ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: Chiefs roster would-you-rather. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301789)

Direckshun 08-27-2016 09:27 PM

Late night bullshit: Chiefs roster would-you-rather.

Poll forthcoming.

Stand by.

dmahurin 08-27-2016 09:30 PM

In b4 poll

Hoover 08-27-2016 09:31 PM

Not impressed with either

Bewbies 08-27-2016 09:31 PM

Yes.

The Franchise 08-27-2016 09:32 PM

Poll sucks

Buehler445 08-27-2016 09:33 PM

TITTIES

Buehler445 08-27-2016 09:35 PM

Abstained on DL and ILB

Direckshun 08-27-2016 10:04 PM

I'm surprised at the people picking Nunez-Roches over King.

King has flashed all preseason.

thabear04 08-28-2016 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12390837)

I like King I hope he stays.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12390837)

He is the David Irving of this year and hopefully we keep him. Irving now starts for Dallas.

hometeam 08-28-2016 09:25 AM

I would take Vince Agnew over Fleming.

milkman 08-28-2016 09:36 AM

I'm taking Murray, and this isn't even close.
I'm taking Reaves, and this also isn't even close.
I'm keeping both Hammond and Robinson, and dumping Wilson.
Pughsley.
RNR, because King can't play the nose.
DJ Alexander.
And finally, neither Fleming or Vereen.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391060)
Pughsley.
DJ Alexander.

The Milkman has spoken !!:harumph:

RealSNR 08-28-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391064)
The Milkman has spoken !!:harumph:

Tell me all about Kevin Hogan fitting in instantly and beating out Murray and Bray in preseason.

milkman 08-28-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12391074)
Tell me all about Kevin Hogan fitting in instantly and beating out Murray and Bray in preseason.

Mike Williams.

SAUTO 08-28-2016 10:22 AM

how about ehringer gaining 35-40% in functional strength before December of this year?

RealSNR 08-28-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391087)
Mike Williams.

That too

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12391074)

Hey we all have our 'homer favorites' and make our 'predictive statements' that more often than not do not come true. I also missed on M Williams making the team as well that you forgot to mention.:shrug:

Hogan "instantly" yes I missed on that BUT in the "long run" remains to be seen because Hogan is talented:thumb:.

Who have you missed on and have the maturity enough to admit it when called out ?;)

RealSNR 08-28-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391094)
Hey we all have our 'homer favorites' and make our 'predictive statements' that more often than not do not come true. I also missed on M Williams making the team as well that you forgot to mention.:shrug:

Hogan "instantly" yes I missed on that BUT in the "long run" remains to be seen because Hogan is talented:thumb:.

Who have you missed on and have the maturity enough to admit it when called out ?;)

This isn't about liking or not liking a player. It's about understanding the tremendous shift that ALL college QBs must overcome from college to pros, and how a very similar playbook at Stanford to what Reid runs in KC does not trump 2+ seasons of experience as a backup in the system.

I never once said that Hogan couldn't eventually beat out Murray/Bray. But in his rookie training camp? No ****ing way.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12391092)
how about ehringer gaining 35-40% in functional strength before December of this year?

You still don't get it. You take any person who has barely touched weights and that is the "key" 'barely touched weights' and put that person on a disciplined program and they will in the very least increase there strength by 35-40% within the first 3-5months. You assume Parker is already a "maxed out weight monster" in the weight room. He is NOT based on not only his play in pre-seaso(Rams D-line) but even more telling what he did and did not do at the combine which was even more telling.

I assure you any average person who has 'never seriously lifted weights' will make their biggest gains within the first 3-5 months because their ceiling is very high at that point. If you can only do 1 rep of bench press at 225lbs, within 3-5 months with committed discipline whether you are playing football or not I will have you doing at the very least 315 for 1 rep. I'm a weight lifting enthusiast and have taught it formerly and still teach it on the side.

With that being said and to your point of 'losing strength or leveling off' during the season because of the rigor of the season this is only true of players who have maxed out or hit their ceiling in the weight room. Parker has NOT.

