ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why do we have to deal with Adam Teicher? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269735)

saphojunkie 02-05-2013 07:47 PM

Why do we have to deal with Adam Teicher?

This is a simple question.

I know that there are many others on this board besides myself who:
  • Graduated with either an English or Journalism degree.
  • Know and follow the Kansas City Chiefs.
  • Are not knuckle-dragging mongoloids who have opinions on sports that vaguely resemble a 140 year old pile of fossilized dog shit.

So I ask you, why? Why do I have to deal with Adam Teicher as the foremost authority on Chiefs news? Why do I have absolutely no one with a press pass to Arrowhead that can actually think analytically, can accurately assess obvious situations, can do radio interviews without sounding like a WWII vet trying to take a shit, and... you know... actually watch and understand competitive sport?

Adam Troglodyte Teicher was on Soren Petro's show today. Now, I tend to give Petro the most credit of any KC radio host, which I suppose isn't saying much. But lately SP has apparently decided that he should take the turn from "objectively skeptical" toward "Blatantly Opposed" with regards to the Chiefs drafting a QB #1.

Petro had a great interview with Geno Smith over the weekend and the first thing he says about it to Teicher is that Geno "looked small." So... now we are inventing reasons why he isn't worth the pick?

But I digress.

Teicher continues talking, and I swear to god, this asshole couldn't win a single argument with a remotely knowledgeable sports fan. Petro lets him get away with galatically reeruned statements for reasons unknown.

By the end of the interview, Teicher actually REFERENCED MEL KIPER when he said that there were "only four players worth picking at #1 for the Chiefs."

They were, you guessed it:

Joeckel
Demontre Moore
Jarvis Jones

and and and...

Star Lotuleilei.

Who did Teicher say he would take out of them? Lotuleilei. Of course, this fat ****ing crusty moron said that. Why? Because...

And this is rich...

WE NEED ANOTHER DEFENSIVE LINEMAN AFTER DORSEY AND JACKSON LEAVE.

That's right.

His justification is that OUR TOP FIVE DRAFT PICK DEFENSIVE LINEMAN HAVE BUSTED, SO WE NEED ANOTHER TOP FIVE DRAFT PICK DEFENSIVE LINEMAN.

(oh and one that doesn't rush the QB).

Gee, Adam, you think maybe the reason they busted is because you shouldn't draft 5 tech defensive linemen in the top 5, because they simply will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER pay off that lofty draft position?

here's another take that Teicher could have offered:

I saw that Mel "Dipshit" Kiper said there were only four players worth drafting number one for the Chiefs - a tackle to replace the FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK currently starting at left tackle who GAVE UP ONLY ONE SACK THIS YEAR, an undersized pass rushing defensive end with a degenerative neck disease two replace ONE OF THE TWO PROBOWLERS CURRENTLY UNDER CONTRACT AND UNDER 30, another pass rusher just in case you really think Tamba Hali got lucky this year, and Star Lotuleilei, who I can't even bring myself to criticize, since he's such a ****ing piece of shit option for our draft pick.

Now, I ask you...

How is it that NO ONE ON THIS BOARD can take Teicher's job? You're telling me that SNR couldn't write for the Star? Or Sorter? (Although she might get a little confused when her gifs don't move in the morning paper).

Someone.

Please.

Rescue Kansas City from the seemingly interminable onslaught of jackassery and idiocy that is Adam Teicher - Chiefs Insider.

I mean look at this stupid face.

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profil...416692/189.jpg

That is a face badly in need of a punch.

Jerm 02-05-2013 07:51 PM

The guy is the worst sports writer in the country...he doesn't have a ****ing clue.

Sorter 02-05-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9381065)

Or Sorter? (Although she might get a little confused when her gifs don't move in the morning paper).

It would be an issue. I'd have to issue tablets to everyone in the KC area.

Or find really funny IMGs. Ugh.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-05-2013 07:58 PM

I use to hate all his negativity. Then I realized he has had to deal with the failure that is/was the KC Chiefs for decades(?). It is a wonder he has not eaten a bullet.

