ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Lets put our money where our mouth is!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268474)

O.city 01-04-2013 12:16 PM

Lets put our money where our mouth is!!

So, we demanded changes and we got them.

It's time to show we support what has went down. Alot of talk about ST's if things changed. I've seen some already are in for ST's but here is a thread for it.

Who's already got them? Who's getting them? Who's reupping?

O.city 01-04-2013 12:19 PM

Wasn't sure if i would be able to, with a new baby on the way, but it's looking like I will be able to grab 2 tickets.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 12:21 PM

A couple of people have said they called in and all the lines are busy. :D

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 12:21 PM

Great thread, I was thinking about starting it myself.

As I posted in another thread, I'm in. Just got off the phone with Arrowhead a while ago, bought 2 seats.

Section 333 - Row 2.

I can give some information to folks considering Season Tickets - Billay asked what was available - here is my repsonse:

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9280277)
A ****ton.

Everything is on the ends, though. They won't sell anything on the sidelines - upper or lower level - any open sideline seats are being held for the Upgrade program in March/April.

I only asked for information on the West end of the stadium - it's much easier for me to get out of the lot after the game and back on I-70 quickly heading back to STL.

Here's an example of what is out there:

$800 per seat:

S 124/R 38
S 125/R 29
S 131/R 10
S 132/R 16

$690 per seat:

S 126/R 15
S 129/R 11

I didn't ask much past that, I really wasn't interested in spending the extra cash. I really enjoy the lower rows of the upper level, especially from the end zones. As close as you can get to the coaches tape view.

For $540 per seat, there are seats ranging from row 2-4 in nearly every section in the upper level on that West end. Sections 332-339.

My original seats were in 333/9. Back in 2004, they were $790 per seat for the season. Now $540. Best value in the building, IMO.

Get it done, folks. Put your money where your mouth is. Clark has done his part, now it's up to us to fill Arrowhead and regain one of the best HFA's in the NFL.

DJ's left nut 01-04-2013 12:21 PM

Already had 'em.

Looks like we won't be able to move up with all the excitement over the Reid hire. I figured they'd fire Pioli and replace him with a coordinator and the fans would be pleased, but not elated so we'd get to move up a few rows and maybe over one section (which would put us at the 50). But oh well - our seats are pretty good as is.

ChiefMojo 01-04-2013 12:21 PM

I'm seriously considering buying them. I haven't bought season tickets in about three years.

Strongside 01-04-2013 12:22 PM

I haven't looked into prices yet, but I think my brother and I are going to split a set.

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9280381)
Already had 'em.

Looks like we won't be able to move up with all the excitement over the Reid hire. I figured they'd fire Pioli and replace him with a coordinator and the fans would be pleased, but not elated so we'd get to move up a few rows and maybe over one section (which would put us at the 50). But oh well - our seats are pretty good as is.

Yeah, that's what made the decision a bit tough for me regarding location/row. I knew that I wouldn't be moving for a while.

Rasputin 01-04-2013 12:25 PM

I want to see what we do with the quarterback before I get too excited about our future.

ArrowheadMagic 01-04-2013 12:25 PM

No problem with re upping now. lol.. just wont be able to move. But 325 has great views.

ChiefsCountry 01-04-2013 12:26 PM

Already have them, makes the decision to renew a hell lot easier.

DTLB58 01-04-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9280408)
I want to see what we do with the quarterback before I get too excited about our future.

Yup, Cassel must be off this roster first.

Lets see what the new coaches do with the roster first.

WildTurkey 01-04-2013 12:27 PM

I was hoping to move down to the lower level this year. But I'll stick with good old 341 row 3 if it means arrowhead is back

DaKCMan AP 01-04-2013 12:27 PM

If someone wants to provide me with the use of an all-expenses-paid charter jet to fly to and from each game I'll buy season tickets AND tickets to every away game!

Otherwise, no.

DJ's left nut 01-04-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9280398)
Yeah, that's what made the decision a bit tough for me regarding location/row. I knew that I wouldn't be moving for a while.

I'd love to sit on the sunny side and thought about making the switch this season, but with Reid around and the coaches he may be bringing in with him, I don't think I want to leave the Chiefs sideline for the time being.

ChiTown 01-04-2013 12:28 PM

We'll re-up. Was going to wait and see on some other things, but We've seen more than enough to keep spending our money at Arrowhead.

Chief Roundup 01-04-2013 12:29 PM

Being a student I don't have the jack for season tickets. But I will buy an authentic Jersey of the QB we draft 1st overall.

ChiefsCountry 01-04-2013 12:29 PM

I like the sunny side of the stadium. It makes those cold weather games better. It sure as hell throws you a loop watching the replays on tv though.

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

After all this, if you're legitimately concerned that Cassel or Quinn will be the starter in 2013, you haven't been paying attention.

