ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Best gaming headset for a PS3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=199166)

007 12-26-2008 03:31 PM

Best gaming headset for a PS3

Recommendations? I have the Jabra that came with Warhawk and it sucks unless you want to hear yourself talk. That has me soured on bluetooth right now so I am looking at wireds.

Buck 12-26-2008 04:05 PM

If you go to Walmart they have the Socom 2 ones for $30 I believe. They are pretty good. Just don't throw them and they won't break.

If you are willing to spend $100+ you can get some pretty good ones, but I don't know exactly where to find them.

007 12-26-2008 04:07 PM

isn't the socom one wireless though? I am really not to high on those right now.

TinyEvel 12-26-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5328637)
isn't the socom one wireless though? I am really not to high on those right now.

I just use my Motorola one that I use for my cel phone and it works great. You have to go into two "accessories settings" menus to get it talking, but after that it works great.

I've also used the PSeye. Flawless, but it does give some "echo talkback" into the game is you have your TV volume up

007 12-26-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 5328977)
I just use my Motorola one that I use for my cel phone and it works great. You have to go into two "accessories settings" menus to get it talking, but after that it works great.

I've also used the PSeye. Flawless, but it does give some "echo talkback" into the game is you have your TV volume up

I've been tempted to pick up the eye. Just don't know if I would use it to its fullest though. heh

Buck 12-26-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5328637)

Socom 3 one is...The one I'm talking about is from the PS2.

It works via USB.

TinyEvel 12-26-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5328985)
I've been tempted to pick up the eye. Just don't know if I would use it to its fullest though. heh

THe best use is video chat. Games it supports are LittleBigPlanet (take pics and add them to your levels, make stickers)

And SingStar (reord your own 30-sec video and post online like YouTube.

There's also "Eye of Judgement" but I reserve comment. STFU

007 12-26-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5328986)
Socom 3 one is...The one I'm talking about is from the PS2.

It works via USB.

I didn't realize there was a PS2 headset that worked with ps3. I may check that out if I can find one.

Pablo 12-27-2008 12:40 AM

It's pretty much bullshit that when you spend $400 on a console they can't throw in some vanilla, cheapy mic with your kit.

I'm calling shenanigans PS3. Headsets are essential to online MP gaming. I guess they aren't all that important for viewing movies, so who cares right?

QuikSsurfer 12-27-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 5328988)
THe best use is video chat. Games it supports are LittleBigPlanet (take pics and add them to your levels, make stickers)

And SingStar (reord your own 30-sec video and post online like YouTube.

There's also "Eye of Judgement" but I reserve comment. STFU

Burnout Paradise makes cool use of the camera.

007 12-27-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88 (Post 5329084)
It's pretty much bullshit that when you spend $400 on a console they can't throw in some vanilla, cheapy mic with your kit.

I'm calling shenanigans PS3. Headsets are essential to online MP gaming. I guess they aren't all that important for viewing movies, so who cares right?

don't disagree heh. Minor issue though for me. Granted I want to be able to speak while gaming but I can live with or without it.

QuikSsurfer 12-27-2008 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5329106)
don't disagree heh. Minor issue though for me. Granted I want to be able to speak while gaming but I can live with or without it.

I've found that the majority PS3 users don't use a mic

007 12-27-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 5329107)

Yeah, but if you can get your friends to use one and form a clan, you can seriously own the non teams.

QuikSsurfer 12-27-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5329110)
Yeah, but if you can get your friends to use one and form a clan, you can seriously own the non teams.

Mmmmmhmmmm

Pablo 12-27-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 5329107)

I dunno about that. I've been playing WAW for the last few hours and there were quite a few people with mics. And a bunch of those mics had terrible feedback. It was really fucking annoying. I started off each game by going to the score menu and muting every person in the room.

It made for a more enjoyable experience. I wouldn't say as many people use their mics as on the 360, but that's probably because the 360 packages a mic with their consoles, so nobody has to go out and spend a ridiculous amount of money on a good mic that doesn't have shitty feedback.

Some mics are like $50, that's a whole year of XBox Live right there.

I don't use a mic on COD anyhow. It's not nearly as team based for deathmatch and HQ as GOW is. I usually leave my mic unplugged when I play it, and I wish a whole lot of people I played with tonite would have done the same and saved my ears the pain.

007 12-27-2008 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 5329112)
Mmmmmhmmmm

My kid dumbass. :D

007 12-27-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88 (Post 5329119)
I dunno about that. I've been playing WAW for the last few hours and there were quite a few people with mics. And a bunch of those mics had terrible feedback. It was really fucking annoying. I started off each game by going to the score menu and muting every person in the room.

It made for a more enjoyable experience. I wouldn't say as many people use their mics as on the 360, but that's probably because the 360 packages a mic with their consoles, so nobody has to go out and spend a ridiculous amount of money on a good mic that doesn't have shitty feedback.

Some mics are like $50, that's a whole year of XBox Live right there.

I don't use a mic on COD anyhow. It's not nearly as team based for deathmatch and HQ as GOW is. I usually leave my mic unplugged when I play it, and I wish a whole lot of people I played with tonite would have done the same and saved my ears the pain.

don't you love the ones that play with a baby crying in the room.

QuikSsurfer 12-27-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5329121)
My kid dumbass. :D

ROFL

Pablo 12-27-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5329123)
don't you love the ones that play with a baby crying in the room.

