BryanBusby 10-16-2017 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 13155549)
I am really hoping this goes next level and Kaepernick gets exposed for the piece of shit human he really is.

A piece of shit? How so?

Hoopsdoc 10-16-2017 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155551)
A piece of shit? How so?

Cops as pigs socks? Castro t-shirt? :shrug:

BryanBusby 10-16-2017 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 13155561)
Cops as pigs socks? Castro t-shirt? :shrug:

That makes him an idiot, but piece of shit is a bit much.

Hoopsdoc 10-16-2017 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155562)
That makes him an idiot, but piece of shit is a bit much.

Meh, asshole for sure. Foaming lunatic, definitely. Piece of shit? Coin flip.

crazycoffey 10-16-2017 03:03 AM

You had it right the first time, don't waiver on your convictions

Hoopsdoc 10-16-2017 03:06 AM

Gotta love Kap. Believes in his cause SO much........

........that he promised to stop his kneeling if someone would just give him a job.LMAO

I believe MLK once did something similar.

Sandy Vagina 10-16-2017 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155249)
Kaep was ok last year and should be on a team.

So is there some reason NFL owners/GMs/Coaches can't make the decision to not sign someone? It's their team. Why are they to be forced to sign him?

It's been said many times that owners/GMs/coaches discuss players with other owners/GMs/coaches.

If no one wants to deal with him, then too ****ing bad for him. The League isn't sending me offers.. maybe I should sue them too?

Marcellus 10-16-2017 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155551)
A piece of shit? How so?

His foundation gave money to an organization named after and in honor of a woman convicted of killing a Chicago Police officer and he tweeted her (Assatta Shakur) a Happy Birthday last year.

Nuff said, he can rot in hell for the remainder of his existence as far as I am concerned.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...0-to-assatas-/

cooper barrett 10-16-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13155599)
So is there some reason NFL owners/GMs/Coaches can't make the decision to not sign someone? It's their team. Why are they to be forced to sign him?

It's been said many times that owners/GMs/coaches discuss players with other owners/GMs/coaches.

If no one wants to deal with him, then too ****ing bad for him. The League isn't sending me offers.. maybe I should sue them too?

You should look at the definition of collusion in the NFL is...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vQCzm6Y8mXXMZA

ping2000 10-16-2017 07:06 AM

Defense Attorney: "I would like to submit your honor game film showing Mr. Kaepernick attempting to play QB in numerous NFL games."

Judge: "Case dismissed."

cooper barrett 10-16-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13155633)
His foundation gave money to an organization named after and in honor of a woman convicted of killing a Chicago Police officer and he tweeted her (Assatta Shakur) a Happy Birthday last year.

Nuff said, he can rot in hell for the remainder of his existence as far as I am concerned.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...0-to-assatas-/

With that on your resume you don't need to be blackballed. No pun intended.

It's a shame not all K7 donations are listed in each article...

https://www.gq.com/story/colin-kaepe...-dollar-pledge

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/23/1...ole-and-others

When you look between the lines it starts to look like " he donates and they protest for him" if you know how to see it. Harlem girls were at NFL headquarters... see for yourself.

kccrow 10-16-2017 07:29 AM

He has to prove that 14 or more NFL teams told each other not to sign him. Good ****ing luck with that.

He doesn't have a job because 1) he's not very ****ing good, 2) he terminated his own contract, 3) he's turned down offers to be a backup, and 4) he causes issues. No team is going to take a mediocre talent that isn't willing to sit the bench and keep his mouth shut, more or less the other issues he has. None. And they shouldn't.

thegame214 10-16-2017 07:38 AM

Matt Cassel has a job still. He doesn't. It's about the drama and I get avoiding it, but don't pretend he's not at least a BACKUP

cooper barrett 10-16-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13155707)
He has to prove that 14 or more NFL teams told each other not to sign him. Good ****ing luck with that.

He doesn't have a job because 1) he's not very ****ing good, 2) he terminated his own contract, 3) he's turned down offers to be a backup, and 4) he causes issues. No team is going to take a mediocre talent that isn't willing to sit the bench and keep his mouth shut, more or less the other issues he has. None. And they shouldn't.

Where the **** did you hear that? Proof source required.

