ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games WoW: Warlords of Draenor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285684)

ToxSocks 08-14-2014 01:18 PM

WoW: Warlords of Draenor

The Cinematic finally released today as well as the release date for the expansion pack. 11-13-14. I think this is going to be an awesome xpac, probably their best since launch. The PvP is going to be epic.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TLzhlsEFcVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

God of Thunder 08-14-2014 01:27 PM

Me and my 90 are ready. The wife is hoping to have her level 50 druid to 90 before then.

listopencil 08-14-2014 01:49 PM

Started playing again to try out this expac. Getting my toons ready after a long layoff.

listopencil 08-14-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God of Thunder (Post 10818376)
Me and my 90 are ready. The wife is hoping to have her level 50 druid to 90 before then.

You've got three months. You could level several from 1 to 90 in three months.

ToxSocks 08-14-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God of Thunder (Post 10818376)

Don't forget you also get a free character boost to 90 when you buy WoD. She can just get the druid to 60, pick her professions, and then bahm, boost it to 90 w/ max level professions.

If anyone needs any assistance with anything, just hit me up. I have a full Heroic geared Warlock that'll pwn pretty much any content available.

Jerm 08-14-2014 02:44 PM

...they're gonna pull me back in lol...:facepalm:

lcarus 08-14-2014 03:30 PM

I started playing again a month ago. Looking forward to the expansion.

Gravedigger 08-14-2014 03:37 PM

I've been playing and getting into the lore once again from guys on youtube like BellularGaming and Nobbel. I'm looking forward to this expansion. I'm tempted to get every one of my toons to 90 before the launch and pick which class I think is the most fun to push into Draenor. Right now I just have my 85 Mage, 86 Rogue, 75 Warlock and 76 Warrior to level up to 90, every other character is there already.

The cinematic was pretty sweet, showing what would happen when Grommash rejected the Fel Blood originally. Of course throwing Garrosh in there changes the events completely but it'll be interesting to see Guldan's reaction now that he is on the bottom and Grommash is on top.

ToxSocks 08-14-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10819001)
I've been playing and getting into the lore once again from guys on youtube like BellularGaming and Nobbel. I'm looking forward to this expansion. I'm tempted to get every one of my toons to 90 before the launch and pick which class I think is the most fun to push into Draenor. Right now I just have my 85 Mage, 86 Rogue, 75 Warlock and 76 Warrior to level up to 90, every other character is there already.

The cinematic was pretty sweet, showing what would happen when Grommash rejected the Fel Blood originally. Of course throwing Garrosh in there changes the events completely but it'll be interesting to see Guldan's reaction now that he is on the bottom and Grommash is on top.

I can't decide which imma level first. Either my Spriest or my lock. The "Mythic" raid set for Warlocks is freaking sweet. It's basically what Gul'dan is wearing in the cinematic.

Silock 08-14-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10818598)
Don't forget you also get a free character boost to 90 when you buy WoD. She can just get the druid to 60, pick her professions, and then bahm, boost it to 90 w/ max level professions.

If anyone needs any assistance with anything, just hit me up. I have a full Heroic geared Warlock that'll pwn pretty much any content available.

Wow, that free to 90 thing might get me back in.

listopencil 08-14-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10819046)
Wow, that free to 90 thing might get me back in.

You get a character boosted to 90 with a set of spec specific i489 gear, and your professions maxed out if the character was level 60 or higher to begin with. The i489 gear is high enough level to get you into the Looking For Raid queue.

Silock 08-14-2014 06:19 PM

That's pretty awesome. I think I have one of every class higher than 60.

Saccopoo 08-15-2014 12:24 AM

Worthless since Blackwing Lair.

What happened to CC in instances?

What happened to Tarren Mill world PvP?

**** the Bob Barker behind curtain #3 epic set bullshit.

Used to be fun. Used to require some semblance of intelligence. Or, at the very least, massive levels of grinding your ass off for something even half way good. (Arcanite Reaper anyone?)

Shit bag of a game now.