Parker knew he was weak in the bench press and why he didn't perform it at the combine "thinking" he was protecting his draft stock but every team 'knew' what was going on:rolleyes:.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12391104)
This isn't about liking or not liking a player. It's about understanding the tremendous shift that ALL college QBs must overcome from college to pros, and how a very similar playbook at Stanford to what Reid runs in KC does not trump 2+ seasons of experience as a backup in the system.

Totally get that BUT Murray really showed very little if anything his first 2yrs and why I said what I said about Hogan. But to your point, the "QB incubating" of Murray has been successful based on his pre-season play this year and I am pleased with that don't get me wrong here.;)

Direckshun 08-28-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

What? You take the best player, milkman.

Poe, Howard, and Jones all play nose. We don't need the winner of RNR vs. king to play nose.

King has flashed in every game. You pick the best player.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12391164)

Poe, Howard, and Jones all play nose. We don't need the winner of RNR vs. king to play nose.

Jones isn't a NT

The Franchise 08-28-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12391164)

Dorsey's mantra is versatility.

milkman 08-28-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391124)
You still don't get it. You take any person who has barely touched weights and that is the "key" 'barely touched weights' and put that person on a disciplined program and they will in the very least increase there strength by 35-40% within the first 3-5months. You assume Parker is already a "maxed out weight monster" in the weight room. He is NOT based on not only his play in pre-seaso(Rams D-line) but even more telling what he did and did not do at the combine which was even more telling.

I assure you any average person who has 'never seriously lifted weights' will make their biggest gains within the first 3-5 months because their ceiling is very high at that point. If you can only do 1 rep of bench press at 225lbs, within 3-5 months with committed discipline whether you are playing football or not I will have you doing at the very least 315 for 1 rep. I'm a weight lifting enthusiast and have taught it formerly and still teach it on the side.

With that being said and to your point of 'losing strength or leveling off' during the season because of the rigor of the season this is only true of players who have maxed out or hit their ceiling in the weight room. Parker has NOT.

Parker knew he was weak in the bench press and why he didn't perform it at the combine "thinking" he was protecting his draft stock but every team 'knew' what was going on:rolleyes:.

Not sure who I feel more sorry for.

The dipshits that come to you for counseling, or the dipshits who use you as a weight trainer.

jjchieffan 08-28-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391124)

I hope you're right. I don't know enough about bulking up to argue either way, but if he can bulk up quickly, that's going to be great.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391180)
Not sure who I feel more sorry for.

The dipshits that come to you for counseling, or the dipshits who use you as a weight trainer.

Hey, do you work out with weights ?

Direckshun 08-28-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391166)
Jones isn't a NT

Neither is RNR.

But he can play NT. Coaches have plugged him in there a few times this training camp.

milkman 08-28-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391188)
Hey, do you work out with weights ?

Not anymore.

But that isn't the point.

The physical demands of playing the game, especially in the trenches, simply take too much of a physical toll for weight training to be effective.

That's why every single player that needs to put on muscle mass when they come into the league is expected to do so after their rookie season.

Direckshun 08-28-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12391176)
Dorsey's mantra is versatility.

My mantra is BPA.

Edit: Also that Pesty sucks the penis.

milkman 08-28-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12391193)
Neither is RNR.

But he can play NT. Coaches have plugged him in there a few times this training camp.

Actually, RNR is behind Poe at NT on the depth chart.

Jones can play NT, but he is/will be far more disruptive on the end, so I'd rather keep RNR as the backup.

If you want to make a choice, I'd rather choose between Williams and King.

I might be inclined to keep King with that choice.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12391193)
Neither is RNR.

King is a PS guy again this year, IMO.

jjchieffan 08-28-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391202)
King is a PS guy again this year, IMO.

Idk. I think that the thought last year was that Irving was a practice squad guy. Unfortunately, the Cowboys grabbed him and now he's a starter there. Ki G may not become a starter that quick, but I bet he could make severNFL rosters if we cut him.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12391208)
Idk. I think that the thought last year was that Irving was a practice squad guy. Unfortunately, the Cowboys grabbed him and now he's a starter there. Ki G may not become a starter that quick, but I bet he could make severNFL rosters if we cut him.

The Chiefs are going to cut several guys this year that will be on 53 man rosters throughout the league.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12391183)
I hope you're right. I don't know enough about bulking up to argue either way, but if he can bulk up quickly, that's going to be great.

