ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ****Official Black Monday Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268177)

Buck 12-30-2012 12:42 PM

****Official Black Monday Thread****

You may only post ITT if your coach is being fired on Monday.

I will update the OP as coaches are officially fired.

ON THE HOT SEAT
Jim Schwartz
Ron Rivera
Mike Mularkey
Dennis Allen
Jason Garrett

****IN FIRED
Scott 'Team-killer' Pioli

OFFICIALLY FIRED
Andy Reid (HC - PHI)
Norv Turner (HC - SD)
Romeo Crennel (HC - KC)
Pat Shurmur (HC - CLE)
Ken Wisenhunt (HC - ARI)
Lovie Smith (HC - CHI)
Chan Gailey (HC - BUF)
Gene Smith (GM - JAX)
Tom Heckert (GM - CLE)
Mike Tannenbaum (GM - NYJ)
Rod Graves (GM - ARI)
AJ Smith (GM - SD)

NEW HIRES
Andy Reid (HC - KC)
Doug Marrone (HC - BUF)

POTENTIAL HEAD COACH CANDIDATES
Bruce Arians
Chip Kelly
Jon Gruden
Jay Gruden
Todd Haley
Bill Cowher
Nick Saban
Josh McDaniel
Mike Zimmer
Mike McCoy
Jack Del Rio
Kyle Shanahan
Kirk Ferentz
Bill O'Brien
Mike McCoy
Mike Sullivan
Mike Nolan
Keith Armstrong
Lovie Smith

Buck 12-30-2012 12:43 PM

Also if you have new potential head coaches tell me them so I can add to OP

In58men 12-30-2012 12:43 PM

Add Mike Zimmer to a possible HC position.

Quesadilla Joe 12-30-2012 12:47 PM

Mike McCoy and Jack Del Rio are possible HC's.

cdcox 12-30-2012 12:48 PM

Kirk Ferentz to the coaching list (dammit).

Mr. Laz 12-30-2012 12:50 PM

Bill O'Brien

displacedinMN 12-30-2012 02:12 PM

This should be pinned so it is easier to find.
Good reading for the off season.

Rams Fan 12-30-2012 02:16 PM

Gene Smith for the Jaguars(GM) on the hot seat.

Buck 12-30-2012 02:57 PM

Jimmy Johnson says Bruce Arians could become the head coach with the #CHARGERS & Norv Turner could become the OC with the #COLTS #WEEK17

“@MikeyG253: Give us speculative list of coach candidates that may be on Spanos list?"

UTKevinAcee ‏@UTKevinAcee >Bruce Arians only one I know been discussed for sure

Coach 12-30-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9252088)
Gene Smith for the Jaguars(GM) on the hot seat.

Apparently he is gone.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...te-air-sources

siberian khatru 12-30-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9252537)

That's how you do it, Clark.

Buck 12-30-2012 03:17 PM

Does that count as official?

Coach 12-30-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9252544)
Does that count as official?

No, I guess not, since it isn't really official, since it's by "sources" and honestly, the source could be from a janitor that works at the stadium, for all I know....

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-30-2012 04:05 PM

Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN

Two sources confirmed Lurie has told Andy he's going in a different direction. Andy Reid is out as Eagles head coach.

GoChargers 12-30-2012 04:12 PM

Zimmer would be a great hire for the Chargers and I could see it happening. I feel like Spanos likes to hire people he's familiar with, and he had interviewed Zimmer as a possible replacement to Marty a few years ago.

displacedinMN 12-30-2012 04:53 PM

Andy Reid out- Presser tomorrow

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-30-2012 04:56 PM

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin

No surprise clev 2 fire GM Tom Heckert. Sources tell me Andy Reid already made contact w heckert 2 come w reid in next job @ProFootballTalk

Al Bundy 12-30-2012 04:57 PM

I bet the Bucs DC gets canned.

R8RFAN 12-30-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9253606)
I bet the Bucs DC gets canned.

Nobody gives two shits about the Butt Pirates here except you.

FlaChief58 12-30-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9253648)

Hi pot, meet kettle....

R8RFAN 12-30-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9253663)
Hi pot, meet kettle....

Umm we are in the same conference at least

ForeverChiefs58 12-30-2012 05:26 PM

Yahoo listed these as head coaching candidates as well.

Hue Jackson (Bengals assistant), Jim Caldwell (Ravens offensive coordinator). Ray Horton (Cardinals defensive coordinator), Jay Gruden (Bengals offensive coordinator),
Brian Schottenheimer (Rams offensive coordinator). Nick Saban (Alabama coach),
Mike McCoy (Broncos offensive coordinator), Perry Fewell (Giants defensive coordinator),

More on the hot seat -

Oakland Raiders – According to one source, owner Mark Davis and GM Reggie McKenzie were talking to confidants as recently as the past week about what to do with first-year coach Dennis Allen, who has done little or nothing to inspire confidence. More proof that the Raiders should have stuck with Hue Jackson.

