ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Petro a& Lenny "Don't blame the offense" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198946)

petegz28 12-22-2008 12:38 PM

Petro a& Lenny "Don't blame the offense"

On the way to the airport I was listening to Soren and Lenny. While Lenny was a bit more critical of Thigy, both said this game was not the fault of the offense. 500 yard and 31 points should never net you a loss.

Lenny reminded us what some here tried to say yesterday, "offense is fun to watch but defense wins games".

Miami had the ball for 12 minutes in the 4th quarter. That says it right there. That is the game. This offense battled back from poor special teams play and defensive play (opening play), to hand the defense yet another lead.

Both said Thigy's performance is expected for a 1st year QB. Did he make dumb throws? Yes. Should he have had more INT's? Yes. But as Soren pointed out, Pennignton also got away with 2 or 3 balls that were tipped and close to being picked off.

Bottom line is the offense has been moving the ball and scoring and the defense has yet to hold a lead. Again as Lenny said, you can't keep trying to outscore your opponents ala DV. Defense has to show up and play.

suds79 12-22-2008 12:42 PM

Sure I don't think anybody is purely faulting the offense after Sunday's game.

The defense blew it. No doubt about that. This one is on them.

But it would be nice if for once the offense didn't choke again in the 2nd half.

1st half - 28 points (At that rate they should easily score in the 40s and probably 50s)

2nd half - 3 points.

Out-coached by halftime adjustments again. :shake:

Reerun_KC 12-22-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5320285)
On the way to the airport I was listening to Soren and Lenny. While Lenny was a bit more critical of Thigy, both said this game was not the fault of the offense. 500 yard and 31 points should never net you a loss.

Lenny reminded us what some here tried to say yesterday, "offense is fun to watch but defense wins games".

Miami had the ball for 12 minutes in the 4th quarter. That says it right there. That is the game. This offense battled back from poor special teams play and defensive play (opening play), to hand the defense yet another lead.

Both said Thigy's performance is expected for a 1st year QB. Did he make dumb throws? Yes. Should he have had more INT's? Yes. But as Soren pointed out, Pennignton also got away with 2 or 3 balls that were tipped and close to being picked off.

Bottom line is the offense has been moving the ball and scoring and the defense has yet to hold a lead. Again as Lenny said, you can't keep trying to outscore your opponents ala DV. Defense has to show up and play.

R U sure that wasnt a replay from 2003 and the Circus Offense?

Herm Herm Herm, how you look foolish now for running your mouth...

dirk digler 12-22-2008 12:44 PM

We score so fast our awesome D never gets a break /Herm

Reerun_KC 12-22-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 5320301)

But it would be nice if for once the offense didn't choke again in the 2nd half.

1st half - 28 points (At that rate they should easily score in the 40s and probably 50s)

2nd half - 3 points.

3 points in the second half is just amazing.. Our failure to adjust has cost this team at least 7 games this year... We should be at least 8-8 or better...

Bowser 12-22-2008 12:44 PM

Not only has the game passed Gunther by, offenses around the league have effectively learned to counter the en vogue Cover 2. And, it doesn't help the Chiefs any by starting a number of guys who wouldn't even be on other NFL rosters.

petegz28 12-22-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 5320301)

2nd half - 3 points.

We had the ball for 3 minutes in the 4th quarter. Hard to score without the ball.

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:45 PM

We're just a really bad team...

Bowser 12-22-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320318)
We're just a really bad team...

Are you baiting KCJohnny here?

petegz28 12-22-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

We're just a really bad coached team...

FYP...:D

Hootie 12-22-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5320285)

actually only QB's for the Chiefs have a stat called 'near INTs'...no other team's QB ever almost throws an INT.

Bowser 12-22-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5320321)
FYP...:D

And YOU'RE baiting SensibleChiefsFan. Bunch of shit stirrers in here.

Reerun_KC 12-22-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5320320)
Are you baiting KCJohnny here?

KCJohnny is like our special ed superhero.... YOU really feel sorry for him, but his dedication to the cause makes you have goosebumps...

Hootie 12-22-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs are just a really bad team...

FYP.

Don't try to lump yourself in with the actual fans.

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320329)
FYP.

Don't try to lump yourself in with the actual fans.

I'd rather not be lumped with you, after that whole "I'd rather have Thigpen than Carson Palmer" thing I'd like to be thought of as far away from you as possible.

Reerun_KC 12-22-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320318)
The Chiefs without Huard are just a really bad team...

