ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A brand spanking new Jared Allen thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183174)

BigRock 04-18-2008 05:08 PM

A brand spanking new Jared Allen thread

According to a Vikes' board (this is probably from their Scout.com site like the similiarly unlinked report from yesterday):

Quote:

- The Chiefs want more than the 1st and 3rd the Vikings are alleged to have offered. It is said that it will take a "wow offer" to get them to agree to the trade.

- Time is an important factor. If Allen was signed to an offer sheet then the Chiefs would be guaranteed seven days to match it. An offer sheet would have to be signed and approved by the league by tomorrow (Saturday) to give KC seven days before the draft.

Without the offer sheet option to fall back on, the entire deal hinges on the Vikings being able to offer the Chiefs enough in return to make the trade. If they don't offer a deal to the Chiefs liking, Allen isn't coming.

- The Vikings believe more teams, at least 3, have contacted KC about Allen in the last 24 hours once all this news got out. But in terms of having the picks to satisfy the Chiefs and the cap room to get a deal done, the Vikings believe they're in the lead.

- One of the 3 teams, though, is rumored to be New England, and the chance of getting their high first rounder is going to entice the Chiefs a lot more than getting Minnesota's. The Patriots also have a high third round pick (4 spots higher than the Vikings' first pick in that round).

Still, it's not known what, if anything, the Patriots have offered. And it's unlikely the Chiefs would want to trade Allen to an AFC team.

Hammock Parties 04-18-2008 05:11 PM

OK Mecca, tell us how stupid the Patriots are.

the Talking Can 04-18-2008 05:13 PM

can a team fit two top 10 picks with the rookie pool?

kstater 04-18-2008 05:14 PM

I'd take the Patriot's 1st and 3rd in a heartbeat.

Mecca 04-18-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4693496)

I'll believe they'll do it when I see it, but they also sit in win now mode...

Mr. Arrowhead 04-18-2008 05:15 PM

i would gladly trade him to the Pats. that #7 spot looks real nice

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:16 PM

So Allen would be an OLB in the Patriots scheme?

Mecca 04-18-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693517)

He'd be a mix since they do some 4-3 looks also, I don't really buy that they'd trade for him...

But just saying they did the Chiefs would have to more down on one of those picks because I don't think they could afford 2 top 10 picks.

Hammock Parties 04-18-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693517)

Probably. I think he could do it. It's not like they'd be asking him to cover a bunch of people on passing downs...

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:17 PM

What I don't get is this.

If it's true that the Pats are interested.....doesn't this go against everything they normally do? That would involve giving up a huge contract to a player and giving up picks to get that player.

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:18 PM

Jared Allen sounds completely opposite of the type of player New England wants. He doesn't have the size to play DE and he doesn't have the speed to play OLB in the 3-4. Not to mention the Patriots rarely trade for players, they never pay players a lot of money, and they never enter a deal where they end up with fewer picks than when they started.

If the Patriots are truly involved in this, I'll be the most surprised person in the building.

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693505)

I'd love to find out. :)

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4693520)
He'd be a mix since they do some 4-3 looks also, I don't really buy that they'd trade for him...

But just saying they did the Chiefs would have to more down on one of those picks because I don't think they could afford 2 top 10 picks.

I could see a possible move down then. I would grab Ellis with the #5 pick and then try and trade down with the Saints to the #10 pick.

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693522)

If it's true that the Pats are interested.....doesn't this go against everything they normally do? That would involve giving up a huge contract to a player and giving up picks to get that player.

Great minds.

keg in kc 04-18-2008 05:20 PM

The more the merrier. Greater interest = more value in return.

the Talking Can 04-18-2008 05:20 PM

hypothetically, you take the Pats deal and party...but surely we'd have to trade down...

the mind does race though at the leverage...we could do what the pats have done and trade down for a #1 next year....or trade down and then trade down again for a #1 next year...very nick athan-ish...lol

ChiefsCountry 04-18-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693530)
I could see a possible move down then. I would grab Ellis with the #5 pick and then try and trade down with the Saints to the #10 pick.

I would trade #7 to Carolina to leapfrog Baltimore. At #13 - Chris Williams or Albert would be the choice.