New York Jets – All indications are that Rex Ryan is going to survive for another season, although there are probably going to be a lot of changes around him (GM, offensive coordinator and maybe even quarterback). But if owner Woody Johnson gets the urge, the purge could be complete.

Carolina Panthers – Whenever a GM is going to be replaced (the Panthers fired Marty Hurney in-season), there is automatic speculation about the head coach. However, it appears that coach Ron Rivera is safe right now

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--fi...211123019.html

ForeverChiefs58 12-30-2012 05:27 PM

A division-by-division look at ‘Black Monday’ possibilities

For most of us, Monday will be Dec. 31, New Year's Eve. In the NFL, it will be "Black Monday", a day where many NFL head coaches and general managers will learn that their services are no longer required by their current employer. Below is a division-by-division look at which coaches and general managers are expected to be let go tomorrow or at some point this week.

AFC East

According to Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News, there could be a total housecleaning on the Buffalo Bills as head coach Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix may be dismissed by owner Ralph Wilson. Under Gailey, the Bills are just 15-32 heading into Sunday's regular season finale against the New York Jets. The Bills have not made the playoffs since 1999.

Speaking of the Jets, GM Mike Tannebaum could be replaced (or demoted) by owner Woody Johnson after a second straight season where the organization has more closely resembled a circus than an playoff-caliber football team. As for the Jets' coaching staff, head coach Rex Ryan has two years remaining on his contract and appears safe, but offensive coordinator Tony Sparano is not expected back in 2013.

AFC North

Tennessee businessman Jimmy Haslam purchased the Cleveland Browns in 2012 and replaced president Mike Holmgren with former Eagles executive Joe Banner, who has long been expected to install his own own people in the Browns' front office and on the sidelines. That means that GM Tom Heckert and head coach Pat Shurmur will be dismissed on Monday and both are expected to be hot commodities on the front office and coaching job markets in January.

AFC South

The Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to part ways with GM Gene Smith and ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that two directors of player personnel from the NFC West could fill that vacancy. According to Schefter, Jason Licht of the Arizona Cardinals and Tom Gamble of the San Francisco 49ers could land in Jacksonville. A change in GMs could mean a change at head coach with Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien, who worked with Licht with the New England Patriots, or 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman potential candidates for Mike Mularkey's job.

AFC West

As reported by the San Diego Union-Tribune reported earlier this month, the San Diego Chargers will part ways with GM A.J. Smith and head coach Norv Turner after the season. Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to retain GM Scott Pioli, but will make significant changes, including firing head coach Romeo Crennel. Current Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz is a possibility to replace Crennel.

The Oakland Raiders are never afraid to make major changes, but are expected to give GM Reggie McKenzie and head coach Dennis Allen another season.

NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid will be fired on Monday, ending his 14-year tenure with the franchise. Reid does plan to coach in 2013, though, and is reportedly assembling a coaching staff, which most head coaching candidates do before embarking on the interview process.

NFC North

Depending on whether or not they make the playoffs, Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith could be replaced this week. The Bears swapped GMs last offseason, replacing Jerry Angelo with Phil Emery, who kept Smith on for the 2012 season. Smith only has one season remaining on his current contract and few head coaches are allowed to reach lame duck status.

Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz is signed through 2015, but ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that ownership has discussed making a change after the season. Schwartz inherited a dumpster fire and got the Lions to the playoffs in 2011, but a rash of off-field incidents, disciplinary issues with young players (Titus Young), and a seven-game losing streak entering Week 17 could result in Schwartz having the free time to follow Kid Rock's concert tour in the offseason.

NFC South

The Carolina Panthers have already fired their general manager, dismissing Marty Hurney in October. The Panthers have won three straight, and four of their last five, a red-hot finish that could save Ron Rivera's job. Whether or not Rivera gets a third season in Charlotte could hinge upon who is hired to replace Hurney on a permanent basis.

NFC West

After swinging and missing on multiple quarterbacks to replace Kurt Warner, Arizona Cardinals GM Rod Graves could be let go after the season. The Cardinals have multiple in-house candidates, including vice president of player personnel Steve Keim, who has interviewed for GM vacancies in recent offseason and could again in 2013. Another candidate would be the aforementioned Licht, who arrived in the desert with fellow former Patriots staffers Matt Caracciolo and Sean Castle, a duo that replaced Justin Casey, a longtime aide to Graves whose firing set off alarm bells of a possible rift within the organization's power structure.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...5459--nfl.html

Demonpenz 12-30-2012 05:31 PM

congrats to broncos owners for wanting to win.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-30-2012 07:04 PM

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Report: Tannenbaum is out: ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum will not be ... http://es.pn/YDikeT #nyj

Buck 12-30-2012 07:26 PM

LOVIE SMITH IS NOW ON THE HOT SEAT.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-30-2012 07:28 PM

UTKevinAcee ‏@UTKevinAcee

Team meeting at 11 am ... Norv Turner will be shocked if he's not dismissed before going in to address players for final time.

