ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Let's talk about Beds (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295162)

notorious 10-08-2015 08:53 PM

Let's talk about Beds

What do you suggest? We have a King Sealy and it sucks.

I need help. The Sleep Number split beds that incline have caught my eye.

I have reached a point in my life where paying for comfort is worth it.

Lay it on me.

DaFace 10-08-2015 08:56 PM

The wife and I got a (non-inclining) sleep number about 3 years ago and have been really happy with it. It's definitely nice to be able to adjust each side separately, and even beyond that, I like the flexibility of raising up the firmness when I need the extra support and softening it down when I'm sore.

Buehler445 10-08-2015 08:59 PM

I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried the kasper mattresses ESPN radio pushes.

tx4chiefs 10-08-2015 09:06 PM

I have a non-inclining sleep number and they are great. The only thing wrong with it is it makes it impossible to sleep on hotel beds. I use a low to medium number and all hotel beds are too hard now.

TribalElder 10-08-2015 09:06 PM

Interested in this topic

Similar situation

OnTheWarpath15 10-08-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11784506)
I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried the kasper mattresses ESPN radio pushes.

We have, great decision.

I didn't think I'd like a latex/memory foam hybrid, but this thing is the bull's balls.

Free shipping and 100 nights to try. Free shipping back if you don't like it. Half the price of a decent spring mattress. Really nothing to lose by trying one.

pr_capone 10-08-2015 09:16 PM

Went to Denver mattress and got their cheapest king size bed. Then I went to eBay and picked up a 5 inch thick memory foam topper for about $100.

Sleeps amazing and feels better than any pillow top they had at the shop for nearly a grand more.

Rain Man 10-08-2015 09:25 PM

I've slept in a couple of memory foam beds in hotels recently, and I must say that I prefer a regular mattress. The memory foam seemed like it got warm.

Buehler445 10-08-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11784576)
We have, great decision.

I didn't think I'd like a latex/memory foam hybrid, but this thing is the bull's balls.

Free shipping and 100 nights to try. Free shipping back if you don't like it. Half the price of a decent spring mattress. Really nothing to lose by trying one.

Does it get hot? I'm a goddamned furnace and I can't sleep when I'm hot.

BigMeatballDave 10-09-2015 07:09 AM

Memory Foam! **** yeah.

BigMeatballDave 10-09-2015 07:19 AM

I have this mattress. Love it.

http://broyhillmemoryfoammattresses....-mattress.html

ChiliConCarnage 10-09-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11784506)

I've heard really good stuff about Casper and TuftAndNeedle

patteeu 10-09-2015 07:38 AM

If you're willing to pay for comfort, go to the fancy mattress store and lay on mattresses to find what you like. Everyone is different.

BTW, I think blaise used to work in one of those stores so he might have decent advice.

Bob Dole 10-09-2015 07:44 AM

Goose down.

Dayze 10-09-2015 07:57 AM

I make sure mine are always made out of Gortex

ExtremeChief 10-09-2015 08:04 AM

We just got a tempur pedic. The wife loves it. It basically eliminated her morning back pain in two weeks. I'm not a fan because it feels too firm to me, but if she is happy I can live with it.

OnTheWarpath15 10-09-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11784811)
Does it get hot? I'm a goddamned furnace and I can't sleep when I'm hot.

The Casper does not. I'm a hot sleeper and thought I would hate it.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-09-2015 08:15 AM

we have a Serta iComfort (memory foam/latex combo) We loved it at first, but after about 3 years we wish we had gone firmer as it feels much firmer at first before the foam breaks in. Something to consider.

Old Dog 10-09-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11784463)

Lay it on me.

I think you're doing it wrong....you're supposed to lay on it.
Try that and see if it helps and get back to us.

Dave Lane 10-09-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11784463)

I need help. The Sleep Number split beds that incline have caught my eye.

I have reached a point in my life where paying for comfort is worth it.