Mechwarrior Online is where it's at at this point.

listopencil 08-15-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10819847)

CC in runs goes in cycles. At the beginning of an expac you have to use it because as soon as people outgear stuff they move on to the next level in progression, so you don't have so many overgeared groups. Other than that all you can do is avoid random groups and do guild runs with people who like to play the way you do. Or just keep moving on in progression I guess. They are changing it up a bit this time around.

Quote:

The same thing that happened to Crossroads PVP. Blizz brought in BG's ( a long time ago) so you actually get something out of doing instanced PVP. And they beefed up town guards so it's not so easy for PVP-tards to "raid" a PVE hub anymore. You can still do it if you want, you just can't stroke your e-peen by killing level 40 guards now.

Quote:

Used to be fun. Used to require some semblance of intelligence. Or, at the very least, massive levels of grinding your ass off for something even half way good. (Arcanite Reaper anyone?)

Shit bag of a game now.

There is a lot of stupid shit in WoW. Mostly the mindless rep grind and other bullshit timesinks that they put in instead of content with back-to-back 5 level expacs. WoD is the first 10 level expac since Wrath. I'll give them a chance to entertain me.

listopencil 08-15-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10819357)
That's pretty awesome. I think I have one of every class higher than 60.

Got my hunter to 90 tonight, that's the 5th 90 since I started playing again a few weeks ago. I have a few more 85+ toons to level and gear. I slapped some BOA on my two lowbies. Level 69 mage and level 42 monk. I might go ahead and get a 90 of each class to about i500 for the expac.

Silock 08-15-2014 01:20 AM

I liked it when people raided PVE hubs. That was way fun, especially when reinforcements arrived.

Spontaneous world PVP was the best. Purely instanced PVP sucks.

listopencil 08-15-2014 01:33 AM

You can always go to a PVP server.

Silock 08-15-2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10819877)
You can always go to a PVP server.

Even on a PvP server, world PvP is dead.

listopencil 08-15-2014 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10819883)

I saw something interesting in the Timeless Isle area. You can flag yourself PVA or Player Versus Anyone. Any two people flagged PVA can fight and they usually are. I am also seeing a lot of PVP going on around the island away from the guards.

lcarus 08-15-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10819889)
I saw something interesting in the Timeless Isle area. You can flag yourself PVA or Player Versus Anyone. Any two people flagged PVA can fight and they usually are. I am also seeing a lot of PVP going on around the island away from the guards.

I get ganked non stop out there trying to get shitty Timeless gear on my huntard.

ToxSocks 08-15-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10819847)

Shit bag of a game now.

Pretty worthless and uninformed post. None of that is true and acting like Blackwing Lair was the pinnacle of raiding is pretty sad. Vanilla raids can't compare to the complexity of today's raids. And Im not talking about LFR either, since that's not real raiding. From a mechanics standpoint, Blackwing Lair might as well be a dungeon compared to current raid content.

Your post is a clear illustration of how ignorant you are on the subject.

"**** the Bob Barker behind curtain #3 epic set bullshit."

How about stop doing easy content designed for players who either don't have the time or skill for the more the difficult content.

The whole mantra of "WoW is easy" is dumb. Apparently it's so easy that less than 1% of their 7million subscribers have completed their most difficult content.

ToxSocks 08-15-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10819889)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10820042)
I get ganked non stop out there trying to get shitty Timeless gear on my huntard.

WoD is introducing a new zone called Ashran. If world pvp is your thing, this is about as close to it as your going to find. It should be really, really good. Non-instanced, large scale PvP zone. So far from Beta reports, it's going extremely well. It's designed to resemble early WoW AV battles. Also, both faction hubs will be located right outside of this new zone, and if you want to buy pvp gear, you'll be forced into this zone to go get it.

Also....Blizzard is creating a special BG for their 10th Anniversary.

Southshore vs Tarren Mill.

It's going to be a 100vs100 Team Death Match taking place in the old Southshore/Tarren Mill area.

ToxSocks 08-15-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Thanks to the introduction of flying.

Flying won't be allowed in WoD for the first few months, so we should see the return of world pvp at least for awhile.