I can trust that AR knows what he is doing and secure GREAT seats today, or I can continue to act as if my bad girlfriend cheated on me again and get stuck with seats I need a sherpa and a mountain goat to get to.

My decision was easy.

DJ's left nut 01-04-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Why?

Here's where I am now on the QB issue - I love Geno and have from the start. That said, I know less about quarterbacks than Andy Reid. So do you. So does everyone else around here. Andy Reid is one of the few guys in the league that can claim any kind of QB 'Guru' status. Moreoever, if John Dorsey comes in here, his QB track record more than speaks for itself.

At that point - I'll defer to whatever they do. If Reid and Dorsey beleive that Geno isn't worth the #1 overall, I have to respect that.

Otherwise you're just trying to be a proxy GM. Hunt has done his job - he's listened to the fans and gone after 2 guys that are more likely to get a QB on this roster than any other duo out there.

Monty 01-04-2013 12:30 PM

I am officially on board and will renew my tix. I am on row 2, section 131, so was really hoping that something would get done. I worked for a number of years to get those tix. Sure, the QB situation is still open, but considering the events of the last few days, I think that will be addressed soon enough.

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9280435)
Being a student I don't have the jack for season tickets. But I will buy an authentic Jersey of the QB we draft 1st overall.

Hell, you can buy one ticket for what an authentic would cost.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9280447)
If Reid and Dorsey beleive that Geno isn't worth the #1 overall, I have to respect that.

Same here.

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9280439)
I like the sunny side of the stadium. It makes those cold weather games better. It sure as hell throws you a loop watching the replays on tv though.

I enjoy getting the sun, but depending on where you are in the stadium, it's a bitch looking directly into it.

O.city 01-04-2013 12:36 PM

Heh, just found out that one of the faculty members here at school has a luxury box and I've become pretty close to him this year, so..........I might be sittin pretty good.

burt 01-04-2013 12:36 PM

I am in on ST....but won't be able to afford til summer!

Rasputin 01-04-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9280445)
After all this, if you're legitimately concerned that Cassel or Quinn will be the starter in 2013, you haven't been paying attention.

I can trust that AR knows what he is doing and secure GREAT seats today, or I can continue to act as if my bad girlfriend cheated on me again and get stuck with seats I need a sherpa and a mountain goat to get to.

My decision was easy.

I am legitimately concerned we get yet another retread QB aka Alex **** or anyone else to start the season other than a top pick of the draft aka Geno Smith.

I have hope and am excited today that we have a coach that would take a QB in the draft with our pick just got to see it to believe it. We arn't out of the woods yet. Today is a great day to be a Chiefs fan I just want to believe in a future QB from the draft.

Chief Roundup 01-04-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9280455)

Not when you figure in that I live 5 1/2 hours away.
I will bring my son to a game at Arrowhead this year and get an authentic jersey, it might not be the QB if it is Barkley and whatever my son might want.
Which I know will be expensive in and of itself.

O.city 01-04-2013 12:40 PM

Would be my first purchase of ST"s someone explain the process to me?

teedubya 01-04-2013 12:42 PM

<-- New Season Ticket Holder

Just exercising my right to be a fan.

ChiefsCountry 01-04-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9280492)

Pick your seats. Pick your payment option. Profit.

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9280492)

Call the ticket office.

Tell them you'd like to get information regarding the purchase of ST's.

Decide what part of the stadium/price range you want to be in, the rep will go section by section if you like, telling you what is available.

Decide on seats.

The Chiefs require a $100 per seat deposit. Pay that, they'll create an account, and you're done.

ChiefsCountry 01-04-2013 12:43 PM

By the way the $540 tickets are the best buy in the stadium IMO.

KurtCobain 01-04-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9280455)

What's the cheapest nosebleeds run? and can you buy a single seat, or do you have to buy them in pairs when ordering ST?

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9280516)
What's the cheapest nosebleeds run? and can you buy a single seat, or do you have to buy them in pairs when ordering ST?

$290 per seat, IIRC.

Don't see any reason why they wouldn't sell a single.

Old Dog 01-04-2013 12:49 PM

Had them for a good while and then didn't renew in 2011. Just picked up four for 2013

htismaqe 01-04-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9280501)
Tell them in light of recent events, you'd like to get information regarding the purchase of ST's.

FYP.

O.city 01-04-2013 12:51 PM

Got the ok from the wife, gonna call when I get home from school/work.

Anyone gonna make the trip to TC in ST Joe this year? We should get a little CP gathering together.

Bones 01-04-2013 12:52 PM

Not close enough for season tix.

I just ordered 167.00 worth of clothes/glasses/mugs from kcchiefs.com though.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9280485)
I am legitimately concerned we get yet another retread QB aka Alex **** or anyone else to start the season other than a top pick of the draft aka Geno Smith.