Lay it on me.

My girl friend had a Sleep number. I hated it. I've got a Tempurpedic and its amazing. Took a couple month to break in but man its nice.

Dave Lane 10-09-2015 08:32 AM

Also if you get the Tempurpedic pay the extra to get a Deluxe model. It has a softer top and breathes better.

DaveNull 10-09-2015 08:49 AM

Had a foam hybrid thing from Costco for a number of years, but eventually it wore out. Replaced it with a Tempurpedic and it's phenomenal.

Plan on going to multiple stores to test them all out. It will take about 2-4 weeks to fully decompress and feel the way its designed to.

Oh, and go king size.

scho63 10-09-2015 09:25 AM

I have slept on a Danish style slat bed with only a firm queen Sealy mattress for around 20 years and love it. I buy a new mattress every 8-9 years and I'm getting close with the one I have.

I tried laying on memory foam mattresses and they suck to me. If you move a lot, they are very uncomfortable and I don't think they give very quickly.

I never have a hard time falling asleep so it don't need some crazy contraption. I think I paid $399 for my last mattress and it has served me well.

Strongside 10-09-2015 09:29 AM

Let's talk about beds, bay-bee
Let's talk about you-and-me
Let's talk about anything and everything
but-the-Chiefs

Lzen 10-09-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 11785193)
we have a Serta iComfort (memory foam/latex combo) We loved it at first, but after about 3 years we wish we had gone firmer as it feels much firmer at first before the foam breaks in. Something to consider.

We have one of those and I love it.

seclark 10-09-2015 09:41 AM

another vote for the sleep number.

had our first one(queen size) for 19 years. 8 years ago we went ahead and got a king sized(we don't sleep as close together as we used to).

after spending a few days on the road, the best thing to getting home is that bed.
sec

BucEyedPea 10-09-2015 09:43 AM

Well I love my new Temper-Pedic. What I really need is better pillows for reading in bed. I had to go to the chiro 'cuz I injured myself reading a novel. Any suggestions for a good reading pillow?

seclark 10-09-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11785361)
I injured myself reading a novel.

you're getting too old for that shit.
sec

BucEyedPea 10-09-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11785370)
sec

I think so!

ToxSocks 10-09-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11785361)
I injured myself reading a novel.

Dafuq. Is your name Sanders Commings?

BucEyedPea 10-09-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11785374)
Dafuq.

That's what the chiro said too.

BucEyedPea 10-09-2015 09:50 AM

It was an action novel. I think that's what did it to me.

patteeu 10-09-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11785370)
sec

LMAO

Dartgod 10-09-2015 10:28 AM

TempurPedic.

You're welcome.

Stryker 10-09-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 11785193)

We bought our king size Serta iComfort 2 yrs ago and love it.

acarter25 10-09-2015 10:57 AM

Anything Latex. Worked at a mattress factory- built and sold. Best foam out there.

The Rick 10-09-2015 10:57 AM

BedInABox.com

Also, this is a great site for reviews and information on various brands and options:

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/

oldman 10-09-2015 11:03 AM

Sleep Number for us. My wife likes the bed soft and I prefer a little firmer mattress.

alpha_omega 10-09-2015 11:14 AM

Not this one.....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...6f21390e3d.jpg

BucEyedPea 10-09-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 11785539)
Sleep Number for us. My wife likes the bed soft and I prefer a little firmer mattress.

I had one of those for years. I hated it. Not enough spring.

Indian Chief 10-09-2015 11:44 AM

I got done with the mattress research process about a month ago and ended up getting a sleep number i8. My parents had purchased a sleep number w/ all the bells and whistles about a year earlier and while they liked the bed, they ended up not using the incline feature very much and considered it a waste of money. Plus with the split incline, you have to buy special sheets and there is a gap between the two sides. If you roll toward the middle you basically fall into the crack. So far I am happy with the purchase. It is definitely the most comfortable bed I've ever owned, and that's still with me experimenting to find my ideal sleep number.

