ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs He's a young QB, guys (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318968)

RealSNR 11-19-2018 11:26 PM

He's a young QB, guys

The guy is 23. Tom Brady was still being forced to suck Drew Bledsoe's dick at that age. Peyton Manning was throwing more INTs than TDs.

We're going to be fine. Mahomes is going to be ****ing way better than fine.

CervezaChill 11-19-2018 11:27 PM

Was that in question? Do you know what garbage this team has started before this. Relax.

Eleazar 11-19-2018 11:28 PM

He turned the ball over a ton of times tonight, and the team still put up 50.

Too bad 50 isn't enough with this defense...

TambaBerry 11-19-2018 11:29 PM

I don't think anyone is mad at mahomes

ThaVirus 11-19-2018 11:29 PM

Right.

It was a tough loss but don't forget to keep our eyes on the prize. The regular season doesn't matter. We've had regular season success with Alex. We've moved on to Mahomes because we thought he'd put us over the hump in the postseason.

We're still in the driver's seat for the #1 seed, with a QB who's proven no comeback is insurmountable, about as healthy as a team could expect to be at this point in the season, and all with a month and a half to fix some issues.

We'll be fine.

ToxSocks 11-19-2018 11:30 PM

Dude is a gunslinger. He turned the ball over a few times and was marvelous at others. He's exactly what we dreamed of. The whole team entertained the shit out of me. Kudos to the whole squad for a hell of a game. No complaints here. Onward to the SB!

InChiefsHeaven 11-19-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13905154)

It was damn near not enough for the Rams. Face it, their defense sucks as bad as ours...or, both offenses are other worldly...

CasselGotPeedOn 11-19-2018 11:30 PM

12th career start. Anyone who is seriously upset at Mahomes needs to drink antifreeze. 100% serious.

dannybcaitlyn 11-19-2018 11:31 PM

I would have turn the Tv off when the Rams were up on us 13pts if Smith was still our quarterback. We’re never out of a game with Mahomes.

RunKC 11-19-2018 11:31 PM

A game like this was bound to happen to him. I’m glad it finally did.

He’s going to get better and tonight will be a big reason why.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2018 11:31 PM

These 6 TD growing pains games are intolerable.

carcosa 11-19-2018 11:31 PM

Thank u

NJChiefsFan 11-19-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13905156)

I think some are but it's just the emotions of the moment. Made some mistakes. Gonna happen. Tons of blame to go around for this particular game. Not sure why some try to make it about one player or one thing.

MMXcalibur 11-19-2018 11:32 PM

I'm not mad at Mahomes.
He's the reason I get pumped up for Chiefs games like I was a kid again.

How can I get mad at an offense that puts up 51 points and loses? (or 44, if you want to discount the defensive TD)

After everything I've seen from him, he'll use this to grow and be better going forward.

007 11-19-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13905156)

There are a few dumbasses on here that are.

Cosmos 11-19-2018 11:32 PM

May just be my imagination, but it didn’t look like Makemes had much juice in his arm after the interception by Peters.

He threw a duck to Hunt and quail on the last interception.

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13905154)

The defense allowed 40 points. The "all star" Rams defense gave up 4 more points and 100 more yards. The difference was 3 turnovers, 2 of which ended in touchdowns.

It's okay to blame Mahomes for the loss because after all, he's the reason they lost. We don't need scapegoats.

mnchiefsguy 11-19-2018 11:32 PM

Yes, Mahomes will learn from this.

The future is bright. Will be even brighter if we can get some defense and a new DC in the offseason.

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13905180)

:clap:

Rain Man 11-19-2018 11:33 PM

The difference between Patrick Mahomes II and Goff was quite evident. Goff can complete a pass if his first read is open, and if that's not available he freezes up. Patrick Mahomes II is a playmaker regardless of what happens. Goff is Joe Flacco with a more vacant stare.

I don't worry about a tipped interception and a couple of strip sacks. I just know that I feel confident when we need to score.

EPodolak 11-19-2018 11:33 PM

Of course.