I have hope and am excited today that we have a coach that would take a QB in the draft with our pick just got to see it to believe it. We arn't out of the woods yet. Today is a great day to be a Chiefs fan I just want to believe in a future QB from the draft.

If we get Alex instead Geno Smith, it's because Andy Reid thinks he's better.

I don't think there's a chance in hell it happens, but Andy Reid is one of the few QB-centered coaches out there.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9280548)

Anyone gonna make the trip to TC in ST Joe this year? We should get a little CP gathering together.

Yes.

But my 12-year old daughter wants to go, so you guys can't be stupid dirty ****ers...

BossChief 01-04-2013 12:55 PM

Anybody want to get some seats as a block?

The agent I spoke to has 8 seats held for the next two hours 321 row 12 780 per seat...100 deposit per seat (that gets applied to the cost of the tickets) and the remainder can be broken up in 2,4 or 6 payments. Taken out on the 15th of each month starting February 15.

KurtCobain 01-04-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9280524)
$290 per seat, IIRC.

Don't see any reason why they wouldn't sell a single.

Holy **** they're under 300? And st come with preseason, right? I might just become a sth, this could be badass, thanks for the info.

Brock 01-04-2013 12:56 PM

I'm wearing my Chiefs shirt for the first time in a year or two. Baby steps.

BossChief 01-04-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9280556)
Yes.

But my 12-year old daughter wants to go, so you guys can't be stupid dirty ****ers...

Same here. My son is 8 and I don't want him around some jerks.

okcchief 01-04-2013 12:58 PM

If I still lived in KC I would get them, but I will go to a few games and start buying gear again.

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9280547)
FYP.

Oh, my rep knew.

He's been calling/emailing me off and on for the last 4 years trying to get me to come back. Always told him that we'd be in touch when this regime was removed.

I said, "good morning, this is OTW58, I'd like to discuss purchasing a pair of season tickets."

I swear, the first thing out of his mouth - "Oh yeah, from STL. How are you?"

That was ****ing unreal to me, considering I hadn't talked to this guy in at least 18 months.

Not everyone at Arrowhead is a complete slapdick.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9280568)
Same here. My son is 8 and I don't want him around some jerks.

Well that sucks, I guess I can't come then. :D

O.city 01-04-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9280561)
Anybody want to get some seats as a block?

The agent I spoke to has 8 seats held for the next two hours 321 row 12 780 per seat...100 deposit per seat (that gets applied to the cost of the tickets) and the remainder can be broken up in 2,4 or 6 payments. Taken out on the 15th of each month starting February 15.

I might be interested, if thats cool.

Lemme talk to the wife.

teedubya 01-04-2013 12:59 PM

I told the guy on the phone that I was the guy the Chiefs told to get a clue, and now I'm buying season tickets due to firing of Pioli and hiring Andy Reid.

He said "Whoa."

That guy will have an interesting story to tell at the season ticket offices. LOL

htismaqe 01-04-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9280582)
Oh, my rep knew.

He's been calling/emailing me off and on for the last 4 years trying to get me to come back. Always told him that we'd be in touch when this regime was removed.

I said, "good morning, this is OTW58, I'd like to discuss purchasing a pair of season tickets."

That was ****ing unreal to me, considering I hadn't talked to this guy in at least 18 months.

Holy ****ing shit that is COOL.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9280591)
I told the guy on the phone that I was the guy the Chiefs told to get a clue, and now I'm buying season tickets due to firing of Pioli and hiring Andy Reid.

He said "Whoa."

That guy will have an interesting story to tell at the season ticket offices. LOL

ROFLROFLROFL

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9280548)

Not interested. River Falls was awesome for TC.

St Joe, not so much.

Prison Bitch 01-04-2013 01:00 PM

Still paying off the money i wasted on this franchise the past 4 years.

DJ's left nut 01-04-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9280554)
If we get Alex instead Geno Smith, it's because Andy Reid thinks he's better.

I don't think there's a chance in hell it happens, but Andy Reid is one of the few QB-centered coaches out there.

Exactly.

If Reid thinks that Smith is the way to go, I'll grudgingly accept it, support it and allow him to prove me wrong. Especially if we get Dorsey in here as well.

Those guys have some legitimately elite QB bonafides.

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

He said "Whoa."

LMAO

BossChief 01-04-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9280582)
Oh, my rep knew.

When I called, I waited on hold for around 15 minutes and went to a voicemail...I didn't leave one, but 10 minutes later a rep called me and was like "well Paul, it looks like you saw today's announcement and you know what that means at quarterback. Want me to let you know where the best seats are in the range we looked at last time?"

I couldn't believe they had that much info tagged to my phone number.

Carlota69 01-04-2013 01:03 PM

I'll buy merchandise, which is something I havent done in 3 years. Being in Vegas, ST would be a stretch for me, but a new jersey? Im in!!!!:clap:

BossChief 01-04-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9280590)
I might be interested, if thats cool.