OnTheWarpath15 04-18-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4693496)

Considering it's from Scout, I'd be pointing the stupidity comments in that direction.

the Talking Can 04-18-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693522)

as they showed with Moss and his contract (on a smaller scale), the Pats are in a bit of a "win now" mode...

...but I still don't think they'd really do it....if Carl gets their 1st and 3rd then he must sold his soul to the devil..

OnTheWarpath15 04-18-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4693526)
Jared Allen sounds completely opposite of the type of player New England wants. He doesn't have the size to play DE and he doesn't have the speed to play OLB in the 3-4. Not to mention the Patriots rarely trade for players, they never pay players a lot of money, and they never enter a deal where they end up with fewer picks than when they started.

If the Patriots are truly involved in this, I'll be the most surprised person in the building.

And I'll be standing right beside you.

BigRock 04-18-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the rookie pool is based on the picks a team has. The Raiders last year had one of the biggest rookie pool amounts ever because they had 11 total picks, including #1 overall and like 4-5 other picks on the first day. And their pool was $6-$7 million.

The Chiefs have at least $20 some million in cap space, if not more. Especially if they aren't paying Allen. So unless they needed double the largest rookie pool in history, they should be okay.

I doubt there's anything to the Patriots talk, though. Note that they snuck the word "rumored" in there.

keg in kc 04-18-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693538)
hypothetically, you take the Pats deal and party...but surely we'd have to trade down...

the mind does race though at the leverage...we could do what the pats have done and trade down for a #1 next year....or trade down and then trade down again for a #1 next year...

There really are an incredible number of options open with multiple picks like that.

I don't think we'll have any luck trading back from 5 (the contracts involved), but from 7, or 17? Just maybe...

Imagine a scenario where we draft, say Ellis or C Long or Ryan, then drop down from 17 to the 20s, and have, say 2 seconds and 3 thirds to use.

"!0 picks" sounds good and all, but right now only 3 of them come on day 1. "12/13/14 picks, half of them on day 1" has a whole different ring to it.

Too much to hope for, of course.

Hoover 04-18-2008 05:26 PM

Folk we have the Vikings between a rock and a hard place. The more teams that are rumored to be involved the better, the higher those teams picks are the better. The Vikings have to haul ass to get this done which is great for JA but better for us.

We are going to a nice package of picks out of this deal. If I were the an NFC team I'd call Carl and tell him he can float their name as well just to drive the price up. This is great drama.

We might as well sit back and enjoy the show. The JA trade is our AFC Championship game and the draft is our Super Bowl.

Hammock Parties 04-18-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4693543)
Considering it's from Scout, I'd be pointing the stupidity comments in that direction.

YEP LOL SCOUT IS BULLSHIT

the Talking Can 04-18-2008 05:26 PM

it's really going to suck if this trade doesn't happen...i'm having more fun dreaming about the picks than I will watching this abortion of a team play his year....

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693548)
as they showed with Moss and his contract (on a smaller scale), the Pats are in a bit of a "win now" mode...

...but I still don't think they'd really do it....if Carl gets their 1st and 3rd then he must sold his soul to the devil..

Yeah but if they are in a win now mode....why would they pay $70-$80 million for Allen.....who doesn't fit their mold.....instead of paying $50 million for Asante Samuels.....who they drafted themselves.

the Talking Can 04-18-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4693561)
There really are an incredible number of options open with multiple picks like that.

I don't think we'll have any luck trading back from 5 (the contracts involved), but from 7, or 17? Just maybe...

Imagine a scenario where we draft, say Ellis or C Long or Ryan, then drop down from 17 to the 20s, and have, say 2 seconds and 3 thirds to use.

"!0 picks" sounds good and all, but right now only 3 of them come on day 1. "12/13/14 picks, half of them on day 1" has a whole different ring to it.

Too much to hope for, of course.

2 firsts
2 seconds
2 thirds....

imagine....it would be an unprecedented chance to remake this team in hyper-speed....and as I type God is placing his heel over my testicles...

the Talking Can 04-18-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693568)
Yeah but if they are in a win now mode....why would they pay $70-$80 million for Allen.....who doesn't fit their mold.....instead of paying $50 million for Asante Samuels.....who they drafted themselves.

because they know that DE is much more important than CB...and they witnessed that fact first hand against the Giants...