BigBeauford 08-15-2014 11:11 AM

This is most assuredly a pipe-dream, but if they allowed us to play on servers strictly limited to vanilla or with BC thrown in, I would be all in for throwing down the cash again.

kcpasco 08-15-2014 12:46 PM

Fix the server issues and I will come back. I am not gonna pay for 10 character transfers. And the recent server merges were just a band aid.

ToxSocks 08-15-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 10820728)
Fix the server issues and I will come back. I am not gonna pay for 10 character transfers. And the recent server merges were just a band aid.

If people aren't joining your server, im not sure what you expect Blizz to do other than merge the server with multiple servers, which they've been doing. Aside from giving you free transfers, im not sure what you expect Blizzard to do.

Servers are moot at this point anyway. Everything is cross realm enabled now. You can join raid and RBG teams from a completely different server.

kcpasco 08-15-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10821075)
If people aren't joining your server, im not sure what you expect Blizz to do other than merge the server with multiple servers, which they've been doing. Aside from giving you free transfers, im not sure what you expect Blizzard to do.

Servers are moot at this point anyway. Everything is cross realm enabled now. You can join raid and RBG teams from a completely different server.

Merging 2 dead servers together does not solve the issue. They should either merge a bunch of servers like maybe 5 or give out free transfers.

ToxSocks 08-15-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 10821211)
Merging 2 dead servers together does not solve the issue. They should either merge a bunch of servers like maybe 5 or give out free transfers.

Well, hopefully something gets resolved for your situation. My server was merged with two other servers and it's basically a high population server now with out the stupid login Ques.

listopencil 08-15-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Just wondering, why would you want to play on a busier server?

kcpasco 08-15-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10821325)
Just wondering, why would you want to play on a busier server?

Auction House and active trade chat but overall just an active community is nice.

kcpasco 08-15-2014 10:14 PM

That cinematic is epic. My favorite is still the Wotlk one but that one is a very close second. Gul 'dan came off as a little bit of a chump but he was probably just surprised and WTF is going on.

lcarus 08-16-2014 08:37 AM

If anyone wants to add me on Battle.net my "battletag" is Mackgyver#1269

jspchief 08-16-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

The biggest challenge they face is unsubbed players. Those dead servers have enough characters to be high population if everyone returns. Merge it with a few others, and you're looking at 2hr queues just to login.

wazu 08-16-2014 07:53 PM

Anybody here play Alliance on a PVP server? If so, what server(s)?

BigBeauford 08-16-2014 09:13 PM

Bout to get on a server as alliance. Kil'Jaeden as alliance.

DC.chief 08-22-2014 07:49 AM

Man shit... I may have to get back into this game. Haven't played since cata. Vowed I wouldn't since it consumed so much of my life but damn I'm missing an mmorpg in my life.

good idea or bad idea?

Valiant 08-22-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10823618)
The biggest challenge they face is unsubbed players. Those dead servers have enough characters to be high population if everyone returns. Merge it with a few others, and you're looking at 2hr queues just to login.

Yeah, they should move all the unsubbed players over a certain length of time to a queue to pick a new server if they ever come back. Then merge if they need to to have fuller servers.

listopencil 08-22-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10839935)
Yeah, they should move all the unsubbed players over a certain length of time to a queue to pick a new server if they ever come back. Then merge if they need to to have fuller servers.

I doubt that they would ever do something like that. They have consistently moved towards tailoring the game for more casual players, new people and returning old players.

listopencil 08-22-2014 11:06 PM

One good thing about the character boost; you get to skip Cata and Panda. I have been leveling toons to get ready for the expansion.

Azeroth is fun and you have lots of different paths to level through. It's weird to go through the same zones or instances that have been radically altered. I miss a lot of the old stuff but it's a smoother experience. The drops and quest rewards are better. Not perfect, some of them are still stupid, but better than it was. I zoomed right through on my monk and my banker mage.

Outlands is still fun. The art style is really dorky and cartoonish, everything is "fel blah blah blah", but the instances are the same. Of course now everyone does two to five times as much dps as they used to. I find that it is enjoyable when you get people who are struggling with gear or roto. It's kind of funny when the runs go all to shit because if you even have a couple people in a five that know what they are doing you will still pull it off.