Regarding memory foam, I have a friend with such a bed and his input was this: it is great when your back is bothering you and that particular support is necessary, but the rest of the time it gets very warm and isn't particularly comfortable.

If you do end up with a sleep number, skip the sleep IQ.

FlaChief58 10-09-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 11785551)

I had on from the time I was 14 until 30. Used to sleep like a baby, then my wife convinced me to get rid of it and go to a traditional mattress. Worst mistake I've ever made

Fire Me Boy! 10-09-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11784477)
The wife and I got a (non-inclining) sleep number about 3 years ago and have been really happy with it. It's definitely nice to be able to adjust each side separately, and even beyond that, I like the flexibility of raising up the firmness when I need the extra support and softening it down when I'm sore.

Same here. We have had ours for about 18 months, I think, and easily the best money we've spent on a mattress. Part of that is we both have drastically different preferences for bed softness. We also didn't get the inclining. And I totally agree with DaFace about being able to raise or lower firmness whenever I need it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx4chiefs (Post 11784544)
I have a non-inclining sleep number and they are great. The only thing wrong with it is it makes it impossible to sleep on hotel beds. I use a low to medium number and all hotel beds are too hard now.

I travel for work. Hotel sleeping now sucks ass.

Fire Me Boy! 10-09-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11785208)
My girl friend had a Sleep number. I hated it. I've got a Tempurpedic and its amazing. Took a couple month to break in but man its nice.

I genuinely think the people that don't like SN haven't found their "number."

Rain Man 10-09-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 11785664)
I had on from the time I was 14 until 30. Used to sleep like a baby, then my wife convinced me to get rid of it and go to a traditional mattress. Worst mistake I've ever made

I had a waterbed in my 20s and really liked it. No baffles, so you would float around for a while after you climbed in. But it was sure comfortable. While I don't think my wife minded it, she too talked me into getting rid of it. It was a sad day.

My only worry was that my cat would put a hole in it. She loved sleeping on it and we had lots of discussion about not kneading on it, and we could never agree not to do it.

FlaChief58 10-09-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11786073)
I had a waterbed in my 20s and really liked it. No baffles, so you would float around for a while after you climbed in. But it was sure comfortable. While I don't think my wife minded it, she too talked me into getting rid of it. It was a sad day.

My only worry was that my cat would put a hole in it. She loved sleeping on it and we had lots of discussion about not kneading on it, and we could never agree not to do it.

Besides being comfortable as hell, the fact that it was heated in the winter and cool in the summer was my favorite part of my waterbed.

Dylan 10-09-2015 05:32 PM

Last winter we bought "Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Shakespeare Luxury Plush Mattress" and Box Spring.

Love the mattress. Great quality - Firm mattress and slightly soft. Very comfortable.

I highly recommend that you find a Simmons store located near you so you can check out mattresses for comfort.

We also bought "My Pillows" from Simmons - Best pillows we ever bought.

Quick Google:
Quote:

The Beautyrest Shakespeare Recharge Luxury Plush with Gel Touch bed gives both Support and Comfort. A luxurious durable knit cover encases Aircool foams and Gel Touch to give support and provide a comfortable sleeping temperature. In the center third is a blended latex band to give additional back support. The Plush Beautyrest Pocketed Coil provides Independent Support Technology which promotes Proper Sleeping Posture all night long. The mattress has ventilated foam encasement with a mesh material border work along with the Air Cool foams for a comfortable night sleep. There are handles on the mattress to help adjust the mattress when needed. All of these components help you wake up to Living Life Fully Charged.
http://www.1800mattress.com/simmons-...&utm_campaign=

http://www.simmons.com/find-store/

big nasty kcnut 10-09-2015 05:35 PM

If anybody know where the hilton get their pillows. Best sleep in a long time.

Dylan 10-09-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 11786929)
If anybody know where the hilton get their pillows. Best sleep in a long time.