Mecca 04-18-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

They value lineman over DB's look where they've spent their high picks.

Archie Bunker 04-18-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693565)
it's really going to suck if this trade doesn't happen...i'm having more fun dreaming about the picks than I will watching this abortion of a team play his year....

I feel the exact same way. I'll be pretty disappointed if this all falls apart.

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693580)
because they know that DE is much more important than CB...and they witnessed that fact first hand against the Giants...

That's true....although I'd assume he'd be more of an OLB who rushes the passer.

Maybe they'll use him as the replacement to Vrabel.....you know because he can catch TDs.

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693574)
2 firsts
2 seconds
2 thirds....

imagine....it would be an unprecedented chance to remake this team in hyper-speed....and as I type God is placing his heel over my testicles...

<--------------------------------

Say your prayers. So He can betray them.

the Talking Can 04-18-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693586)
That's true....although I'd assume he'd be more of an OLB who rushes the passer.

Maybe they'll use him as the replacement to Vrabel.....you know because he can catch TDs.

again, I don't think it will happen....but I can at least see the logic of it...Belicheck is smart enough to figure out how to use Allen

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693596)
again, I don't think it will happen....but I can at least see the logic of it...Belicheck is smart enough to figure out how to use Allen

You have to figure that if the Pats really are interested....that Allen would much rather go there. At least there he's got a legit shot at a championship. The Vikings have Jackson at QB for Christ's sake!

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:35 PM

Now that I think about it, that would be nothing short of genius. Just taking the Patriots' 1st and 3rd for Allen and offering the #7 overall to the highest bidder to trade down for a lower 1st and 2nd...

It really would be an uncharacteristically genius of Herm and Carl to pull this off.

2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, a 4th, 2 5ths, 2 6ths, 2 7ths... Wow.

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4693600)
Now that I think about it, that would be nothing short of genius. Just taking the Patriots' 1st and 3rd for Allen and offering the #7 overall to the highest bidder to trade down for a lower 1st and 2nd...

It really would be an uncharacteristically genius of Herm and Carl to pull this off.

How can we get a second 4th round pick? I'd like to even the shit out.

Phobia 04-18-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Considering the rookie cap increases proportionately according to your picks and slotting, yes. They usually notify teams of their rookie cap just before the draft and then make adjustments for trades afterwards.

keg in kc 04-18-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693574)
2 firsts
2 seconds
2 thirds....

Well, if the Allen trade goes through, it appears that it will be at least

2 firsts
1 second
2 thirds

or

2 firsts
2 seconds
1 third

With no other trade required...

I wonder if there's any way we can trade Tony Gonzalez. :hmmm:

the Talking Can 04-18-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

it would rival the Walker trade for impact on a Franchise...assuming we traded down for more picks etc...

the pressure to get those picks right would be unreal...

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:38 PM

Especially if you throw in that we also have around $20 million in cap room plus the rookie pool.....I don't think we'd have a problem signing them. That is unless Carl is a dick and trys to screw them out of money.

Phobia 04-18-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4693564)

Not all of scout - just the part with whom you're affiliated.

the Talking Can 04-18-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4693605)
Considering the rookie cap increases proportionately according to your picks and slotting, yes. They usually notify teams of their rookie cap just before the draft and then make adjustments for trades afterwards.

yeah, I was unaware of that...though it makes sense...

Bowser 04-18-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693610)
Especially if you throw in that we also have around $20 million in cap room plus the rookie pool.....I don't think we'd have a problem signing them. That is unless Carl is a dick and trys to screw them out of money.

I was feeling good until this part.

the Talking Can 04-18-2008 05:40 PM

screw this...i'm going to step away from the computer for a beer...

this is all WAY TO GOOD TO BE TRUE...WE'RE THE CHIEFS

keg in kc 04-18-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693609)
it would rival the Walker trade for impact on a Franchise...assuming we traded down for more picks etc...

the pressure to get those picks right would be unreal...

I think they're feeling that pressure with or without these trades. I think they know as well as we all do that this is most important draft this franchise has had in at least 20 years.