And so that you know: For Kaepernick to prove collusion, he would need to show that two or more teams, or the league office and at least one team, conspired in some way to deny him an opportunity to play in the NFL.

kccrow 10-16-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13155712)
Matt Cassel has a job still. He doesn't. It's about the drama and I get avoiding it, but don't pretend he's not at least a BACKUP

He is a backup, that's about his skill level. He has to want to sign a backup contract and a one-year one at that; no team at this point is going to make it a multi-year deal. In the NFL, where there is smoke there is fire. If there is news out there that he told his camp he didn't want to sign a vet minimum deal to be a backup, then there's probably alot of truth to that. Pete Carroll saying that he "is a starter," "we already have a starter," and "he should get signed" sure sounds like putting lipstick on the pig and meaning "well, we'd sign him as a backup but he wants to be a starter with starter money and we're not going to do that although I'm sure someone will."

kccrow 10-16-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13155713)
Where the **** did you hear that? Proof source required.

And so that you know: For Kaepernick to prove collusion, he would need to show that two or more teams, or the league office and at least one team, conspired in some way to deny him an opportunity to play in the NFL.

I was thinking about voiding of the CBA.

He's still going to have a large burden on his hands to prove even two parties conspired to restrict his access to the league.

thegame214 10-16-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13155721)
He is a backup, that's about his skill level. He has to want to sign a backup contract and a one-year one at that; no team at this point is going to make it a multi-year deal. In the NFL, where there is smoke there is fire. If there is news out there that he told his camp he didn't want to sign a vet minimum deal to be a backup, then there's probably alot of truth to that. Pete Carroll saying that he "is a starter," "we already have a starter," and "he should get signed" sure sounds like putting lipstick on the pig and meaning "well, we'd sign him as a backup but he wants to be a starter with starter money and we're not going to do that although I'm sure someone will."

Exactly

B_Ambuehl 10-16-2017 08:12 AM

I doubt if any collusion took place. I think it's more a case of all teams pretty much want the same thing in a backup QB and Kaepernick doesn't fit that mold. Matt Cassel is actually a good illustration of why Kaepernick doesn't have a job.

Cassel is pretty much exactly what all 32 teams want in a backup quarterback. It's not about ability necessarily. The most important thing is you know what you have and know he's not gonna cause any problems.

Cassel is all about football. He shows up, works hard, supports his team mates, understands the offense, can be counted on to run the offense the way coaches want it run, draws no media attention, and will never involve himself in any kind of controversy. Cassel understands his role and understands it's about the football team and not him.

The day Kaepernick is signed is the day you invite a Tebow like circus and have 150 new reporters in a press conference asking questions. Most likely they don't go away either. On top of that you never know when Kaepernick decides to get on twitter and start spouting off, or draw attention to himself via kneeling, or maybe something else.

There are questions whether football is a top priority for Kaepernick. Additionally, as a coach I wouldn't say you can necessarily trust Kaepernick to run the offense the way you want it run. He'll freelance and scramble. There's too many unknowns and unknowns are NOT something you want in a backup QB.

If Kaepernick wants to continue playing he should go to the CFL for a year and stay entirely out of the media, then he'll have re-established some trust that football is important to him. If he were to do that, he'd likely get signed

jjchieffan 10-16-2017 08:27 AM

What a drama queen! My disgust with him continues to grow. First of all, he's the one who started all of the bullshit. Now Peter's and a bunch of other sheeple are following his dumbass lead. Most Americans are disgusted by this crap and he is to blame. So I hope that he loses his case, never plays another down in the NFL, and dies penniless someday. He brought every bit of this on himself. He started the drama, then he chose to void his own contract and walk away from $10 million. I don't see how he can claim damages after doing that. I don't care if the 49ers were supposedly going to cut him or not. Would you quit your job because you were about to get fired, then expect to draw unemployment? No. As soon as you quit, you gave up that right. And as soon as krappernick voided his contract, he made it his choice, not theirs. And just because nobody wants to hire a mediocre drama queen quarterback doesn't mean there's collusion. Furthermore, if it is true that he turned down any offers from teams, then his argument is void anyway. So, in true CP fashion, I would like to tell Krappernick to go fist himself, drink antifreeze, and die in a fire.

Sandy Vagina 10-16-2017 08:30 AM

Really good posts, B amb and jj here...