And when the novelty wears off and the swooning subsides he'll settle in (I'm hopeful) and be better able to focus on his game. 23 is ridiculously young to be performing where he is and accomplishing all he has.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-19-2018 11:33 PM

It did feel like one of his Texas Tech games. Oh well. I feel great about him.

ToxSocks 11-19-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

A game like this was bound to happen to him..

"A game like this"
LMAO

You mean a game where he just dropped 51 on a top 3 team in the league? A Game like that?

Sometimes we need to just listen to ourselves.

smithandrew051 11-19-2018 11:35 PM

All of his picks were kinda fluky.

The first one was just a lucky play by the DE. He got a hand up and caught it on a lucky bounce. Pat probably needs to either adjust his arm angle or move slightly to avoid it. Wasn’t the wrong read though.

The second one is on Reid to me. Kelce is in blocking when we’re trying to move down the field to win the game? The hell is that? Anyway Mahomes got hit, which led to the pick.

The third was just desperation time. He didn’t have much of a choice.

His picks against the Patriots were more of a cause for concern. He was either fooled or being too aggressive on the picks in that one.

ToxSocks 11-19-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmos (Post 13905197)
May just be my imagination, but it didn’t look like Makemes had much juice in his arm after the interception by Peters.

He threw a duck to Hunt and quail on the last interception.

It was a shitty throw. Whether it got there or not.

It was a "**** it" throw.

Rasputin 11-19-2018 11:36 PM

I love Kelce but he can't drop those passes that hit his hands.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13905240)
It was a shitty throw. Whether it got there or not.

It was a "**** it" throw.

It looked like a TD if he threw it over everyone's heads.

He tried to throw on the run and it was way short.

Should have gathered.

Bump 11-19-2018 11:38 PM

Yes we will be more than fine lol.

Good learning experience, Mahomes turns out to be human after all. 6 TDs and 478 yards and it was his worst game, he made poor decisions at didn't protect the ball when Aaron Donald (last years defensive MVP and probably will be again this year) is coming to make plays.

Mahomes had 5 turnovers and was still positive in the TD to turnover ratio.

Growing pains, learning experience in the regular season. We all thought Mahomes was going to be good, but maybe not expecting him to be an MVP candidate like he is in his first year at the age of 23.

I wouldn't trade Mahomes for any player in the NFL right now, we are going to win Superbowls with this kid even if one of them isn't this year. We're not really a complete team, our secondary is half rejects and the other half draft busts. Zero talent there.

RunKC 11-19-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13905227)
"A game like this"
LMAO

You mean a game where he just dropped 51 on a top 3 team in the league? A Game like that?

Sometimes we need to just listen to ourselves.

We knew this would be an offensive battle, but the difference in the game was Mahomes turning the ball over 5X.

He waited in the pocket way too long in times where he knew he should have played for another down.

It’s okay. He’s young. He’ll learn.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-19-2018 11:39 PM

Rams defense sucks too I guess. 44 and a billion yards allowed at home.

wazu 11-19-2018 11:39 PM

Was somebody worried about Mahomes?

carcosa 11-19-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13905247)
I love Kelce but he can't drop those passes that hit his hands.

yiip

Iconic 11-19-2018 11:39 PM

All this game really did was convince me how much our O-Line sucks ass. We need to introduce at least one new fatty to the team in this next draft. Mahomes threw that last ball early and it got picked partially because he was sensing ghosts all around him.

CasselGotPeedOn 11-19-2018 11:40 PM

Hill returning that punt completely ****ed that last drive up. I think we at least tie it up if he just lets that one bounce.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2018 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 13905294)
Hill returning that punt completely ****ed that last drive up. I think we at least tie it up if he just lets that one bounce.

It was a 5-yard and 10 second difference.

I don't think it mattered.

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13905287)
All this game really did was convince me how much our O-Line sucks ass. We need to introduce at least one new fatty to the team in this next draft. Mahomes threw that last ball early and it got picked partially because he was sensing ghosts all around him.

