ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ****Official Super Bowl XLV Gamethread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241288)

Bugeater 02-06-2011 09:05 AM

****Official Super Bowl XLV Gamethread****

http://www.sportsnewscaster.com/wp-c...l-xlv-2011.jpg

boogblaster 02-06-2011 09:10 AM

Hope it's a good game ..
GO STEELERS

the Talking Can 02-06-2011 09:30 AM

according to mort

NFL plans to have a London franchise within 6 years

CaliforniaChief 02-06-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7410028)
according to mort

And the unending quest for new revenue streams continues.

HonestChieffan 02-06-2011 09:54 AM

Its all about the food and commercials, gotta love that, everybody wins.

Bwana 02-06-2011 10:39 AM

Hmmm? I hope old Jones got that whole "killer roof Ice" figured out. With that being said.

Go Pack go!

http://www.ugfe.net/image/logo/green...ckers-logo.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...wbiter-pFg&t=1

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...wbiter-pFg&t=1

KurtCobain 02-06-2011 10:51 AM

I'm gonna ****ing miss a superbowl. Shit.

Over-Head 02-06-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

according to mort

London as in Ontairo, or england?

Over-Head 02-06-2011 10:52 AM

Can't really pick a fav on this game.
Just hope it's as exciting as the last quarter of the Jets - Steelers game was the whole way through

Bugeater 02-06-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7410135)
I'm gonna ****ing miss a superbowl. Shit.

Why is that?

Buck 02-06-2011 11:00 AM

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

KurtCobain 02-06-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7410143)
Why is that?

I just moved, switching providers to Comcast, and they can't make it out untill Tuesday. And my internet is too slow to stream. If this was a few years ago I could just stick some foil in the back of the TV and pick it up.

I knew I should've gotten one of those converter boxes for a rainy day.

But it should be fun reading the gamethread.

Bugeater 02-06-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7410167)
I just moved, switching providers to Comcast, and they can't make it out untill Tuesday. And my internet is too slow to stream. If this was a few years ago I could just stick some foil in the back of the TV and pick it up.

I knew I should've gotten one of those converter boxes for a rainy day.

But it should be fun reading the gamethread.

Well shit, can't you go to someone else's house to watch it? Or go to bar?

Buck 02-06-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7410180)

This.

Or streamz.

KurtCobain 02-06-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7410180)

I'll probably end up at a someone else's house.

If I make it up to Nebraska can I watch the game with you?

Bugeater 02-06-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7410188)
I'll probably end up at a someone else's house.

If I make it up to Nebraska can I watch the game with you?

Heh, sure. I'll be at the American Legion in Millard.

Bowser 02-06-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

according to mort

An idea - fix this CBA situation that looms, THEN worry about an overseas team.....

Bowser 02-06-2011 11:27 AM

I would make fun of Nebraska for having a town named Millard, but I recently saw a sign in Missouri for a town named Roach.

Roach. Seriously. What inbred actually thought a town named Roach would be a good idea?

milkman 02-06-2011 11:27 AM

I've said this elsewhere.

This game has the potential to be every bit as competitive and entertaining as SB XIII, which I consider to be the best SB ever played.

Two great defenses battling to contain two QBs that are among the best at extending plays and making big plays from that.

I really believe it's goig to come down to which QB can make the big plays late, and I would never bet against Ben Roethlisberger.

This has a 36-33 type feel to it, with the game won in the last minute.

KurtCobain 02-06-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7410235)
Heh, sure. I'll be at the American Legion in Millard.

I would never be able to explain that gas expense to the wife.

"Yeah honey, I'm taking the rest of our available cash and driving up to Nebraska tonight to watch the Superbowl on TV with a guy I met on the internet."

KurtCobain 02-06-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7410244)

This game has the potential to be every bit as competitive and entertaining as SB XIII, which I consider to be the best SB ever played.

Two great defenses battling to contain two QBs that are among the best at extending plays and making big plays from that.

I really believe it's goig to come down to which QB can make the big plays late, and I would never bet against Ben Roethlisberger.

I wanna watch a superbowl with a guy who can clearly remember Superbowl XIII.

Hammock Parties 02-06-2011 11:29 AM

A ****ing franchise in London?

****ing reeruned. You gonna make 8 teams travel to London every year?

Plus, the idea that a team in London could compete with a team in America on a road trip is reeruned. Jet lag alone would kill the games. Of course I guess it would even out when the London team is at home...hmmm.....