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693617)

This is kind of like buying a lottery ticket when the jackpot is $300 million dollars. You spend all week thinking about how you're going to spend it...only to find out that you lost and some toothless redneck won the whole thing.

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693603)
How can we get a second 4th round pick? I'd like to even the shit out.

Greg Wesley. :banghead:

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4693623)
Greg Wesley. :banghead:

Jackpot!

CrazyPhuD 04-18-2008 05:42 PM

Actually here's a more evil scenario. What if the trade were to happen(not likely but what if). We get Pats 1st + 3rd....draft day comes around and McFadden is sitting there when we would pick. Trade 5th for both cowboys 1sts(yes yes maybe less likely to happen)....but 3 first rounders? COuld we manage to draft 3 trazelle jenkin's in the first round or do the law of averages say we should get one role player?

Bowser 04-18-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693621)
This is kind of like buying a lottery ticket when the jackpot is $300 million dollars. You spend all week thinking about how you're going to spend it...only to find out that you lost and some toothless redneck won the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure I've lived that nightmare.

OnTheWarpath15 04-18-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4693564)

From the website that brought you such classics as:

Larry Johnson is going to be a Packer!

And:

Trent Green will be traded for multiple picks!

keg in kc 04-18-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 4693625)
COuld we manage to draft 3 trazelle jenkin's in the first round or do the law of averages say we should get one role player?

Anything can happen, but I think Larry Johnson, Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali and Dwayne Bowe are all good players, so there's at least that much to give us hope.

Halfcan 04-18-2008 05:44 PM

If NE get JA-might has well count them as SB champs the next 5 years.

JA on 38 the spot at 7:00 pm. Looks juicy.

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4693617)

ROFL

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4693626)
I'm pretty sure I've lived that nightmare.

I think everyone has.

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4693629)
Anything can happen, but I think Larry Johnson, Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali and Dwayne Bowe are all good players, so there's at least that much to give us hope.

So how soon until either of those 4 demand a trade?

bogey 04-18-2008 05:45 PM

I don't get this. Yea Carl? Or boo Carl? Are you happy JA will be traded if it's a good trade, or are you mad JA is being traded no matter what the trade. I'm thinking why are we getting rid of one of our best players. What am I missing.

keg in kc 04-18-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 4693630)
If NE get JA-might has well count them as SB champs the next 5 years.

JA on 38 the spot at 7:00 pm. Looks juicy.

He's going to come on and say "I just signed a new deal with the Chiefs" and all this "holy shit we might have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds" talk will poot off like a burst balloon.

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 4693625)
Actually here's a more evil scenario. What if the trade were to happen(not likely but what if). We get Pats 1st + 3rd....draft day comes around and McFadden is sitting there when we would pick. Trade 5th for both cowboys 1sts(yes yes maybe less likely to happen)....but 3 first rounders? COuld we manage to draft 3 trazelle jenkin's in the first round or do the law of averages say we should get one role player?

I appreciate evil scenarios but there in no way on God's Green Earth the Cowboys give up two 1sts for McFadden when this is the deepest RB year maybe ever.

Halfcan 04-18-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

with that many picks-we might find another JA-but I doubt it.

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 4693636)
I don't get this. Yea Carl? Or boo Carl? Are you happy JA will be traded if it's a good trade, or are you mad JA is being traded no matter what the trade. I'm thinking why are we getting rid of one of our best players. What am I missing.

This thread is for people that have already resigned themselves to the fact that Allen is more than likely gone. The line has already been crossed. We're just now hashing out what the Chiefs get out of the deal.

Bowser 04-18-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4693638)
I appreciate evil scenarios but there in no way on God's Green Earth the Cowboys give up two 1sts for McFadden when this is the deepest RB year maybe ever.

They can sit right where they are and get Felix Jones, who is arguably going to be a better NFL back than McFadden.

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4693637)
He's going to come on and say "I just signed a new deal with the Chiefs" and all this "holy shit we might have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds" talk will poot off like a burst balloon.

ROFL

Then you'll see tons of threads pop up about how we should have traded him for picks. I love the Planet.

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693643)
ROFL

Then you'll see tons of threads pop up about how we should have traded him for picks. I love the Planet.