FYP

ROFL

Hootie 12-22-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320332)
I'd rather not be lumped with you, after that whole "I'd rather have Thigpen than Carson Palmer" thing I'd like to be thought of as far away from you as possible.

I can't wait until the Palmer led Bengals win 5 or 6 games next year so I can laugh in your face...

Mr. Immobile/overrated is finished. Two more seasons before everyone figures out the guy is a fraud. No ball control, no pocket awareness, no good.

He's on name alone...

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:52 PM

And then Hootie will wonder why people think he's dumb.

Hootie 12-22-2008 12:54 PM

It's ok Mecca...of course you're going to have the support on the board on this one...Carson Palmer is a big name...

But next season, and the one after that...it'll be hilarious to hear your excuses for not seeing it coming...

Palmer is FINISHED. He'll never lead another team to the playoffs.

DJ's left nut 12-22-2008 12:55 PM

That entire exchange was absurd.

Someone would say "hey, so Thigpen made a couple of bad throws"

St. James would pipe up "so the defense gives up 38 and you're blaming the offense, you can't put this on the offense...blah blah blah".

The defense sucking does not change the performance of the offense. The offense cratered in the 2nd half, the playcalling was bizarre (sticking with the pass...like Petegz has asked them to do the last several weeks in an attempt to defend Thigpen) and Thigpen failed miserably on a number of occasions.

The offense was awful in the 2nd half. It's absolutely fair to point that out.

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320351)
It's ok Mecca...of course you're going to have the support on the board on this one...Carson Palmer is a big name...

But next season, and the one after that...it'll be hilarious to hear your excuses for not seeing it coming...

I'll trade basically the entire Chiefs roster for Carson Palmer.

Hootie 12-22-2008 12:58 PM

It's also fair to point out that the offense scored 31 points without help from the defense and they still lost because the defense couldn't stop a team that is far from an offensive juggernaut.

dirk digler 12-22-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

You really believe that and why?

SAUTO 12-22-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

i think that palmer is washed up also. i've said that for a long time

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5320371)
You really believe that and why?

Because Hootie plays fantasy football.....

He told me Palmer had a bad shoulder last night, I like when he doesn't even know what Palmers actual injury is.

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5320375)
i think that palmer is washed up also. i've said that for a long time

Well now I'm satisfied that he's not, you and Hootie believing something the same makes it a pretty safe bet to be on the other side.

SAUTO 12-22-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320365)

ROFL wow you love ANY usc player huh? palmer hasnt been the same since injuring his knee

SAUTO 12-22-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320383)
Well now I'm satisfied that he's not, you and Hootie believing something the same makes it a pretty safe bet to be on the other side.

we'll see

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5320384)
ROFL wow you love ANY usc player huh? palmer hasnt been the same since injuring his knee

The reeruns have united.....they love Tyler Thigpen but hate Carson Palmer, jesus christ.

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

ROFLROFLROFL

I'd trade maybe a 3rd round pick for an immobile, injury prone QB that can't protect the football.

The Carson Palmer/Drew Bledsoe type QB is done...

Look at all of the QB's coming into the league now...they are all CAPABLE of moving in the pocket...Culter, Romo, Rivers, Rodgers, Ryan, etc...and the QB's that have been good forever (Manning, Brady, Favre) have always had a knack for avoiding pressure and making plays by staying alive in the pocket.

Palmer can't do this stuff...we've seen him first hand fumble the game away against the Chiefs on several occasions...the guy can't feel pressure to save his life.

His only chance is playing behind a 2003 Chiefs-esque offensive line.

Brock 12-22-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

That's pretty reeruned.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5320393)
That's pretty reeruned.

You notice I said basically right, it's not like this team has alot of players, outside of 5-10 guys.

SAUTO 12-22-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320389)

The reeruns have united.....they love Tyler Thigpen but hate Carson Palmer, jesus christ.

see thats why people hate you on here, we're stating a case against a guy and you start calling people reeruns. thats why i ****ing hate you. if you told me you would show up at a function to punch me in the face i would be there with bells on asshole

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320378)
Because Hootie plays fantasy football.....

He told me Palmer had a bad shoulder last night, I like when he doesn't even know what Palmers actual injury is.

He had one good year that put him on the map...the year after that the Bengals won 7 games and he fumbled the ball 15 times...the year after that he threw 20 picks and the Bengals failed to make the playoffs again...