They have two starters on IR. :shake:

DRM08 11-19-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Yep, glad it's regular season and not the playoffs. Hopefully he can use some lessons from tonight's game on the bigger stage later this season.

mr. tegu 11-19-2018 11:44 PM

It’s beyond frustrating that if the defense gets one more stop at the end Mahomes ends the night with 6 TDs and one pick with a win.

Easy 6 11-19-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13905168)
Dude is a gunslinger. He turned the ball over a few times and was marvelous at others. He's exactly what we dreamed of. The whole team entertained the shit out of me. Kudos to the whole squad for a hell of a game. No complaints here. Onward to the SB!

Amen

Iconic 11-19-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13905306)
They have two starters on IR. :shake:

Morse is in his last year so make that one.

dirk digler 11-19-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 13905269)
Yes we will be more than fine lol.

Good learning experience, Mahomes turns out to be human after all. 6 TDs and 478 yards and it was his worst game, he made poor decisions at didn't protect the ball when Aaron Donald (last years defensive MVP and probably will be again this year) is coming to make plays.

Mahomes had 5 turnovers and was still positive in the TD to turnover ratio.

Growing pains, learning experience in the regular season. We all thought Mahomes was going to be good, but maybe not expecting him to be an MVP candidate like he is in his first year at the age of 23.

I wouldn't trade Mahomes for any player in the NFL right now, we are going to win Superbowls with this kid even if one of them isn't this year. We're not really a complete team, our secondary is half rejects and the other half draft busts. Zero talent there.

Yup good post. Also throw in the fact that because this defense is ass it puts alot of pressure on him to have to go score and make plays every drive and sometimes that will lead to mistakes.

Iowanian 11-19-2018 11:46 PM

Mahomes will watch the film and learn....he will heal his body a little this week and come back a better QB in week 13.

Be afraid afc.

Imon Yourside 11-19-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

All the commentators have been saying we have a top 5 OL, i've been thinking do they watch the games? Do they know we have 2 average tackles and a shitshow in between? If Mahomes had Brees line he would have 60 Td's already.

Fish 11-19-2018 11:47 PM

Mahomes scored 6TDs and passed for 475+yds. Almost pulled off a historic comeback. No excuse necessary.

Rain Man 11-19-2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Meh. I'll give Tyreek the at-bat every time without hesitation. He's a cheetah.

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13905334)
It’s beyond frustrating that if the defense gets one more stop at the end Mahomes ends the night with 6 TDs and one pick with a win.

If Mahomes doesn't throw a dump off pass flat-footed or Cam Erving falls on a fumble instead of trying to pick it up and apparently run it into the other team's end zone, Mahomes probably ends the night with NO picks and a win.

wazu 11-19-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Hill has earned the right to see what he can do with a punt return.

Eleazar 11-19-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Erving had a brutal game but the rest of the line seemed to play fairly well.

Two of those guys weren't expected to get any snaps this year.

Iowanian 11-19-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13905213)
The difference between Patrick Mahomes II and Goff was quite evident. Goff can complete a pass if his first read is open, and if that's not available he freezes up. Patrick Mahomes II is a playmaker regardless of what happens. Goff is Joe Flacco with a more vacant stare.

I don't worry about a tipped interception and a couple of strip sacks. I just know that I feel confident when we need to score.

Mahomes is so good he had almost as many Rams TDs as goff. Hell, he technically had 8 TD passes tonight. Mahomes is a superior QB.

Reerun_KC 11-19-2018 11:50 PM

So I’d Goff

Mahomes 0

Goff 1

Goff is the better QB.

Eleazar 11-19-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13905375)
Mahomes is so good he had almost as many Rams TDs as goff. Hell, he technically had 8 TD passes tonight. Mahomes is a superior QB.

He is one of those "don't score too fast" guys. He was making sure the Rams scoreed REAL fast. :D

FloridaMan88 11-19-2018 11:51 PM

Some dumbshit fans apparently want Alex Smith and his zero turnover stat line back who would have lost by 40 points in a track meet like this.

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13905374)

Erving had his hands full with Donald a lot of the time.

What was the deal with Reiter blocking NOBODY? There were a few times when he was just standing there.

