ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs First pick all tied up? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268043)

luv 12-26-2012 09:10 AM

First pick all tied up?

We either need to lose or Jacksonville needs to win in order for us to have the first pick of the draft. I'm pretty sure we have a great chance of losing to Denver, but in the event a miracle happens, do you think Jacksonville stands a chance against Tennessee? Or do we have this thing all tied up?

Let's say we win and Jacksonville loses. Do you think they'd trade with the Jets for Tebow? If so, do you think they'd give up the first pick? Jets are pretty much in need of a QB too. Lot of teams in need, and so little to pick from this year.

007 12-26-2012 09:12 AM

Yes, Jax can beat Tenn.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-26-2012 09:13 AM

We aren't winning. However, if Jax is smart, they know they don't need to trade with NY for Tebow, the Jets obviously aren't interested in keeping him. I also think they can beat the Titans, and I don't think we have a chance against a Broncos team that has tons to play for on Sunday and has won 10 someodd games in a row.

Dave Lane 12-26-2012 09:14 AM

No one will give more than a 7th for Tebow if that.

luv 12-26-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9241404)
We aren't winning. However, if Jax is smart, they know they don't need to trade with NY for Tebow, the Jets obviously aren't interested in keeping him. I also think they can beat the Titans, and I don't think we have a chance against a Broncos team that has tons to play for on Sunday and has won 10 someodd games in a row.

Yeah, thought a little more about that. Tebow isn't worth a high draft pick. I wonder if the Jets would try for it anyway.

Anyway, I think we've got this tied up. I'd ask for opinions on what we do with that pick, but there are plenty of other threads on that subject.

DaKCMan AP 12-26-2012 09:17 AM

With a red (and yellow) Bowe.

Rasputin 12-26-2012 09:17 AM

First we need to secure the top pick with a loss. If Jags end up with it they are in total control and we would have to see what they do with it. They will not trade less than a fourth for Tebow. He is pretty much just going be in the mix with who they draft at qb if they take Geno with the top pick I am going be PISSED.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-26-2012 09:19 AM

We lose. We get #1

We win. We get #2

If Jacksonville wins we get #1.

007 12-26-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9241411)
First we need to secure the top pick with a loss. If Jags end up with it they are in total control and we would have to see what they do with it. They will not trade less than a fourth for Tebow. He is pretty much just going be in the mix with who they draft at qb if they take Geno with the top pick I am going be PISSED.

Everyone is still assuming the Chiefs will even draft Geno. Thats what I'm worried about.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-26-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9241408)
Yeah, thought a little more about that. Tebow isn't worth a high draft pick. I wonder if the Jets would try for it anyway.

Anyway, I think we've got this tied up. I'd ask for opinions on what we do with that pick, but there are plenty of other threads on that subject.

Whoever our next GM deems as the best QB in the draft is who I believe we should draft. Everyone else however will say "Geno Smith or **** this team with an AIDS fork". And while he's my top choice as well, I'll trust our next GM to nail that one down.

Codered 12-26-2012 09:25 AM

The Jags have a chance ... However, I have a feeling both the Jags and the Chiefs will be sitting at the end of the year with two wins.

Rasputin 12-26-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9241418)
Everyone is still assuming the Chiefs will even draft Geno. Thats what I'm worried about.

Personally I am expecting to be pissed that we pass on Geno Smith. I am just expressing my desire to get him with our top pick & do what I can in hopes that the word gets out Geno is worth the top pick of the draft for Kansas City Chiefs.

oldman 12-26-2012 09:42 AM

I think Tebow is going to Jax, but they're not going to give up the #1 or 2 pick to the Jets for him.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9241420)
Whoever our next GM deems as the best QB in the draft is who I believe we should draft. Everyone else however will say "Geno Smith or **** this team with an AIDS fork". And while he's my top choice as well, I'll trust our next GM to nail that one down.

For me to remain a fan, we MUST take a QB.

I would prefer it to be Geno Smith, but that part is negotiable.

Taking a QB is not.

splatbass 12-26-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241479)

Taking a QB is not.