Al Bundy 12-30-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9253648)

DIAF Shit for brains.

R8RFAN 12-30-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9255074)
DIAF Shit for brains.

I mean seriously man, think about it.... NOBODY CARES... I bet half the people here can't name 2 players on the whole team. Your team sucks and will always be insignificant from here on out.

FloridaMan88 12-30-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9255299)
I mean seriously man, think about it.... NOBODY CARES... I bet half the people here can't name 2 players on the whole team. Your team sucks and will always be insignificant from here on out.

No one even cares about the Bucs in Tampa.

R8RFAN 12-30-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9255304)
No one even cares about the Bucs in Tampa.

I know... It's like 2 hot chicks talking then a big fat hairy one comes in the conversation....

They are Pewter Pirates, nobody likes them and I never met one fan in my life.

GoChargers 12-30-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9255315)

http://i.imgur.com/GrOTR.jpg

R8RFAN 12-30-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9255360)

I never met that fan but they did do one thing the Sparks can't... They did win a SB... Oh and I have never met a Spark fan either LMAO

R8RFAN 12-30-2012 08:34 PM

No Kidding, I can talk shit about the Cheaps and they can talk shit about my Raiders but the Chargers are the biggest ****ing chokers in the AFC and possibly the NFL the past 10 years... You guys have had some damn good teams but you still ****ing choke every year... How in the hell were you this bad this year? I can't figure it out.

Buck 12-30-2012 10:47 PM

I'm putting Jason Garrett on the Hot Seat list as well as Dennis Allen.

Rams Fan 12-30-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9256470)

Neither will get shit canned.

Crush 12-30-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9256470)

Good call. I believe Garrett will be fired tomorrow.

Crush 12-30-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9256480)
Neither will get shit canned.

Never underestimate good ole' Jerry. The 2nd worst GM/Owner in the NFL.

AussieChiefsFan 12-30-2012 10:56 PM

Didnt notice Mike Tannenbaum was fired....

Buck 12-30-2012 10:58 PM

I don't think Allen or Garrett will get fired, but their asses are certainly getting warmer.

Norv is already saying he's expecting to be fired by 11 am tomorrow. Not sure if I should count that as official.

Al Bundy 12-30-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9255315)
I know... It's like 2 hot chicks talking then a big fat hairy one comes in the conversation....

Of course you won't.... mostly because we aren't lot lizards or prison guards.

Buck 12-31-2012 12:01 AM

At 10:01 PM Pacific Time on 12/30/2012, I'm calling it.

Edit: Crennel based on Marty Mac ver 2.0, Norv based on him saying he's gone.

FloridaMan88 12-31-2012 12:03 AM

I like how CBSSports.com has their own logo for Black Monday (although it appears to be missing someone):

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/bl...12_630x400.jpg

Brando 12-31-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9256793)
I like how CBSSports.com has their own logo for Black Monday (although it appears to be missing someone):

They have one with Romeo but it's titled African American Monday.

RealSNR 12-31-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9255299)

Doug Martin
LeGarette Blount
Josh Freeman
Vincent Jackson
Mike Williams
Ronde Barber
Connor Barth
Donald Penn
Jeremy Zuttah

I'll betcha I could name some more if I tried hard enough

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-31-2012 12:53 AM

Good lord, is Norv busting a nut or what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9256793)

RealSNR 12-31-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9257009)

His neck tumor sprouted legs and is trying to climb its way out of Norv's pelican beak.

Gadzooks 12-31-2012 01:00 AM

Norf:deevee:

AussieChiefsFan 12-31-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9257009)

ROFL

AussieChiefsFan 12-31-2012 02:42 AM

When time does Black Monday officially begin?

Exoter175 12-31-2012 04:46 AM

6am, not sure if that is east coast or central, we'll go with both.

AussieChiefsFan 12-31-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9257241)
6am, not sure if that is east coast or central, we'll go with both.