Chief Northman 11-19-2018 11:52 PM

Mahomes should not be immune to criticism. He was careless with the football, and did not sense the pressure well tonight. Andy needs to call more plays that get the ball out quicker, and more carries for Hunt can help set up the deep shots. He will learn from this and I actually am more confident this team will be in the Superbowl after this performance. The defense controlled Gurley and settled down making stops after a penalty-filled 1st quarter where the secondary got eaten up.

Chiefs finish 13-3 at worst, but I’m leaning 14-2 and the #1 seed in the AFC.

Reerun_KC 11-19-2018 11:53 PM

Alex is a pos QB.

The Franchise 11-19-2018 11:54 PM

37 TDs

FloridaMan88 11-19-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13905410)
Mahomes should not be immune to criticism. He was careless with the football

Wrong.

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13905410)
Mahomes should not be immune to criticism. He was careless with the football, and did not sense the pressure well tonight. Andy needs to call more plays that get the ball out quicker, and more carries for Hunt can help set up the deep shots. He will learn from this and I actually am more confident this team will be in the Superbowl after this performance. The defense controlled Gurley and settled down making stops after a penalty-filled 1st quarter where the secondary got eaten up.

Chiefs finish 13-3 at worst, but I’m leaning 14-2 and the #1 seed in the AFC.

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm right there with you!

DJ's left nut 11-19-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13905252)
It looked like a TD if he threw it over everyone's heads.

He tried to throw on the run and it was way short.

Should have gathered.

It's the same ball he threw in the 4th of the Broncos game last year that could've easily been picked - had more faith than he had arm and tried to throw a ball 60 yards while falling backwards.

Not even Mahomes can pull that off.

Wasnt a smart play. And the 2 sack/strips were bad movement in the pocket; the first was especially egregious.

But in the end, who ****ing cares? He was the reason we were in that game. His B- effort wa damn near 500 yards and 6 scores. His 'bad games' have all been Ws or some kind of heroic effort that came up a bit short because of an ill-advised rookie vapor lock or 2. Oh well. This is a heck of a 'shit happens' game...

(But seriously - stop trying to throw the length of the football field off your back foot; understand the limits of your own mortality, young grasshopper...)

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13905436)
It's the same ball he threw in the 4th of the Broncos game last year that could've easily been picked - had more faith than he had arm and tried to throw a ball 60 yards with no base.

Wasnt a smart play. And the 2 sack/strips were bad movement in the pocket; the first was especially egregious.

But in the end, who ****ing cares? He was the reason we were in that game. His B- effort wa damn near 500 yards and 6 scores. His 'bad games' have all been Ws or some kind of heroic effort that came up a bit short because of an ill-advised rookie vapor lock or 2. Oh well. This is a heck of a 'shit happens' game...

(But seriously - stop trying to throw the length of the football field off your back foot; understand the limits of your own mortality, young grasshopper...)

:clap:

Eleazar 11-19-2018 11:58 PM

Quote:

It's the same ball he threw in the 4th of the Broncos game last year that could've easily been picked - had more faith than he had arm and tried to throw a ball 60 yards while falling backwards.

Yeah, he was the reason we lost, and he was the reason why we were even in the position to lose it there, and why this was even a big game to begin with.

I'm not upset with him for looking green tonight. He will learn and improve on that. We've got our QB and the future is bright.

lcarus 11-19-2018 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13905374)

Erving allowed the 2 strip sacks but he was blocking the best defensive player in the league. And 1 of them was kinda on Patrick for not getting rid of the ball sooner. So it was bad but about what I expected.

WhiteWhale 11-19-2018 11:59 PM

He had two possessions in which he could have tied the game or scored the go-ahead TD.

Yes, he was awesome with the TD drives. Yes, he had five turnovers (two of which scored points for the rams).

I've never had a QB who could throw 6 TD's and 475 yards and leave me thinking "yeah, but he could have played better."

That's just how good he is.