Bowser 02-06-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

I hope so. ANYTHING but a blowout, one way or the other, please.

Bugeater 02-06-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7410243)
I would make fun of Nebraska for having a town named Millard, but I recently saw a sign in Missouri for a town named Roach.

Roach. Seriously. What inbred actually thought a town named Roach would be a good idea?

Probably the same guy that chose this name for a business.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2mwe4xc.jpg

Bowser 02-06-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7410250)
A ****ing franchise in London?

****ing reeruned. You gonna make 8 teams travel to London every year?

Plus, the idea that a team in London could compete with a team in America on a road trip is reeruned. Jet lag alone would kill the games. Of course I guess it would even out when the London team is at home...hmmm.....

Yeah, it's a stupid idea. Put a team in Canada, Mexico, or Central America if you have to, but teams overseas would have a hell of a time trying to compete.

milkman 02-06-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7410249)
I wanna watch a superbowl with a guy who can clearly remember Superbowl XIII.

Better catch that flight to California right now then.

KurtCobain 02-06-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7410264)
Better catch that flight to California right now then.

Why can't you guys just live around here? ****

Hammock Parties 02-06-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7410260)
Yeah, it's a stupid idea. Put a team in Canada, Mexico, or Central America if you have to, but teams overseas would have a hell of a time trying to compete.

Would free agents even want to go to London?

Seems to me that a franchise there would be at an incredible competitive disadvantage.

DTLB58 02-06-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

I would agree, But I'm gonna say Ben dosen't get a chance as the packers get the ball first in the first SB OT ever and Rodgers throws A TD to end it 33-27 Packers.

Dylan 02-06-2011 12:39 PM

Let The Party Begin!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/03AV6-P5ol4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Over-Head 02-06-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7410260)

We've already got the CFL up here, but with the american dollar tanking.....errrr I mean virtually at par right now, it might now be a viable option.,
Only problem is our population size, and $$$ avaliable.
I mean hells bells, there more people in the states of NY, TX and CA combined than we have in our whole country.
A team in Toronto might work, we've got a hockey and baseball franchise go for teh tripple threat.
Problem lies in our lack of schools with a football program.

KurtCobain 02-06-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7410677)
Problem lies in our lack of schools with a football program.

What? How bad is it?

MMXcalibur 02-06-2011 02:23 PM

Packers by 50 3/4

Chiefs Pantalones 02-06-2011 02:26 PM

Green Bay 31
Pittsburgh 24

Bowser 02-06-2011 02:31 PM

Packers 27
Steelers 23

doomy3 02-06-2011 02:33 PM

Packers 24-20

Stanley Nickels 02-06-2011 02:35 PM

Pack 27-14

Buck 02-06-2011 02:36 PM

Chargers 35 -

Bowser 02-06-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7410880)
Chargers 35 -

....more years before they sniff the Super Bowl? Agreed.

Bowser 02-06-2011 02:43 PM

And I'm totally shocked that Fox did a piece where Jimmy Johnson and Jerruh Jones (owner and General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys) would fluff each other like in a Reese Witherspoon movie.

Hahaha, that's total sarcasm. No I'm not.

Deberg_1990 02-06-2011 02:45 PM

Irvin, Jimmy Johnson, Aikman and Jones slobbering all over each others knobs...its sickening..

Stinger 02-06-2011 02:46 PM

It's is a weird feeling.... I have no real rooting interest unlike the last several Super Bowls for any one of these teams..... I am just looking for a good close game.

Bugeater 02-06-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7410910)
Irvin, Jimmy Johnson, Aikman and Jones slobbering all over each others knobs...its sickening..

Just imagine what it would be like if the Cowboys were in this game...

DTLB58 02-06-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 7410916)
It's is a weird feeling.... I have no real rooting interest unlike the last several Super Bowls for any one of these teams..... I am just looking for a good close game.

Ditto :thumb:

notorious 02-06-2011 03:04 PM

I think McCarthy can coach circles around Tomlin.

Tomlin should thank God everyday that he has the ownership, players, and coaching staff that he has. The guy would probably be a nobody if he coached anyone else, but since he coaches the Steelers and they might win another SB he will be HOF material.

notorious 02-06-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7410919)
Just imagine what it would be like if the Cowboys were in this game...