6:15 ET right now

saphojunkie 12-31-2012 05:30 AM

Today is shaping to be quite nice. I am going to love this offseason. Throw in Pioli getting fired and another KU title run, and this might be the best April ever.

kcxiv 12-31-2012 08:10 AM

2gms down so far jax and cle.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-31-2012 08:13 AM

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly

The #Jets announce that GM Mike Tannenbaum will not return in 2013.

kcxiv 12-31-2012 08:33 AM

3 gm's down

R8RFAN 12-31-2012 08:43 AM

Report: Raiders will fire OC Knapp
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...4991--nfl.html

Thank God

htismaqe 12-31-2012 09:03 AM

7 years, 57-55 record, 3 playoff appearances, 2 AFC championship games.

4 years, 23-41 record, 1 playoff appearance with no wins.

Which one is getting fired?

Setsuna 12-31-2012 09:10 AM

Shahid Khan:

Now it is time for the Jacksonville Jaguars to begin a new chapter. We’re not looking back. I’ve made it clear from Day One that we pledge nothing less than to deliver the first Super Bowl championship to Jacksonville. Our fans have been remarkably loyal over the years, and they were truly outstanding this past season. We simply must do better for our fans.

“Our organization’s business unit had an extremely impressive year and I anticipate even better days ahead in 2013 and beyond, but we all understand this is a football business above all else. With that, I’m determined to find the right man to lead our football operations, someone who shares my vision, understands the commitment we will demand, and is qualified and ready to seize this opportunity. That search begins today.

KurtCobain 12-31-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9257633)
Shahid Khan:

Now it is time for the Jacksonville Jaguars to begin a new chapter. We’re not looking back. I’ve made it clear from Day One that we pledge nothing less than to deliver the first Super Bowl championship to Jacksonville. Our fans have been remarkably loyal over the years, and they were truly outstanding this past season. We simply must do better for our fans.

“Our organization’s business unit had an extremely impressive year and I anticipate even better days ahead in 2013 and beyond, but we all understand this is a football business above all else. With that, I’m determined to find the right man to lead our football operations, someone who shares my vision, understands the commitment we will demand, and is qualified and ready to seize this opportunity. That search begins today.

Scott Pioli

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-31-2012 09:14 AM

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Jags HC Mike Mularkey in team mtg just told players as far as he knows he's still head coach after talking w owner Thurs and today.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-31-2012 09:17 AM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Talked to a source with knowledge of the the #Bears process. On coach Lovie Smith: "It's not looking good." #Staytuned

Setsuna 12-31-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9257652)
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Jags HC Mike Mularkey in team mtg just told players as far as he knows he's still head coach after talking w owner Thurs and today.

Meh...until we get the GM, he'll stay. Honestly he can be demoted back to OC because he's way too passive as a HC.

Setsuna 12-31-2012 09:25 AM

There will be a press conference by Mularkey @ 10:30 AM Eastern which is like about now.

bevischief 12-31-2012 09:26 AM

New Chiefs Coach ‏@NewChiefsCoach

Report: Bruce Willis has purchased a house in the KC area. Coach Willis?

Setsuna 12-31-2012 09:31 AM

Sigh....fire Mularkey now! He's so damn passive and pathetic. GTFO loser.

htismaqe 12-31-2012 09:35 AM

Anybody just see that Philly radio guy on NFLN?

Basically ran down Andy Reid for 10 minutes. Didn't have a plan, like throwing darts at a dartboard, etc.

And then he went all true fan and started talking about winning in the trenches.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-31-2012 09:40 AM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Whoa: Bears have sent out consent forms requesting permission to interview head-coaching candidates.

ping2000 12-31-2012 09:47 AM

Now the Bears are looking for a coach. Chiefs are going to get the scraps for a head coach.

htismaqe 12-31-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9257792)
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Whoa: Bears have sent out consent forms requesting permission to interview head-coaching candidates.

NFLN is reporting Lovie Smith has been fired.

ping2000 12-31-2012 09:48 AM

Official from NFLN Crennel fired. Not a shock.

ping2000 12-31-2012 09:53 AM

These other teams are dumping coaches and GM's at the same time. We just announce Crennel gone. Not a good sign.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-31-2012 09:53 AM

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly

RT @TBNSully: Highly placed bills source tells me gailey has been fired.

Setsuna 12-31-2012 09:55 AM

Someone post "another one bites the dust" youtube video please.

Hammock Parties 12-31-2012 09:58 AM

Chan Gailey needs to come back.

ping2000 12-31-2012 09:59 AM

We are going to get shit for a coach. The only thing we have going for us is the #1 pick and that sucks this year.

SLAG 12-31-2012 10:05 AM

Lovie Smith Officially Gone

Dante84 12-31-2012 10:10 AM

Chan Gailey Fired

- PFT

The Franchise 12-31-2012 10:24 AM

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

The Bills have announced the firing of head coach Chan Gailey and the Bears have parted with Lovie Smith

R8RFAN 12-31-2012 10:32 AM

Lovie to KC WOULD BE A GOOD FIT