I'm sure the new GM will take your thoughts into consideration.

threebag 12-26-2012 10:20 AM

I think you take a shot at a couple of quarterbacks in the draft. With the position they will be selecting in you might find a gem. I am not a big fan of the reach this organizations drafts are built on but I am a big fan of BPA.

The Franchise 12-26-2012 10:20 AM

The Jags have a better chance of beating the Titans.....than we do of beating the Broncos.

ChiliConCarnage 12-26-2012 10:22 AM

If we win the top pick by tie-breaker do we retain the top pick of every round or does it flip back and forth? Will we have the first pick of the 2nd round as well?

Mr. Laz 12-26-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9241562)
If we win the top pick by tie-breaker do we retain the top pick of every round or does it flip back and forth? Will we have the first pick of the 2nd round as well?

no, if it's tied then we will flip-flop

The jags get the 1st pick of the 2nd round :cuss:

The Franchise 12-26-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9241562)

If we tie......we flip flop every other round.

1st - Chiefs
2nd - Jags
3rd - Chiefs
4th - Jags
etc.

luv 12-26-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9241563)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9241564)

1st - Chiefs
2nd - Jags
3rd - Chiefs
4th - Jags
etc.

Isn't the NFL draft a snake draft?

Reaper16 12-26-2012 10:27 AM

That was a good delete, luv.

luv 12-26-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9241569)
That was a good delete, luv.

LMAO Thanks.

I always thought that was how the draft worked. Is it really the same order every round with the exception of trades?

ChiliConCarnage 12-26-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9241563)

damn. well, the Titans lost by 100 or so last weekend so we have some hope of an outright number 1

Mr. Laz 12-26-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9241568)
Isn't the NFL draft a snake draft?

nope

last goes first in every round, except for ties who flip-flop

Mr. Laz 12-26-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9241574)
damn. well, the Titans lost by 100 or so last weekend so we have some hope of an outright number 1

Jags have a decent chance to win against the Titans

as for us, i hope we lose to Denver by a single point and leave Manning with a severely bruised vagina. He can't play in the 1st game of playoff and Denver loses by 80 pts.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-26-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9241571)
LMAO Thanks.

I always thought that was how the draft worked. Is it really the same order every round with the exception of trades?

ROFL Your last lesson, padowan. Same order. Every round.

mikey23545 12-26-2012 10:48 AM

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7...rewarebust.jpg

.................Geno Smith

luv 12-26-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9241575)
nope

last goes first in every round, except for ties who flip-flop

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9241582)
ROFL Your last lesson, padowan. Same order. Every round.

See? I learned something today. :)

ptlyon 12-26-2012 10:52 AM

Remember when playoff time & scenarios were fun???

Deberg_1990 12-26-2012 11:02 AM

We are even safe if the Chiefs and Jax both win. No team has three losses. Next worse is 4 losses.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9241611)
Remember when playoff time & scenarios were fun???

This is more fun than any playoff scenario we've had in the last 10 years. Maybe even longer if you felt like many of us did that 2003 was smoke and mirrors.

Saul Good 12-26-2012 11:19 AM

Jax is only a 4 point dog. Denver is favored by 16.

Mr. Laz 12-26-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9241631)
We are even safe if the Chiefs and Jax both win. No team has three losses. Next worse is 4 losses.

yea, we have the 1st or 2nd pick

the only thing left is who gets the 1st and/or will we end up tied and deal with flip-flop.

If we lose ... we get the 1st
If the jags win ... we get the 1st
If we both win or both lose ... the we get 1st (via tiebreak) but flip-flop each rd
If we win and the jags lose ... the jags get the 1st

warpaint* 12-26-2012 11:33 AM

In terms of a sports I am a worry worm by nature and the prospect of winning this game isn't remotely near being on my radar. Denver will smoke us. Pioli will be jettisoned thereafter and we will draft a qb. At this point it is a fait accompli.

wazu 12-26-2012 11:38 AM

Just now noticing that Jacksonville plays before we do. Would be nice to lock up #1 overall without having to yell and scream at Jamaal Charles to stop being so damn awesome.

luv 12-26-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9241707)
Just now noticing that Jacksonville plays before we do. Would be nice to lock up #1 overall without having to yell and scream at Jamaal Charles to stop being so damn awesome.