No, just, no.......

I honestly wouldn't watch a Cowboys/Steeler Superbowl.

It would be vomit inducing.

Bugeater 02-06-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7410969)
No, just, no.......

I honestly wouldn't watch a Cowboys/Steeler Superbowl.

It would be vomit inducing.

I wouldn't watch a Cowboy/Anyone Super Bowl.

RealSNR 02-06-2011 03:14 PM

I don't care if hating the Steelers makes me better, jealous, or hateful of success. That's not the case.

I like the 49ers, Packers, and Patriots just fine.

It really is all on the Steelers. I ****ing hate them. I hate their fans, I hate their owners, and I hate the city. I hate James Harrison and his supposedly "tough guy" attitude in spite of crying when the NFL tells him he can't hit people with his helmet anymore.

My hatred level in order:

1. Denver
2. Oakland
3. Pittsburgh
4. San Diego
5. Dallas

Yes, they're that far up there. Pittsburgh can die in a fire.

GO PACKERS!!

notorious 02-06-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7411008)
I don't care if hating the Steelers makes me better, jealous, or hateful of success. That's not the case.

I like the 49ers, Packers, and Patriots just fine.

It really is all on the Steelers. I ****ing hate them. I hate their fans, I hate their owners, and I hate the city. I hate James Harrison and his supposedly "tough guy" attitude in spite of crying when the NFL tells him he can't hit people with his helmet anymore.

My hatred level in order:

1. Denver
2. Oakland
3. Pittsburgh
4. San Diego
5. Dallas

Yes, they're that far up there. Pittsburgh can die in a fire.

GO PACKERS!!

The only time I rooted for Pitt was when they beat Denver at home.

**** them.

My hatred probably clouds my judgement. Great ownership and well run, I am just sick of them getting the breaks most of the time.

RealSNR 02-06-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7411015)
The only time I rooted for Pitt was when they beat Denver at home.

**** them.

My hatred probably clouds my judgement. Great ownership and well run, I am just sick of them getting the breaks most of the time.

Don't ever let anybody tell you that your hatred clouds your judgement. It's the only thing that keeps you sane

Man, I should write death metal lyrics :rockon:

Marcellus 02-06-2011 03:35 PM

Look Trent Green made it to the SB.

bevischief 02-06-2011 03:36 PM

Go Green Bay!!!

mlyonsd 02-06-2011 03:57 PM

I'm hoping for a big day from Rogers.

I'm also hoping Pioli wins his contract in a high stakes GM poker game later tonight.

-King- 02-06-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7410963)
I think McCarthy can coach circles around Tomlin.

Tomlin should thank God everyday that he has the ownership, players, and coaching staff that he has. The guy would probably be a nobody if he coached anyone else, but since he coaches the Steelers and they might win another SB he will be HOF material.

:spock: Tomlin is 10x the coach McCarthy is.

tk13 02-06-2011 04:18 PM

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/2...e-refunds-.ece

How would you like this.... apparently Dallas didn't get all the temporary seats installed in the stadium. There were people let into the stadium without a place to sit... although supposedly the NFL has offered those people a triple refund if they can't find a place for them to sit.

Dylan 02-06-2011 04:19 PM

FOX TV: Interview with Aaron Roger's brother -- Damn -- Smokin' hot! :D

Hip Hip Hooray for the Rogers' boys!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...hC5NM/610x.jpg

RealSNR 02-06-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7411119)
:spock: Tomlin is 10x the coach McCarthy is.

Meh.

People want to call Haley a good coach. If you want to know the kind of coach he could possibly be, look at the Packers. McCarthy is in firm control of that amazing offense, and does his duty as head coach very well. That's way more shit than Tomlin does, who has the benefit of LeBeau and Arians, not to mention inheriting an already ripe Super Bowl team.

What has he done to make that team his own? Who has he drafted/added? What does he do on gameday that points to him being 10x the coach McCarthy is?

Nothing.

Rasputin 02-06-2011 04:39 PM

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIT3WlIyy1Y?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIT3WlIyy1Y?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Remember to drink responsibly at your party.....

OnTheWarpath15 02-06-2011 04:46 PM

People think Frank Caliendo is funny?

Bugeater 02-06-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7411208)
People think Frank Caliendo is funny?