Wrath is still a blast. All of the instances are burned into my head because of doing LFG on reg and H, over and over and over again back when it came out. You also get a nice choice of quest direction and it's not such a boring linear experience. I am still disappointed that they removed the quest line involving taking back the Undercity. It was one of my all time favorites. Which brings me to...

Cata and Panda. God, they suck. I blame it on back-to-back five level expacs. It's just a crappy grind doing the same quests over and over on your billionth alt. The rep grinding and dailys are such shit, I'm glad I'll never have to do them again. There were some nice things that came out of those expacs but the content was just crap. I think they did this boost because people just didn't want to play through their shitty expansions.

hometeam 08-23-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10824304)
Bout to get on a server as alliance. Kil'Jaeden as alliance.

u gay

ToxSocks 11-12-2014 11:46 AM

Launch night tonight, 12am PST.

Woot, woot, im ready. Gonna grab some coffee, some weed and get an early start to leveling.

The servers are gonna be jam packed tonight.

I also took a mini vacation from work for it. Two days paid vacation heading into the weekend, which means 4 consecutive days off for leveling.

ToxSocks 11-12-2014 11:51 AM

Also for, any WoW Lore fans, these little 5 minute videos they made are freaking awesome.

Adds to the hype machine....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/72V2J31XAUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FRnabRRi1ik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ToxSocks 11-12-2014 11:58 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J7VT7NG7e38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fRlokbOelfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t6LIty6Uea4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gravedigger 11-12-2014 04:04 PM

Something I didn't do with Mists is take time off. I got a four day weekend starting here in and hour and a half where I'm going to get some sleep right after work, wake up around 10, shave and shower, grab some grub and some energy drinks and go to work at 2 am when the servers go live. I got into the Beta and it was really fun, I just had too many games to play that I didn't get to level fully up to 100.

ToxSocks 11-12-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11106262)
Something I didn't do with Mists is take time off. I got a four day weekend starting here in and hour and a half where I'm going to get some sleep right after work, wake up around 10, shave and shower, grab some grub and some energy drinks and go to work at 2 am when the servers go live. I got into the Beta and it was really fun, I just had too many games to play that I didn't get to level fully up to 100.

Yeah if i had to wait till 2am i would probably just say **** it and wait till tomorrow. Lucky me im PST.

listopencil 11-12-2014 08:54 PM

I have 9 level 90's with i510+ waiting to storm WoD. Been ****ing around on my BOA Monk (tank/DPS) but I've frozen him at 67 so I can tank BC runs with the lowbie guildies who are trying to catch up. Friends on other servers who popped out a DK just to play together. I also have my banker Mage in BOA that sits in Org because I hate Mages. Got him to 70 but it's just boring to play him, hence banker alt. Gotta work tomorrow though. I'll be chewing mobs on my Druid (Bear/Boom) main after work.

ToxSocks 11-12-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11106892)
I have 9 level 90's with i510+ waiting to storm WoD. Been ****ing around on my BOA Monk (tank/DPS) but I've frozen him at 67 so I can tank BC runs with the lowbie guildies who are trying to catch up. Friends on other servers who popped out a DK just to play together. I also have my banker Mage in BOA that sits in Org because I hate Mages. Got him to 70 but it's just boring to play him, hence banker alt. Gotta work tomorrow though. I'll be chewing mobs on my Druid (Bear/Boom) main after work.

**** dude, 9 lvl 90's? Altaholic. I have...4.... 2 of them i barely play and 2 that are geared out the ass.

5 Hours away....

listopencil 11-12-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11106900)
**** dude, 9 lvl 90's? Altaholic. I have...4.... 2 of them i barely play and 2 that are geared out the ass.

5 Hours away....

I quit for well over a year. I just came back a couple of months ago, got my alts to 90, got their gear up over i-avg 510+ to do UBRS. Did a few UBRS but got into my Monk and started playing it. I have one of each class, my only lowbies are my Monk (67) and my Mage (70). It's too boring to me not do it that way.