The dude is done. He loses as many, if not more football games than he wins...that's not a franchise QB.

Sorry USC fan boy, Palmer doesn't win you football games. You won't even take the bet on a healthy Palmer winning 7 games for the Bengals next year because you know it's a bad bet...

A franchise QB wins football games...Carson Palmer isn't a franchise QB...so trading our entire roster for a third tier injury prone QB doesn't exactly make you the GM you call yourself.

CoMoChief 12-22-2008 01:04 PM

We didnt run it enough to be honest.

LJ avg damn near 10 ypc.

I have no clue on why we didn't continue to run the ball down their throats.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5320384)

Boy he was really shitty after blowing out his knee..

2006 Cincinnati 16 93.9 324 520 62.3 4035 252.2 7.8 28 13

Man that's a shitty shitty year.

CoMoChief 12-22-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320400)
He had one good year that put him on the map...the year after that the Bengals won 7 games and he fumbled the ball 15 times...the year after that he threw 20 picks and the Bengals failed to make the playoffs again...

The dude is done. He loses as many, if not more football games than he wins...that's not a franchise QB.

Sorry USC fan boy, Palmer doesn't win you football games. You won't even take the bet on a healthy Palmer winning 7 games for the Bengals next year because you know it's a bad bet...

A franchise QB wins football games...Carson Palmer isn't a franchise QB...so trading our entire roster for a third tier injury prone QB doesn't exactly make you the GM you call yourself.

:spock: LMAO This is just a dumb****ing post. Theres no other way to put it.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5320399)
see thats why people hate you on here, we're stating a case against a guy and you start calling people reeruns. thats why i ****ing hate you. if you told me you would show up at a function to punch me in the face i would be there with bells on asshole

You are railing on a 28 year old QB, that has every tool you could ask a QB to have after supporting Tyler Thigpen, do you understand how dumb that makes you look?

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:06 PM

If I had the choice between Carson Palmer and drafting a QB with say...the 25th pick in the draft I'd immediately take the 25th pick without thinking twice.

Every single QB that is successful in today's game and is a 'franchise' QB can move in the pocket...Palmer can't. He's the next Drew Bledsoe...Bledsoe was awesome before the hybrid DE's became a fixture on NFL defenses...then he became a downright liability...look at what Tony Romo has done for that team...and what can he do? Make plays with his feet.

Chiefnj2 12-22-2008 01:07 PM

Palmer had a 41.3 rating against Tennesse this year.
Thigpen had a 68.8 rating against Tennesse this year.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:07 PM

He's not nearly as immobile as Bledsoe was....

And by the way if you haven't noticed, Tony Romo is sucking ass this year.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 5320417)
Palmer had a 41.3 rating against Tennesse this year.
Thigpen had a 68.8 rating against Tennesse this year.

Yes it's all based on 1 game.......you are way smarter than that.

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320405)
Boy he was really shitty after blowing out his knee..

2006 Cincinnati 16 93.9 324 520 62.3 4035 252.2 7.8 28 13

Man that's a shitty shitty year.

the year he fumbled 15 times? What is he...Dave Krieg?

How many wins did they have that year?

They go 8-8 or 7-9 every year with Palmer because he's nothing more than average even when he's healthy.

Peyton Manning wins despite that defense...why? Because he's a franchise QB that protects the ball...

You can't be a franchise QB and fumble the ball 15 times in a season.

Demonpenz 12-22-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5320404)
We didnt run it enough to be honest.

LJ avg damn near 10 ypc.

I have no clue on why we didn't continue to run the ball down their throats.

It is good for the team, we save some carries for LJ later on down the line. Then we loose getting us a better pick. The stars are aligning greatly

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320424)
the year he fumbled 15 times? What is he...Dave Krieg?

How many wins did they have that year?

They go 8-8 or 7-9 every year with Palmer because he's nothing more than average even when he's healthy.

Peyton Manning wins despite that defense...why? Because he's a franchise QB that protects the ball...

You can't be a franchise QB and fumble the ball 15 times in a season.

Take Warren Moon out of the HOF he sucked balls. That is basically what this post is saying.

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320418)
He's not nearly as immobile as Bledsoe was....

And by the way if you haven't noticed, Tony Romo is sucking ass this year.

8-3 in games when he's healthy? That's sucking ass?

26 TD's and 13 INT's with a 95 QB rating...

8-3

are you reeruned?