Here you go:

https://www.hiltontohome.com/product...px?down-pillow

007 10-09-2015 05:42 PM

Tempur-Pedic

nuff said

eDave 10-09-2015 05:52 PM

My floor was suitably comfortable last night.

Dylan 10-09-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11786965)
My floor was suitably comfortable last night.

Japanese style? :D

Why were you sleeping on the floor?

eDave 10-09-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 11786974)
Japanese style? :D

Why were you sleeping on the floor?

50 today. So I was celebrating the end of my 40's last night.

Rain Man 10-09-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 11786104)
Besides being comfortable as hell, the fact that it was heated in the winter and cool in the summer was my favorite part of my waterbed.

Yeah, there are few things better than climbing into a nice warm waterbed in the winter.

Rain Man 10-09-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11786977)

Congratulations! I presume you watched a Golden Girls marathon and then fell asleep after a nice cup of warm milk?

eDave 10-09-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11786986)
Congratulations! I presume you watched a Golden Girls marathon and then fell asleep after a nice cup of warm milk?

Get off my lawn!

Thanks Rain Man. Righteous.

KCTitus 10-09-2015 06:12 PM

I'm going to +1 the Sleep Number suggestion, especially the King size so the left and right zones are separately adjustable. Going from my 30's to 40's I noticed back pain after sleeping and the Sleep Number fixed that. It does take time to find YOUR number, but once you do...it's golden.

The best part is you can change it as you change. There is no other 'mattress' that does that and I have changed my number at least twice in the last 10 years.

Dylan 10-09-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11786977)

http://of-the-heart.com/store/images/x03.gif

http://vylette.buciorweb.com/wp-cont...ate-Cake-1.jpg

Best!

Fire Me Boy! 10-09-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 11787000)
I'm going to +1 the Sleep Number suggestion, especially the King size so the left and right zones are separately adjustable. Going from my 30's to 40's I noticed back pain after sleeping and the Sleep Number fixed that. It does take time to find YOUR number, but once you do...it's golden.

The best part is you can change it as you change. There is no other 'mattress' that does that and I have changed my number at least twice in the last 10 years.

Agreed. However, there are some SN stores that have a little pad that goes on the bed in the store to "map" your pressure zones. You can see those change as you get to your number. While it's not spot on, it's a great starting point.

KCTitus 10-09-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11787008)
Agreed. However, there are some SN stores that have a little pad that goes on the bed in the store to "map" your pressure zones. You can see those change as you get to your number. While it's not spot on, it's a great starting point.

Yeah, worst thing that happened was them testing me at the store for my original number. They had me at a 65, and I spend 3.5k and have it brought home and 65 kills me. I went from that to 95 before going the other way to 45... and found my number at 45. OMG it took almost 6 months, and it would have been better for me if we hadnt got a number at the store.

I'm back up to 60 now, but that was awful trying to find my real number.

Fire Me Boy! 10-09-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 11787020)
Yeah, worst thing that happened was them testing me at the store for my original number. They had me at a 65, and I spend 3.5k and have it brought home and 65 kills me. I went from that to 95 before going the other way to 45... and found my number at 45. OMG it took almost 6 months, and it would have been better for me if we hadnt got a number at the store.

I'm back up to 60 now, but that was awful trying to find my real number.

60-65 was probably close to your real number, but I found it took a little bit for the bed to get broken in. Brand new, I was 15-20 below my number, too. Fortunately for me it didn't take me that long to figure out.

I'm a 60ish, too. Wife is a 10. Due to the kidney thing and my dialysis overnights, we had to switch sides of the bed last year. We both struggled because the sides were broken in differently.

KCTitus 10-09-2015 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11787031)
60-65 was probably close to your real number, but I found it took a little bit for the bed to get broken in. Brand new, I was 15-20 below my number, too. Fortunately for me it didn't take me that long to figure out.