I'm definitely rooting for Jacksonville this weekend.

ptlyon 12-26-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9241713)

And denver. And thats tough to say.

luv 12-26-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9241725)

Nope. I figure we'll lose without me having to root for Denver.

wazu 12-26-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9241725)

If Jacksonville wins the early game, I'm rooting for KC. Which I'm sure will matter a lot.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9241742)
Nope. I figure we'll lose without me having to root for Denver.

Pretty much. :D

ptlyon 12-26-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9241746)
If Jacksonville wins the early game, I'm rooting for KC. Which I'm sure will matter a lot.

I'm rooting for Houston to rip Mannings head off either way

htismaqe 12-26-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9241746)

So a tie is fine with you?

Picking second on Day 2 of the draft is okay with you?

Mr. Flopnuts 12-26-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241662)
This is more fun than any playoff scenario we've had in the last 10 years. Maybe even longer if you felt like many of us did that 2003 was smoke and mirrors.

I knew it was smoke and mirrors after the Cincy game, but they sure had me fooled up until that point. That was still the most fun I've had during an NFL season since 98.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-26-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241756)

Honestly, yeah. It sucks losing 1 spot in the 2nd round, but I don't give a flying **** about the 4th or the 6th. I would sacrifice 1 slot in the 2nd round to possibly cost those ****ers home field, or a bye in the first round. I despise them, and the Raiders. I'm rooting for the Raiders to win to **** their draft slot up. That's the way I was raised, and I revel in it on Sunday's. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it.

wazu 12-26-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241756)

Yes, I could live with that. One pick different in rounds 2, 4, and 6 isn't enough to cause me to not enjoy a KC win in Denver that potentially screws their playoff home field options.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9241761)
I knew it was smoke and mirrors after the Cincy game, but they sure had me fooled up until that point. That was still the most fun I've had during an NFL season since 98.

I remember posting it after the Green Bay game, or maybe it was right before the Green Bay game.

We had a long discussion that season about Super Bowl defenses and the fact that the 1998 Broncos and 1999 Rams weren't defensive juggernauts.

I posted a thread about the Rams and their defensive yards per rush and how that compared to the Chiefs. Pretty much knew at that point they couldn't win it all...

Ebolapox 12-26-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9241713)

yep, it'll be nice to pick before them in the snake draft.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9241768)
Yes, I could live with that. One pick different in rounds 2, 4, and 6 isn't enough to cause me to not enjoy a KC win in Denver that potentially screws their playoff home field options.

The 2nd round starts on its own day.

Having the first pick in the 2nd round gives you a full 12 hours to get ready for that pick.

As for Denver, do you REALLY think homefield matters THAT much, especially when they have Peyton Manning?

htismaqe 12-26-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9241767)
Honestly, yeah. It sucks losing 1 spot in the 2nd round, but I don't give a flying **** about the 4th or the 6th. I would sacrifice 1 slot in the 2nd round to possibly cost those ****ers home field, or a bye in the first round. I despise them, and the Raiders. I'm rooting for the Raiders to win to **** their draft slot up. That's the way I was raised, and I revel in it on Sunday's. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it.

As Peter King said, Super Bowl winners are 12-0 on the road.

Homefield is virtually meaningless. I can understand not wanting to see the Broncos win a Super Bowl but them getting homefield advantage or not is COMPLETELY irrelevant as to whether or not they will.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-26-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241769)
I remember posting it after the Green Bay game, or maybe it was right before the Green Bay game.

We had a long discussion that season about Super Bowl defenses and the fact that the 1998 Broncos and 1999 Rams weren't defensive juggernauts.

I posted a thread about the Rams and their defensive yards per rush and how that compared to the Chiefs. Pretty much knew at that point they couldn't win it all...

I wasn't around here at the time, but I told my cousin (who is a diehard just doesn't post here) that our defense was exposed and we would lose more games before the playoffs, and would probably be one and done all over again if we faced Manning, and sure as shit we did. He thought I was full of shit, but he's a homer to the 9th degree.

wazu 12-26-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241775)
The 2nd round starts on its own day.