That doesn't bother me nearly as much as dumbass 10 year olds talking jargon and making stupid fucking noises to intentionally annoy everyone in the room.

But yeah, the crying baby is always fun as well. I have a 9 month old son, so I suppose I'm a bit more sympathetic to those kinds of noises at the moment, but sometimes you wanna just be like "Dude, if I was at your house, I'd give your kid a bottle or hold it or whatever, but since I'm not, and you're choosing to play online right now, you should probably get offline and pay attention to your kid."

My personal favorite is the gamer that always has to let you know how high they are, or how they have to "put this blunt out before this shit starts" or "hold up, I gotta hit this bong real quick".

His name is usually SmokyHazeBudz420 or something like that.

007 12-27-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88 (Post 5329127)
That doesn't bother me nearly as much as dumbass 10 year olds talking jargon and making stupid fucking noises to intentionally annoy everyone in the room.

But yeah, the crying baby is always fun as well. I have a 9 month old son, so I suppose I'm a bit more sympathetic to those kinds of noises at the moment, but sometimes you wanna just be like "Dude, if I was at your house, I'd give your kid a bottle or hold it or whatever, but since I'm not, and you're choosing to play online right now, you should probably get offline and pay attention to your kid."

My personal favorite is the gamer that always has to let you know how high they are, or how they have to "put this blunt out before this shit starts" or "hold up, I gotta hit this bong real quick".

Yeah, my son takes CoD games seriously. But, when he messes with my Home profile, when I am in the room with him, he always tries to goof off and annoy people. I no longer let him play home now. heh

TinyEvel 12-27-2008 01:35 AM

STONERDADGAMRZ__FTW!!!

Ebolapox 12-27-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88 (Post 5329127)

ROFL

Pablo 12-27-2008 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 5329132)
STONERDADGAMRZ__FTW!!!

Lol.

I could care less what people do in their own homes. If people wanna drink, smoke, fuck, freebase, bang heroin...whatever, that's not my business. It's just particularly annoying when some gamers go out of their way to let you know how fucked up they are.

Sometimes I get online after I've had a few drinks, but I don't make comments like "Holy shit, I just spilled my Crown and Coke, hold up."

Or, "I woulda had that headshot if I wasn't so blitzed right now!"

TinyEvel 12-27-2008 01:42 AM

Man, if my mother-in-law wasn't sleeping on the couch in my family room right now, I'd get on my mic on my PS3 and pwn you muthahfuggin n00bs!

TinyEvel 12-27-2008 01:44 AM

Seriously, I've heard the crying baby, and even the "complaining girlfriend" playahs.

But I've never had anyone be all up in the mic about how they are jacked or need to take a hit. I've heard the coughing MANY TIMES but not guys going out of their way to say what they are doing.

Ebolapox 12-27-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 5329140)
Man, if my mother-in-law wasn't sleeping on the couch in my family room right now, I'd get on my mic on my PS3 and pwn you muthahfuggin n00bs!

brb, let me hit this bong.

Ebolapox 12-27-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 5329141)
Seriously, I've heard the crying baby, and even the "complaining girlfriend" playahs.

But I've never had anyone be all up in the mic about how they are jacked or need to take a hit. I've heard the coughing MANY TIMES but not guys going out of their way to say what they are doing.

ehhhhh, brb. need to go jack off to the golden girls.

007 12-27-2008 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 5329143)
ehhhhh, brb. need to go jack off to the golden girls.

You need to change your avy then.

Ebolapox 12-27-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5329145)
You need to change your avy then.

AND IF YOU THREW A PARTY, INNNNNVITED EVERYONE YOU KNEW
YOU WOULD SEE, THE BIGGEST GIFT WOULD BE FROM ME
AND THE CARD ATTACHED WOULD SAY, THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEEEEEEEEEND

Pablo 12-27-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

You haven't played much Gears of War either.

I don't know if since it's a slower paced shooter it attracts stoners moreso than other games, but I've heard those lines I've posted almost verbatim probably a couple dozen times.

CrazyPhuD 12-27-2008 02:23 AM

Quote:

LMAO you can't hide the stoner cough...

QuikSsurfer 12-27-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88 (Post 5329139)
Lol.

I could care less what people do in their own homes. If people wanna drink, smoke, fuck, freebase, bang heroin...whatever, that's not my business. It's just particularly annoying when some gamers go out of their way to let you know how fucked up they are.

Sometimes I get online after I've had a few drinks, but I don't make comments like "Holy shit, I just spilled my Crown and Coke, hold up."

Or, "I woulda had that headshot if I wasn't so blitzed right now!"

This shit drives me up the wall.

QuikSsurfer 12-27-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88 (Post 5329152)
You haven't played much Gears of War either.

I don't know if since it's a slower paced shooter it attracts stoners moreso than other games, but I've heard those lines I've posted almost verbatim probably a couple dozen times.

I've run into more stoners on Beautiful Katamari and Dead or Alive than I have on the more popular titles (minus COD4)

Buck 12-27-2008 11:48 AM

I always think its funny when you randomly hear a bong bubbling through your headset.

I normally dont talk shit, or talk about being high, but one time I was at my buddies house and he put in COD4 and was playing the single player one (free for all i think).

I told my friend I sucked at that mode and I would get killed but he let me play anyways.

I went in the room and proceeded to let everyone know how high I was. They all told me they were gonna kick my ass.

I played 3 matches with those folks and was talking shit the whole time. I won 25-15 or better every time.

That was the funnest time I've ever had on COD4.