Lemme talk to the wife.

I am gonna get 2, for sure. 1 for me and one for the kid.

He offered to hold the other 6 so if a few of us want to sit together, we can...maybe even save money on parking by meeting up and going to the stadium in one vehicle.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9280601)
Exactly.

If Reid thinks that Smith is the way to go, I'll grudgingly accept it, support it and allow him to prove me wrong. Especially if we get Dorsey in here as well.

Those guys have some legitimately elite QB bonafides.

Dorsey is the nail for me.

If they take a guy like Barkley later, I have to trust him. He identified Aaron Rodgers.

SAUTO 01-04-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9280556)
Yes.

me too, my seven year old daughter LOVES to go.

actually she called me this morning to tell me she heard pioli was fired. LOL

i love that kid

htismaqe 01-04-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9280605)
When I called, I waited on hold for around 15 minutes and went to a voicemail...I didn't leave one, but 10 minutes later a rep called me and was like "well Paul, it looks like you saw today's announcement and you know what that means at quarterback. Want me to let you know where the best seats are in the range we looked at last time?"

I couldn't believe they had that much info tagged to my phone number.

Just awesome.

Bearcat 01-04-2013 01:07 PM

I was thinking about this last night... kind of got excited thinking about buying season tickets or at least going to a few games.... then I realized how little it takes to go from never setting foot inside of Arrowhead to wanting to spend a few hundred on them.

Made me wonder if there's a thread like this after Carl left of after Pioli came on board and Herm was fired. Not to be Debbie Downer... just goes to show how desperate we are for a winner thanks to years and years of suck. We pour hundreds or thousands of dollars into a product before seeing any results, spend decades disappointed at the results, then willingly jump at the chance to spend even more when a change is made, but before seeing any actual improvement.

Ok, that sounds more like Denise Downer... but seriously, major props to Hunt for being so aggressive with fixing this mess.

BossChief 01-04-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9280620)
Dorsey is the nail for me.

If they take a guy like Barkley later, I have to trust him. He identified Aaron Rodgers.

And Reid identified the only good QB in the 1999 class where a bunch of qbs went in the first and busted.

Mr. Arrowhead 01-04-2013 01:11 PM

If I lived in KC, i would be paying season tickets today, but living 3 hours away it makes it tough to get up there 8 times in a year. The tickets are the cheap part, when you add in food and gas it get pretty expensive

KCSPORTSNUT 01-04-2013 01:11 PM

I live in St Joe if anyone needs info or help coming up for camp

BossChief 01-04-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9280626)
Just awesome.

You live in Des Moines, right?

I come through there on the way to kc and have plenty of room to pick up 2 on the way there....glad to do that if you want to get tickets in the same row.

BossChief 01-04-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 9280641)
If I lived in KC, i would be paying season tickets today, but living 3 hours away it makes it tough to get up there 8 times in a year. The tickets are the cheap part, when you add in food and gas it get pretty expensive

I drive double that. This is about to be a wild ride and I can assure you good season tickets won't be available this time next year...the tickets you don't use will be able to be sold to recoup costs, too. Hopefully, anyway.

Monty 01-04-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

He said "Whoa."

His choice to tell the story... :-)

ChiefsCountry 01-04-2013 01:16 PM

I know they keep records of who uses their tickets every game, us stupid ****ers who went to every game under the bastard Pioli should be getting something. :)

teedubya 01-04-2013 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hah... the Chiefs unblocked me on Twitter... and just followed me. :-D

LMAO

Old Dog 01-04-2013 01:21 PM

Ticket rep said they've been pretty busy today.....go figure

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9280684)

LMAO

ROFL

bowener 01-04-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Proof the hand of Satan over micromanaged everything. The instant his ass is out the door, his policies of bullshit turned to ash and song birds sang.

ReynardMuldrake 01-04-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

LMAO

That's pretty kick ass. Use your new powers for good!

htismaqe 01-04-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9280622)
me too, my seven year old daughter LOVES to go.

actually she called me this morning to tell me she heard pioli was fired. LOL

i love that kid

I can't wait to tell my daughter tonight when she gets home. She asks me every day if he's been fired. :D

Radar Chief 01-04-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 9280641)

In the same boat.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9280642)
You live in Des Moines, right?

I come through there on the way to kc and have plenty of room to pick up 2 on the way there....glad to do that if you want to get tickets in the same row.

I will probably opt for single game tickets...fall is usually really busy for us. I will let you know.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9280634)
And Reid identified the only good QB in the 1999 class where a bunch of qbs went in the first and busted.

He definitely identified the best one but I wouldn't say there were all busts - Dante Culpepper wasn't bad.

whoman69 01-04-2013 01:38 PM

The job isn't done until we draft a first round QB.