Gravedigger 11-12-2014 09:04 PM

Yeah I have 90s of every class besides Mage and Rogue, those are 85 and 86. It kinda sucks though because I had an impossible time deciding which toon I'd play as my main. I'm taking my DK into Draenor first, followed by a healer class after that.

listopencil 11-12-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11106929)
Yeah I have 90s of every class besides Mage and Rogue, those are 85 and 86. It kinda sucks though because I had an impossible time deciding which toon I'd play as my main. I'm taking my DK into Draenor first, followed by a healer class after that.

Rogue is pretty nice. Combo points are now a resource that stacks on you (kinda like Holy Power) that you use as you wish. I'm an Ass/Sub (yes, I am aware of the pun) and it works great with Ass (Anticipation) or Sub (Marked for Death). I got bored with Combat.

listopencil 11-12-2014 09:11 PM

Oh and DK tanks are ridiculous. My main is my Bear but my Blood DK can't be killed.

Silock 11-13-2014 01:25 AM

I ****ing bought it.

GODDAMMIT.

What server is everyone on?

BigRichard 11-13-2014 10:09 AM

Updates from anyone? How is it? I logged into my battlenet account last night to get any patches but haven't reactivated my account or decided to buy this yet.

Silock 11-13-2014 02:24 PM

So far, the questing is fun. No grinding. We will see how endgame is.

BigRichard 11-13-2014 02:48 PM

What server are you guys on?

TripleThreat 11-13-2014 02:57 PM

Horde Tichondrious for me (PVP) realm

Alliance Darkspear (PVP)

Both are highly populated for each faction. Tich is veteran server, been playing on it since vanilla. its easily the best PvP realm and is ranked #1 of all the servers with alliance and horde combined.

jspchief 11-13-2014 04:03 PM

I've only played a little so far. The story line is pretty good, but the content is stupid easy. Maybe I just outgear it.

A lot of minor changes, like needing drops to learn your professions.

Overall I like it but wish it was more challenging.

kcpasco 11-13-2014 09:03 PM

Garrisons are nuking the servers.

ToxSocks 11-13-2014 09:06 PM

Horde Mug'Thol

ToxSocks 11-13-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 11108205)
I've only played a little so far. The story line is pretty good, but the content is stupid easy. Maybe I just outgear it.

A lot of minor changes, like needing drops to learn your professions.

Overall I like it but wish it was more challenging.

What's your ilvl?

jspchief 11-13-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11108902)
What's your ilvl?

565? 570? Not sure. I just know I'm never at risk of dying and I aoe pull everything.

kcpasco 11-13-2014 09:09 PM

Loving the content but this has to be the worst launch ever.

Silock 11-13-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 11108906)

It's the same story as the original game launching. Such a cluster****.

kcpasco 11-13-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11108920)
It's the same story as the original game launching. Such a cluster****.

I have played all expansions at launch and never had this much trouble. Even their forums are nuked so I gotta do my complaining here lol.

jspchief 11-13-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 11108906)

I played in the am and it was smooth as silk.

Server population s are a real issue. Dead server players move to high pop servers during slowdowns, then everyone gets slammed when content brings unsubs back.

ToxSocks 11-13-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 11108905)
565? 570? Not sure. I just know I'm never at risk of dying and I aoe pull everything.

Yeah, that ilvl is good till about 96-97.

The beginner quests are tuned for fresh boosts.

Silock 11-15-2014 07:11 PM

This expansion is amazing.

So good. Quests are great. Short, no grinding, interesting cutscenes...

SUCH QUEST SO AMAZE MUCH ENJOY

Gravedigger 11-16-2014 05:23 AM

Yeah I had a great time leveling and I still have so much to do with dungeons, my garrison, finding treasures and garrison resources, best expansion since WotLK for sure.

ToxSocks 11-17-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11112859)
This expansion is amazing.

So good. Quests are great. Short, no grinding, interesting cutscenes...

SUCH QUEST SO AMAZE MUCH ENJOY

I agree. The zones are freaking fantastic. I play the game on Ultra and the amount of detail and lighting in the zones were great, very fairy tale like and atmospheric. Blizz really did a good job with this one. They added some QoL changes to questing, the duration of leveling felt just right, not too short and not too grindy

Hell, some parts of the experience felt like they were directed by Michael Bay.