If he is truly committed to himself and his team and trusts the strength training coach, NO PROBLEM, easily done. Let's say he can only do 225 maybe 5-10x(and may be worse, who knows?) which is usually the case when lineman decline the bench press at the combine. That means he is probably good for 1 rep anywhere between 300-320. Those guys at the combine doing 25 reps or more at 225 are performing at 1 rep anywhere from 450 to 550 lbs if not more for 1 rep. If Parker is committed, by December, starting in May he will be doing at least 400 to 425 for one rep regardless of the rigor of the season because his ceiling will be the highest to grow IMO and will at least keep him from being tossed around as much.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12391208)

BINGO !! King is Irving this year. We need to keep him some how.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391213)
The Chiefs are going to cut several guys this year that will be on 53 man rosters throughout the league.

As is every team with some teams having more to start elsewhere than others.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391225)
As is every team with some teams having more to start elsewhere than others.

What? Is this English?

milkman 08-28-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391228)
What? Is this English?

Adds a whole new meaning to psycho-babble, don't it.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391195)
Not anymore.

But that isn't the point.

The physical demands of playing the game, especially in the trenches, simply take too much of a physical toll for weight training to be effective.

So strength coaches are obsolete during the season and only deal with injured players in rehab ? Strength coaches don't attempt to keep "their horses strong in the trenches" during the season and avoid any heavy lifting at all because they are just too tired ? Seriously ?? You are seriously mistaken here my friend. If a strength coach can keep his horses within 15-20% of their ceiling all year then this will be considered successful because the rigors of the season do take a toll and it is expected they will not be at their ceiling. But to avoid all heavy lifting for the whole season is not only unwise but asinine. What happens is that during the off season they weight train anywhere from 4-5 days a week. During the season the strength coaches just have them lift 2 days a week to keep them close to their ceiling strength. Some guys can get away with just 1 day a week. Lifting during the season also helps avoid serious injury as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391195)
That's why every single player that needs to put on muscle mass when they come into the league is expected to do so after their rookie season.

No. That is why any kid out of college who is serious about playing in the NFL will already be at their "weight lifting ceiling" if they are smart and will have started this practice way back in HS if not middle school being disciplined in the weight room if they are truly committed to football regardless of NFL dreams or not. It's just that some kids are just naturally strong and have gotten away with just natural strength and naively think they don't need to lift because they throw others around with ease UNTIL they reach the professional level and then that is when they get the "welcome to the physical strength of the NFL" rookie !!:rolleyes: And then the light usually goes on for them at that point.;)

GMs,Coaches and Strength coaches don't have the luxury of waiting for that 'rookie' to put on mass and strength after their first year in the off season. They assess and those that need serious help in both areas are immediately started in mini-camps upon arrival and either they embrace it or they fight it with phantom injuries because they are lazy and not used to the physical and mental toughness it takes to reach their ceiling but either they produce or they are gone in most cases. Strength programs are immediately started, PERIOD.

Hoover 08-28-2016 12:33 PM

Say it with me, there is no reason to keep three QBs.

If we are starting Murray, the season is lost anyway, I'd rather improve our draft status.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391228)
What? Is this English?

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391230)
Adds a whole new meaning to psycho-babble, don't it.

Is this all you guys have is a grammar typo error ?

KChiefs1 08-28-2016 12:41 PM

Dadi Nicolas will be a stud next season after a year in the weight room.

I called it after watching him in training camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjchieffan 08-28-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391220)
If he is truly committed to himself and his team and trusts the strength training coach, NO PROBLEM, easily done. Let's say he can only do 225 maybe 5-10x(and may be worse, who knows?) which is usually the case when lineman decline the bench press at the combine. That means he is probably good for 1 rep anywhere between 300-320. Those guys at the combine doing 25 reps or more at 225 are performing at 1 rep anywhere from 450 to 550 lbs if not more for 1 rep. If Parker is committed, by December, starting in May he will be doing at least 400 to 425 for one rep regardless of the rigor of the season because his ceiling will be the highest to grow IMO and will at least keep him from being tossed around as much.