Having the first pick in the 2nd round gives you a full 12 hours to get ready for that pick.

As for Denver, do you REALLY think homefield matters THAT much, especially when they have Peyton Manning?

Okay, the second round starting on a new day I was not aware of, so that might sway me.

As for Peyton, though - YES. I had him on my fantasy team. He is much, much better at home.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-26-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241776)
As Peter King said, Super Bowl winners are 12-0 on the road.

Homefield is virtually meaningless. I can understand not wanting to see the Broncos win a Super Bowl but them getting homefield advantage or not is COMPLETELY irrelevant as to whether or not they will.

At the end of the day, there are bragging rights to knocking them out of that slot, and ending a long winning streak. However, that being said, I still think I want them to lose, but it's not draft order nearly as much as hanging a big fat ****ing lose sign on Scott Pioli's head as he packs his shit and gets the **** out of the building.

I ain't even mad at Romeo. I don't blame him 1 bit for this shitfest, because I think he's the foot shuffling porter that Todd Haley refused to be. No big deal. Nice little retirement package for the guy, and I don't think a reasonable person could blame him for taking it.

Scott Pioli however, can die in a ****ing fire for what he's done to this franchise. The executive of the decade wasted almost a half a decade of my fandom. **** him. Lose out, and look like a ****ing clown before you go, ****ing shitsack.

The Franchise 12-26-2012 12:07 PM

I'll be rooting for Jacksonville in the early game and then laughing while Denver completely rapes us in the afternoon game.

I want that top pick in every round.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 12:11 PM

It's going to be a REAL kick in the nuts when we have to go to tiebreaker with Jacksonville, get the 2nd pick in the 2nd round and then Denver goes on the road in the playoffs and torches everybody.

Denver, with a win Sunday, will be 13-3.

If you're truly interested in the Broncos NOT winning the Super Bowl, YOU SHOULD WANT THEM TO WIN SUNDAY.

Since 1995, 13-3 AFC teams are 4-10 in that first home game after the bye. Only the 1999 Tennessee Titans and 2011 New England Patriots advanced all the way to the Super Bowl. Both of them lost in the Super Bowl.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-26-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241790)
It's going to be a REAL kick in the nuts when we have to go to tiebreaker with Jacksonville, get the 2nd pick in the 2nd round and then Denver goes on the road in the playoffs and torches everybody.

Denver, with a win Sunday, will be 13-3.

If you're truly interested in the Broncos NOT winning the Super Bowl, YOU SHOULD WANT THEM TO WIN SUNDAY.

Since 1995, 13-3 AFC teams are 4-10 in that first home game after the bye. Only the 1999 Tennessee Titans and 2011 New England Patriots advanced all the way to the Super Bowl. Both of them lost in the Super Bowl.

Oh, ****. GO BRONCOS!!!! GO JAGS!!!! Done deal for me. LMAO Thanks htis.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 12:13 PM

FYI, Peyton Manning played in a dome in Indy. He had a career winning percentage at home of like 80%.

Indy, with Manning, finished 13-3 twice. Their record in those 2 home playoff games? 0-2.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-26-2012 01:35 PM

It's in the bag. The league will make sure of it even if Charles goes apeshit.

whoman69 12-26-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241479)

Taking a QB is not.

There is no other option. You can't go into the year setting up a competition between Quinn and a 3rd round pick who may or may not be ready.

Ugly Duck 12-26-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9241415)
We lose. We get #1

We win. We get #2

If Jacksonville wins we get #1.

Dang... the AFCW is such a mess.

Chiefsfans rooting for a loss to get the #1 pick.

Rayderfanz rooting for a loss to get the #3 pick.

Even the Charger board has fans rooting for a loss saying, "If we lose we can get as high as #6! A win puts us between #10 & #13.... GO RAIDERS!!"

Chargers will be out there trying to suck, Raiders will play Pryor trying to suck, Chiefs won't even have to try to suck against the Denver Mannings. We AFCW fans should all wear bags this week...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ticleLarge.jpg

Bewbies 12-26-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9242027)
Dang... the AFCW is such a mess.