Bowser 12-22-2008 01:10 PM

Palmer is Trent Green. If he has an above average line and skill players, he will dominate. I don't see Carson as that guy that can lift the talent of the players around him, though.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:10 PM

Hootie, you amuse me.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5320435)
Palmer is Trent Green. If he has an above average line and skill players, he will dominate. I don't see Carson as that guy that can lift the talent of the players around him, though.

Classic Chiefs planet line "No QB is good without a line"

HemiEd 12-22-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Your dumbest post ever.

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:11 PM

Tony Romo, undrafted, has accomplished far more to date, and is a far better QB than former #1 pick Carson Palmer...hands down.

and Carson Palmer is done in the NFL...two more years of mediocrity equals new team, equals backup job, equals just another #1 QB bust.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 5320439)
Your dumbest post ever.

It's a tongue in cheek post but Carson Palmer is worth more than basically every player on the Chiefs roster.

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320436)
Hootie, you amuse me.

why? Because you just said a QB who is 8-3 as a starter this year with 26 TD's and 13 INT's with a QB rating higher than that of the 8-8 2006 Carson Palmer is 'sucking balls' this year?

Bowser 12-22-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320437)
Classic Chiefs planet line "No QB is good without a line"

My point was Carson is good, maybe borderline great, but he isn't elite.

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320447)
It's a tongue in cheek post but Carson Palmer is worth more than basically every player on the Chiefs roster.

so you'd trade our #3 pick for Carson Palmer?

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320441)
Tony Romo, undrafted, has accomplished far more to date, and is a far better QB than former #1 pick Carson Palmer...hands down.

and Carson Palmer is done in the NFL...two more years of mediocrity equals new team, equals backup job, equals just another #1 QB bust.

Tony Romo is only on the most talented team in the league, man I'm impressed...

And according to you he hasn't because Palmer and Romo have done the same thing they've both made the playoffs and lost. Palmer got injured in his game, Romo just ****ed up.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5320451)

That's fine if you think there's like 1 or 2 elite QB's.

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5320451)

if he was borderline great he'd have more than one playoff appearance under his belt with players like Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry on his team...

He was average when healthy, and now he can't stay on the field...he's on name alone now.

People were taking him in the 2nd round of fantasy this year and I was cracking up...the dude will never be relevant again...I can't wait until the 5-11 2009 Bengals conclude their season with Palmer on IR so I can laugh in douche bag's face.

DeezNutz 12-22-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320452)
so you'd trade our #3 pick for Carson Palmer?

Would you trade LJ for Palmer?

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:15 PM

It's Carson Palmers fault the Bengals are reeruns, he is obviously the QB, GM and head coach.

Bowser 12-22-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320459)
That's fine if you think there's like 1 or 2 elite QB's.

Brady (when healthy), Manning, and Favre of last year come to mind.

Phillip Rivers this year is a good comparison to Carson Palmer, imo.

ChiefsCountry 12-22-2008 01:16 PM

Wow we have some reeruns on the loose. Carson Palmer is a top 5 NFL QB. Period. Put him in city other than the cesspool of Cincinnati and you are talking about Peyton Manning and him in the same breath. And heck he took that cesspool to the playoffs through a division championship.

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320454)
Tony Romo is only on the most talented team in the league, man I'm impressed...

And according to you he hasn't because Palmer and Romo have done the same thing they've both made the playoffs and lost. Palmer got injured in his game, Romo just ****ed up.

Romo has made the playoffs 2 seasons out of 2 and he played ****ing awesome against the EVENTUAL SUPER BOWL CHAMPION GIANTS...only to have Crayton drop a sure fire, Tony Romo made (on an amazing scramble) dagger TD pass (if you watched the game you'd know the play) that would have been them up 28-17...instead they had to punt and the rest was history.

The Cowboys played the Giants better than the then 18-0 Patriots last year...if it wasn't for the Cowboys D surrendering a first half TD with 0:45 on the clock and said Crayton drop, the Cowboys represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and the Pats probably go 19-0.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5320468)
Brady (when healthy), Manning, and Favre of last year come to mind.

Phillip Rivers this year is a good comparison to Carson Palmer, imo.

Rivers holds the ball and takes alot of sacks so if anyone is going to rail on Palmer for being immobile Rivers does the same stuff...

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5320464)

Yes but LJ has no trade value.

Bowser 12-22-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320463)
if he was borderline great he'd have more than one playoff appearance under his belt with players like Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry on his team...

He was average when healthy, and now he can't stay on the field...he's on name alone now.