Did you guys do the "And Justice for Thrall" quest in Nagarand?

Gravedigger 11-17-2014 11:59 AM

I did every quest when leveling, no dungeons, and I was done leveling very early in Nagrand so I didn't get to that quest. I know of the cinematic at the end of the Nagrand lvling experience which was pretty badass between Thrall and Garrosh.

ToxSocks 11-17-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11121095)
I did every quest when leveling, no dungeons, and I was done leveling very early in Nagrand so I didn't get to that quest. I know of the cinematic at the end of the Nagrand lvling experience which was pretty badass between Thrall and Garrosh.

Ah man, you should go back and do the quest. I was high as a kite and listening to some Epic Music, which made it that much more intense. So maybe my experience will be a bit different than yours, but the quest felt like it was directed by Michael Bay.

It also rewards a 620 Helm which is nice until you get a Heroic helm.

Gravedigger 11-17-2014 03:40 PM

Yeah I got done lvling so I never finished the questing in Nagrand, I should go finish it I spose but I went right into dungeons and garrison missions after I hit max lvl. I'm worried about heroics, on my DK tank sometimes I get dipped pretty low just on normals and I have a 606 ilvl atm and you only need 610 to get into heroics.

ToxSocks 11-17-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11121571)
Yeah I got done lvling so I never finished the questing in Nagrand, I should go finish it I spose but I went right into dungeons and garrison missions after I hit max lvl. I'm worried about heroics, on my DK tank sometimes I get dipped pretty low just on normals and I have a 606 ilvl atm and you only need 610 to get into heroics.

That's because the healers are still catching up too. Around 620 Heroics becomes pretty easy.

Silock 11-23-2014 01:34 AM

This is awesome.

listopencil 11-23-2014 02:44 AM

I am deliberately trying not to level quickly but it's hard. I just stumbled across into level 96 on my bear (at i545) because I got caught up in a really cool questline, so I can't tank the first run for our guild's fresh 90's anymore, boo. Time to bring another tank over to Draenor. I am in a very casual guild with only about 10 active players. We're all either middle aged or old so we goof around after work or on the weekends.

listopencil 11-23-2014 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11138199)
This is awesome.

I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Silock 11-23-2014 03:05 AM

I'm just PvP'ing constantly. It's a lot better now.

Valiant 11-23-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11138221)
I am deliberately trying not to level quickly but it's hard. I just stumbled across into level 96 on my bear (at i545) because I got caught up in a really cool questline, so I can't tank the first run for our guild's fresh 90's anymore, boo. Time to bring another tank over to Draenor. I am in a very casual guild with only about 10 active players. We're all either middle aged or old so we goof around after work or on the weekends.

Why cant you tank it? Are you killing the mobs to quickly?

ToxSocks 11-24-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11138229)
I'm just PvP'ing constantly. It's a lot better now.

I did TM vs Southshore last night. Its fun when you pick fights around the perimeter. Not so fun if you're tangled in the zerg mess.

We did that Molten Core LFR as a guild last night. 30 of us Q'd up for the LFR, we cleared it in about 45 mins, which was nice considering a lot people were crying in trade chat about it taking several hours. It felt like a much easier version of the old MC. They didn't change a damn thing, which was cool.

We've also been running 5-man Challenge Mode daily groups. You get a spiffy 640ilvl Epic for completing it and you don't have to worry about the timer either.

I have to say though, it's easily the most difficult 5-man content i've ever done in this game. The CM dungeons are tuned insanely tight. The healers and tanks are under heavy duress the entire time, the trash can sometimes be more complicated than the bosses. The DPS has to be on point too. It really is an intense challenge.

It's not uncommon to spend up to 4 hours in a single CM dungeon. But, we have to be ready to clear Heroic Raid bosses the 1st night it opens....so we kinda have to do it lol.

The Franchise 11-24-2014 02:56 PM

I never would have expected some of you guys to be into WoW.