Chiefsfans rooting for a loss to get the #1 pick.

Rayderfanz rooting for a loss to get the #3 pick.

Even the Charger board has fans rooting for a loss saying, "If we lose we can get as high as #6! A win puts us between #10 & #13.... GO RAIDERS!!"

Chargers will be out there trying to suck, Raiders will play Pryor trying to suck, Chiefs won't even have to try to suck against the Denver Mannings. We AFCW fans should all wear bags this week...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ticleLarge.jpg

I can't ****ing wait for this division to be worth a shit again. When we're all good it's a lot of fun, this rooting for higher picks and for our rivals to whip our asses sucks shit.

That being said, GO BRONCOS!! (this week, in the playoffs you can suck a fat one)

luv 12-26-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9242039)
I can't ****ing wait for this division to be worth a shit again. When we're all good it's a lot of fun, this rooting for higher picks and for our rivals to whip our asses sucks shit.

That being said, GO BRONCOS!! (this week, in the playoffs you can suck a fat one)

Even the NFC West has a few contenders now.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9242086)
Even the NFC West has a few contenders now.

A few? St. Louis is a .500 team and there's 2 legit SB contenders in SF and Seattle.

luv 12-26-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9242118)
A few? St. Louis is a .500 team and there's 2 legit SB contenders in SF and Seattle.

Ah, I wasn't counting St. Louis.

JoeyChuckles 12-26-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9241564)

So we'll be Romneying?

Ba-zing.

NJChiefsFan 12-26-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

I pretty much feel this way. There are a few QB's I will be upset about having but in the end I am going to give this GM his fair shot. That being said, not taking a QB or getting a retread one is not something I think I can take.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-26-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9241707)

ROFL

AussieChiefsFan 12-26-2012 09:32 PM

We got this

KurtCobain 12-27-2012 01:05 AM

Anybody made a luv bondage joke at the expense if the title yet?

ping2000 12-27-2012 06:32 AM

Even if the Chiefs get the first pick, ESPN will make sure they are on a commercial break when the pick is announced. When they return, they will be talking about where Tebow will be traded to.

AussieChiefsFan 12-27-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 9243322)
Even if the Chiefs get the first pick, ESPN will make sure they are on a commercial break when the pick is announced. When they return, they will be talking about where Tebow will be traded to.

This

luv 12-27-2012 09:22 AM

This has got to be the worst year to have the top pick of the draft.

Mr. Laz 12-27-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9243477)
This has got to be the worst year to have the top pick of the draft.

ewwwww ... you're in trouble.

Dave Lane 12-27-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9241785)
I'll be rooting for Jacksonville in the early game and then laughing while Denver completely rapes us in the afternoon game.

I want that top pick in every round.

Me too. At this point I feel like our rivals no longer exists. Thanks Scott!

luv 12-27-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9243491)
ewwwww ... you're in trouble.

I know everyone is big on Geno Smith, but I still don't think he's worth a first pick. First round, but not first pick. Of course, what else is available? Anyway, getting off topic. GO JAGUARS!

Mr. Laz 12-27-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9243553)
I know everyone is big on Geno Smith, but I still don't think he's worth a first pick. First round, but not first pick. Of course, what else is available? Anyway, getting off topic. GO JAGUARS!

but is Geno Smith worth it in a snake draft?

now that's the real question

:D

Hootie 12-27-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

I'm not trying to be a jerk here...but what do you know about Geno Smith?? You thought the NFL draft was a snake draft like fantasy.

Three years ago Cam Newton was a 3rd round pick at this time.

Last year RGIII was a "raw" prospect.

Geno will rise just like those two did...for some reason people still have something against the "black" QB. It's ridiculous. Geno's film is ridiculous.

Graystoke 12-27-2012 10:34 AM

I think Geno is a legit #1 pick. The media hypes this is a bad year to take #1.
All they do is hype Tim Tebow, so what do they know?

Ebolapox 12-27-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

you also didn't know that the NFL ****ing draft WASN'T a snake draft. pardon me if I don't trip all over myself freaking out about what your opinion is.

Ebolapox 12-27-2012 10:42 AM

hahaha, repost x3