Eh, he was for a minute or two back in 2004.

bevischief 02-06-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 7411189)
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIT3WlIyy1Y?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIT3WlIyy1Y?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Remember to drink responsibly at your party.....

remember your condoms too...

Bwana 02-06-2011 04:49 PM

Wow, just wow.....

Two hours before kickoff, Cowboys Stadium wasn't ready for its possibly record crowd.

As the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers were warming up on the field, workers were still installing temporary seats in the top level of the stadium's west end.

The NFL shuffled things around to make space for the folks who'd paid $600 for those seats _ or, at least, as many as they could.

"Most of the fans affected will have been accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats," the league said in a statement. "Fans who are not accommodated with seats inside the stadium will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. We regret the situation."

Ticket-holders in those sections were asked to wait in the Party Plaza while work was being finished.

This is the latest black eye for the hosts following a week of problems caused by rare severe winter weather. They were hoping flawless game-day logistics would wipe out some of the complaints.

At least the weather was better _ blue skies with temperatures in the low 50s.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was counting on a crowd of more than 105,000, including stadium workers and media, and fans who bought standing room tickets for plazas outside the stadium.

Aries Walker 02-06-2011 04:52 PM

I'm going on record with my Official Prediction: Packers 30, Steelers 14.

I can't wait to hear former NFL players recite a historical document.

mlyonsd 02-06-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 7411216)
Wow, just wow.....

Two hours before kickoff, Cowboys Stadium wasn't ready for its possibly record crowd.

As the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers were warming up on the field, workers were still installing temporary seats in the top level of the stadium's west end.

The NFL shuffled things around to make space for the folks who'd paid $600 for those seats _ or, at least, as many as they could.

"Most of the fans affected will have been accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats," the league said in a statement. "Fans who are not accommodated with seats inside the stadium will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. We regret the situation."

Ticket-holders in those sections were asked to wait in the Party Plaza while work was being finished.

This is the latest black eye for the hosts following a week of problems caused by rare severe winter weather. They were hoping flawless game-day logistics would wipe out some of the complaints.

At least the weather was better _ blue skies with temperatures in the low 50s.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was counting on a crowd of more than 105,000, including stadium workers and media, and fans who bought standing room tickets for plazas outside the stadium.

They do things slower in the south.

-King- 02-06-2011 04:54 PM

I hate pregame shows during the regular season. Pregame shows before the superbowl are just ****ing terrible.

alnorth 02-06-2011 04:58 PM

I'm fine with the national anthem, america the beautiful, and just about any other song out there. However, not to sound unpatriotic or anything, but reciting the declaration of independence before the super bowl is really kinda stupid and should end.

RealSNR 02-06-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7411234)
I'm fine with the national anthem, america the beautiful, and just about any other song out there. However, not to sound unpatriotic or anything, but reciting the declaration of independence before the super bowl is really kinda stupid and should end.

Is this the first year they've done it?

-King- 02-06-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Terrorist.

alnorth 02-06-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7411235)
Is this the first year they've done it?

nope. every year since 9/11. I'd think ten years is enough?

alnorth 02-06-2011 05:01 PM

LOL first commercial coming out of the declaration of independence was a local bail bondsman. Thats just oddly in sync.

Dylan 02-06-2011 05:04 PM

FOX Broadcoasting & National Football League sends message to Congress ... The Declaration of Independence

Okie_Apparition 02-06-2011 05:06 PM

Cowboy's Stadium looks like a gaint crab. Maybe Jerra had a back up plan to open the world's largest crab shack if the NFL goes down the tubes.

chiefsfan987 02-06-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

I liked it :shrug:

-King- 02-06-2011 05:08 PM

Roethlisberger looking obese as usual.

RealSNR 02-06-2011 05:10 PM

Built Ford tough Steelers

die die die die die

-King- 02-06-2011 05:11 PM

Damn I cant wait for the Chiefs to get here.

chiefsfan987 02-06-2011 05:11 PM

although I would scrap the celebrity halftime show and do something more along the lines of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bHFCtWj7vI

acesn8s 02-06-2011 05:13 PM

Where in the hell is the crowd noise? All you can here in the loud speakers.

kstater 02-06-2011 05:14 PM

Jesus those are some epic tits.

acesn8s 02-06-2011 05:14 PM

I'm sure it sounds great at the stadium but its crap on tv.