I'm a 60ish, too. Wife is a 10. Due to the kidney thing and my dialysis overnights, we had to switch sides of the bed last year. We both struggled because the sides were broken in differently.

They have the new beds that raise and lower the head/feet, and I'm intrigued. I hear it does nothing for snoring, but it's nice for watching football in bed.

I dont think I could go back to a conventional mattress...I will say I've slept on a few tempurpedics in hotels and they're very nice.

Fire Me Boy! 10-09-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 11787041)
They have the new beds that raise and lower the head/feet, and I'm intrigued. I hear it does nothing for snoring, but it's nice for watching football in bed.

I don't think I could go back to a conventional mattress...I will say I've slept on a few tempurpedics in hotels and they're very nice.

I don't like the Tempurpedics. Hot and I don't like how they form around you. I like to change positions a couple times in the night, and they never feel right until 5 minutes later. Which sounds like not much, but is enough to fully wake me up at 2 a.m.

Someone said earlier that after a week of travel coming home to the SN is the best thing ever, and I could not agree more. Every time I'm gone for more than a couple nights, I come home and get a full night of completely uninterrupted sleep - not even waking up to change positions.

KCTitus 10-09-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11787049)
I don't like the Tempurpedics. Hot and I don't like how they form around you. I like to change positions a couple times in the night, and they never feel right until 5 minutes later. Which sounds like not much, but is enough to fully wake me up at 2 a.m.

Someone said earlier that after a week of travel coming home to the SN is the best thing ever, and I could not agree more. Every time I'm gone for more than a couple nights, I come home and get a full night of completely uninterrupted sleep - not even waking up to change positions.

Heh...nothing is better than home base.

The secret to not running 'hot' in a hotel room, set the AC for 67 degrees, fan on all the time and there's no mattress that will make you hot.

DaFace 10-09-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 11786104)

It's not the same thing at all, but a heating pad can mostly take care of the winter part. You just have to remember to turn it on 15-20 minutes before you head to bed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZSHDEU

Fire Me Boy! 10-09-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11787061)
It's not the same thing at all, but a heating pad can mostly take care of the winter part. You just have to remember to turn it on 15-20 minutes before you head to bed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZSHDEU

Or an electric blanket.

When will someone perfect an "always cool" pillow? Because the ones I've seen or used suck.

DaFace 10-09-2015 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11787070)
Or an electric blanket.

When will someone perfect an "always cool" pillow? Because the ones I've seen or used suck.

I personally like a pad a lot better than a blanket. I'd always get TOO hot with my old electric blanket because it was constantly beating down on me, and I don't feel that way with a pad. If I do get too hot, it's easy to just throw off a layer, which is harder to do if the blanket is between a sheet and a comforter. A pad also goes underneath your sheets, so you don't really even notice it's there. You can almost just leave it on year-round, and you won't notice a difference.

Just personal preference though.

Mr. Laz 10-09-2015 07:11 PM

I've yet to find a foam mattress that didn't get soft.

Tempur Pedic's(top of the line) mattress felt great but got soft in about 2 1/2 years. You really want to pay 3 to 4 grand every 2-3 years?

Warranties are foam mattresses aren't worth shit either. They pretty much all cover sag but not softening. You need a 3/4 inch dent with nothing on bed to qualify for replacement. A piece of paper doesn't sag with no weight on it. Doesn't stop you from rolling into the middle of the mattress anytime you lay on it because it's squishy like a sponge.

The key is not price but price per year.

tempur pedic - 4 yrs/4,000 = 1k per year
middle of the road foam mattress = 2 yrs/$600 = $300 per year

If you like foam you are probably better of buy a mid-tier mattress on sale.

It's cheaper PER YEAR.

JMO

Performance always varies on your weight and how much time you spend on it. If you do paper work or watch t.v., at night before sleep, then durability suffers big time.