People were taking him in the 2nd round of fantasy this year and I was cracking up...the dude will never be relevant again...I can't wait until the 5-11 2009 Bengals conclude their season with Palmer on IR so I can laugh in douche bag's face.

This is why I made the Trent Green reference. Cinci, when Palmer was lighting it up, had no defense, ala the '02-'05 Chiefs when Trent was tearing it up.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5320471)
Wow we have some reeruns on the loose. Carson Palmer is a top 5 NFL QB. Period. Put him in city other than the cesspool of Cincinnati and you are talking about Peyton Manning and him in the same breath. And heck he took that cesspool to the playoffs through a division championship.

It's unexplainable.

SAUTO 12-22-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320408)
You are railing on a 28 year old QB, that has every tool you could ask a QB to have after supporting Tyler Thigpen, do you understand how dumb that makes you look?

who had a couple of good years and ALWAYS IS INJURED

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:19 PM

Always injured?

This is the first year he has missed any games due to injury....

CoMoChief 12-22-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5320464)

I would in a heartbeat.

SAUTO 12-22-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320484)
Always injured?

but he always has injuries that limit his play. what's his career won loss record?

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5320471)

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Carson Palmer isn't even in the same world as Peyton Manning.

Everyone gives the Colts credit for all of the pieces they surround Peyton with...but living in Illinois I get EVERY Colts game and they have a defense that is almost as bad as the one we field...Harrison is noticeably washed up...Clark is an average TE that Peyton glorifies...that offensive line is shaky at best and they have NO running game this year...

It's Peyton and Wayne...mostly Peyton...and he's willed that team on one knee from 3-4 to 11-4...

Carson Palmer is a #1 pick that has been surrounded by talent on the offensive side of the ball his whole career...the year he took over for Kitna the Bengals won 8 or 9 games I believe...they might have been a playoff team.

Since then Palmer has made the playoffs once and has underachieved every year because he has terrible ball control. Too many turnovers, not enough 3rd down conversions...the dude is flat out overrated...always has been...and now he's injury prone. I told Mecca the Bengals won't win 7 games next year with a healthy Palmer and he won't take the bet because he knows it's a bad bet.

A franchise QB wills their team to the playoffs, period.

See Matt Ryan.

ChiefsCountry 12-22-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320484)
Always injured?

Playoff game against Pittsburgh.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:21 PM

They can have everyone on the offense other than Bowe and Albert for Palmer....and they can take DJ too.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5320499)
Playoff game against Pittsburgh.

Well he got injured in that game then was ready for the next season so he started the game.

SAUTO 12-22-2008 01:22 PM

carson palmer career rating of 88.9!!! yeah thats top 5 qb worthy. you guys are hilarious

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320474)
Rivers holds the ball and takes alot of sacks so if anyone is going to rail on Palmer for being immobile Rivers does the same stuff...

Sure, Rivers takes a lot of sacks...but he also makes plays with his feet...3 of his 4 TD passes yesterday were all because he is mobile and got out of the pocket and gave his receivers extra time to get open in the end zone.

ChiefsCountry 12-22-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320497)
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Carson Palmer isn't even in the same world as Peyton Manning.

Everyone gives the Colts credit for all of the pieces they surround Peyton with...but living in Illinois I get EVERY Colts game and they have a defense that is almost as bad as the one we field...Harrison is noticeably washed up...Clark is an average TE that Peyton glorifies...that offensive line is shaky at best and they have NO running game this year...

It's Peyton and Wayne...mostly Peyton...and he's willed that team on one knee from 3-4 to 11-4...

Carson Palmer is a #1 pick that has been surrounded by talent on the offensive side of the ball his whole career...the year he took over for Kitna the Bengals won 8 or 9 games I believe...they might have been a playoff team.

Since then Palmer has made the playoffs once and has underachieved every year because he has terrible ball control. Too many turnovers, not enough 3rd down conversions...the dude is flat out overrated...always has been...and now he's injury prone. I told Mecca the Bengals won't win 7 games next year with a healthy Palmer and he won't take the bet because he knows it's a bad bet.

A franchise QB wills their team to the playoffs, period.

See Matt Ryan.

You are also the idiot who pimped Damon Huard.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5320494)
but he always has injuries that limit his play. what's his career won loss record?

According to this argument I better never hear it's not Thigpens fault and it's the defenses fault ever again.

HemiEd 12-22-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5320435)

I agree, Palmer is no longer an ascending player.