First of all, as I already stated, I don't know much about weight training, so I'm not trying to argue with you. But one thing that I would like to hear your input on is that much strength training during a rookie season and it's effect on him as the season wears on. Year after year, we see rookies start off looking great and then tail off as they hit the "rookie wall" because they are not accustomed to a 16 game schedule. Wouldn't adding all of that strength training to him on top of everything else make him hit that wall that much sooner and any strength gained be negated due to fatigue?

KChiefs1 08-28-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12391279)

If we are starting Murray, the season is lost anyway, I'd rather improve our draft status.

I think there's a chance they trade Murray if the offer is right. I also believe that Knile Davis will be traded.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

:facepalm:

LoneWolf 08-28-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12391291)
First of all, as I already stated, I don't know much about weight training

It's OK, neither does Chiefshrink. You're basically having a conversation with a functional reerun.

jjchieffan 08-28-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391213)

I agree with that. But my point was that he would be on an active roster when you called him a practice squad guy. I would love to have him on the practice squad this year and then get him on the active roster next year. I just don't think that he clears waivers to get there and even if he does, I would bet that he winds up getting plucked from there at some point.

KChiefs1 08-28-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

I'm taking Murray, and this isn't even close. Murray has won the spot but he may have more value in a trade.

I'm taking Reaves, and this also isn't even close. Totally agree. Trade Knile Davis.

I'm keeping both Hammond and Robinson, and dumping Wilson. Wilson can't make this team.

Pughsley. Ok

RNR, because King can't play the nose. Hate losing either one of these guys like Irving to the Cowboys.

DJ Alexander. Keeper. ST stud.

And finally, neither Fleming or Vereen. Flemming shouldn't have been in camp. Total suck.

Answered

jjchieffan 08-28-2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

I don't know that anyone is arguing that we should keep 3 quarterbacks in case of injury. I think most of us see value in using that spot to develop someone. Assuming that Foles leaves for a starting gig next year, we will have no backup with any experience in this offense. That 3rd spot isn't about this year.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12391301)
I agree with that. But my point was that he would be on an active roster when you called him a practice squad guy. I would love to have him on the practice squad this year and then get him on the active roster next year. I just don't think that he clears waivers to get there and even if he does, I would bet that he winds up getting plucked from there at some point.

Okay, I"ll clarify: He's a Practice Squad guy for the Chiefs, IMO.

Obviously, that doesn't preclude him from being claimed off of waivers or signed to an active roster while on the Chiefs PS but at this point in time, I don't think he's a better option than Poe, Howard, Jones, Bailey, RNR or Nick Williams.

jjchieffan 08-28-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391311)
Okay, I"ll clarify: He's a Practice Squad guy for the Chiefs, IMO.

Obviously, that doesn't preclude him from being claimed off of waivers or signed to an active roster while on the Chiefs PS but at this point in time, I don't think he's a better option than Poe, Howard, Jones, Bailey, RNR or Nick Williams.

I agree with that assessment. Having that much talent on the line is a good problem to have. From the Vermeil years until now, how many of those linemen would even make this team, much less start. Our line was so awful for so long. Now it's very deep.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

First of all, as I already stated, I don't know much about weight training, so I'm not trying to argue with you. But one thing that I would like to hear your input on is that much strength training during a rookie season and it's effect on him as the season wears on. Year after year, we see rookies start off looking great and then tail off as they hit the "rookie wall" because they are not accustomed to a 16 game schedule. Wouldn't adding all of that strength training to him on top of everything else make him hit that wall that much sooner and any strength gained be negated due to fatigue?

I will answer later.:thumb:

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12391300)
It's OK, neither does Chiefshrink. You're basically having a conversation with a functional reerun.

We can always count on you LW for a substantive response:rolleyes:

BlackHelicopters 08-28-2016 01:24 PM

Hookers and blow.

RealSNR 08-28-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Andy Reid has never gone into a season with only 2 QBs on the roster.

LoneWolf 08-28-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391370)
We can always count on you LW for a substantive response:rolleyes:

Tell me Mr. Wizard how in the world a guy (especially a starter) adds 100 lbs. to his bench max during the season.