Ace Gunner 02-05-2013 07:59 PM

um, because this team all but chased every other reporter out of this universe?

Consistent1 02-05-2013 08:02 PM

A lot of people don't care that much for Geno...just saying. We've seen it over and over. Who knows, they have to get somebody

TribalElder 02-05-2013 08:06 PM

lol

Damn

Wumbology 02-05-2013 08:06 PM

Like my dear ol' granddad once said to me: "All those radio guys and sports analysts are a bunch of ****ing morons."

Rausch 02-05-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Who did Teicher say he would take out of them? Lotuleilei. Of course, this fat ****ing crusty moron said that. Why? Because...

And this is rich...

That's right.

His justification is that OUR TOP FIVE DRAFT PICK DEFENSIVE LINEMAN HAVE BUSTED, SO WE NEED ANOTHER TOP FIVE DRAFT PICK DEFENSIVE LINEMAN.

http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball...t=46224&inline

saphojunkie 02-05-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9381106)
A lot of people don't care that much for Geno...just saying. We've seen it over and over. Who knows, they have to get somebody

It's not about Geno. It really isn't. It is about his inability to critically think and process information.

He has never said why HE doesn't think Geno is worth it. He regurgitates information that other jackasses have spewed before him.

hometeam 02-05-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9381106)

Its not a lot of people though, its Mel Kiper (see my previous post regarding his shit ass accuracy) and friends, and then 90% of the rest of the world has Geno going #1, with plenty of FACTS and reasons why.

cabletech94 02-05-2013 08:09 PM

wait, sorter is a chick?

how you doin!

Wumbology 02-05-2013 08:09 PM

But seriously though Mel Kiper is a ****ing dumbass.

Sorter 02-05-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 9381127)
wait, sorter is a chick?

how you doin!

LMAO

Consistent1 02-05-2013 08:11 PM

This board is whipped on him. I'm not even saying it's wrong.

splatbass 02-05-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

So I ask you, why? Why do I have to deal with Adam Teicher as the foremost authority on Chiefs news? Why do I have absolutely no one with a press pass to Arrowhead that can actually think analytically, can accurately assess obvious situations, can do radio interviews without sounding like a WWII vet trying to take a shit, and... you know... actually watch and understand competitive sport?

Adam Troglodyte Teicher was on Soren Petro's show today. Now, I tend to give Petro the most credit of any KC radio host, which I suppose isn't saying much. But lately SP has apparently decided that he should take the turn from "objectively skeptical" toward "Blatantly Opposed" with regards to the Chiefs drafting a QB #1.

So what you are saying is that you can't stand to have anyone disagree with you?

Here is a tip that you apparently aren't aware of: NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO READ HIS ARTICLES. You're welcome.

Sorter 02-05-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9381146)
So what you are saying is that you can't stand to have anyone disagree with you?

Here is a tip that you apparently aren't aware of: NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO READ HIS ARTICLES. You're welcome.

I like to read the Star and I loath his articles about draft prospects. Yes, nobody has gun to my head to read them but that doesn't mean that I don't think he doesn't put much time or effort into his research about team needs and how the NFL has changed.

saphojunkie 02-05-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9381146)

Actually I love when people disagree with me. I have absolutely no problem with people disagreeing with me. And I have no problem admitting when I think I have been proven wrong or convinced of a different opinion.

As a matter of fact, here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...4&postcount=79

This was a long debate between myself and some other posters about whether or not you should trade down to #4 with the Eagles if you knew you didn't want Geno but still wanted Wilson. Ultimately, I was convinced.

So, no. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. I mind moronic half-wits who have somehow wound up as the premiere reporter for Chiefs coverage.

Dayze 02-05-2013 08:49 PM

He shouldn't even be on the radio. Dude is a stuttering idiot.

splatbass 02-05-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9381227)
Actually I love when people disagree with me. I have absolutely no problem with people disagreeing with me. And I have no problem admitting when I think I have been proven wrong or convinced of a different opinion.

As a matter of fact, here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...4&postcount=79

This was a long debate between myself and some other posters about whether or not you should trade down to #4 with the Eagles if you knew you didn't want Geno but still wanted Wilson. Ultimately, I was convinced.