Bump 11-19-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13905365)
Meh. I'll give Tyreek the at-bat every time without hesitation. He's a cheetah.

same, anybody else doing that I'd be pissed. But I'll take the chance with Tyreek every single time, the odds of him making a great play is too good.

Bump 11-20-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13905402)
Some dumbshit fans apparently want Alex Smith and his zero turnover stat line back who would have lost by 40 points in a track meet like this.

I think we'd have only 3 or 4 wins right now at best with Alex, those people are stupid.

Rain Man 11-20-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13905422)
37 TDs

This is a compelling argument.

htismaqe 11-20-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13905447)
Yeah, he was the reason we lost, and he was the reason why we were even in the position to lose it there, and why this was even a big game to begin with.

I'm not upset with him for looking green tonight. He will learn and improve on that. We've got our QB and the future is bright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13905458)
He had two possessions in which he could have tied the game or scored the go-ahead TD.

Yes, he was awesome with the TD drives. Yes, he had five turnovers (two of which scored points for the rams).

I've never had a QB who could throw 6 TD's and 475 yards and leave me thinking "yeah, but he could have played better."

That's just how good he is.

:clap::clap::clap:

chiefzilla1501 11-20-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13905196)
There are a few dumbasses on here that are.

Who really gives a shit? I'm so happy about my qb that I feel sorry for dipshit who aren't. **** em.

I was disappointed in mahomes tonight. But I'd.rather be disappointed than mad. In a weird way, I don't mind that he faced some adversity in his young career. Promise you he will always remember this loss.

gold_and_red 11-20-2018 12:10 AM

Get better at situational football. Great QBs make their money in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter. Hoping he learns quickly.

smithandrew051 11-20-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13905451)
Erving allowed the 2 strip sacks but he was blocking the best defensive player in the league. And 1 of them was kinda on Patrick for not getting rid of the ball sooner. So it was bad but about what I expected.

Watch the first one again (if you have the stomach for it).

Reiter pretty much does nothing while Erving gets beat. He starts to help Wylie on Suh, but Wylie didn’t need help.

Not sure if Reiter just missed what was happening or if Mahomes didn’t correct the protection at the line. Id have Reiter helping on Donald all game and take my chances with Suh

Eleazar 11-20-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 13905529)
Get better at situational football.

PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

tk13 11-20-2018 12:19 AM

It's all part of the learning process. It's if he's still doing this 10 years from now like Favre that's when we'll start to get sick of it.

The Franchise 11-20-2018 12:39 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">. <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes5?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickMahomes5</a> was all of us watching that strip-sack score <a href="https://t.co/YVSAJ6f9OS">pic.twitter.com/YVSAJ6f9OS</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1064735195033739267?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Best22 11-20-2018 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 13905529)
Get better at situational football. Great QBs make their money in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter. Hoping he learns quickly.

He still led a great drive down 44-47 to give us the lead. Scandrick makes a catch, and Mahomes is the hero again with another game winning drive

mnchiefsguy 11-20-2018 12:53 AM

Mahomes took it like a man after the game.

Dude is the true leader of this team and will be for many, many years.

Lots to look forward too.

Hammock Parties 11-20-2018 12:53 AM

Pat probably didn't see that at Texas Tech once. LMAO

"YES! 50 POINTS IS ENOUGH IN THE NFL!"

eDave 11-20-2018 01:08 AM

Quote:

This dude always nails it.

Hammock Parties 11-20-2018 01:14 AM

Quote:

Spot on analysis.

Mahomes thinks he is Superman.

You're Batman, kid. There is nothing wrong with that.

Just be Batman.

FloridaMan88 11-20-2018 01:46 AM

Mahomes has to be Superman with Bob Sutton’s shitfest defense.

Sure Mahomes held on to the ball too long/waiting for the big play on some of those turnovers, but I’ll take that any day over Alex Smiff completing 70 bubble screens for 12 yards.

Hammock Parties 11-20-2018 01:55 AM

Half of our problem is Mahomes has been SO good we just want him to go the extra 10% and be completely impervious to failure, year one be damned.

We are already victims of our own success.

Patience is a virtue and the long game will be much sweeter in the end.