You're a ****ing joke.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12391439)
Tell me Mr. Wizard how in the world a guy (especially a starter) adds 100 lbs. to his bench max during the season.

You're a ****ing joke.

Read posts 20 and 35. You are uneducated on weight training:rolleyes:

Mr. Laz 08-28-2016 06:50 PM

some of those options just suck

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Parker is a very smart kid so you won't over tax his brain because he truly gets it and why he is already starting. Therefore that won't fatigue him whatsoever IMO. When playing in the trenches as a lineman whether offense or defense and you are starting as a rookie, strength is not an option for the next offseason.]It is a MUST NOW !! All the great intellect and technique doesn't mean manure if you are getting tossed around like a rag doll. Like I said Parker is smart and a great technician but his weaknesses are strength,agility and quickness getting into space which can be improved. Look at what events he avoided at the combine. Bench press,3 cone drill and 20 yd shuttle. Why? Especially when he ran the 40.

Every rookie coming in has their specific challenges whether it's physical,mental,emotional or all three. Tailing off could be any one of the 3 or all 3. Who knows? Only the coaches do at that point if they tail off what seems to be their specific issue/issues and then they deal with it. First off most coming into the NFL most rookies although told ahead of time don't realize just how mentally taxing the game can be and will be played from not only a very physical perspective but even more so from an intellectual perspective on every snap with all the reads and audibles on both sides of the ball and the right adjustments that must be made in a split fraction of a second. Quite frankly this will be easy for Parker because usually it is the intellectually taxing volume and techniques that take time for most and why to your point the tail off occurs but Parker is already there on those aspects. if Parker is committed to improving his strength which I think he will be you will be seeing less of him being thrown around as the season progresses and by December he will hold his own. Will he reach his full weight training ceiling by Dec.? Probably not but he will have made big advances to the point of not being anybody's rag doll anymore. If all he has to do is just improve his strength,quickness and agility this will be easy for him because it is usually the large volume of info that fatigues most players and why you see them tail off.

milkman 08-28-2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391976)
Parker is a very smart kid so you won't over tax his brain because he truly gets it and why he is already starting. Therefore that won't fatigue him whatsoever IMO. When playing in the trenches as a lineman whether offense or defense and you are starting as a rookie, strength is not an option for the next offseason.]It is a MUST NOW !! All the great intellect and technique doesn't mean manure if you are getting tossed around like a rag doll. Like I said Parker is smart and a great technician but his weaknesses are strength,agility and quickness getting into space which can be improved. Look at what events he avoided at the combine. Bench press,3 cone drill and 20 yd shuttle. Why? Especially when he ran the 40.

Every rookie coming in has their specific challenges whether it's physical,mental,emotional or all three. Tailing off could be any one of the 3 or all 3. Who knows? Only the coaches do at that point if they tail off what seems to be their specific issue/issues and then they deal with it. First off most coming into the NFL most rookies although told ahead of time don't realize just how mentally taxing the game can be and will be played from not only a very physical perspective but even more so from an intellectual perspective on every snap with all the reads and audibles on both sides of the ball and the right adjustments that must be made in a split fraction of a second. Quite frankly this will be easy for Parker because usually it is the intellectually taxing volume and techniques that take time for most and why to your point the tail off occurs but Parker is already there on those aspects. if Parker is committed to improving his strength which I think he will be you will be seeing less of him being thrown around as the season progresses and by December he will hold his own. Will he reach his full weight training ceiling by Dec.? Probably not but he will have made big advances to the point of not being anybody's rag doll anymore. If all he has to do is just improve his strength,quickness and agility this will be easy for him because it is usually the large volume of info that fatigues most players and why you see them tail off.

Good lord, you are a bigger ****ing moron than even I imagined.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12392594)
Good lord, you are a bigger ****ing moron than even I imagined.

Jesus loves you Milk !!;)

BossChief 08-29-2016 06:34 AM

Quote:

Pughsley.
DJ Alexander.

I agree with these, except I'd cut Hammond and keep all the DL.

We have enough WRs without him and after we lose Poe, it will be nice to still have a plethora of DL.

I'd be very hesitant to release any of Poe, Bailey, Howard, Jones, Williams, Roches or King...only if we get something in return.