So, no. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. I mind moronic half-wits who have somehow wound up as the premiere reporter for Chiefs coverage.

Well, I was really replying to this part:

Quote:

Why do I have to deal with Adam Teicher
You don't HAVE TO deal with him. Just don't read it. It really is that simple.

To put it simply, if you don't like a writer, don't read him. If you don't like a TV show turn the channel. If you don't like a radio personality change the station. If enough people do that they will go away. If not, that means others like to read/watch/listen to him/her, so just stay away. Everything doesn't have to conform to your likes/dislikes. This applies to all the people constantly whining about writers, sports radio stations, etc.

phisherman 02-05-2013 09:12 PM

The best part of this is, I sat a few cubes over from Teicher's wife for a little bit when I worked at Sprint. She was a very nice lady, but I don't really think that she liked me and Pete's conversations about his crap Chiefs coverage.

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 09:24 PM

Not being able to read the sports section of your local newspaper is having to deal with him.

splatbass 02-05-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9381352)
Not being able to read the sports section of your local newspaper is having to deal with him.

You can't read the entire sports section because of one writer? Exaggerate much?

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9381360)
You can't read the entire sports section because of one writer? Exaggerate much?

You know what I meant, but to specify, not being able to read the chiefs coverage provided by your local newspaper.

JFC

J Diddy 02-05-2013 09:39 PM

Easy answer is don't read his articles. I don't.

bowener 02-05-2013 09:40 PM

He has to lurk here somewhere. Keep busting his balls until he crawls out of hiding to defend himself in some way or another. Or just get a bunch of like minded people to attack him on twitter daily and call out his horse shit takes.

oldman 02-05-2013 09:42 PM

It's not about what he can do, it's what he won't do. Bottom line, newspaper gigs are geting harder to get, so if you're on the staff at the Star, you're not going to piss off your bread and butter. Look what happened to the last 2 that left. Unless you have a gig lined up, this is how you make your living. There's probably hundreds on KU-J grads that could do a better job, but until we see what the current Chiefs staff is like, tread lightly.

splatbass 02-05-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9381374)
You know what I meant, but to specify, not being able to read the chiefs coverage provided by your local newspaper.

JFC

Well, since I don't live in KC I don't read the KC Star at all, and my local newspaper of course doesn't carry any Chiefs news. I do just fine without it. Anything important will be posted here. Actually, everything gets posted here, important or not. I could easily ignore Teicher threads if I wanted, and still get all the Chiefs info I need (and a ton I don't).

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9381425)
Well, since I don't live in KC I don't read the KC Star at all, and my local newspaper of course doesn't carry any Chiefs news. I do just fine without it. Anything important will be posted here. Actually, everything gets posted here, important or not. I could easily ignore Teicher threads if I wanted, and still get all the Chiefs info I need (and a ton I don't).

But when someone else could be using the credentials he has to make quality articles and when those credentials and that access are being under utilized, I feel there is a legit complaint.

oldman 02-05-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9381327)
when I worked at Sprint.

Didn't everyone? LOL

patteeu 02-05-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9381121)
It's not about Geno. It really isn't. It is about his inability to critically think and process information.

He has never said why HE doesn't think Geno is worth it. He regurgitates information that other jackasses have spewed before him.

Speaking of critical thinking:

Quote:

And this is rich...

That's right.

Gee, Adam, you think maybe the reason they busted is because you shouldn't draft 5 tech defensive linemen in the top 5, because they simply will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER pay off that lofty draft position?

This has nothing to do with whether or not Dorsey or Jackson have lived up to their draft position. If they were under reasonable contracts, they'd both be back. But they're not. Dorsey is a free agent and it's not likely that the Chiefs will choose to franchise him so there's a good chance he'll find a more attractive offer. Jackson has a bonus in his contract that's designed to make the Chiefs either extend him (with a hefty dose of guaranteed money) or release him. It's not likely that the Chiefs will be able to bring both of them back so they have to decide whether a replacement already exists on the roster or whether they need to find a new body.