CLASSIC. ROFL

keg in kc 04-18-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 4693636)

It's kind of trying to make the best out of a bad situation. It seems very, very unlikely that Allen's going to re-sign here, and I think it's a combination of factors, not just "getting rid of him". There's bad blood because of what happened last offseason apparently, and it doesn't look like there's been any positive progress this year. So, I guess on one hand, you can rail at Carl for all this happening, or, on the other, you can resign your self to the fact that it is happening, that you can't go back and get a do-over on last year or last month, and so you try to figure out what the best outcome can be.

So it's boo carl because the relationship between the two is precluding a new contract, but yay carl in the hopes that he can recover by making a good trade.

That's my view, at least.

Valiant 04-18-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4693520)

Have you seen how much money we are sitting on??? This is not your same old Chiefs who need to get close to cap, we have an over-abundance this year..

Valiant 04-18-2008 05:51 PM

And as for the Pats.. Nothing less then thier 7th overall this year and another 1st next year.. Which would mean 32nd pick in the draft..

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 4693649)
And as for the Pats.. Nothing less then thier 7th overall this year and another 1st next year.. Which would mean 32nd pick in the draft..

Fail.

If Allen was worth that much, we wouldn't be trading him.

Valiant 04-18-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Because a DE/OLB in their scheme is worth a tons more.. Hell in the NFL period now elite CB's are not worth the money with the way the rules are set up..

You can get an elite DL and make average to good CB's allstar, compared to a average DL letting WR run all day on elite CB's..

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:55 PM

I swear to God, though, if Carl pulls this off where we end up with six picks in the first three rounds by the time the Draft arrives, it will have been the most ingenius manuvers he's made in his time as GM. Taking a bad situation and turning it into exactly what the Chiefs want, with the best drafting HC we've had in ages.

That's why I think everything might fall through. It would require a hell of a lot of skill to manufacture, and I don't know if there's any GM, maybe one or two of the elite ones, that could pull off that kind of trick.

Nonetheless, aim high Carl.

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4693659)
I swear to God, though, if Carl pulls this off where we end up with six picks in the first three rounds by the time the Draft arrives, it will have been the most ingenius manuvers he's made in his time as GM. Taking a bad situation and turning it into exactly what the Chiefs want, with the best drafting HC we've had in ages.

That's why I think everything might fall through. It would require a hell of a lot of skill to manufacture, and I don't know if there's any GM, maybe one or two of the elite ones, that could pull off that kind of trick.

Nonetheless, aim high Carl.

If he pulls this off.....then he'll demand a new contract. :cuss:

keg in kc 04-18-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4693659)

Yes, this would be like Athan winning a pulitzer.

Direckshun 04-18-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693660)
If he pulls this off.....then he'll demand a new contract. :cuss:

I understand that logic, and it frightens me, too.

But I can't root for my team to fail ever. If this pair of deals is possible, you pull the trigger.

The Franchise 04-18-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4693663)
I understand that logic, and it frightens me, too.

But I can't root for my team to fail ever. If this pair of deals is possible, you pull the trigger.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm hoping that some how we pull through this with the Pats 1st and 3rd.

Direckshun 04-18-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4693667)
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm hoping that some how we pull through this with the Pats 1st and 3rd.

If we do, I still think it'd be really hard for us to get a 1st and a 2nd for the #7 overall. Maybe if we give up a mid rounder in exchange with the #7, I can see a 1st and a 2nd coming our way.

Geez... this is too exciting to be real.

beavis 04-18-2008 06:01 PM

My bet is on a conditional 5th round pick, which becomes a 4th if Allen gets more than 10 sacks for Minnesnowter.

Halfcan 04-18-2008 06:02 PM

according to 38 the spot-Vikes are talking with Cheaps-1st and 2nd.

keg in kc 04-18-2008 06:02 PM

You know how it would go. They'd acquire the 6 picks we're dreaming about, and then end up drafting Brandon Albert and 5 people none of us have ever heard about.

Halfcan 04-18-2008 06:03 PM

Carl just said!!!!!!!!!!

If something happens-he will let you know....

kcchiefsus 04-18-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

The rookie pool is determined after the draft. So the more picks and the higher the picks we have we will get a larger rookie pool.