Dylan 10-09-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 11787041)

I dont think I could go back to a conventional mattress...I will say I've slept on a few tempurpedics in hotels and they're very nice.

Be careful, purchasing adjustable beds. When they break, most of the parts are guaranteed for a short period, as a friend of ours learned the hard way.

They spent a fortune on the bed and within a year, it stopped working. Besides frustration, the parts and labor were expensive to fix.

The best way to find out about a product is to read online reviews from people who have purchased it.

KCTitus 10-09-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 11787152)
Be careful, purchasing adjustable beds. When they break, most of the parts are guaranteed for a short period, as a friend of ours learned the hard way.

They spent a fortune on the bed and within a year, it stopped working. Besides frustration, the parts and labor were expensive to fix.

The best way to find out about a product is to read online reviews from people who have purchased it.

Agreed...the bladders and pump are guaranteed for at least 10 years. If you have problem, they will replace it cost free. After 10 years it becomes pro-rated. The only thing they require is the pump be on a surge protector. We've not had any problems after almost 10 years and Ive spent a little over 3k for this set up. Previous to the Sleep Number I spent about 2500 on a traditional mattress and was done with it before this has gone out.

I think that I've got pretty good value compared to the previous model. I'm actually ready to buy a new one even before this one has 'worn' out.

Dylan 10-09-2015 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 11787162)
Agreed...the bladders and pump are guaranteed for at least 10 years. If you have problem, they will replace it cost free. After 10 years it becomes pro-rated. The only thing they require is the pump be on a surge protector. We've not had any problems after almost 10 years and Ive spent a little over 3k for this set up. Previous to the Sleep Number I spent about 2500 on a traditional mattress and was done with it before this has gone out.

I think that I've got pretty good value compared to the previous model. I'm actually ready to buy a new one even before this one has 'worn' out.

KCTitus: Oh okay, I had to GOOGLE bladder and pump beds since I was not familiar with adjustable air beds for home.

The features on the mattress sounds amazing - Seems you would never want to get out of bed. :D

KCTitus 10-09-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 11787217)
KCTitus: Oh okay, I had to GOOGLE bladder and pump beds since I was not familiar with adjustable air beds for home.

The features on the mattress sounds amazing - Seems you would never want to get out of bed. :D

I never want to get out of bed...lol.

Dayze 10-09-2015 07:52 PM

My next bed I want one of those adjustable a where you can raise your torso and legs etc. I sleep like a rock with my head and legs slightly elevated.

Fire Me Boy! 10-09-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 11787231)
I never want to get out of bed...lol.

I spend roughly 11 hours a day in bed with this dialysis. It makes a difference to have a good bed.

KCTitus 10-09-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11787232)
My next bed I want one of those adjustable a where you can raise your torso and legs etc. I sleep like a rock with my head and legs slightly elevated.

Absolutely, I sleep better in my recliner than I do in bed, so yes...that's the way to have a bed.

notorious 10-09-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11787232)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 11787239)
Absolutely, I sleep better in my recliner than I do in bed, so yes...that's the way to have a bed.

This.

When I sleep on my recliner, I have deep dreams and wake up refreshed.

KCTitus 10-09-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11787242)
This.

When I sleep on my recliner, I have deep dreams and wake up refreshed.

yeah, that's why I want to buy a new bed, I did find my number trying to recreate the recliner in full recline. If you can get that, get it!

notorious 10-09-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 11787248)
yeah, that's why I want to buy a new bed, I did find my number trying to recreate the recliner in full recline. If you can get that, get it!

Oh yeah. A sleep number can adjust like that?

KCTitus 10-09-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11787323)
Oh yeah. A sleep number can adjust like that?

Yes, the new ones can...my brother has one and I'm jealous. Check out the SleepIQ's...they start around a grand for a Queen. I literally would pay 10 grand for a bed like that.

Iowanian 10-09-2015 09:08 PM

We just pile some dry leaves and pine branches under the shelter.